Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
Xira
Newbie here.. And at first I'll say that I'm from Finland so my English kinda sucks but I try my best. Hope you understand what I'm saying. tongue.gif
I have visited at this forum several times before without writing anything..
Have been FMA fan since the first time I saw the anime, that was at the begining et this year. I have seen whole anime, movie and OVAs. Fav character is Ed, I admire him. ;D

Aw, so hard write something about me in English 'cause even in Finnish it is hard to me. x) Hope that's enough..

Zarpia
Welcome creationX and Xira!
Be sure to read
The Forum Rulez and The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum biggrin.gif
Alchmist_Of_Light
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been to forums like these, so I assume the rules are pretty much the same smile.gif
Sharingan Serpent
Welcome to our forum Alchemist Of Light, please read the rules before assuming anything...no spamming, no double posting and a couple of other things that you have to follow happy.gif but other than that enjoy yourself
Alchmist_Of_Light
Yeah, I read the rules, just in case smile.gif
Tombow
Hello creationX (aaron) and Xira from Finland!!
Welcome to the board!! Glad to have you with us!!

@creationX - I sassume you're posting while in the class!! ohmy.gif
Hope you don't get in trouble!! tongue.gif
@Xira - A large portion of our members are International members, including FMA fans from Finland. Nice to have another Finland FMA fan on the board!!
And, I think your English is excellent!! smile.gif

I see both of you are posting in Open Chat forum so far, but we have a wide variety of
Forums for FMA discussions and
Forums for non-FMA topics,
and you're very welcomed to all of these forums!!

Hope to see your opinion on Ed, and other your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum.
Or, we would like to hear your opinions on the FMA movie in FMA movie sub-forum.
Or, about your favorite FMA music in FMA music forum.
You can also ask about the name of the song you heard in FMA on Song Hunting thread there.

Or, you might be interested in some threads in our General music forum??
Or, how about discussions on movies and TV programs in our General video forum??
And, you can find fun game threads in Spam central forum!! biggrin.gif

Also, please make sure you visit the "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all new comers)
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!!

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope you two will have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif
creations alchemist
yeah im posting while in class (2nd) period but its all good i have a 98 and i dont even do the work tongue.gif
Xira
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 14 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]473354[/snapback]
Hello creationX (aaron) and Xira from Finland!!
Welcome to the board!! Glad to have you with us!!

@Xira - A large portion of our members are International members, including FMA fans from Finland. Nice to have another Finland FMA fan on the board!!
And, I think your English is excellent!! smile.gif

Thanks for welcome. I read the rules and try to remember them. ^^
Thanks, but still got to have dictionary next to computer just in case. biggrin.gif
Tombow
@creationX - It's nice to be smart!! Keep up! biggrin.gif

@Xira - That is an excellent practice!! I'm very bad with spelling, and I often get confused on some similar sounding words, so I keep dictionaries nearby also. biggrin.gif

Glad you two are getting comfortable and feeling more at home on our board!!
(If you run into some questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!)

Keep up with your postings!! biggrin.gif
Homunculus Sloth
o:...

Yey I found the intro topic xD.

*Ahem* Hello all Homunculus Sloth, course, call me Sloth for short. I'm a huge fan of FMA, and have just become one ever since a year ago. Just to tell you this already, I'm not a n00b, infact, I frown upon them. I'm a mod at another forum (My name is Sloth in case you ever visit it o:....not gonna advertise here.) And...you'll get to know me as time goes on. =D
Hellfire
Welcome Sloth.

Welcome to fullmetal-achemist, which has been a great site to me, and a way to let out my FMA craziness. Have fun, and don't forget to make some friends along the way.

For all the new members I have not welcomed, welcome.
thendoftradition
hello everyone im new great site smile.gif
Jato
@ thendoftradition and Sloth

Welcome! I really hope you enjoy it here. Its a great place, full of funny, crazy and plain odd people (myslef included).
Tombow
Hi Homunculus Sloth and thendoftradition, welcome to the board!!
Glad you decided to join us!! Nice to have you on our board!! biggrin.gif

@Homunculus Sloth - You're a mod on other sites?? Great!! Good to have people who can understand what's n00bish behavior, and what's not!! biggrin.gif
@thendoftradition - Hope you can get familiarized with what's on our board soon!! smile.gif

We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA forums. You can find links to our various forums, on our discussion forums home page. biggrin.gif

Hope to see your posts on Sloth, and other your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum.
Or, your opinions on the FMA movie in FMA movie sub-forum??
And, we are very up to date in FMA manga forum, currently following chapter 65!!

And, for thendoftradition, looking forward to seeing your fanworks and/or fanarts in our Fanworks forum and/or Fanart sub-forum. biggrin.gif

We also have Role Play forum, too!! smile.gif

Also, please make sure you visit the "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:
Even if you're familiar with rules on other board, please make sure to check ours!!
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!! biggrin.gif

If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope you'll have a great time on our board!! biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Waving "hi" to Jato!!" Nice to see you here again!! biggrin.gif

@Hellfire Alchemist - Nice to see your welcome post here!! Keep up!! biggrin.gif
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 16 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]474133[/snapback]
@Homunculus Sloth - You're a mod on other sites?? Great!! Good to have people who can understand what's n00bish behavior, and what's not!! biggrin.gif

What is n00bish behavior ?
Tombow
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]474144[/snapback]
What is n00bish behavior ?

They post like this. laugh.gif
(Note: Posters there are not n00bs. They are only imitating n00bish posts. biggrin.gif )

And/or n00bs often post in non-standard English, or with extremely bad grammar, or in all CAPs (upper case letters) or posting with HUGE sized letters, or in screaming colors, or using obscene languages, or keep making spamming or flaming posts even after told to stop, and so on.

AND, n00bs most often will not heed the advise of other members, or verbal warning from Moderators to change their behavior.
(Eventually, they often get temporarily banned from the site, if they keep doing bad behaviors, and then, finally they would realize they need to change their behavior if they are to be welcomed to our site. smile.gif )

Whereas newbies are just new posters, and even if they make mistakes, they learn and try not to make the same mistakes again. Newbies are fine, and welcomed, but n00bs are not. tongue.gif
Amol
Oh .... i see what now n00bs are. laugh.gif

I never knew you could be banned from the site ! ohmy.gif
Tombow
^^ Haha, yeah, you will know when you see n00bs.
Stay on the board long enough, and soon or later, you will have chances to see them!! biggrin.gif

And, yes, you could get banned for 1 day, 3 days, one week, two weeks, like that.
And, if that doesn't improve the behavior, you could get banned permanently.
(But, that's very very rare I believe. biggrin.gif )

Sometimes, some members start out as n00bs, but then they change bad behaviors, and become very good members, too. smile.gif

Amol
I'm sure i'll see them sometime. laugh.gif

Has anyone been banned from FMA site yet ?
creations alchemist
^ im sure a few people have.

I have been banned from a few ff fourms a few years ago manly because of jackass admins.
also i didnt really know many of the rules.
but that was all in the past happy.gif
antigeometrist
Um, hi! I'm new here, but I'm glad to be in a place with as many FMA fans as possible!
So, how's life, everybody??
Zarpia
Welcome antigeometrist glad you found us tongue.gif

Make sure to read the rulez that someone will post in a bit...
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 13 2006, 05:31 AM) [snapback]473005[/snapback]
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 13 2006, 01:25 AM) [snapback]473003[/snapback]
I could have sworn we had an "Alchemist of Light" Without the underscores...

There were a big time hoho fan, that I remember. ><
Wow, so many similar names.. biggrin.gif
We also have Monkey!! biggrin.gif

(BTW, what happened to your wonderful welcome posts?? You made such awsome welcome posts!! Hope to keep seeing more!! smile.gif )

Ž_Ž
Git stole my name!
BURN HIM!! laugh.gif

And not likely to come again for a while..
Im lazy, XD

Hey to all non-n00b newcomers!!
laugh.gif
Jato
Wow we have a lot of members. Soon it will be an Empire for FMA fans, and the world will be ours! Muwahahahhaha!....*cough* I mean..I like FMA....

-------------------------
*Waves back to Tombow*
Funderful
Greetings to you, Newcomers!

I'd like to extend my unnaturally pleasant welcome while I'm here.

Hi! I'm Funderful.
Check out my fanart and enlist in my army while my plans for world domination is on hiatus. biggrin.gif

Oh, Yeah...
And have a great time.
Once you join, your soul isn't returned until you purchase at least 14 copies of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga.

Too Bad There's Only 9 out in English so far...
Muahahahaha!
Tombow
QUOTE(antigeometrist @ Nov 16 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]474298[/snapback]
Um, hi! I'm new here, but I'm glad to be in a place with as many FMA fans as possible!
So, how's life, everybody??

Hi antigeometrist , welcome to the board!!
I'm glad you decided to join us!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

We have so many forums you might be interested.
You can find links to our various forums on our discussion forums home page.

Hope to see your posts on your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum!!
We have Who thinks Scar and his bro is hot?? thread,
Crimson Alchemist (Kembley) fans!! thread,
Barry the chopper!! thread, as well as so many threads for Roy Mustang!!

Or, if you like to discuss songs in FMA, we have FMA music forum, including
Song hunting thread for finding out names of the songs you heard in the FMA anime!!

Also, please make sure to visit the "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:

Envy :3
jeeez.. over 300 pages wacko.gif wacko.gif

but.. anyway i joined few days ago and been interesting to
read these forums.
( specially what ppl think about fma Envy rolleyes.gif )
and ofc lots of amazing piece of art ohmy.gif (
cheerz for those who have helped me a little cool.gif

*Envy forever !
Tombow
Hi Envy :3, welcome to the board!!
Glad you found our board!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

We have many Envy fans on our board!!
You can find them on Envy fans!! thread!!
We also have Envy thread, Envy's ability, Envy's real name, Envy's voice, and so on.
You can find them all in FMA character discussion thread.. biggrin.gif

Also, please make sure to visit the "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:

Hope to see your posts around the board!! biggrin.gif
Mudkipblader
Hi, I've been here for a while now but I never introduced my self.

So I'm a 16 year old Pokéblade fan. (now an FMA one too)
I love to draw (please check out my art... happy.gif )
Razzy
Welcome, Envy :3 smile.gif ! I know 366 pages may seem like a lot... you don't have to read all of them if you don't want to LOL laugh.gif . Hope you enjoy the board happy.gif !
Tombow
Hi Mudkipblader, nice to meet you!! biggrin.gif
I know we met on other threads, but this is my official welcome!! happy.gif
I see you're doing nicely on our board!! Glad you like us!!
BTW, I noticed you don't have forum family yet.
You can post on Forum Family thread, and see anyone would like to adopt you into his/her forum family. (Also, check out the posters' sigs on that thread to see if anyone has "PM me to join my family!!" in their sig!!) Hope you can find nice forum families!! smile.gif

Also, in case you haven't done so yet, please make sure to visit the "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:
They have many useful info on posting on our board!!

See you around the board!! biggrin.gif
Edward Elric_is_Love
Hi, What's up? I'm Edward Elric Is Love. ((cuz he is.))
I'm new around here, FMA's become one of my all time favorite animes and i've been looking for a place to make some new friends and talk about it and my love for Ed.
happy.gif nani desu yo?
Tombow
@Edward Elric_is_Love - Yokoso!! Welcome to the board!!
Glad you decided to join us!! Nice to have you with us!!

I see you are already exploring our board, and posting nicely!! Good start!! biggrin.gif
Hope to see more of your opinion on Ed, and other your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum.
Or, about your favorite FMA music in FMA music forum. You can also ask about the names of the songs you heard in FMA on Song Hunting thread there.
Or, how about discussions on you fav movies and TV programs in our General video forum??
And, you can find fun game threads in Spam central forum!! biggrin.gif

Hope you'll have great time on our board!! biggrin.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]474210[/snapback]
I'm sure i'll see them sometime. laugh.gif

Has anyone been banned from FMA site yet ?

A few have. But they had it coming. It seemed like they gave a conscious effort in disobeying the rules.
khanny045
hello!

wow...this looks like a really nice board.. sure looks like fun here!

so... I'm 16, female from USA and I really like manga/anime

my other frequent forum hangout is mangavolume.com, but this place looks like another possible hangout for me smile.gif
Razzy
Welcome khanny045! It is lots of fun here smile.gif ! (as long as you follow the Forum Rules, which you should read right away if you haven't done so already) I love it here, and I hope you will, too! Hope to see you around the board happy.gif !
Tombow
Hi khanny045, welcome to the board!!
I agree!! It's very nice place with lots of fun!! biggrin.gif
Glad you found us!! Nice to have you with us!!

We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA forums. You can find links to our various forums, on our discussion forums home page. biggrin.gif

Hope to see your posts on Sloth, and other your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum.
And, we are very up to date in FMA manga forum, currently following chapter 65!!

We also have a variety of non-FMA manga and anme discussions in our General anme and General manga forums. Or, you might be interested in some threads in our General music forum??
Or, how about discussions on movies and TV programs in our General video forum??
And, you can find many fun game threads in Spam central forum!! biggrin.gif

Even if you're familiar with rules on other board, please make sure to check ours!!

Hope you have lots of fun on our board!! biggrin.gif
pocketwatch-keeper
Hi there!

Well, I'm new I guess! Found this forum a couple of days ago and have finally got back on the net to post hello!

I found FMA a few months ago after my friend dreximgirl forced it upon me. And I'm much glad she did! Have got through all the anime, the movie and all the manga that are avaliable here in the UK. And now I need more!! So here I am, hoping to keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay, by chatting lots. hehe

I'm 21, a drama student in London and I love reading, watching various anime including Full Metal Panic, CCS, and all the Ghibli's. I also love listening (and ocassionally dancing madly in my room) to lots of different music (the FMA soundtracks are great!) and also write fan fiction... when I can find time around Uni work. Eep!

Looking forward to travelling the boards with you all! smile.gif

pwKeeper

Tombow
Hi pocketwatch-keeper, welcome to the board!!
Glad you found our board!! We have very nice UK fans on our board.
Nice to have another UK fan with us!! biggrin.gif

Reading your interests, I think our board is like, custom made for you!!
We have so many forums you might be interested!! The links to the variety of FMA and non-FMA forums we have can be found on our discussion forums home page.

Hope to see your posts on your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, or about the FMA "Shambara" movie in FMA movie sub-forum.
Or, if you like to talk about songs in FMA, we have FMA music forum, including
Song hunting thread for finding out names of the songs you heard in the FMA anime!!
And, we are very up to date in FMA manga forum, currently discussing chapter 65!!

We also have a variety of non-FMA manga and anme discussions in our General anme and General manga forums, including Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies thread!!
Or, you might be interested in some threads in our General music forum?? And, how about discussions on movies and TV programs such as this Dr. Who thread, in our General video forum??
And, hope to see you fanfics in our Fanfics forum!! biggrin.gif

Haku Shiro
Hello...I'm new here..
Just pm me...
000_neji
Welcome in the forum Haku Shiro!...happy.gif
Tombow
Hello Haku Shiro, welcome to the board!!
I assume you're a Naruto fan?? biggrin.gif
Here is the link to our Naruto thread in our General anime forum. smile.gif

We have a variety of FMA and non-FMA forums, and hope you can enjoy visiting them all!!
You can find the links to our forums on discussion forums home page.

If you have questions on posting on our board please feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope to see you around the board!! biggrin.gif
Amol
Who and What is a Moderator ?
And also and Administrator ?
Tombow
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 27 2006, 05:40 AM) [snapback]478566[/snapback]
@Amol - You can see the list of who here. (Although, not all of them are currently active.)

Bryantq-sama (bryantq) is the owner of the board, and he is the "big boss." biggrin.gif
Administrators would make important board decisions, make board rules, change board designs, get the board format upgrade, and such.
Moderators and Moderating Admins are the ones actually on the board, and make sure the forums and the board Gallery run smoothly, and do daily tasks like closing duplicate thread, move thread to correct forums, and such. smile.gif

(Oh, and yeah, I and Toby-Chan are the newest additions as Moderators. biggrin.gif )

Ailuro
Only about half of the mods and admins come on regularly.
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 28 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]478688[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 27 2006, 05:40 AM) [snapback]478566[/snapback]
@Amol - You can see the list of who here. (Although, not all of them are currently active.)

Bryantq-sama (bryantq) is the owner of the board, and he is the "big boss." biggrin.gif
Administrators would make important board decisions, make board rules, change board designs, get the board format upgrade, and such.
Moderators and Moderating Admins are the ones actually on the board, and make sure the forums and the board Gallery run smoothly, and do daily tasks like closing duplicate thread, move thread to correct forums, and such. smile.gif

(Oh, and yeah, I and Toby-Chan are the newest additions as Moderators. biggrin.gif )

Congrats , your a mod now !
And thanks again for this info.
pirate-alchemist
heya! I just joined today! Erm, I'm a FMA fan obviously!
I'm also the same height as Ed! happy.gif but I'm girl so it's not that embarrassing, I can always wear high heels happy.gif
erm, yeah, I should be finishing off my english coursework, the deadline's tomorrow. =(
Well I hope to meet loads of FMA fans here! =)
Tombow
Hi pirate-alchemist, welcome to the board!!
Glad you decided to join us!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

I see you are already making nice posts in various forums. I'm glad. biggrin.gif

Also, hope to see your posts on your favorite FMA characters, in our FMA character discussion (both FMA manga and anime) forum, or about the FMA "Shambara" movie in FMA movie sub-forum.
Or, if you like to talk about songs in FMA, we have FMA music forum, including
And, we are very up to date in FMA manga forum, currently up to chapter 65!!

Also, please take a moment to visit our "Rules and Guidelines for our board" threads:

Hope to see you around the board!! biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT: Thanks, Amol!! happy.gif
Shada Dukal
Newbie here! Just joined a few days ago. I already tinkered around a bit...reading rules, put up a coupla pics, fixed the profile...random stuff. Just thought I'd drop by and say "hi", plus post a few tidbits about me if anyone cares. You know, so you can get to know me and avoid me easier. ^_~

I'm...kinda old. But a kid at heart. I'm an English major in college, and I hope to use that to go into writing for cartoons and/or TV. I've had an obsession with art and animation for ages, and would have gone into animation as a major if I had the attention span for it. As it is, I focus on writing with a whole lotta doodling on the side. I've drawn three short mangas, each better than the one before it but still really dumb (and will never see the light of the internet, if I can help it; I'm self-consious of old art). Three of my friends and I are thinking about combining our powers and becoming an American CLAMP or something. I might also be working on a new FMA fanmade videogame like Bluebird's Illusion...depends on if it gets off the ground or not.

I discovered FMA one night when I was housesitting for a month (July of '05, actually...yeah, I'm such a nerd I even remember the date). There was a TV in the bedroom, so I clicked in on to see if there was any anime on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, and wouldn't you know it...the first episode of FMA was just starting. I had heard about the series, but didn't know squat about it, so I was excited to find it. I was hooked by episode one, and from then on my twin sister and I stayed up every night to watch.
We got about to ep. 16 or 18 or so before that housesitting job ended, so we weren't able to catch any more. I started buying the manga the moment it came out, and I still jump on them when a new one appears (despite the fact that I've now read online all up through what's come out in Japan).
Sad thing though, now that I've read so much of the manga, when I finally did managed to borrow the whole series from a friend of mine (just this week I finished it) I found the anime didn't hold a candle. There are probably those who prefer it, but as for me...there's just no beating the manga. The anime's still good, but Arakawa Hiromu really knew what she was doing. And gosh, is she a good artist. happy.gif

That's probably enough outta me for the time being. Nice to meet you all!
sweety_pie
@Shada Dukal - Wow, you really know how to introduce yourself.
I really like your pics, especially the BBI one.
You say, you have already read the rules right?I will not bore you with those then.
But, you might read.
A beginners guide to forum decorum
Glad you joined, if there is anything I forgot too tell you, maybe someone else can help. And if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.