Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention Flooders (you Know Who You Are)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gashole
Okay, it has come to my (and everyone else's, I'm sure) attention that you guys are ridiculously posting waaaaaaay too much. It has reached the point where it's not even fun anymore. For someone who does not constantly check this forum every 10 minutes, finding all these new posts, having to back up for a couple pages (or TEN) to catch up with each thread can be a pain in the ass. Therefore, I encourage you guys to cut back a little. Resist the urge to comment on every single thread, especially if your comment consists only of one sentence or less. If you have nothing to say, you have nothing to say.

"Smooth water runs deep" = person of few words has deep thoughts. Who knows, this way you may even look more intelligent that you really are. laugh.gif

We love you, by the way, just not that much. biggrin.gif

(Maybe we should invent one special thread for flooding=completely useless, nonsensical conversation?)
Quistis88
Great idea, Gashole. I, too, find it a little bit of a hassle to catch up with the threads. I'm not saying that people who flood are necessarily bad, just that, as you have mentioned, they should cut back a little. It also makes the forum look more organized and professional to newcomers and guests, I believe.

We could call that thread where the flooders post "The Dam". biggrin.gif
Tashi
why not make a whole new section for flooding. alot of topics, like the "what are you listnening to right now" are pretty much made for flooding.
Gashole
Not necessarily. I didn't think a certain someone would post what he listens to every 5 minutes. tongue.gif
xrninja
hear, hear. of course having a lot of replies to threads is what makes a forum interesting, but going through pages and seeing that half of the posts are just a few words and smilies gets a little annoying. if you feel like you need to comment on something, by all means do, but is it really necessary to reply to everything? in every thread? and for those who want to raise their post count and rank.....i think i'm missing something but i don't see why raising post count is at all important. cutting back on replies will not deplete your precious post count to zero.

sorry if that came across as harsh and snappy, but it's been a trying day rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
It's all right, xrninja. We're all entitled to tiny "rants" every once in a while. tongue.gif
Ailuro
I apologize for my actions if I was one of those flooders, I take full responsibility. >>;
Kasumi
A thread for completely non-sense and useless conversation sounds like a good idea. I've seen it done on other forums before...I believe they named it "How fast can a thread get to 1337 posts?"

And, I apologize for being one of those flooders. ^^;;
rsF
I wonder when Kase will read this thread...
Chibi Viki
ahehehe, seeing as i already have tons of posts, i must be one of them (BAD MOD!)... but in defence, i only post in those threads that interest me and that i've been here for a quite a while.
RolfKaese
same goes here ^^
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I just get irritated when 5 topics for the same thing pop up on the forum. granted, I post a lot, but its mainly in 3 threads and that's about it. Its annoying to see 3 different topics for "what music do you like / listen to/ are are listening to right now" sort of thing. Just make on general topic thread and post all of that stuff / discussions in there?

okay, that was my rant. ^^;

~ais
filimonovna
Well, the amount of pages is increadible; I quit trying to get what happens long ago. But still, ppl get fun! Maybe it'd just be better if we (I mean everyone) somehow try not to flood?
Quistis88
I wonder if I have been flooding. Heh . . . laugh.gif

I find that it's usually the newly registered people who make these so-called "useless" threads (like those many threads on episode 51!). I wonder how we can control that from happening.
Thievesvinegar
it just comes down to if you have something interesting and worthy to say. I don't mind flooding...if its what i think it is, only if you post for the sake of giving your own good opinion, not for the purpose of upping post counts.
Gashole
What she said. smile.gif

(Hehe, maybe I'm one of the flooders I was talking aboug myself. tongue.gif )
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
the biggest flooder here is wolfi and she is open about her flooding lol

(i THINK wolfi is a girl, im hoping now lol EEK!)

just b thankful u r a part of these forums insteadof others ive seen others that have crazy amounts of pepul (ehem, adult swim) where its impossible to keep up

i sometimes flood a bit but not that much..only in threads that i think are interesting will i post a lot. and thats only like 2-4 threads.

(i like creating threads tho lol)
Aqua_Alchemist
I've had a break for 3 days, and look what i come back to..............tongue.gif tongue.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
well so as long its not replying with just an emoticon or that me too thinge or lol, at least ending with a valid sentence relating to the topic is fine
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 10 2004, 06:44 PM)
I wonder if I have been flooding.  Heh . . . laugh.gif

I find that it's usually the newly registered people who make these so-called "useless" threads (like those many threads on episode 51!).  I wonder how we can control that from happening.

ack! most people who start threads like those are the newbies... i closed most of them and other topics w/ repetitive topics. honestly, why can't they spend at least 10 minutes to browse through old threads before starting new ones... *grumble* *grumble*
Lust
x_o You need to give the new users a chance, this will always happen on a board. The old members get sick of the new members and that just creates more problems. I think blaming it on NEW PEOPLE only isnt right, some of the oldies with over 100 post are a bit spammy themselves... whatever, I dont think I am a flooder...am I?
Aqua_Alchemist
Just one note, can we put an end to 'Hi' threads, because although they are interesting, can't they all be compiled into one thread, or even section lol. It may not be bad now, but when the americans (no offense) invade, it will become worse.
Lust
It's not Americans, it's when the little 10-12 year old brats invade.
It may not be bad now, but when the americans (no offense) invade, it will become worse.

when the little 10-12 year old brats invade.

both of those r true AHH i forgot that FMA is coming to adult shwim CRAp that means that instead of our nice tight and cozy 1,000 some odd members there will b crazy dumb amount of people like narutofan's 15 billion.. ... hmmmmmm CRAP! (im american but i watch fansubbed, fansubbed= Wayy better no stupid mainstream dumbness 4 me!)
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Lust @ Oct 11 2004, 05:24 PM)

and there was one main "hi" thread... it's the biography one that's lost on page 3 or something to that effect.

~ais

same difference. the majority will be american because of CN... I'm afraid of that time. lol.
Quistis88
I'm frightened as well. Would I have to bring a cyber-bat to the forums to beat off extremely rabid fangirls and fanboys? I'm scared!!! laugh.gif
I hate American anime fan's .. most of em... soo ignorant they are..

America is so into mainstream poo. even if something WAS great then bcame mainstream it turns into poo bcuz of the new found fans.
Lust
Face it though, alot of the members here already are American... more then 1/2 of the boards population probably.
Gashole
Well. Most of us are "mature" enough though (in that we don't sound obviously like 10-yr-olds). I guess it's not really American fangirls whom I hate after all but American kiddie fans. tongue.gif One or two doesn't bother me, but dozens of them all at once and I'm gonna need to shoot someone.

Gee, I wonder what kind of posts they're going to make. I sure can't wait to see what they think and how their brains work. laugh.gif

Edit: Ooh, to avoid parents' complaints we better start watching our mouth and cut back on the cuss words. Of course, these are the same kids who listen to Alanis Morisette, watch MTV, and call their elders stupid for saying kids don't know anything. rolleyes.gif Never mind then.
Quistis88
Oh, that'll be interesting indeed. We'll HAVE to find some way to control those flooders, because every time something becomes mainstream, the forums seem to accumulate a small amount of obnoxious flooders (it's a good thing we don't have any here . . . yet).

And I am appalled by people's profanity sometimes, ESPECIALLY if they are under the age of 15! What ever happened to the concept of parenting? laugh.gif
Thievesvinegar

wtf? Give me one name that is 10-12 years old that floods in here. uhhh...there aren't any. this is one reason why i'm in here. I can't believe the useless crap other forums putup with and i hightly doubt they are all 10-12 years old. It is just irritating people who lives to do their job. Please, i've known 10-12 year olds who have a higher amount of brain cells than those older than them. Your definition of brat is too narrow. You forgot to include me.
Face it though, alot of the members here already are American... more then 1/2 of the boards population probably.

yes that is true im not saying every American is dumb.. especially cuz i am one lol

And I am appalled by people's profanity sometimes, ESPECIALLY if they are under the age of 15! What ever happened to the concept of parenting?

lol i am 15 and i try to NOT use profantiy as much as possible. i mean it really doens't matter to me either way i can converse with just about anyone no matter how they speak. u gotta remember tho its not like back in the 50's lol kids at the age of 13 are already smokin weed and drinking and having sex...... it's not all thtat uncommon anymore (im 15 but i sound old lol) but i haven't had sex yet im saving my love, LOVE.
altho i cant say i havent tried drugs or alcohol (i dont like drinking at all tho anyways)
but weed...eh it aint that bad for u.

but yea after the show is mainstream there ar gonna b a LOt more pepul comin to this board mayb brantq should just STOP registration all together THE DAY that it comes out on adult swim lol that would b funny.

EDIT: eh.. sorta went off on a tangent there sorry
unsure.gif
Gashole
@Thieves: Remind me again how old you are? huh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU @ Oct 11 2004, 05:35 PM)
kids at the age of 13 are already smokin weed and drinking and having sex...... it's not all thtat uncommon anymore

Unfortunately, it's quite correct. Ahh, what is this world coming to, I say! An end, I suppose.
Unfortunately, it's quite correct. Ahh, what is this world coming to, I say! An end, I suppose.

LOL an end i suppose WHAT KINDA COMMENT IS THAT!! lol

i dont know y but that mademe laugh really hard!

but yes its true.

:Armstrongs voice: im always true!! lol
Gashole
I know, it's horrible. When I was 13, I was more like wolfi. biggrin.gif
That's really how 13-yr-olds should behave.

It can be compared to how 10-yr-olds today know HTML codes better than I do. blink.gif
Holy macaroni, when I was 10, I didn't even have a computer.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Gashole @ Oct 11 2004, 06:06 PM)
Holy macaroni, when I was 10, I didn't even have a computer.

Haha! I was in the same situation myself. biggrin.gif
Fullmetal Elric
i had a comp when i was ten, it was teaching me how to say things correctly, jk, no my mom gave m her old laptop which weighed like 10 lbs and was 4 inches thick, lol i played some game on it called gizmo and gadgets. it was a good time
Pixeldot
Just wait until November 6th, everybody here in America will know about it... =/

As an American, of course, I have to defend them. I really have limited access to anime thats not shown on TV. I go to about 3 conventions an year, and thats about the only time I get to look outside of AS anime.
Fullmetal Elric
i wanna go to a con but it never seems to work out huh.gif
Gashole
Geewhiz, can you hear me rolling my eyes?
Lust
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Oct 11 2004, 03:59 PM)

wtf? Give me one name that is 10-12 years old that floods in here. uhhh...there aren't any. this is one reason why i'm in here. I can't believe the useless crap other forums putup with and i hightly doubt they are all 10-12 years old. It is just irritating people who lives to do their job. Please, i've known 10-12 year olds who have a higher amount of brain cells than those older than them. Your definition of brat is too narrow. You forgot to include me.

I wasnt talking about now... God X_X Dont be such a bitch.
The word invade is in there so obviously when FMA hits AS...
YES, it is common for little kids to spam places out, I would know. I am a moderator on plenty of forums that died because of fucking little kids...I was just stating that the majority of spammers are little kids. Get your facts straight ~.~;;;
Thievesvinegar
Lust, my comment wasn't directed at you, i was just commenting the stattement.

If you, or anyone else is affeected but what this stranger puts online, pm me and i will personally apologize...and i though i was being civil in here. blink.gif

spammers beware! Lust is out for you!
Lust
x_x; I didnt know if you were trying to start something or what. >_> Sorry I overreacted...
Haroken
How has kase not gotten in on this subject yet?
Gashole
We are all waiting for the answer in suspense.
How has kase not gotten in on this subject yet?

im wondering that too... I dont think she really cares about this as much as she used to mayb she just doesnt visit open chat as much as we all do.!
Thievesvinegar
is this forum dying?

and Lust, don't ever aplogize to me, cause it just ain't worth it tongue.gif
wolfi1412
QUOTE(The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU @ Oct 10 2004, 01:27 PM)
the biggest flooder here is wolfi and she is open about her flooding lol

(i THINK wolfi is a girl, im hoping now lol EEK!)

just b thankful u r a part of these forums insteadof others ive seen others that have crazy amounts of pepul (ehem, adult swim) where its impossible to keep up

so there has been a thread about this, lol.. just read ur PM Gashole! coz I've been silent for quite a time, u seem to be looking for the "flooder" that has flood for 3 days in a row, and suddenly just takes a break with no warning.. the reason is... it's weekend!!

Weekends are busy days for me, I can't go on Friday, coz I have a get-together stuff at 6, then Saturday, got to go to Church in the morning, then have lunch and stuff, come back, no mood to go to forum. Sunday, got this course from morning to noon, at afternoon, got to go to church... busy.. ><
so, sorry for flooding this forum.. for 3 days.. I did cut down the amount of posts now, even Thieves and Gashole sent me a PM about my 'disappearance'

and I am a girl

QUOTE(Gashole)
I know, it's horrible. When I was 13, I was more like wolfi. 
That's really how 13-yr-olds should behave.

hey, 13 yr-olds are more mature than 10 yr-olds!
Quistis88
I believe that in many cases, the level of one's maturity has little to do with how long they have existed. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.