Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
Ulfhade
Oh, I see! I had completely missed that thread!

Thank you so very much for helping me! ^^ I really appreciate it!
Tombow
^ You're welcome! biggrin.gif If you get more questions while becoming familiar with our board, please feel free to post here anytime, and we'll try to help with your questions. ^^
Ulfhade
Okay, I will. Thank you for putting up with my questions! I cannot think of anything else that I have as a query at the moment, but I know where to look if I do.

Thank you again for your guidance. This place looks really fun, and you're all so nice. I should have gotten an account sooner! ^^;
Wrathistmeinhomeboi
Hey I'm, Wrathistmeinhomeboi.

A few years ago, I used to come on here with the name Edwardhellion. a few things happened that I don't feel like discussing and I haven't been able to come back here until now. So yeah, I'm back. happy.gif
Wynter Myth
welcome back then? ^^
Tombow
@Wrathistmeinhomeboi - Welcome back! Glad you decided to come back! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ulfhade @ Dec 28 2009, 04:36 AM) *
...This place looks really fun, and you're all so nice. I should have gotten an account sooner! ^^;

@Ulfhade - Glad you are with us now, and hope to see you around the board! happy.gif
Luty Elric
Hi!
I'm Luty Elric, and I think I'm the newest person here =D
I hope I'm finding friends soon XD

See you later!
Rainshine
Luty Elric: Welcome to the board! happy.gif Be sure to post lots, so we can get to know you! biggrin.gif
Cpt.Panda
Hello thar! >w<
my name is Mia, I'm 13 and Captain of the Panda Pirate's!

I love FMA x3 finished the first anime and on chpt.102 of the manga. ;3
Kisara
Hello Mia.
Welcome to our board. Hope u have fun here smile.gif
evel
Heeeello people \O/. I'm Sanna, 15-years old girl from finland. Hum humm. And yeeeah I'm very much new here XD
Tombow
Hello, Luty Elric and Cpt.Panda and evel, WELCOME to our board!
Nice to meet you!! Hope you'll all have a great time on our board!! biggrin.gif

--

@Rain-Alchemist and Kisara - Nice welcome posts! Please post more. ^^
MsLinn
Hello!
I'm a 18 year old FMA-fan from Sweden.
I was getting curious what was behind all the "You must be logged in to visit...", so I joined! I didn't really understand that there was a forum you could check out even if you weren't a member...
Sorry in advance for all misspellings and grammar mistakes I will do, and I hope to find people to discuss things with!
I think I will also upload some fanart!

See ya!
esk
hello people!
I'm a newbie, here, but i've been lurking on your spoiler thread for several months. blush.gif This forum is amazing, but english is not my mother language (I'm italian, pasta & pizza and blahblahblah XD) so probably I'll be quite silent, at first. My name is Alice and I'm a university student.

Obviously I'm a FMA fan. My favourite FMA character is Olivier Milla Armstrong. She will rule the world! XD
My favourite manga/anime are Black Lagoon, Gintama, Beck... etc.
Ah, and I'm an Harry Potter fan.

See you cool.gif

Sorry in advance for all misspellings and grammar mistakes I will do

Me too. ph34r.gif
Tombow
Hello MsLinn from Sweden, and esk from Italy, nice to meet you!! ^^
WELCOME to our board!! Glad you decided to join us!!
Please don't worry about speaking "perfect" English! We have members from all around the world, and many of them are non-native English speaking members, and even for U.S. members, many of us do not speak perfect English. I, for one, is awful with my spelling and grammar. Xp I think you two speak better English than many of us. XD We have tons of discussion threads for FMA manga, FMA anime, FMA characters, FMA music, etc., etc. (and some other non-FMA discussions also!! ^^) Hope to see many of your posts around the board! biggrin.gif
Oh, and, if you get any "new member" kind of questions about posting on our board, please feel free to post it here, and we'll try to help with your questions. Hope to see you all around the board! ^^
MissPodoodle
Hello! I'm new here, though I've been checking out the site for a while and deciding whether or not to join (I was a bit nervous about it >.>)
I'm 17 and I'm from the UK
I got really into FMA just a few months ago and I got hooked. XD
Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all ^^
Tombow
Hello MissPodoodle in UK, WELCOME to our board! Glad you decided to join us!
Please don't feel shy to join our discussions! We are just a bunch of FMA fans (and fans of other manga/anime, etc. ^^) Please feel free to jump right into any of our FMA discussion threads and other discussion threads, and add your posts on the topics! biggrin.gif
he03
Hi all, just another fan of FMA here. Greetings from the land Down Under. laugh.gif

I'm mostly a lurker, content to read what other's think. Just got into FMA last year and I'm really impressed with the story, the characters and Ms. Arakawa's drawing style. My favourite character is King Bradley; I'm intrigued by duality he represents of Homunculus/human as well as the strange family dynamic he has with his wife and Selim.

Been a manga nut for yonks now, I'm particularly interested the seinen genre. I also find science, forensics, medical examiniation and laboratory coats very interesting (lmao, nerd). Feel free to PM or friend me, I'd be happy to share some manga reccs, squee over characters, talk about science or just chat about whatever.

Pleased to meet you all! biggrin.gif
Gama
Name: Joe Marsland
School: college
drink/smoke: no and yes...
About me: I love Fullmetal alchemist ;D otherwise why would I be here? I love peircings/ tattoos also love hardcore music and like to talk thats about it xP
paramore_addict
I am paramore_addict new guys, hope you can guide me to this site. . .

I really like any kind of good anime and manga esp. fullmetal alchemist.

beastPlushi
Hello FMA-forum.
I am new here. I stumbled across this while in search for a nice community for FMA fans. I'm not hardcore, but I do geek out to a good episode at times. I have, in the past, worked with fan-subbing groups, but not as a translator, I am sorry. (If I were a translator, I would be a one-man fan-subbing machine lol)

If anyone asks, I'm a Hughes-x-Lust fan, clearly I have problems.

Aside from that, I've only been here a day and I've already been warned for breaking a rule that isn't in the forums rule book. I should know, I actually read it. I guess I just rub people the wrong way, but I hope in the end we can all get along.

biggrin.gif
KrakenEater
...hi.

I don't really intend to post much (yay for lurking!), but I figured I'd introduce myself here. I first watched FMA four(ish) years ago, and my interest was renewed recently by FMA:BH. Since then, I've read (and reread) the manga and learned a lot more about the series. For the past few months, I've been waiting for the new episodes and chapters like the rest of you.

I mostly hang out on Guitar Hero/Rock Band forums, a game which I'm quite good at. Just wondering, but is there a guide to the site bbcode around here somewhere? I know most of the stuff is the same on this forum (bold, italics, etc.) but what about stuff like strike-out, fonts, etc? Thanks.

[edit] Cool, thanks Tombow.
Tombow
Hello everyone, welcome to our board!

@KrakenEater - For the BB Code help, when you are composing your post, look at the Bottom Right corner of the post composing box, and click on BB Code Help, and it shows you most of the frequently used BB Codes for our board.
And, to change the Font, one easy way is... while composing your post, highlight the area you would like to change to a certain font, then on the Upper Left side of the reply composing Box, there is a Fonts drop down menu with the samples of how each font looks like. Just choose the font you would like to use, and click on it, and then the area you had highlighted would be changed to that font. Similarly, right next to Fonts drop down menu is Font Size drop down menu, and right next to it with the letter A is the Font Color Sample drop down menu, and you can use those by highlighting the area and then go to the drop down menu, choose from samples, and click on the one you chose. biggrin.gif
The Copycat Alchemist
"Alrighty... Hi, I'm Kaiya.. I like to draw, sing, and wrestle with friends. xD
fullchin
Im 19 and im from China
wink.gif now in university
kazare
I wanted to Welcome @ KaraMiel and @kikuchan_xx feel free to post here and do whatever you want. . . .
Tombow
Hello The Copycat Alchemist and fullchin, welcome to our board! biggrin.gif
Hope you'll enjoy posting on our board! ^^

--------------------------

QUOTE (kazare @ Feb 4 2010, 03:48 AM) *
I wanted to Welcome @ KaraMiel and @kikuchan_xx feel free to post here and do whatever you want. . . .

@kazare - Hmmm... that does not sound quite right, in my opinion, and I hope that was just some composition mistake, because, as you know, we can not do "whatever we want" on our board. XD
ESPECIALLY, we should all AVOID making duplicate threads. I already gave the following advise on this to kikuchan xx on her closed thread, but in case she might miss it, I'm going to repeat that here again for KaraMiel and kikuchan_xx: (By the way, welcome to our board! biggrin.gif )

..... I think, one of the BEST advice we can give (in my opinion) to newly registered members to avoid getting into "newbie" trouble on our board is .... NOT to OPEN new threads for the next few weeks, or longer, till getting to know our board well and learn how to search or check for the existing threads in our forums, because... on our board, opening duplicate threads are a BIG no-no, something we ask our members to AVOID doing. And hence, during that period, we recommend concentrating on ADDING your posts to the existing threads while learning more about our board, instead of opening any thread without checking to see we already have existing thread with the same or similar discussion topic. This seems to work very well for many of our newly registered friends on our board. smile.gif
kikuchan xx
Hello everyone!
I am Kikuno from Philippines.
I really love mangas and animes! smile.gif
MsLinn
Ok, I can certainly NOT count as a newcomer anymore, but hey, I got to ask or else I will never know!
If you want a picture in your signature, do you HAVE to have it on the net /have an url? You can't take a picture from your computer like in your posts?
I know it says in the rules that you need an url, and you can't choose "attach pic" when you're editing your sig, but I'm the kind of person who needs it black on white, a 100% sure, straight answer!

Thank you!
Tombow
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Feb 5 2010, 11:50 AM) *
...If you want a picture in your signature, do you HAVE to have it on the net /have an url? You can't take a picture from your computer like in your posts?
I know it says in the rules that you need an url, and you can't choose "attach pic" when you're editing your sig, but I'm the kind of person who needs it black on white, a 100% sure, straight answer!....

@MsLinn - That is correct, there is no "attach pic" ( = uploading of a pic file to our site ) feature for our signature.
Therefore, if we like to have a pic image as our sig, we need to upload it to some other on-line pic hosting site and need to get the URL that way.

Assuming you already have your pic file on your computer that is ready to be used as your sig , you can use many of the pic-hosting sites such as TinyPic (if this site is accessible from your country) for this, and it's quite easy, IMO... just for the info, here is how....

Using TinyPic as an example, click on Browse..., find the file on your computer, click Open, click UPLOAD NOW!!, and then copy the one that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards", (then come back to our board and click on My Controls -> Edit Signature) and paste it on your sig composing window, then click Update my Signature at the bottom, and that should do it. ^^

* Please make sure the image is PG13, and if you use fanart by someone please give proper credit, and generally speaking, keep the whole sig size (including any image and text) to within 500 pix wide & 300 pix high. smile.gif
Disco Shrew
Well, Uh Hi!!!
I am a really big anime and Manga fan, Been reading manga since I could read.
Trobiejr
Hello everyone! As you can tell by my posting here, I'm new. I'm glad I found this site since no one I know really likes Fullmetal Alchemist. I just recently got into anime and manga, so I'm kinda new to it lol.
Katya Martin
Welcome to the board!
MeiXiTian
Hello, I'm Porcelain Mistress and I'm new here...biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome, Porcelain Mistress! Good to see you here! Heheh! =P
Tombow
Hello Disco Shrew & Trobiejr & Porcelain-Mistress, WELCOME to our board! Glad you decided to join us!
If you are an FMA fan, or a fan of other manga/anime, and looking for some place where you can talk among other FMA fans/fans of other manga/anime, you found the right place! ^^ We are just a bunch of FMA fans (and fans of other manga/anime, etc. ^^) who love to talk about FMA and other manga/anime and other stuff. Please don't be shy to add your posts! Please feel free to jump right into any of our FMA discussion threads and other discussion threads, and add your posts on the topics! biggrin.gif

Hope to see you around the board! smile.gif
hagane no brain
Hello, I'm Hagane no brain and I watch anime only occasionally. I quite like FMA though.. happy.gif
Tombow
Hello, hagane no brain, welcome to our board! biggrin.gif
Hope to see you around the board! ^^
saldon
~ New ~

hi everyone new here hope we can be good friends! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Hello there Saldon! A very warm welcome to the board!
Hope to see you around!!
shAdowKat008
Hi there, The names ShadowKat but you can call me Kat for short. I love FMA it will always be my favorite anime first next to Death note biggrin.gif Its great to be here i hope to make friends and enjoy the community more.
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the boards, Kat!
I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to seeing you around! : )
shAdowKat008
thanks i had a question though, sometimes when i go to edit things like my profile i get this error etc. whats that error mean?

i hope to be around more too. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Hello saldon and shAdowKat008, welcome to our board! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (shAdowKat008 @ Mar 3 2010, 01:14 PM) *
thanks i had a question though, sometimes when i go to edit things like my profile i get this error etc. whats that error mean?

i hope to be around more too. biggrin.gif

@shAdowKat008 - Could you describe what does the error message say? And exactly when does that occur? Editing which part of Profile? unsure.gif
The additional info would be helpful to figure out what is happening and why. Thanks!! ^^
shAdowKat008
sorry about that next time it happens ill post it if it happens smile.gif like i said i am a newbie lol rolleyes.gif
Tombow
^ @shAdowKat008 - No problem! Please take your time, and when you find out, please post it here or on Site Question thread (either one is fine ^^) and we'll try to figure out the situation then. biggrin.gif

ETA: Mar. 4, 2010 <Program Note>

@modernbled - I moved your post to Instant Messaging & Social Networking Addresses thread. smile.gif
Hypsidium
Hello everyone,

I am Hypsidium, from the US. I occasionally write fiction and take things too seriously. Fullmetal Alchemist has been a returning interest of mine for a few years now and as the story unfolds I find myself sucked deeper and deeper into it. I have lurked here for a few months now and only now convinced myself to register. I hope to be considerably less quiet in the future!
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the boards, Hypsidium! Hope you enjoy it here and hope to see you posting around! : )
caerulcis
Welcome to the forum Hypsidium.
ScarMySoul
Welcome to the board Hypsidium, shAdowKat008, saldon, hagane no brain!

Hope you enjoy everything we have to offer here! If there is any questions that arise please feel free to ask us and we'll see what we can do to help!

happy.gif

-Scar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.