Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trinity Blood
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Trinity Blood (トリニティ・ブラッド Toriniti Buraddo?) premiered on the satellite network WOWOW on April 28, 2005 and ran through October 6, 2005, spanning a total of 24 episodes. Directed by Tomohiro Hirata, it featured character designs by Atsuko Nakajima and music by Takahito Eguchi.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: The background is in the distant future after the destruction brought about by Armageddon. The war between the vampires and the humans continue to persist. In order to protect the humans from the vampires, Vatican has to rely on other allies to counter the situation. The protagonist, a priest called Peter Abel Nightroad, travels through the countries as a representative for the Vaticans. However, he is also part of "Ax", a special operations group controlled by the Cardinal Catherina. His encounter with a young girl called Esther will determine the struggle and survival between the human race and the vampires.

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, horror, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: bishoujo, bishounen, post-apocalyptic, priests and priestesses, vampires
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

Is anyone going to be watching this show? It looks pretty violent and well animated. You can watch a promo for it here. It's seems like an awesome show. Here is some information about it from Wikipedia.
fullmetalx89
Looks pretty sweet
Tombow
I saw the promo!! It looked good, and I liked the narration!! biggrin.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
It does look real good. I can't wait to watch it.
ScarMySoul
I'm getting tired of the commercial on [as] since they play it every five seconds but I can't wait to watch that and Bleach.

*does excited dance*
edsgirl
The entire anime is a total WTF. I just hope they come out with a season 2, so I can figure out what the hell is going on. The plot has a lot of shit going on, and will probably remind you of a lot of different animes, but it's still a pretty good story, if you can get your mind to grasp around it. The original author of the novel actually died, so you can tell that the writers just kinda threw some stuff together. On the plus side, the backgrounds and settings are really well animated, and the music is to die for. I'm still in love with this OST.
That's all the detail i'm going into about this one. But I have heard that the english cast for the dub is very good, so that's a plus. Good luck!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I hope this anime is like Hellsing. I hoped it's doesn't have as much gore in it as Hellsing does though.
Full Metal97
laugh.gif It looks awesome im definetly going to have to watch it
Kitty Alchemist
It look cool and I like vampires. I can't wait for it to come.
Fayth Prophecy
I've seen some of the subbed version, so I hope they don't mess it up in the dubbed. But It's a pretty interesting anime though.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I've heard that its not that great, but I think that it looks like it will be amazing.
ScarMySoul
I put in DVD 1 of Basilisk yesterday and they had a longer preview of Trinity Blood, it had the scenes and such that [as] used but it showed more of the show and it made it look a lot more interesting. I can't wait for it now.

happy.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i've heard it was gorey, i'm not a big fan of bloody things laugh.gif but i'll check it out wen it comes on Adult Swim! it's done by funimation too happy.gif
InsaneFangirl
It looks great! I can't wait to see it. ^^
Brig.General Hughes
I couldn't agree more with everyone else i cant wait to see it on september 9th

but to tell you the truth the white haired vampire looks alot like gen from samurai champloo
Matt Perry
September 9th is going to be a good night.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Matt Perry @ Sep 5 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]442243[/snapback]

Very true. Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Eureka 7 all within 2 hours. After FMA, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Samurai Champloo were done on Adult Swim I thought that Adult Swim would never get anymore good anime. They proved me wrong. For the better though. biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 5 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]442246[/snapback]

QUOTE(Matt Perry @ Sep 5 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]442243[/snapback]

Very true. Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Eureka 7 all within 2 hours. After FMA, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Samurai Champloo were done on Adult Swim I thought that Adult Swim would never get anymore good anime. They proved me wrong. For the better though. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm a idiot

LOL I didn't even see that you typed Bleach.... my bad
Vash_the_Gunslinger
That was a great episode. I really thought that it might be a letdown, but it was very good. biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
I really enjoyed this show and I love love love the music. I have to say Able Nightroad is my favorite character as of right now. He kicks some major ass yet in the midst of things he still wants his sandwich, hahahah.

laugh.gif
Ed_luvs_Winry
Wow this anime is looking pretty good so far,you just jump right in on this show huh?
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Hopefully, on the fix this Friday, they will show us the entire episode.
Molecular Alchemist
Uhh...am i the only one who found the fact that they chose SEpt 9th to air a show that's premire epi had to do with...umm....plane hijacking and all that crap. unsure.gif

it was entertaining, nonetheless...its a shame i'm going to miss this weeks.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Sep 13 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]446228[/snapback]

Uhh...am i the only one who found the fact that they chose SEpt 9th to air a show that's premire epi had to do with...umm....plane hijacking and all that crap. unsure.gif

it was entertaining, nonetheless...its a shame i'm going to miss this weeks.

No if it was September 11th then yes but it wasn't. I don't find it odd at all.
Carnal Malefactor
Anyone notice that the female vampire in episode 2 was a direct ripoff of Lust?
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 16 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]447282[/snapback]

Aren't most vampire chicks like Lust anyway?
Tombow
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 16 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]447282[/snapback]
Yeah, strong resemblance. Reminded me of Lust right away. biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 16 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]447282[/snapback]

Not until you mentioned it, although I do see a resemblence.
Molecular Alchemist
It looks really cool, i'll give it that. Sadly, I miss the first airing and when i sit to watch the second airing at 300am, i end up somehow passing out halfway through (without realizing i did) and wake up halfway through Bleach.

Maybe if i get time i'll attempt to watch them on the fix....but i like what ive seen/read of the storyline...and it is visually pleasing...to me, at least biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
Episode three seemed to not make sense.... then again I did miss quite a bit of the beginning.... so I'll have to rewatch it.
Tombow
^^ Yap, the episode 3...
What didn't make sense to me was that why he decided to go with the Sister, and gets arrested as well.
Wasn't it better if he stayed behind, and watched the church??
I understand that he wants to look after the Sister, but at this point, there is no guarantee that they can stay together after getting arrested. unsure.gif

ScarMySoul
QUOTE (Tombow @ Sep 24 2006, 01:05 AM) *
^^ Yap, the episode 3...
What didn't make sense to me was that why he decided to go with the Sister, and gets arrested as well.
Wasn't it better if he stayed behind, and watched the church??
I understand that he wants to look after the Sister, but at this point, there is no guarantee that they can stay together after getting arrested. unsure.gif

In a way, the sister looked like the woman he loved that has a history with him in the past, maybe that's why he went, to protect her like he couldn't do with the woman from the past.

I'm also assuming in that statement I just said lol, I'm going off of what I see in the ending credits and such. laugh.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Does anyone know when we see Nightroad's full crusnik transformation? I haven't seen his entire transformation at all besides a text.
ScarMySoul
I am amazed at last nights episode. I thought it was great, and Demetrius (I think that's what his name was) is so deliciously evil.

laugh.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Oct 1 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]453856[/snapback]

I am amazed at last nights episode. I thought it was great, and Demetrius (I think that's what his name was) is so deliciously evil.

laugh.gif

I loved that episode. biggrin.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
I think I need to watch more of this show before I can come up with a proper examination I have missed a couple by mistake tho
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I watched some of the next episode on the fix, but then I got tired and went to bed. sad.gif Now I have to stay up all night just to see the rest. sad.gif
ScarMySoul
Episode 5 was alright, nothing to write home about. I did like however that Esther found the Pope crying and didn't know who he really was....

Her reaction was good. Made me laugh...
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Oct 8 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]456662[/snapback]

Episode 5 was alright, nothing to write home about. I did like however that Esther found the Pope crying and didn't know who he really was....

Her reaction was good. Made me laugh...

That was funny! laugh.gif
TheLaughingMan9
last nights episode was real good. sword dancer is cool as hell, but did the ending imply that he left the clergy?
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(TheLaughingMan9 @ Oct 15 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]460334[/snapback]

last nights episode was real good. sword dancer is cool as hell, but did the ending imply that he left the clergy?

It seemed like it didn't it?

I think it will be interesting to see more about his character.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
It seems I've missed the last two episodes. I'm mad, but I can't see them until I find them so could someone fill me in one the last two episodes? Thanks.
TheLaughingMan9
watched the rest of the show on youtube, god damn its a cliffhanger. is there a movie scheduled? the religious information in it (Cain and Abel) is really interesting.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
I do not think there is a movie.
Mind Alchemist
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 26 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]451454[/snapback]
Does anyone know when we see Nightroad's full crusnik transformation? I haven't seen his entire transformation at all besides a text.

you'll see that in 'overcount: lucifers choice'.

This anime is soo cool i love it.
KelticWolf
Like I've said before, I've been way from anime for quite some time now, and one of my favorite shows I used to watch was "Trinity Blood". I saw about 6 episodes over all, and loved it. I found out they were streaming it on netflix so I started watching it, and found out the original author passed away, and nobody finished up the series leaving it at a huge cliff hanger. Is the Manga the same way? and is anybody planning on picking up the torch and finishing the series?
Tombow
@KelticWolf - Aha, I remember watching (part of it xp) this series because it used to air right before FMA (the first anime series). biggrin.gif

Yes, it has 24 episodes, and the series does conclude, although there are some differences among the novel version, manga, and the anime series. If I remember correctly, after the original author of the novel, Sunao Yoshida died (in July 2004, I think) his friend and also a novelist, Kentaro Yasui continued and concluded the story.
The English dubbed anime series (all 24 episodes) was first aired on Adult Swim (U.S.) in 2005. smile.gif

By the way, we do have a thread for the discussion of this anime series, so I think our awesome moderators can merge this thread to Trinity Blood (anime) thread (it's in Let's discuss your fav anime series here! sub-forum ^^) later. biggrin.gif
KelticWolf
Thanks for the info. So both Manga, and Anime are concluded?
Tombow
@KelticWolf - Yes. The same novelist, Kentaro Yasui also helped to finish the manga storyline, and art was done by Kiyo Kujyo.
And, I just double checked, and manga has 12 volumes. smile.gif
KelticWolf
QUOTE (Tombow @ Sep 28 2011, 11:27 PM) *
@KelticWolf - Yes. The same novelist, Kentaro Yasui also helped to finish the manga storyline, and art was done by Kiyo Kujyo.
And, I just double checked, and manga has 12 volumes. smile.gif

Ok. Thank you. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.