Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Hayate Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Miyuki-chan
Any Black Hayate fans out here?.....I'm just curious though laugh.gif If you are then tell us why. If you ask me I am a fan of Black Hayate even though he only has a little role in the show because he's cute and fun to watch and I would also love him to be my pet for-evah!

And if he/she was my pet I would name him.....ummm.......uhhh......AHHHHHHHH!!! I can't think of any!!!! what blink.gif what about you guys? if Black Hayate was your pet what would you name him/her? tongue.gif
The Arachnid Alchemist
Allthough I am more of a catperson, I like Black Hayate. I named one of my tarantulas (Grammostola pulchra) after him.
Untitled
Who wouldnt be a fan of that cute dog? happy.gif
MeLRizA
I <3 Black Hayate!! I promised myself if I live alone, that's when I graduate and get a job, I'll get a pup husky who looks exactly like him.. X3
Sin Of Envy
Black Hayate is actually Shiba Inu [Wikipedia.com]
He's so cute and he looks like he's smilling somehow. And I'm sure Roy loves him very much...
RizaXRoy
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ Aug 21 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]435256[/snapback]

I <3 Black Hayate!! I promised myself if I live alone, that's when I graduate and get a job, I'll get a pup husky who looks exactly like him.. X3

Me too! laugh.gif..but it's hard to find such a cute dog in my hometown!.. ohmy.gif ..Not sure the name yet ! I must find a special name for my cute dog!
Lust19
I love that military dog as he's so cuuuuute! Black Hayate is such an adorable military pup ^^
N. Havoc J.
Den is the queen of all the Hageren dogs.
Untitled
>.< I hope my dog wont die.. She's so adorable! Oh and what breed is Black Hayate anyways? I mean close to what breed?
paca
I didn't know that he was a Shiba Inu huh.gif
IPB Image
hayate !!XD
Untitled
.. I like it better anime style! My dog smells like... Dog..
nataliel
Hi, Hayate-fans!
I always wanted to know, what does the word "hayate" mean?
Or it`s really name?
Annelili
QUOTE(nataliel @ Aug 29 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]438662[/snapback]

Hi, Hayate-fans!
Or it`s really name?
hayate means hurricane biggrin.gif lol and i have a siberian husky ♥ it kinda looks like black hayate xD well anyway huskies are awesome. i didnt know shiba inus could be black/white though blink.gif
nataliel
small and cute hurricane, that leaves puddles!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Annelili @ Aug 29 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]438730[/snapback]
QUOTE(nataliel @ Aug 29 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]438662[/snapback]
Or it`s really name?
hayate means hurricane
But only in FMA fan universe. biggrin.gif
I wrote a whole thing about this long time ago, but can't find the thread.

Yes, I know there are some FMA fans believing hayate means hurricane in Japanese, but, the fact is a fact: Hayate does NOT mean hurricane in Japanese. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. rolleyes.gif

In Japanese, "hayate" means "gail wind" and to be more precise, the word is mainly expressing "fast and speedy" nature of the wind. ("Hayate" is also a name of a bullet train express service in Japan, a name of Japanese WWII fighter airplane, and a name of WWII Japanaese war ship, among other things.) But, "hayate" is NEVER used as the Japanese word for hurricane. Not even in a remote sense.) sleep.gif

So, yeah, to me, it's ok if some Black Hayate fans want to see it as hurricane, but please remember that hayate may mean hurricane in FMA fan-world, but NOT in Japanese language.

(BTW, I still think we could have talked about this on FMA dogs thread. biggrin.gif )
Amethyst Sunset
Black Hayate is cute. And he's funny, especially in episodes 13 and 37. Plus, the relationship between him, Riza, and possibly Roy as well is a really nice bond.

Who wouldn't love Black Hayate? wink.gif
nataliel
QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Aug 31 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]439422[/snapback]

Alphonse`s kitties maybe?
laugh.gif
Amethyst Sunset
QUOTE(nataliel @ Sep 1 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]439796[/snapback]

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Aug 31 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]439422[/snapback]

Alphonse`s kitties maybe?
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, in Fullmetal vs. Flame, there was a scene where Ed and Al arrive and see Fuery with Black Hayate, and the kitten was still inside Al's armor... laugh.gif
the flaming moon alcemist
QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 29 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]438548[/snapback]

>.< I hope my dog wont die.. She's so adorable! Oh and what breed is Black Hayate anyways? I mean close to what breed?

... dry.gif right anyway i don't think black hayate dog's a real breed so good luck finding one dry.gif
slayeralchemist
Black Hayate is the cutest thing ever!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
N.C. StormEye
Hayate's probably a mutt since Shiba Inus are really temperamental and so are huskies. Our Hayate's a lovable mutt...and such a CUUUUUTIE too in Episode 13. biggrin.gif Adorable I tell you. Especially when he first appears and he looks up at everyone.

The only part that disturbs me concerning Black Hayate is when Roy starts singing about him. That scares and amuses me at the same time. I love dogs and all but I wouldn't manifest manic behavior because of them!
musical alchemist
Love the Black Hayate. I'm thinking of naming a pup of a "hayate" respect. Of course, I want a goose named "Mavrick" (Top Gun fans will get it), then a duck named "Goose," then there's like cat and dogs and a horse running around there somewhere.... happy.gif I think I'm the next Betty White
ehxhfdl14
Black Hayate is actually Shiba Inu [Wikipedia.com]He's so cute and he looks like he's smilling somehow. And I'm sure Roy loves him very much...

Actually, in The Perfect Guide 1, it says Braha is probably a mutt, even though people think he's a shiba inu or a husky.
Love the Black Hayate. I'm thinking of naming a pup of a "hayate" respect. Of course, I want a goose named "Mavrick" (Top Gun fans will get it)

lol I got that!
ika07
I love hayate!! <33

I really want a cute dog like him, but sadly I can't have a dog right now..
But I think i'm gonna get a dog like him when I graduate. ^^
Chibi_Girl29
yes ! and no !well maybe just black but not with hayate
Alchemical
I love Black Hayate. He's my favorite dog in the FMA world.

I have a cat (random stray I picked up a few years ago) that is expecting kittens soon, and I am hoping at least one kitten will take after her. She's jet black except for her belly, paws, and face. She reminds me of a feline-Hayate! If one of the kittens take after her, I am definitely naming it Black Hayate.
Evileo
Black Hayate is adorable! I have a cat, it's black excludes one small white spot on collar. I think the name "Black Hayate" would suit her inspite of it's like male name. Unfortunately, I saw FMA after I had named my pet. I gave her name "Vasilisa". Is it beutiful what do you think?
IamSloth
I love Hayate!!! Well, my sister actually loves him more, but then, she loves all dogs. If I a) had a dog and b ) my father(who HATES anime) wouldn't ask questions I'd love to get a dog and name it Hayate. Of course i'd laugh every time i called him!!!
ika07
QUOTE(Evileo @ Jul 20 2007, 01:47 AM) *
Black Hayate is adorable! I have a cat, it's black excludes one small white spot on collar. I think the name "Black Hayate" would suit her inspite of it's like male name. Unfortunately, I saw FMA after I had named my pet. I gave her name "Vasilisa". Is it beutiful what do you think?

It's a pretty name! biggrin.gif Does it have any meaning? For some reason, that name makes me think of France. This is probably unrelated, but the way the name is spelled makes me think of "Versailles" and think of the beautiful palace. huh.gif Or maybe I just have a weird way of thinking. tongue.gif
Evileo
About "Vasilisa"... This name came from Greek. It means "czar-like" or "queen". My cat is named after main heroine of old russian fairy-tale "Vasilisa The Beautiful". smile.gif So you were close to the truth 'coz "queen" is related with "palace" smile.gif
Anne Packrat
Do I love Black Hayate? Hmmm... Considering I've actually made a costume of him then I think the answer would be yes. ^^

And I'll likely name a rat Hayate one day. I've named them after weirder things.
Crystal Hughes
Right now I have a German Sheperd mix. But if I were to get another dog, I would
name it Black Hayate. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.