Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
instantmirage
i am actually an old member *see my joined*,
its been a long time i have a hiatus from this forum.
so here i am, making the entrance one more time tongue.gif

hello to you all
Kenji
Hello instantmirage. Nice name you got there.

As starters,
BE sure to read as a guide-
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all newcomers) and
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum

This forum has many 'branches'
The FMA section is divided into two sections, FMA Anime Discussion forum and the FMA Manga Discussion forum

Non-FMA discussions will be held in General Anime and General Manga section respectively.

I'm pretty sure you have visited those sections before...

and in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread. But seriously...dump IE and start using Firefox instead... tongue.gif
instantmirage
QUOTE(Kenji @ Mar 29 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]523013[/snapback]
But seriously...dump IE and start using Firefox instead... tongue.gif

lol, thanks kenji, i am still familiar with this board, don't worry though
maybe there are some updates that i haven't notice...

i am using firefox though cool.gif
Kenji
Nice... ^.^

AAH...BTW...its advisable to change where you are From: happy.gif
instantmirage
QUOTE(Kenji @ Mar 29 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]523022[/snapback]
Nice... ^.^

AAH...BTW...its advisable to change where you are From: happy.gif

but I like in winry's bra laugh.gif
Kenji
OK...use it at your own risk... happy.gif
Amol
instantmirage , hi there ! biggrin.gif

Kenji's made a post there covering all thats really required !
Read the Rules and .....!
And be sure not to only read , but follow them too , dont violate them !

And I too like you location .... whats the weather out , sorry - in there !:P

Thats all .... and Happy posting ! biggrin.gif

If you happen to have a question relating the Board ask it here !
Kenji
QUOTE(Amol @ Mar 29 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]523029[/snapback]
If you happen to have a question relating the Board ask it here !

Well, it will be wiser to post at Question tread if there are any mind boggling queries... ^.^
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Why hello instantmirage, and welcome to the board! I hope you read the Rules and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum as my friends posted happy.gif. After that please have fun posting and uploading images wink.gif.

Ps: If you have any ?'s just ask me or one of the other board members, were very lucky to have you join biggrin.gif!
GraySource
Hello to everyone. I'm new here. Im really happy to have joined.

Had a hard time posting this with my browser. So I tried using Firefox. Atlast, it worked.

Kenji
WELCOME GraySource from Philippines!! Hello there!!
OK lets see...
nice, you posted your first post here!! laugh.gif

As starters,

For the Main course,
The FMA section is divided into two sections, FMA Anime Discussion forum and the FMA Manga Discussion forum

We held non-FMA related anime discussions such as Naruto, Death Note and Bleach in General Anime Section.

Non-FMA related manga discussions, are all held in General Manga Section.

For fun, you can check out the Spam Central for various games!

In case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread but since you started using Mozilla Firefox, that should be doing great.

In case you have any questions, fell free to ask and we will gladly help you... ^.^
sweety_pie
Welcome GraySource! smile.gif

Like Kenji said you should read The Rules. (A Must for all new members)

And about you not being able to make posts, were you using Internet Explorer? Using ADD REPLY does not work for IE, but using FAST REPLY does. Using Fire Fox does work for ADD REPLY though. So stick with FF and posting should always work. smile.gif

Anyways, have fun, make posts, and please ask of any questions you can think of. biggrin.gif
GraySource
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 31 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]523697[/snapback]
Welcome GraySource! smile.gif

Like Kenji said you should read The Rules. (A Must for all new members)

And about you not being able to make posts, were you using Internet Explorer? Using ADD REPLY does not work for IE, but using FAST REPLY does. Using Fire Fox does work for ADD REPLY though. So stick with FF and posting should always work. smile.gif

Anyways, have fun, make posts, and please ask of any questions you can think of. biggrin.gif

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I've read the rules and guidelines already. For sure I will follow them.

Yes, when I have some questions, I'll post them here.

Thanks again and more power.
smile.gif
sweety_pie
OH. You are welcome for the warm welcome. biggrin.gif

Uhh. Sorry I miss led you, but you should not post questions here, you should post any questions having to do with the board here, and questions about FmA here.
GraySource
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 31 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]523705[/snapback]
OH. You are welcome for the warm welcome. biggrin.gif

Uhh. Sorry I miss led you, but you should not post questions here, you should post any questions having to do with the board here, and questions about FmA here.

Oh, ok. No problem. Thanks.
Kenji
Or you can just PM me... I don't mind...
I am available most of the time... tongue.gif

-----
Thanks sweety for clearing that...I seem to forgotten about that too... =.=''
GraySource
QUOTE(Kenji @ Mar 31 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]523709[/snapback]
Or you can just PM me... I don't mind...
I am available most of the time... tongue.gif

-----
Thanks sweety for clearing that...I seem to forgotten about that too... =.=''

Ok. I will do that. Thanks Kenji. smile.gif
Naivete
I've been abandoning this thread too much- too many new members and they're probably already inactive. ;_;
Oh well, I'll just do the most recent.

Anyway, to GraySource, welcome to the forum. (I know, I'm really late ;_;)
And welcome back instantmirage! I hope you'll contribute to the forums happy.gif
Bleh, everyone already said the important stuff so I'll just say it again: Welcome and welcome back! happy.gif

Sorry for the late welcome. T.T
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome GraySource its nice to have you on the board happy.gif! Hope you read the Rules and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum. After that have fun posting and uploading images biggrin.gif.

If you have any ?'s just ask me or any of the other board members wink.gif.
Sunshine1029
Hey everyone! I'm new. That's about it haha. Sorry. I'm not quite sure what else to say.
Kenji
Hehehe... shy on your first time?
WELCOME aboard Sunshine1029!!

And in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread.

If you have any question, feel free to ask us at here. Our members on board will be happy to answer any questions you may come up with on posting on our board.

Oh yeah, BTW rules for signature is 500 pixels width and 300 pixels height (500x300). Your current signature is too wide [554x190] and started stretching the page. Please shrink it... ^.^
Naivete
Hey Sunshine1029! Don't worry about talking to us; we're generally nice happy.gif
Please read the rules that Kenji gave you. The second link he posted contains information on how to post quotes, codes, links and suchlike.
If you are using Internet Explorer, I'd recommend you switch to FireFox or some other browser since it makes posting on the forums waay easier.

Anyway, welcome to the boards! Hope you have a good time here and happy posting! biggrin.gif
GraySource
QUOTE(Sunshine1029 @ Apr 2 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]524282[/snapback]
Hey everyone! I'm new. That's about it haha. Sorry. I'm not quite sure what else to say.

I would like to welcome sunshine also. Even though I'm still new. biggrin.gif
Emily_BrokenAngel
GraySource and Sunshine1029
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! Hope you make friends!!
Make sure to read the rules and visit the other links that my friends already gave you happy.gif Visit our gallery too laugh.gif

Yay!! two more members... Again rolleyes.gif
Im happy n_n Its good to know that lots of people like FMA biggrin.gif

By the way, GraySource I love your signature!! Edo looks kawai!!
And Sunshine1029, I love you avatar!! Its hilarious XD hahaha
GraySource
QUOTE(Emily_BrokenAngel @ Apr 2 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]524501[/snapback]
By the way, GraySource I love your signature!! Edo looks kawai!!

Thanks. I liked the way Ed looked when he transmuted his hair black. So I made this one in black also.
Sherry
Hi !

Iīm sixteen (read almost seventeen) and I am also a new one happy.gif
ehxhfdl14
oh. I just found this, didn't say hi yet, so...Hi.
Soiltary_alchemist14
hey people just heard of this place *looks fun*
Kenji
HELLO sherry, ehxhfdl14 and Soiltary_alchemist14
WELCOME to the board!!

As starters,
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum.

The FMA section is divided into a few sections, mainly FMA Anime Discussion forum and the FMA Manga Discussion forum.

We also conduct discussions about non-FMA animes and mangas in General Anime section and General Manga section.

Music lovers can scroll the General Music and in the same time, you all can visit the Spam Central for interesting games.

In case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread.

Thats it for now, if you have any questions, feel free to post it at Question thread and our members will gladly help you out...
Happy posting and have fun! ^.^
sweety_pie
Welcome Sherry, ehxhfdl14, Soiltary_alchemist14!! biggrin.gif

Kenji pretty much covered it, I just want to say hi, and if any of you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
Or if you ever just want to chat, then I am all up for random chats. wink.gif
jstssc
Hi everyone. I just joined, but I've been here quite a few times before as a guest. I often looked to this discussion board when I had questions about the manga, which I really enjoy reading.

I've seldom posted on discussion boards, but this one kind of impressed me. The mods here seem to do a really excellent job of keeping order without being mean or unreasonable, and many of the members seem quite friendly and considerate.

I don't have an avatar yet, but I think I'll wait a few days to see if posting holds my interest before looking for one. Since I'm looking forward to Chapter 70 coming out soon, I'll probably be visiting this board a lot in the near future regardless of whether I post or not.

Kenji, thank you for posting those links to the rules. I've already used the ones you posted previously to read the Forum Rules and the Beginner's Guide, so you don't have to post them again for me.
Kenji
QUOTE(jstssc)
Hi everyone. I just joined, but I've been here quite a few times before as a guest. I often looked to this discussion board when I had questions about the manga, which I really enjoy reading.

I've seldom posted on discussion boards, but this one kind of impressed me. The mods here seem to do a really excellent job of keeping order without being mean or unreasonable, and many of the members seem quite friendly and considerate.

I don't have an avatar yet, but I think I'll wait a few days to see if posting holds my interest before looking for one. Since I'm looking forward to Chapter 70 coming out soon, I'll probably be visiting this board a lot in the near future regardless of whether I post or not.

Kenji, thank you for posting those links to the rules. I've already used the ones you posted previously to read the Forum Rules and the Beginner's Guide, so you don't have to post them

Hahaha...great... less work for me then... ^.^
Feel free and make yourself comfortable... ^.^

Vanni
Hello =) I'm come from Germany. I to here certainly probably feel. I cannot so well English XD. I find FA super biggrin.gif
Kenji
Hello Vanni from Germany!!
Welcome to FMA.com!
Hallo Vanni von Deutschland!!
Willkommen zu FMA.com!

Be sure to read as guide
Seien Sie sicher zu lesen
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all newcomers) (muss fur alle neulinge lesen)
and und

Have a nice day exploring around the forum...
Haben sie einen schonen tag erforschen herum das forum....
If you have any question please post at Question thread.
Wenn sie irgendeine frage bitte posten an hier haben.
Sorry for the bad German... XD
Erbarmlich fur das schlechte Deutsch... XD
GraySource
Hi to Sherry, ehxhfdl14, Soiltary_alchemist14, jstssc and Vanni.
Tombow
Wow, lots of new people!! happy.gif

But first... Welcome back, instantmirage!! Nice to see you again!! You can also post on Welcome back!! thread. happy.gif

And, now...
404~Error-Not Found! (a.k.a. Naminé) from Spain, kuzon234ray (a.k.a. Ray) from Ohio, LastExile (a.k.a. Josh) from Ontario, Canada, GraySource from Philippines, Sunshine1029, and Sherry, and ehxhfdl14, and Soiltary_alchemist14, and jstssc, and Vanni from Germany, WELCOME to our board!! biggrin.gif
Glad you all decided to join the board!! Nice to have you with us!!
Hope you all have wonderful time on the board!! happy.gif

@404~Error-Not Found! - We have a nice FMA Manga forum!! And, couple of regular posters there are happen to be from Spain!! We are currently discussing chapter 69, and waiting for chapter 70 to come out in Japan!! Hope you can join us there!! biggrin.gif
And, you can post in Spanish on Espaņol, Lo hablas? thread!!
And, we also have Bleach manga and Bleach Captain's Poll threads. ^^
Also, if you like reading manga, you might like to check out this awesome FMA doujin manga!! Reika, the author of that doujin is happen to be from Spain also!!
Also, could you post on FMA Broadcast in the world thread, and tell us about FMA broadcasting in your country?? biggrin.gif

@kuzon234ray - We already met in FMA manga forum, but this is my official welcome!! biggrin.gif

@LastExile - I see you are already making nice start in posting on our board!! Nice postings!! ^^

@GraySource - We have thread for Trigun, Naruto, Bleach, and many more anime!! You can check out for more anime threads on our Anime thread directory (scroll down to 7th post) courtesy of kenji!! ^^

@Sunshine1029 and jstssc and Sherry, I see you haven't posted much on our board yet..
We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA discussion forums on our board.
You can find the links to our various forums on discussion forums home page.

Hope to see your posts for Ed, Al, and all your fav FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!
Or, check out the info on the songs you heard on FMA in FMA Music forum!!

And, for your non-FMA anime/manga interests, we have General Manga and General Anime forums with threads on many of your favorite shows and manga also. biggrin.gif

BTW, jstssc, thank you for your nice compliment!! Glad you like our board so far!! happy.gif
And, if you ever decide that you would like to have a custom made sig, we have very talented sig makers who can make a sig for you!! Check out our Sig Shop Directory!!^^

@ehxhfdl14 - We already met on Royai thread, but this is my official welcome!! ^^

@Soiltary_alchemist14 - Check out our General Game forum also!! biggrin.gif

@Vanni - Nice to have German FMA fan with us!! Could you post on FMA Broadcast in the world thread, and tell us about FMA broadcasting in your country?? biggrin.gif

And, for everyone, as mentioned by others, please make sure to visit:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all new comers) and
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!!

Oh, and in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread.

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!
We are here to help you, and ready to answer your questions!!

Hope to see you around the board!! Happy postings!! biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@All our Welcome hosts - Awesome jobs everyone!! Very nice!! happy.gif
Thanks for keep making our new friends feel welcomed!!

@Kenji - Welcome post in German!! That's very impressive!! biggrin.gif

Oh, and about answering the questions from our new friends:
My opinion is that although they could post on our regular "site question" thread if they feel comfortable enough, while they are still newcomers and not familiar with posting on our board I would like to see us handling common questions from newcomers here also, on this thread.
IMO, since you guys are such nice welcome hosts, some of the newcomers might feel more comfortable asking questions here than posting on site question thread.
If you get some unusual or difficult question here, then please refer to the site question thread, and we'll handle that there, but most of the newcomer questions are usually common questions, and since you guys are some of nicest and most caring people on our board, I have full confidence that you guys are the best people to answer questions for our new friends. happy.gif
Emily_BrokenAngel
Vanni: Way to go!! You are from Germany! the umh... "country" of Ed!! XD
Yeah if you watch closer the serie and the movie you will see why!

Soiltary_alchemist14: Its fun! smile.gif Visit our graphic altered images gallery and you will see why XD really happy.gif

jstssc: Ok then ^-^ have fun!!

And for all the new members....
WELCOME TO THE SITE!! HAVE FUN!!
MAKE LOTS OF FRIENDS!!
Follow the links that my friends already gave you wink.gif
Visit our gallery and the different plots of our Open Chat section n_n
Kenji
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 3 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]524968[/snapback]
@Kenji - Welcome post in German!! That's very impressive!! biggrin.gif

That took me an hour... >.<
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Welcome to the board Vanni, Soiltary_alchemist14, ehxhfdl14, Sunshine1029, Jstssc, and Sherry happy.gif. As my other friends posted here, please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum biggrin.gif. When your done looking at that have fun posting and uploading images wink.gif!

Ps: If you have any ?'s ask me or one of the other board members here smile.gif!
Naivete
To Vanni, Soiltary_alchemist14, ehxhfdl14, Sunshine1029, Jstssc, and Sherry- welcome!! biggrin.gif
It seems like everyone has beaten me to posting the links (again) so I'll just back them up.
Please read the rules carefully- they are very important if you don't want to get into trouble. Also, the Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum contains help on posting to your full extent in the boards (like using quote boxes, image links and so on).

Please have fun on the forums and happy posting!! happy.gif

So many new members... I should come here more regularly.. laugh.gif
Sunshine1029
Haha. Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. happy.gif It's very nice.
xx-CelestiaL-xx
hey everyone! i'm new.. so i thought i'd make my first post here! =] this site is great! *thumbs up* to whoever made it! oh and FMA is the best!!! lol i think thats pretty obvious around here..! well anyway.. i live in australia
Kenji
WELCOME xx-CelestiaL-xx from Australia!

other members will guide you in detail shortly... ^.^

Enjoy yourself and happy posting. smile.gif
If you have any questions about this board, feel free to post it here and we will be glad to answer them for you...
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Hiya xx-CelestiaL-xx, welcome to the board happy.gif! Please read the Rules, and Beginners Guide to Forum Decorum [As Kenji posted above wink.gif]. After have fun posting and uploading pics biggrin.gif!

(Ps: If you have any ?'s, just ask me or the other board members smile.gif!)
Naivete
Another Australian member!! biggrin.gif Yaaaaay~
*ahem* Welcome to the boards xx-CelestiaL-xx!!!! biggrin.gif

Please read the forum rules since they are basically the life of this forum xD. Also, The Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum contains help on posting to your full extent in the boards (like using quote boxes, image links and so on).

All that aside, happy posting! biggrin.gif
Zachelle
oh, i didn't know there was a newcomers thread.. thanks for the heads up kenji! smile.gif

well anyway,
hi everyone!
actually I became a member a month-or so- ago, but i haven't posted until today, I really don't post much.. I've always just been a guest here and i enjoy reading your posts.. And also the people here are so nice, unlike those in other forums.. This site is really great! laugh.gif
Naivete
Hello Zachelle! Nice seeing on this thread smile.gif
I hope you've already read the rules and the Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum thread so I won't have to post them up. xD

It's nice to see you active in the forums! Happy posting! biggrin.gif

Should I post up my own intro? unsure.gif Despite being a 4 month old member xD
Kenji
Hi there Zachelle. Thanks for your compliment...
Its never too late to introduce yourself... ^.^ smile.gif

These are the link to The Forum Rules and
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum incase you haven't read them...

Always abide by the rules and happy posting... ^.^
Amol
Hi Zachelle, welcome the board biggrin.gif

Firstly As kenji mentioned you should read the Forum Rules and the The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum which are full of helpful tips for posting here , though you dont really post much but just in case you feel a need too , then please do !

Occasionally if you'd like , you can visit the Spam Central for some fun games and other activities... I'm sure you'll like it biggrin.gif

The General Discussion sub forum also offers many interesting topics to look into !

And as aways there is the
Full Metal Alchemist Discussion Subforums , where you can see the on going discussions of FMA... ! biggrin.gif

If you have any questions post them here... we'll see to it that we sort out you problem !

Happy Posting ! biggrin.gif
Zachelle
Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I just finished reading the rules and I really think I'm going to enjoy it here! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.