Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
sweety_pie
Welcome Martin4656!!

Please read the rules as the wonderful Kenji gave you. They are great for newcomers.

Have fun, and please ask any questions that you can think of.
p0-tah-t03z
uh... hi im jenny
and im from sydney australia and currently 14
not as obsessed over fma as my friend but i love it
i don't really make sense most of the time so yeah hi peoples
happy.gif
fullmetalfemme
Hi Everyone!

I'm probably older than all of you (ok, I'm 50!) and relatively new to Anime - my daughter turned me on to FMA last year and now I'm well and truly addicted. I've watched and read some other anime/manga, but none has drawn me in like Fullmetal - it just has it all! I'm also kind of new to boards in general, but I look forward to getting to know some other FMA fans out there - it sounds like this site has a wide variety of ages and from all over the world, too (I'm in Williamsburg, VA.)

Having been an English major and a librarian, I appreciate that the Board Rules & Regs encourage decent spelling and grammar -- I have NO idea what most of the instant messaging shorthand means and when people start using that I just get flat lost!

I have one really mundane question for you before I go - does anyone out there have any idea of a source for FMA t-shirts in anything bigger than a 2XL? I have searched and googled until I'm blue to no avail. The only one I found so far was through Cafe Press and it was cute (a transmutation circle and an overlay saying "I'd practice alchemy but it costs an arm and a leg") but I'd like one with a picture, too!

Thanks, y'all .... Glad to be here!
Naivete
Hey p0-tah-t03z & fullmetalfemme and welcome ^^

I don't have much time to post links but I'm sure someone else will givr you the links to proper posting on the boards. (This applies especially to you p-t-t dry.gif)

Just in case anyone is wondering, p-t-t is my friend IRL ^^ (I am That Friend xD)
ed_drink_your_milk
Welcome Martin4659, p0-tah-t03z, and fullmetalfemme! It's great to have you here!

p0-tah-t03z-Welcome! Just remember to read the rules, and the Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum, and you'll do just fine! happy.gif

fullmetalfemme-You're right that you're probably older than most people here, but it's nice to have some mature people around, especially english majors. Anyone with proper grammar and decent spelling is always welcome!! laugh.gif It's also pretty cool that you found FMA through your daughter, you'll have to thank her for us. happy.gif Anyway, I don't think I have to tell you to read the ruels, as it seems you already have. Anyway, happy posting!
sweety_pie
Welcome p0-tah-t03z and fullmetalfemme!!!

I hope you both truly like it here.

As you have been told The Rules are important for new members. (Not that either of you seem likely too break them)

@ fullmetalfemme - We have a thread were you can talk/ask about FmA merchandise somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I know of a few online-shops where you can buy anime related 'stuff', but I don't think any of them sell t-shirts...

@p0-tah-t03z - baKa-nekoh is you friend?
I have read a few of her posts, she is pretty cool.
Its really nice to already have a friend, when you join an new forum.

Hope you both have fun, and ask any questions you can think of.
(Sorry I couldn't answer yours fullmetalfemme.)
fullmetalfemme
Thanks sweety pie -- I tried using the "search" but all I got was a thread about "what are you wearing" where everyone was wearing t-shirts (could have been worse, I guess! Can't search "tee" shirt or "FMA" shirt because ya can't do 3-letter search terms! Oh well, I'll find something sooner or later... old librarians never die, they just start searching for stuff on the net! And yes, I was a good girl and read all the rules and regs before posting - I'm so new to this stuff I can't afford not to!

thanks again
Kenji
@fullmetalfemme Here is the tread about how much you have spend on FMA merchandises...

Here is the tread about FMA merchandise where any questions or if you want to shout about FMA merchandise can be posted here

Have fun and happy postings, fullmetalfemme and p0-tah-t03z[I think I will call you potato]
Amol
hi fullmetalfemme and p0-tah-t03z , Welcome to the board ! biggrin.gif

I hope you have good time here.
Others here have provided the necessary links.

Please go through the rules.

If you have any questions or you are not too sure about anything , feel free to ask them here.

Happy posting ! biggrin.gif

Ryu112
hello people im Ryu112 and ill be hanging out here so see ya around
sweety_pie
Hi Ryu112. *Waves*

As a new member you shouold read the rules (A Must for all new people)

Have fun, meet new people, and ask any questions.

~Hope too see you around here!!
Tombow
Time for me to catch up with our new friends!! biggrin.gif

@Densetsu_kid and ArmouredSoul, welcome to the board!!
Glad to see you two are settling into our board nicely!!
Please make sure to follow the forum rules and guides, and hope to see you around the forums!!
(BTW, Densetsu_kid, IMO you made a very good decision to follow slayeralchemist here!!
I think she is a very nice person, and I think you'll like her, and our board!! ^^)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Zinn, and Adsij from Finnland, and Sepestus, and Martin4659, and p0-tah-t03z from Sydney Australia, and fullmetalfemme, and Ryu12 from Creston, B.C., Welcome to the board!!
Glad you all decided to join our board!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

Hope you will enjoy posting on our board!!
We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA discussion forums on our board.
You can find the links to our various forums on discussion forums home page.

Hope to see your posts for Roy and/or all your fav FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!
Or, check out the info on the songs you heard on FMA in FMA Music forum!!

For your non-FMA anime/manga interests, we have General Manga and General Anime forums.

And, Spam Central has many fun game threads, too!!
Or, if you like custom made signatures, we have many Sig Artists who can make one for you!!

@Zinn - You like Nodame Cantabile?? I bet Blitz will be very happy to see your posts on Nodame Cantabile thread!! biggrin.gif And, if you like to translate, please help us on Hagaren Omake Scanlations thread!! We can always use extra translators!! happy.gif

@Adsij - We have some very nice Finn members!! Glad to have more Finn FMA fan!!
We have many anime/manga threads besides FMA, such as, Wolf's Rain Character Poll, Naruto, Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and much more!!
Also, you can read English scanlated FMA manga through our board, up to Chapter 67 Free!! (The latest is Chapter 68) Just click on Manga on the left side of this page!! biggrin.gif

@Martin4659 - You might be interested in our PS3, Wii, or Xbox360? thread and other game threads in our General Game forum!! biggrin.gif

@p0-tah-t03z - Nice to have more FMA fan from down under!! You are a friend of baKa-neKoh? Glad you decided to join us, too!! biggrin.gif

@fullmetalfemme - That is awesome that you like FMA!! Beside FMA, anime I recommend for non-teen mind set include Ghost in the Shell and Samurai Champloo!!
But, you can check Anime recommendation thread for other members' opinions!!
About the T-shirt, you can try posting on FMA Merchandise thread, or check some of the links posted.. though I don't know if anyone can be of help. I'll check some of the sites later. smile.gif
And, since you like reading, you may like to check out our Fanfics fob-forum. No, they are not books, but some of them are actually very good writings!! biggrin.gif

@Sepestus and Ryu12 - Hope you'll like our board, and meet many nice freinds here!! biggrin.gif

Also, for everyone, as mentioned by sweety_pie and others, please make sure to visit:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all new comers) and
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!!

Oh, and in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread.

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!
We are here to help you get familiarized with our board, and ready to answer your questions!!
Hope you all have great time on our board!! biggrin.gif
Alchemical
I've already posted in a few places, but I guess I should post my 'Hi! I'm new here!' speechXD

So... Hi, I'm new here! smile.gif I joined because I worship FMA (you know you do too:) and I love to chat about it.
Razzy
Welcome to the board, Alchemical! happy.gif

Please be sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines if you haven't done so already.
Since you love chatting about FMA, here are the links to the FMA Anime Discussion and the FMA Manga Discussion

Have fun posting! biggrin.gif See you around the board!
ed_drink_your_milk
Welcome Alchemical! I see that Steel Heart already gave you the big important links, so I'm just here to welcome you! Hopefully I'll see you around so follow the rules, and happy posting! happy.gif
Kenji
Hello there Alchemical... WELCOME!!!
Looks like another FMA fan is united with us here... ^.^

Another useful link for you:

Sorry for being late~
Victorious
Hiya.
Iīm 12 years old girl from Finland.
yea, and i love FMA very much, itīs just besti thing in the world xD
Reno
Hi Victorious have fun posting ^^

Remember!!
You need to read Da Rules

Enjoy!!! ^^

sweety_pie
Welcome Alchemical and Victorious.

You have both been given the rules. You should both read, and follow them.
Hope you have fun, and please ask any questions you have.

@fullmetalfemme - Sorry I could not find the thread for you. But Tombow and Kenji both posted a thread for you.
Here is the thread about how much you have spend on FMA merchandises...

Here is the thread about FMA merchandise where any questions or if you want to shout about FMA merchandise can be posted here.
Naivete
Hey Victorious and welcome to the boards happy.gif

Well, everyone here has already posted links to the rules so make sure you read them smile.gif

Enjoy the forums! ^^
scrappedprincessariel
hello all sleep.gif
caerulcis
hello scrappedprincessariel, welcome to the forums.
be sure to read the rules.
have fun and happy posting.
Tombow
Hi Alchemical from Georgia, and Victorious from Finland, and scrappedprincessariel,
Welcome to the board!! Glad you all found our board!! Nice to have you with us!!

Hope to see your posts for favorite FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!
And, if you like drawing, you may like our Fanart sub-forum where you can post your drawings on Open Artists Fanarts thread, or open a thread to post all your fanart collection!!
And, we have nice Fanfics sub-forum also!!

Also, for your non-FMA anime/manga, we have General Manga and General Anime forums, with threads such as Wolf's Rain, Sharman King, D.N. Amgel, Elfin Lied, Naruto, and much more!!

Or, check out our Gallery for cool FMA pics, and if you like custom made signatures, we have many Sig Artists who can make one for you!!
And, just for fun, Spam Central has many fun game threads, too!!

Also, as mentioned by others, please make sure to visit:

Oh, and in case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread.

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!
We are here to help you get familiarized with our board, and ready to answer your questions!!

Hope you all have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif
sweety_pie
Welcome scrappedprincessariel.

Please read and follow the rules Tombow and sel gave you.

Have fun, and if you have any questions please ask them. smile.gif
Dynamo
Yo! ^^ I'm new here.. I'm 16 years old, and I love anime, manga & video games.. And other cartoons and comics too!
My fave anime/manga besides FMA is D.Gray-man. ^^ My fave video games.. uhh, I won't list them all, but to name a few: Kingdom Hearts 2, Megaman x Command mission, Final Fantasy IX, Baten kaitos Origins..
Kenji
Hello Dynamo... Welcome~
Great Job for making this the first tread you post~

As a newbie, be sure to read as a guide-

The FMA section is divided into two sections, FMA Anime Discussion and the FMA Manga Discussion forum

Also, for your non-FMA anime/manga, we have General Manga and General Anime forums

Since you have such huge numbers of favorite video games, shove it all in Favorite Video Game tread located in General Game

In case you have a problem of not being able to use ADDREPLY button, that one is explained on Can't use ADDREPLY button? thread. Anymore questions you can post at Questions tread ^.^ Our friendly members will answer that for you...

For pure entertainments and fun, we have Spam Central that has many fun game threads!!

Have fun, and happy posting~
See you around posting soon~!! laugh.gif
Tombow
Hi Dynamo, welcome to our board!!
Another Finnish fan!! Glad you decided to join us!! Nice to have you with us!!

Hope to see your posts for favorite FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!
And, if you like Cosplay, check out our Cosplay thread for some of our members' awesome Cospaly!!
And, we have Frit Basket, Kingdom Heart 2, Fav Final Fantacy Poll, and many other threads that might interest you!! ^^

Also, as mentioned by Kenji, please make sure to visit:

Hope to see many of your posts on our board!! biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kenji - Nice job!! happy.gif
The Salvation Alchemist
So? I just say a few things about myself?

Uhm,
My birth certificate says Tiffany.
But I think my name is icky.
Dx
So call me Chibi.

I'm slightly fangirlish over Ed,
but I know how to maintain my humanity.
[And keep a boyfriend who I love very much.]

To put it bluntly...
FullMetal Alchemist...
IS SEXY!?!?

=]

Meh.
Talk to me sometime.
Kenji
Hello The Salvation Alchemist
Great... another FullMetal Alchemist fan is united... and I see...you are Ed fan also... ^.^

BE sure to read as a guide-

See ya posting around soon~~
sweety_pie
Welcome The Salvation Alchemist to our forum community.

Please read and follow the rules Kenji posted for you.

Have fun, meet new people, and ask any questions you can think of.. smile.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Hey ev1, i joined a couple of days ago. I am 16 years old and i love to draw and write, i also love anime. I like to play video games and watch and play sports, if you have any questions you want to ask me e-mail me at shadowgears8@yahoo.com. Or you can send me a message on here, also i updated my profile so you can look at that too!
Zwillingeist
Hey! I'm new, obviously tongue.gif Besides FMA, I'm currently into Ouran High School Host Club, Tsubasa Reservoir, and Death Note biggrin.gif

~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Hey Zwillingeist, hope you have fun posting comments and uploading pics, and welcome!
Edamame
Welcome to the forum Edward Fan. I hope that you have a wonderful stay here. Before you start posting in the forum I reccomend that you have a look at the following important threads:

Forum Rules (This in an absolute must read for new forum members.)

Forum Decorum (This thread will give you guide-lines for proper posting)

We have numerous threads here including ones dedicated to sports and video-games. I hope that you enjoy your stay.

sweety_pie
Welcome ~Edward~Elric~Fan~, and Zwillingeist to our forums!!!

As new members you should both read,
The Rules and A Beginners Quide To Forum Decorum.

Hope you both have fun, and meet new people, and if either of you have any questions, please ask.smile.gif

@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - Your siggie is too big. (It must be 500px in width and 300px in height) I suggest you get rid of some of the text.

BTW Mind if I add you too my Y!IM friends
Scythoro
I'm a twenty year old college student in Florida studying to become a Civil Engineer. Enough of that. I had recently became addicted to FMA about one week ago and have watched all of the anime and the movie since then. It is very disappointing to become addicted to something and find out a week later how it ends blink.gif . I am hoping that there is more to FMA than just the anime and that's why I joined this forum, and also to be around people somewhat like me. Well I'm sure I'll enjoy chatting with all of you wink.gif . Goodbye.

Scythoro
sweety_pie
Welcome Scythoro.
As a new member you should read the rules.

There is more to FmA than just the anime.
There is a movie. The Conquror of Shambala.
We have a sub-forum for it here.
There is also Five Ovas'.
There is a thread some where for the ovas, here.
There is also eight video games.
A forum for the Play station games is here and one for Nintendo games is here.
There is also an FmA Trading Card Game
Talk of that here.

Have fun, please read, and follow the rules, and if you have any questions, please ask them.
Naivete
Hey Scythoro and welcome to the boards biggrin.gif

Please read the rules that sweety_pie linked up happy.gif

In addition to everything sweety_pie has mentioned, there is also a FMA manga which is still going.
Sacura
Konnchiwa happy.gif
I won't speak about name that is written in my birth certificate - people call me Sacura smile.gif *
Full name's Sacura Acamatsu, but it's only for teachers happy.gif* I'm from Latvia, so sorry for my English smile.gif I'm fangirl of japan culture, including anime & manga. I've just read the masterpiece of manga - Fullmetal Alchemist... I'm under impression x_x enamoured of Edward happy.gif
Amol
Hi Sacura from Latvia , welcome to the Board ! biggrin.gif

Firstly you should read the Froum Rules and follow that up with The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum, these will guide you through all the important things about the forum that you need to know !

We have amongst us a huge number of anime and manga fans ,

Try out the General Anime Section , where you can find all the things related to the animes other than FMA and then you can also go through the General Manga Section !

For all the Discussions related to FMA , you should go through the Full Metal Alchemist Discussion Subforums, where you can find all threads ranging from Character Discussions to the Fanworks Subforums. Oh and not to forget we also have the Full Metal Alchemist Anime Subforums and the Full Metal Alchemist Manga Subforum too ! biggrin.gif

Dont forget to check out the Gallery
I'm sure you'll like it !

If you have any questions or doubt relating to anything here , fell free to post them here or you can post them at the Question Thread.

See you around ! smile.gif
Kenji
Hello there Sacura
Thats a evil looking Ed in your avatar...

Make sure you reads rules given by Amol and have fun in the forum~ ^.^
Smile...and happy posting
sweety_pie
Welcome welcome welcome too Sacura. smile.gif
The adorable Amol already gave you all the links you need.
As Kenji said, you should read, and follow the rules Amol gave you.

Have fun, and please ask any questions you can think of.
Hope too see more of your posts around. biggrin.gif

BTW I love all the smileys you posted. biggrin.gif
Amol
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 9 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]515397[/snapback]
The adorable Amol already gave you all the links you need.

Now thats nice and encoraging biggrin.gif
Kenji
adorable Amol O.o blink.gif
adorable Amol... *pat Amol's head* Adorable...
laugh.gif

Okay...enough of spamming... *giggles, choked, evil laugh*

ETA: Yeah..finger accidently tapped on the C key...
alchemist x
wink.gif you spelled choked wrong there bucko'

Welcome Sacura!! : D READ RULES AND THAL SHALT LIVE IN PROSPER
Sora Zelse
Hey everyone. My real name is Dillon but everyone here can call me Sora. My username has no relation to the KH games, nor does it have any reference to Air Gear's Takeuchi, Sora. It's just a name I use often for my role play characters. I wouldn't exactly label me as "new" here since I was on here once before under a different username (Blade Alchemist) but I dissapeared for a while through natural loss of interest.

As for something I like do, well, I really like to Role-Play. I'm mostly into ninja role-play, but I have been known to expand here and there. Not much to me except that if you treat me with respect or kindness I'll do the same back to you.
Emily_BrokenAngel
Yay!! three more members!!
Hi ya! Sora Zelse
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! Hope you make friends happy.gif
Now... You need to read:
The Forum Rules and

Hope that helps you n_n
Tombow
@Sora Zelse - Welcome back!! Glad you decided to come back!!
We now have Role Play forum on our board!! Hope you'll join some of the roleplay threads!!
BTW, I'm sending you PM. Please check your inbox. smile.gif

Hi The Salvation Alchemist, and ~Edward~Elric~Fan~ from Chicago, Illinois, and Zwillingeist, and Scythoro from Florida, and Sacura from Latvia, WELCOME to our board!!
I'm glad you'll decided to join us!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

Hope you will all enjoy posting on our board!!

Hope to see your posts for Ed, Al, and all your fav FMA characters in FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, and about your thoughts on FMA in FMA Anime forum, or about your favorite episode in FMA Anime AA sub-forum!!

For your non-FMA anime/manga interests, we have General Manga and General Anime forums.

And, if you like drawing, check out out Fanart sub-forum where you can post your drawing on Multi Artists Open Fanarts thread, or open a thread to post all your fanarts!!
And, for the writers among you, we have Fanfics sub-forum also!!

And, Spam Central has many fun game threads, too!!
Or, if you like custom made signatures, we have many Sig Artists who can make one for you!!

@The Salvation Alchemist - Hope you'll vote for Ed and Al on many of these Poll threads !! biggrin.gif

@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - I see you've already discovered our FMA Image Gallery. ^^
We also have many non-FMA anime/manga threads such as, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Fruits Basket, Bleach anime, Wolf's Rain Character Poll, Inuyasha, Trinity Blood, Gungrave, Paranoia Agents and much more!! (Some are old threads, but might be interesting to read!!) Also, you might be interested in our PS3, Wii, or Xbox360? thread and other game threads in our General Game forum!! smile.gif

@Zwillingeist - Please join discussions on our Ouran High School Host Club and Death Note and many more threads on our board!! biggrin.gif

@Scythoro - Join our discussions for FMA "Shambara" movie in our FMA Movie sub-forum!!
And, if you are interested in FMA manga, you can read English scanlated FMA manga through our board, up to Chapter 67 Free!! (The latest chapter out there is chapter 68!!) Just click on Manga on the left side of this page!! smile.gif

@Sacura - Nice to have a FMA manga Fan from Lativa!! Your English is very good!! happy.gif
We have very up to date FMA manga forum!! We are up to chapter 68 discussions, and currently waiting for tchapter 69 to come out in Japan in a few days!! biggrin.gif

Also, for everyone, as mentioned by others, please make sure to visit:

We are here to help you, and ready to answer your questions!!

Hope you all have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif

@All our welcome hosts - Nice job, everyone, with your welcome posts!! Please keep up!! happy.gif
Tato
hi im tato my name is from nasuka my friend Little Washu made me register an account i like all manga some sports ummm and drawing
Little Washu
Ah Tato, I see you found the Newcomer's place quite well. Good job! Yes, me and Tato go waaaaay back. Well anyway, god job Tato! Snack for you! *gives Tato pie* Ah, what the heck, pie all around I say!!!

sweety pie: I know how much you and Tombow enjoy it, but there's no need for you to post Forum rules for Tato. I already told her to read them smile.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.