Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
Rainshine
Welcome Ashley! ^^ Welcome to the board. c: I hope you like it here.
Chizakura
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board. I don't know how often I'll post (I usually just lurk on forums), but I thought I'd say hi anyway. =) So... hi!

My favorite FMA characters are Ed and Hughes. I haven't read much and I haven't watched much, but I really like it so far. I first heard of FMA a gazillion years ago and was interested in it, but I just never actually tried it out until recently.

My username comes from Arina Tanemura's latest series, Sakura Hime Kaden. (It's the name of Sakura's sword) Except for the odd series (I think around ... 5?) I don't like anime at all, but I really love manga a lot. My favorites are Arina Tanemura's works, multiple works from CLAMP, Spiral, and many others. FMA too, of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be here, hehe.
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, ashley676 and Chizakura! I'm glad you both decided to join us. happy.gif
sarahbn
Hi, I'm totally new to FMA. Literally a week ago I had never seen it and now I am utterly in love with it and have watched all the FMA-1 series, half of Brotherhood, and tonight I'm watching CoS. I'm not usually a total fangirl about anything. I'm a mother of 4, and my oldest daughter is old enough that I'd think about sending her on a blind date with Ed or Alphonse! (she has a crush on Ed) But I had to hang a picture of Ed and Al by the sink so that I would leave the TV long enough to do dishes! FMA is just one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, on so many different levels that I can't even explain it. I'm watching it mostly as therapy. The last 5 years of my life have been awful, I had to sacrifice a lot-- not an arm and a leg, I wish, that would have been easier-- but things are looking up now and I'm able to start processing everything that happened, and FMA is helping me in a way that I don't understand but sure can appreciate. If I had to guess at what it's doing for me, I'd guess that it's validating all the sacrifices I made, and telling me that it's OK, I did the right thing.

My brother is engaged to a Japanese girl and we are meeting her for the first time in about 2 weeks. She speaks some English but not very well, so I thought I might learn some useful Japanese phrases. My family hosted Japanese exchange students when I was younger and they taught me some stuff, but I've forgotten it (except most of the lyrics to a pop song, one of them brought a tape of it with her and gave me a copy because I really liked it). I remember they were really big on politeness, and though politeness has never been my strong suit, I want to make sure I'm not totally rude. All I really know is "sushi," "sayonara," and "hagane no renkinjutsushi," none of which would really be useful for the occasion unless she happens to be a FMA fan too. smile.gif So if anybody could give me a few phrases that might be helpful in welcoming Yuko into the family, or some guidance as to what to avoid doing, I'd be much obliged.
jacksparrow589
sarahbn--Welcome to the board! We're glad you're here! FMA really is an absolutely beautiful, amazing series, and I'm glad it's been able to help you! (It's good for that--it helped me understand who I am a bit more.)

Unfortunately, I speak far less Japanese than I understand as a direct result of watching so much anime, but I know there are several board members who speak/read/write it, and there are a lot of useful basic phrase sites out there, like omniglot. (The link is to "Useful Japanese Phrases", and from what I can tell, looks pretty accurate.)

I hope you enjoy the time you spend here! smile.gif

Chizakura--I started out here lurking, too. But certainly jump in if/when you find a discussion that suits your fancy!

ashley676--Welcome!
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, sarahbn! It's great that you've discovered FMA --you're right, it is one of the most beautiful series! I'm really, really glad you could join us! happy.gif
Tombow
ashley676, Chizakura, and sarahbn, WELCOME to our board!
Glad you decided to join us! Hope you enjoy being on our board! smile.gif

@ashley676 - Welcome! If not done so yet, be sure to check out our Royai thread! I think you may like it there. biggrin.gif

@Chizakura - I usually lurk, too. But, posting is fun, and we don't "pull ranks" on our board; please jump in and join the discussions. biggrin.gif

@sarahbn - Welcome to our board! It's very nice to have a mom who likes FMA! smile.gif I put together a few words that may come in handy in your conversation with Yuko-san, and posted them here (click me). laugh.gif If you'd like to know any particular words or phrases in Japanese, please post there and ask us, and we'll try our best to help out. ^^

---

@xScarlet - I'm glad to hear that! biggrin.gif You're lucky you got a very understanding mom! ^^
Rainshine
Welcome to the board, sarahbn!
I agree, Fullmetal Alchemist is very beautiful. I very rarely obsess over things on quite this level, but Fullmetal Alchemist has really touched me. I hope you like it here, and don't be afraid to jump in any of the discussions; we don't bite. tongue.gif
I'm afraid I don't know any Japanese, other than "sushi" "konnichiwa" and "inu." But, the link that Tombow posted is pretty useful. c: Japanese is one of those languages that I think would be kind of cool to know, but I haven't gotten around to learning any of it yet.
Lucky Lucy
Ummm...Hi! My name is Lucy biggrin.gif I'm new here...but it surely is obvious.
I'm 15 and I'm a high school freshman. I might be considered an otaku...maybe because I'm always running around in a Japanese high school uniform...or maybe because I managed to buy a "state alchemist" watch and I'm kind of obsessed with it. laugh.gif
FMA is my favorite anime/manga. I kind of like the second series better, but I've enjoyed the first one a lot too! I haven't read all the manga...yet! biggrin.gif Anyways, I think that I've learned quite a lot from just watching these series.
I also know Japanese, but I'm still learning of course biggrin.gif I have a "Certificate of Proficiency" (N3) which means I passed the JLPT (N3).
I don't know what else to say, except that I like flowers a lot! laugh.gif
Anyways I'm glad I found this site, and all these people who share the same hobbies, passions and such, even tough everyone is different in so many ways it's great that we can have so many things in common, that we can talk about!
Tombow
WELCOME to our board, Lucky Lucy!! Glad you found us! biggrin.gif

I took care of your "extra" posts. And, please don't worry... I'm a klutz myself, and I sure understand! laugh.gif

Hope to see you around the board! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, Lucky Lucy! I'm glad you could join us. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you're stuck with anything. happy.gif
Pyroclasm
Welcome ashley676, Chizakura, sarahbn, and Lucky Lucy! I hope you all enjoy yourselves here!
caerulcis
Welcome to the forum Lucky Lucy.
EdokunEdo
Welcome all the newbies biggrin.gif
DarkMessenger
Hello guys~ Just signed up a few minutes ago. (:
First of, I'm from Germany, so it is to be expected that my English is not quite perfect. Sorry for that in advance D:
Well, as I said, I'm from Germany, 16 years old and go to a...a...well yeah, a Gymnasium. But not the sports hall xD It's...yeah. Kind of the best secondary school (I hope that's the right expression) here in Germany.
Yeah...I watched FMA and Brotherhood in one and a half weak because I couldn't stop watching it (maybe that's why I didn't have enough time to learn for my tests in maths and german sleep.gif). I even got a state alchemist watch and I love it! I guess I'm a slight "FMA-Otaku", but that's okay.
Ehm...yeah. I love both FMA-series, although - in my opinion - Brotherhood is a lot better. The plot of the 2003-series really got kind of illogical near the end and...yeah. The movie. For me, it wasn't a much better end than the series were, so I chose to ignore it for the sake of the story, but still liked to watch it.
Brotherhood is just...awesome. I couldn't stop watching over and over (I even overslept(?) one day because I watched half of the night without knowing it xD).

Well, hm. Nothing else to say, I guess.
A Pierrot's Aria
I'm glad you could join us, DarkMessenger! A huge welcome to the board-- If you need any help with anything, please ask.

And don't put yourself down, your English seems to be great! biggrin.gif
caerulcis
Welcome to the board DarkMessenger.
I hope you have a great time here.
sarahbn
Welcome DarkMessenger! Your English is very good, you'll do fine!
kazare
Hey, A warm welcome to all the new members smile.gif Hope you will have a very great time,,, biggrin.gif
Pyroclasm
Welcome, DarkMessenger! I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Yin
Hey!
Yin here. I recently started to watch FMA and fell in love it. Found this board and decided to join!
See you all around happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Hey there, Yin! It's always good to see new people getting into FMA. I hope you enjoy it here --welcome!

If you have any questions, please ask! happy.gif
xScarlet
QUOTE (Yin @ Apr 23 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Hey!
Yin here. I recently started to watch FMA and fell in love it. Found this board and decided to join!
See you all around happy.gif

Ahaha
Same proccess as mine xD
Anyways, WELCOME biggrin.gif
Pyroclasm
Welcome, Yin! Please enjoy yourself here! smile.gif
Tombow
Welcome, DarkMessenger and Yin!

LadyNorbert
I've been peeking in here unregistered on occasion, and today I decided to become a regular member! (Partly due to my friendship with IAmJelly.) I love FMA, it makes me incredibly happy, so I'm glad to be among people who understand. smile.gif
sarahbn
Welcome LadyNorbert! FMA makes me incredibly happy too, it is my drug of choice! XD
Tombow
Welcome to our board, LadyNorbert!

Yes, we love to talk about FMA (and more ^^), and glad you decided to join us! biggrin.gif
caerulcis
Welcome to the forum Yin and LadyNorbert.
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome, LadyNorbert! I'm glad you decided to join us! happy.gif
Princess of Xing
Hi! I'm new here as well. My name's obviously Princess of Xing, and my favourite character is who? Mei, of course ^^

Umm... what else should I add here... I love writing FMA fics and I prefer the first series rather than the second, because the plot is just interesting. And my least favourite character is Gluttony happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, Princess of Xing! I hope you enjoy it here!
caerulcis
Welcome to the forum Princess of Xing.
Pyroclasm
Welcome, LadyNorbert, and Princess of Xing! I hope you enjoy yourselves here!
Hawkeye Shouii
- Hello. Exactly. -

Hello there! I'm new. Thought I'd make that obscenely obviously by making a whole new topic aboot it. How's it going?
A Pierrot's Aria
Hello, Hawkeye Shouii, and welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy it here. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Although, we do have a Newcomer's Thread where new members can introduce themselves. So if people would like to welcome Hawkeye Shouii here for the time being, this thread will be merged with the Newcomer's Thread shortly. happy.gif

ETA: 6/5/11 Topic merged with Newcomer's thread.
eccentric_intellectual
Whats up people. I began watching FMA when it was first being shown on Adult Swim. Recently I finished watching the original series and am now watching FMA Brotherhood. Very cool show. What else is there to say. Interesting philosophical and sci-fi aspects. Interesting and complex characters.

So yea. I wish this place had a chatroom. lol.
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, eccentric_intellectual! I'm glad you could join us! If you need any help, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to assist! happy.gif
Tombow
Welcome to our board, Hawkeye Shouii, Princess of Xing, and eccentric_intellectual!

Pyroclasm
Hello Hawkeye Shouii and eccentric_intellectual, welcome! Hope you enjoy yourselves here!
Jankat
Hello there, I am obviusly Jankat, and I am going to try not to be a noob :33
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, Jankat! I hope you enjoy it here --I'm glad you decided to join us! happy.gif
Tombow
Welcome, Jankat! Hope you enjoy our board! biggrin.gif

A Pierrot's Aria
I just wanted to make a post in this thread concerning the new Newbie Q&A thread! If you're a newcomer and you have any questions/need help or advice concerning the board, please feel free to ask your questions there and our mentors or myself will get back to you ASAP! biggrin.gif
Rainshine
Welcome all new friends! biggrin.gif It's great to have you here. I hope you like it here. C:
And yes, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to post them in the new Q&A thread! We'd be happy to answer them.
Schnabeltier
Hi! Thought I'd at least drop by since I really am a newcomer though... it's not my first post. You guys seem really organized with the Q&A Threads. It's very helpful since I haven't really used forums for over five years. laugh.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
A belated to welcome to the forum, Schnabeltier! I'm glad you've decided to start posting. biggrin.gif
Schnabeltier
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 30 2011, 01:34 AM) *
A belated to welcome to the forum, Schnabeltier! I'm glad you've decided to start posting. biggrin.gif

Oh no, I mean forums in general. I've actually never been here before today, oddly enough, but thank you for the warm welcome happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
^I say belated because of your join date. wink.gif But yes, I hope you can stick around!! biggrin.gif Don't worry about not having been active on forums (in general) in quite a few years. If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask at the Q&A thread, and we'll get back to you ASAP! And yeah, we're sticklers for organisation here. ;D
Tombow
Welcome to our board, Schnabeltier!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.