Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have You Ever Comitted A Sin?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2
Wrath V
I just did this for curiosity, but if you really have done any SINs don't be afraid to say it here... I hope it will be save enough...

Also, this is a new topic Try Out.. tongue.gif
MonsterEnvy
Saved, as in, confession?

Well, I'm in no particular hurry to confess to a questionably existent god, but if I had to admit to being guilty of a deadly sin... let's see...

Acedia, Avarice, Lust, Envy, Pride, and Wrath. That should cover it... the only one I'm not particularly guilty of is gluttony. As for the rest... the details would surpass the character limit.
Wrath V
Thank you my dear MonsterEnvy... and now it's my turn...

My first SIN ever in my life... Wrath, then Envy... a little of Pride, must confess I've been Greedy... and of course Sloth, but never felt Lust nor Gluttony (thank god [if he really exists] for that one)...
Migchao
Sloth I'm lazy...

Wrath Rarely. I hold grudges, but very seldomly.

Not sure about the others though. But everybody commits sins, so there's going to be quite a few answers of sin here.
Popogeejo
Are we talking Biblical sins or Dante's Infurno Sins?

If it's Biblical then I've done quite afew, if it's Dante then I've done them all, sometimes at the same time.
Wrath V
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Aug 21 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]435504[/snapback]

there's going to be quite a few answers of sin here.

If that's the case, then, how about talking when you commit them???

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 21 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]435507[/snapback]

If it's Biblical then I've done quite afew, if it's Dante then I've done them all, sometimes at the same time.

They are sins, so... what's the difference?? Maybe we should talk about Biblical sins (for the time being)...
Popogeejo
Then that doesn't include the Seven deadly sins Envy, Sloth, Wrath, Pride, Greed, Lust and Gluttony.

Biblical sins are basic do's and don'ts (mostly don'ts).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin#Christian_views_of_sin

The Seven deadly sins;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins#The_Sins

NOTE: I'm more than likely wrong on this subject but it's almost 5am.
Migchao
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 21 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]435507[/snapback]

You've done Lust before... blink.gif ...

And that's the first thing I read when I turned twelve about a minute or two ago. laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Aug 22 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]435527[/snapback]

WHAT THE f*!@ IS WRONG WITH YOU!? SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU THAT F***ING SHELTERED!?

[oh dear, I do believe I just Wrathed]
Popogeejo
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Aug 22 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]435527[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 21 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]435507[/snapback]

Done lust? That feel wrong..grammaticly speaking. I've felt Lust deffinatly. Mostly for hot Hollywood types like Carmen Electra or some such.
MonsterEnvy
QUOTE(popogoojo)
Dante's Infurno

*dies*

Void, you need another asterix.

QUOTE(popogeejo)
Done lust? That feel wrong..grammaticly speaking. I've felt Lust deffinatly. Mostly for hot Hollywood types like Carmen Electra or some such.

And Avril Lavigne, perchance? tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
I've never once offered an animal sacrifice at a temple in penitence for the sin of menstruating. sad.gif I have disobeyed the bible.

*feels ashamed*
Chibi Alphonse Elric
Gluttony, Anger(wrath), Envy, Sloth(doing that right now. While eating an apple. tongue.gif), and Pride.

Anger and Pride are the most I do.

Although I do all those on a daily basias(sp?)

If there is a hell, I'll see ya there.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm a fan of all seven. Though aren't we all?
Chiyo
Ha, well how about all of the above, apart from greed as I am usually generous. But hell, Sloth, Lust, I'm up for it all, though not the two together laugh.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Aug 22 2006, 05:30 AM) [snapback]435546[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogoojo)
Dante's Infurno

*dies*

It's the Pirate version of Dante's Inferno! Not my fault, not my fault! Also, since when have I been Popogoojo?

QUOTE(MosterEnvy @ Aug 22 2087, 005:61) [snapback]435546[/snapback]
QUOTE(popogeejo)

And Avril Lavigne, perchance? tongue.gif

*Long silence*...Shut up.

I have disobeyed the bible.

Don't worry, the Bible is rather insane.
QUOTE(Deuteronomy Chapter 22)

Rape
22:25 However, if the man encountered the betrothed girl in the field and raped her, then only the rapist shall be put to death.
22:26 You must not impose any penalty whatsoever upon the girl, since she has not committed a sin worthy of death. This is no different from the case where a man rises up against his neighbor and murders him.
22:27 After all, [the man] attacked her in the field, and even if the betrothed girl had screamed out, there would have been no one to come to her aid.

The Unmarried Girl
22:28 If a man encounters a virgin girl who is not betrothed and is caught raping her,
22:29 then the rapist must give the girl's father 50 [shekels] of silver. He must then take the girl he violated as his wife, and he may not send her away as long as he lives.

Also there are even more bizzare rules;
Forbidden Combinations
22:10 Do not plow with an ox and donkey together.
22:11 Do not wear a forbidden mixture, where wool and linen are together [in a single garment]

My primary source,
My secondary (and more accurate) source.
dahomunculi
hence my name, I just love them all.. and I've commited them all except for Lust.

seriously, I'm pretty sure most of us here must've commited at least one. how many of us haven't commited Watch yet?
Sharingan Serpent
Well I've commited a couple

Wrath
Envy
and Lust

Shame the wrath is for my anger problem

I envy a couple of my friends and I have lust for somebody... sad.gif I'm an awful sinner...
Wrath V
Being honest... I don't know anything about what is written in the Bible; does that make me a worst sinner?
Popogeejo
I don't know anything about what is written in the Bible; does that make me a worst sinner?

Only if you belive in God...
Wrath V
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]435760[/snapback]

I don't know anything about what is written in the Bible; does that make me a worst sinner?

Only if you belive in God...

Oh, then... I'm done; see you at hell if you ever go. unsure.gif
alchemist x
anyone who said they didnt commit lust they have, thats a bunch of buuuuuuuuul crap >_< i commit wrath lust and sloth at the same time and actually gluttony too

>_< and im very pridefull
i am envyous of many people
=\ not that greedy though,
Chibi Alphonse Elric
Oh, yeah...I forgot about greed!

I am rather greedy.

HEY!! THIS IS MY POST!! GET OFF IT, YE EVIL ADMINS!!
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Chibi Alphonse Elric)
HEY!! THIS IS MY POST!! GET OFF IT, YE EVIL ADMINS!!

WTF?
Wrath V
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]435793[/snapback]

WTF?

Maybe a little advise
Fina
Hah. I've commited every sin except for lust. Envy, pride, wrath, avarice, sloth, and gluttony. Yup.
Avarice and wrath are the ones I commit most, sloth and pride next, then gluttony and envy. xP

Why does everyone capitalize the Seven Deadly Sins? Its quite annoying. >> They're not names, they're words. Common nouns, not proper nouns. Get it? ><
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Wrath V @ Aug 22 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]435804[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]435793[/snapback]

WTF?

Maybe a little advise

It's within an Admins rights to edit posts. Telling them not to in ALL CAPS won't help Chibi Alphonse.
Wrath V
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]435809[/snapback]

Maybe a little advise

It's within an Admins rights to edit posts. Telling them not to in ALL CAPS won't help Chibi Alphonse.

You are right, and I agree with YOU, and maybe other admins.... It's your job as Admins to make posts not to cruel....
InsaneFangirl
Wrath and Envy are the most common for me. A bit of Pride here and there.
Wrath V
I say that Wrath is one of the most common in all the whole world... if not... we would be in a pacific world, but you see it is quite the oposite of what we want... so I dare to say that Wrath is the humankind first SIN.
Fina
[spam]Guys, seriously... Stop capitalizing the sins. sleep.gif They're not names, they're common nouns. In FMA they're names, but they're not names in the sense that you're using them in.[/spam]
Wrath V
Well then: wrath, pride, greed, lust, sloth, envy and gluttony...

Now guys and girls, you all know; from now on, the sins are going to be simple nouns...

(Though it was pretty when we capitalized them) rolleyes.gif
Demon x
thats strange everybody really thinks its safe to tell your secrets here blink.gif
o well if your taiking about the sins commited in a lifetime then i i i i LU......
NEVER MIND dry.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(demon x @ Aug 23 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]435909[/snapback]

thats strange everybody really thinks its safe to tell your secrets here blink.gif
o well if your taiking about the sins commited in a lifetime then i i i i LU......
NEVER MIND dry.gif

Telling what Sins you've done is hardly a dangerous piece of info to give out, it's not like adress, credit card number or some such. Somebodies paranoid...
Wrath V
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]435912[/snapback]

Telling what Sins you've done is hardly a dangerous pice of info to give out, it's not like afress, credit card number or some such. Somebodies paranoid...

Never said that you must say when was your first time doing a sin nor specify it... but you can either say it or just say which one you did.
asunder
This topic sucks.
Ronaldo Rodregez
I try to every night before I go to bed. It helps me sleep.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Fina @ Aug 23 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]435904[/snapback]

[spam]Guys, seriously... Stop capitalizing the sins. sleep.gif They're not names, they're common nouns. In FMA they're names, but they're not names in the sense that you're using them in.[/spam]

Oh for the love of....they are the names of the sins (as in seven deadly, not FMA), and they are actions, so either is perfectly fine. How the heck would you use 'gluttony' in a scentence.

Anyway, I think many relationships are based on commiting these sins, as follows

Lust: you find someone you want, and its never love at first sight.
Envy: you are jealous of the people they are with as you are not one of them.
Greed: You get them, and you have moments you want them all to yourself
Pride: Go on, show off your amazing new partner
Wrath: You find each others faults, get mad, and either get over them or realise its not meant to be.
Gluttony: If you can't be a pig now and then around the person you love, you're miserable.
Sloth: you're together, you're happy, you don't have to fight to keep them, you can chill
Migchao
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 21 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]435533[/snapback]

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Aug 22 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]435527[/snapback]

What the hell? huh.gif What did I just do?

I just thought that Popogeejo was the last person to ever commit Lust. That's all.
Wrath V
I've got a question and I hope no one thinks that I am a stupid, but... Does "revenge" suits here in the Sin Area?
Chiyo
Well, you have to be angry with someone to carry out revenge, and revenge usually benefits yourself somehow...thats feeling wrath and greed.
Wrath V
So it is wrath and greed... well; thank you Chiyo.

I want revenge!

(Though I can get hurt too)
F.M.A.Freak of dragons
Evan in the state of now you can comit sins so for me lets see

lust

"revenge" as Wrath V sed

and Dragons thats all that i can rember
Popogeejo
Evan in the state of now you can comit sins

Wah? Do you mean;
Even now you can commit sins?

"revenge" as Wrath V sed

"Said" (Yes I'm aware I'm a hypocryt for correcting others spelling. Bite me tongue.gif .)

Also I'd point out to all; Revenge is not a sin in even if you count the Seven deadlies. Revenge is an act that can encompass "sins".

and Dragons thats all that i can rember

And you've lost me.
yoko0217
Except for Sloth, Lust and Glutonny...and it would be funny if a guy have done lust
Shadow Wulfe
I have committed all of them. I know that for a fact.
But, I am not one to judge myself, and therefore canot say which one I commit the most.
Wrath V
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 21 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]435533[/snapback]

There's too much to be fixed, I beg you not to use uneducated words, if you don't want to be edited...
@Void That's for you too!
darkinsanity13
let's see...
-Sloth (didn't go get a FMA wristband today because i was too lazy XD for i am the PROCRASTINATOR!) *one i do the most*
-Wrath (very easily annoyed, and i am violent smile.gif )
-Greed (money money money~....MONEY! i'm also a packrat; i keep everything, and it's more often for myself)
-Envy (on occasion, yes...)
-Gluttony (not usually...except for soda crackers and cream cheese, i can't stop eating those...and chocolate!)
-Pride (most likely...probably after i've beaten my brother in a video game (for once!))

i think Lust is the only one...but i could be wrong on a couple of them...XD whoo! i'm goin' to hell! and i really don't care for religion...or at least partaking in it, LEARNING about it however cool.gif i'm taking World Religions this year.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Wrath V @ Aug 25 2006, 03:40 AM) [snapback]436860[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Aug 21 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]435533[/snapback]

There's too much to be fixed, I beg you not to use uneducated words, if you don't want to be edited...
@Void That's for you too!

How retchedly sweet. true, Void has far to many problems to be "fixxed" as you put it but I don't think he'd be any fun if you "fixxed" him. Also he's one of those who does the Edits, hence the white bar under his Icon. Telling him off is like a Civilian trying to arrest [corrupt] Police officer who has full riot gear.
Wrath V
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 24 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]436865[/snapback]

How retchedly sweet. true, Void has far to many problems to be "fixxed" as you put it but I don't think he'd be any fun if you "fixxed" him. Also he's one of those who does the Edits, hence the white bar under his Icon. Telling him off is like a Civilian trying to arrest [corrupt] Police officer who has full riot gear.

You mean I exaggerated too much, and maybe it is true... I am done...
Am I going to die because of that? Well, I apologize... please don't hit me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.