Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board GreedA happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must read for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif! Can't use AddReply Button?
Tombow
GreedA and TOXIN13, welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
I'm glad you decide to start posting in our forums!!

Hope to see your posts on Greed and all your fav FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA anime in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!

@GreedA - We have threads for "DBZ," "Naruto," "Inuyasha," "Bleach," "Trinity Blood," "Ghost in the Shell," "Yu Yu Hakusho," "Case Closed," and much more in our General (as in, non-FMA) Anime froum, and General Manga forum, and much more!! You can find the list of links for your fav anime/manga threads on Anime threads directory and Manga thresds directory.

@TOXIN13 - To open a new topic, you go to the forum where it's appropriate for that topic, then click on NEWTOPIC button. Then you fill in Thread Title, and if you like, Thread sub-title also. Then you fill in the first post, and click on Post New Topic at the bottom of the page.
(But, currently, if you're using Internet Explorer you can't open a thread. Please read Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread for the explanation.)
Also, make sure to check around the forums before you open a new thread to see if there is already an existing thread for that same topic or for the similar discussions. If there is, then you are supposed to add your post to the existing thread, instead of opening another thread, no matter how old the thread is. If you add your post, the thread will come up to the top of page. smile.gif

Also, as mentioned by ~Edward~Elric~Fan~ and Twilightz, please make sure to visit:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all new comers) and The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!! And, in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread. It also has handy helpful posting guide!!

If you have any other questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope to see your posts around the board!! biggrin.gif
Shahzad
Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
Tombow
Hi Shahzad, welcome to the board!!
What kind of information are you looking for??
You can post your specific question here, and we'll try answering your question. smile.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome the board Shahzad happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif! Can't use AddReply Button?

-As Tombow said if you need help with something please post here, and we will try to help happy.gif!!
GreyWolf
My name is really none of any of your concerns but i guess i might as well introduce myself.
I am Grey Wolf Esmale.
pleasure to meet anyone who cares.
im not much of a people person and ill only speak to someone who speaks to me first
i did this cause im bored
so if anyone would like to talk
by all means im not stopping u
Tombow
Hi GreyWolf, welcome to our board!!
We have many fun and nice people who also care about their friends!!
Hope you'll get to meet many of them here!!
We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA forums. You can find the links to our various forums on discussion forums home page. Hope to see your posts in many of these forums!!

Also, please make sure to visit:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all new comers) and
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!!

And, in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread. It also has handy helpful posting guide!!

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!
Hope you'll have lots of fun on our board!! biggrin.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board GreyWolf happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [as Tombow posted above]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 30 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]548425[/snapback]
You can post your specific question here, and we'll try answering your question. smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
It's a frickin' spambot.

See, this is why we shouldn't have a welcoming committee.
Tombow
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ May 31 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]548897[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 30 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]548425[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif
It's a frickin' spambot.

@Abstruse Eulogy - I know. It was obvious, seeing his/her sig.
That's why I didn't go for my usual welcome post. That was extremely short for my posts here.
You may not notice, but usually my other welcome posts are far more accommodating.
But for this one, I basically just said "Please post your specific question here," knowing quite possibly he/she wouldn't. smile.gif

However, this is the "welcome" thread where new people will come to say "hi."
And, making posts such as "You frickin' spambot, DIE!!!!!" on this thread would disrupt the flow of the welcoming, but if I post something that would resemble my regular welcome post, it would suffice, and new people who would come here would not even notice there was a spambot, and we can go on with our usual welcoming business. smile.gif

QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ May 31 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]548897[/snapback]
we shouldn't have a welcoming committee.

Hope you are not saying this with a serious face. smile.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 31 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]548898[/snapback]

So instead of deleting the post and maybe banning the bot you just humoured it?

Well whatever, hello GreyWolf.
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ May 31 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]548906[/snapback]

@Popo - I would have gone "deleting the post and banning the bot" stuff, the second this bot poster would have changed his/her tune, and turned into the usual "bot" post. smile.gif
But, until then, I don't mind answering to his/her "hi" that was posted with a polite manner, with my polite answer post. IMO, it would be far more problematic if I start "killing" newcomers here based on my suspicions, like you are suggesting to do. I would rather wait till I have more concrete evidence, or in this case, him/her starts posting more "definitive" spambot posts.
Sharingan Serpent
Hello GreyWolf!! Welcome to the bored...please don't do anything like spam or being an Emo, or we'll have to shoot you laugh.gif (Jk)
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 31 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]548912[/snapback]
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ May 31 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]548906[/snapback]

@Popo - I would have gone "deleting the post and banning the bot" stuff, the second this bot poster would have changed his/her tune, and turned into the usual "bot" post. smile.gif

You have entirely too much faith in spambot kind rolleyes.gif

Why not just admit a f*!@-up?
Tombow
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ May 31 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]548914[/snapback]
You have entirely too much faith in spambot kind rolleyes.gif

Well, this spambot is gone, isn't it? He/she did not come back. So, it worked out, IMO. smile.gif
(And, if he/she didn't go away, and would come back with more "obvious" spambot posts, then I'd have killed him/her then and there, so either way this would have worked out, IMO.)

Personally, I won't turn into an Instant Executioner and terminate a new member who comes here and posting "hi" just because "I" think "he/she looks like an obvious sapmbot poster to me..."
Even when I get a strong suspicion, like I had for this poster, I feel I should wait for the concrete evidence before I exercise my fearsome Mod power that's entrusted with me, and terminate any member. In this case, I would rather wait for he/she to start making more "definitive" spambot posts before "killing" this new member. IMO, I think we can afford to wait that much.
And meantime, as I said, I will avoid making posts such as "You frickin' spambot, DIE!!!!!" on this thread, and rather, post something that would resemble my regular welcome post that would suffice, so that new people who would come here would not even notice, and we can go on with our usual welcoming business. That's how I do here, and I hope you guys don't mind. smile.gif

BTW, if you would like to discuss our responses and tactics to the spambots, maybe opening a thread in our Admin/staff forum, and continue this there, and we move this out of Newcomers thread? Please? smile.gif (And, Popo, thanks for your input. smile.gif )
Carnal Malefactor
It's gone because I banhammered it.

Please be a little more discriminating next time. dry.gif
Meleth
Hi everyone!

I'm Meleth from Finland and I'm 17 years old.
The first time I saw the anime was about four months ago. Since then I have watched the anime and read the manga. I just love it.
I hope I have great time in here and get new friends.

Meleth wink.gif
Zachelle
Welcome to the boards Meleth!! I see you've been active already unlike me at first happy.gif Hope you have a wonderful time here and happy postings! See ya around the boards!! smile.gif

Uhh, I'm not really part of the welcome wagon so there tongue.gif
Twilightz
Hi Meleth! Welcome to the board! biggrin.gif

Please read The Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum. They're pretty useful. ^^

And if you have problems with the ADDREPLY button check out the Can't Use Addreply Button? thread. ^^

Happy posting and enjoy our board! biggrin.gif
Amol
Hi Meleth , welcome to the board ! biggrin.gif

Twilightz , has explained the initial steps , so you should go thorough them first !

I'm sure you'll like to hang out here and get familiarized here soon !

have a good time and happy posting. biggrin.gif

If you have any questions feel free to post them here
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board Meleth from Finland happy.gif!! Its nice to see someone on the board is from there! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif! Oh, and if you would like to be my friend, or just talk PM me anytime smile.gif.Can't use AddReply Button?
Emily_BrokenAngel
Meleth
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!
Hope you make friends!! Please read the rules and have fun smile.gif
Hope you visit our site soon ok?
I suggest you to visit our gallery!
Specially the Graphic Altered Pictures... You will laugh till dead XD
Meleth
Thank's everyone! smile.gif
Mariel Dragon
Hey there! I am Mariel Dragon, I'm from Germany and 16 Years old. I watched the whole Anime in the last week and afterwards, I watched the movie. Now I searched for a fansite for FMA and ended up here. I hope, I fit in this community and make new friends.
Twilightz
Hello Mariel Dragon! Welcome to the board! biggrin.gif

First of all, be sure to read The Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum. If you have problems with the ADDREPLY button check this out. ^^

Happy posting and I hope you enjoy the site! biggrin.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board Mariel Dragon from Germany happy.gif!! Its cool you live there, cause my moms parents grew up in Germany so I am German too! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [as Twilightz posted above]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay!!
AnimeFantasy
Hey, I just joined yesterday. The name's Tsurashi (an alias, sorry XD) and I'm 16. Well I finished the anime probably last year and bought the special edition movie and watched it a few months ago. Now I'm beginning to read the manga. And also now I ended up here in this wonderful forum for an incredible series. ^^ It's a pleasure to meet everyone. =D
Elise Elric
Greetings AnimeFantasy(Tsurashi)! Welcome!
Ok, since you're new be sure to readThe Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum.

Now, if you're having any trouble with the ADDREPLY button, use
this To your own extent. But, in my opinion, FASTREPLY is better *smacked*

Once again, thanks for joining and Happy Posting! biggrin.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board AnimeFantasy happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Little Miss Fallen One
Well, hello there. My name is Little Miss Fallen One, or whatever else you wanna call me for short (I've had far too many udernames in the past few years to count), and I am a happy, healthy (erh...) and taken sixteen-year-old. Now, enough with the bio. I'm new here, and it looks like I'll be enjoying myself ^^ - hello, all =D
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board Little Miss Fallen One happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif! Oh, and I love your avatar, it makes me laugh laugh.gif. Can't use AddReply Button?
Emily_BrokenAngel
Mariel Dragon AnimeFantasy Little Miss Fallen One

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! Thanks for choosing it happy.gif
Hope you make lots of friends and please follow the links that my friends already gave you. I suggest you to visit our gallery and our Open Chat section, the other plots...

Also, you can read the FMA manga if you want, know about the FMA games and more more more!!

Well... see ya!!! laugh.gif
Night Shadow Alchemist
Hey im new to the forums smile.gif
Twilightz
Welcome to the board, Night Shadow Alchemist! biggrin.gif

First read The Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum. Be sure to read those, because they contain some useful information. ^^

And if you have problems with the ADDREPLY button, this should help you.

Happy posting and hope we see you around the board! biggrin.gif
Night Shadow Alchemist
kk, you dont need to worry about me being unruly. I know how to behave of forums smile.gif

thanks for the welcome
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board Night Shadow Alchemist happy.gif!! I see Twilightz has already told you what to read, and where to go for the AddReply button. So I hope you have fun posting, and uploading images!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif! Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay!
DraTigeLion
Well I'm fifteen and I watch mainly the anime that they show on Cartoon Network but I just signed up to this like 3 days ago so check me out, give me a few pointers, and stuff like that. Thanks: see you around!
Twilightz
Hello DraTigeLeon! biggrin.gif

Please read The Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum. Check this out if your ADDREPLY button isn't working. ^^

If you have any questions feel free to post them here. We'll be glad to answer. happy.gif

Happy posting and remember to check out our gallery! biggrin.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board DraTigeLeon happy.gif!! Please start off looking at the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [as Twilightz posted above]! After doing so have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay!
SwiftFeather
>=D

hey there, I am SwiftFeather and i promise i will be working hard to become a great and active member on this site! haha! I <33 forums -rolls eyes- blink.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board SwiftFeather happy.gif!! First off please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [<a must for all new members]. After doing so please have fun posting, and uploading images biggrin.gif!!

Ps: If you have any ?'s please ask me or one of the other board members wink.gif. Thanks for joining FMA forums, and enjoy your stay happy.gif! Oh, and I love your avi, Eds sooo cute biggrin.gif!!Can't use AddReply Button?
SwiftFeather
yes I can! but of all the forums i am in, i am used to using the quick reply -grins- thanks! You are a RoyXHawkeye fan I betcha! xD Actually, ME TOO!
Lady Dragoon
Hiya!

Welcome, and have fun here!

(Psst, there is a Roy/Riza thread in the character forum for FMA. biggrin.gif)
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Well that is good happy.gif!! Oh, and yep I am a RoyxRiza fan but the reason I have the avi, and pic in my sig is cause Royai day was yesterday [still haven't gotten around to changing them tongue.gif]. Your quite welcome! If you like to talk more please either PM me or leave a comment on my profile [otherwise we would be spamming in here]. Thanks biggrin.gif!!
suiryuu
Hi to all!
Iīm also new here, and being too an anime/manga fan (and a FMA fan too), I hope that we can talk here without any problems. And donīt worry about the rules; i have been in various forums and know how to behave myself happy.gif .
Twilightz
Hiya, suiryuu! Welcome to the board! biggrin.gif

Have you checked The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum? And the Can't Use ADDREPLY Button thread?

Happy posting! It's cool to get a new member to our FMA community! Hope we see you around the board! happy.gif
suiryuu
Thanks, and donīt worry. I have gotten used to using the quick reply button.
mecha
Hey, I'm new. Very new. To FMA and this site. It's kinda confusing. o.o

Uhm, so yeah I am newly introduced to Fullmetal and I'm only on episode 22. But about me.

I'm from the good 'ol Midwest USA. Yay.

I love anime, drawing, and music. And FMA!!!

:]
Ceveri
Oy. I don't really know if I'm considered 'new' or not but...

Yeah. I joined in 2005. I've been a Hagaren fan since 2004. I pretty much totally forgot I had signed up here and I didn't become active on this site until very recently. So... I'm new in an odd sense of the word?
Twilightz
Hi mecha! Welcome to the board! biggrin.gif

First read The Forum Rules and The Beginner's Guide To Forum Decorum. They're pretty important so be sure to read them. happy.gif

If you have troubles with the ADDREPLY button, check out the Can't Use ADDREPLY button thread. ^^

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. We'll try to help you. smile.gif

Happy posting and explore the site! Hope we see you around the board! biggrin.gif

Oh, and check out our gallery. happy.gif

@ Ceveri- That's a pretty good question. You haven't posted much, but you have signed up ages ago so... Yes and no, but I don't think that it's a big deal IF you are considered " new". It's not going to last long so don't worry about it. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.