Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
shiba
Hey guys, im new too. This site was advised to me by memoria, whos also a noob tongue.gif As you might have guessed the name shiba comes from bleach and its also my name at different forums. im currently busy with watching FMA, and im around episode 40. But my friends told me exactly whats gonna happen and i saw the movie too, so dont be afraid too spoil tongue.gif
Memoria
oh so this is where this is...
anyway i'm Memoria, i'm normally known as Michiyo on other forums though biggrin.gif
i'm relativly new to FMA, and have recently started reading the manga... on chapter 30 oh and i like to draw, i'm also an Illustration student so if i do anything that may be of interest i may post it here
Spartan052
Hey all, the name's Zach. I'm a noober, I've only just gotten into the FMA manga, but I've been watching the anime for a couple months. Other than my obsession with FMA, I'm a gamer, concept artist, and music lover. I'm pretty much an easy-goin' guy, so don't hesitate to talk to me, y'know, whenever. biggrin.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
nyah i'm going to find a new way to welcome..instead of saying readtherulesreadtheruels to every person in your post just say it at the bottom...why did'nt i think of that before huh.gif

QUOTE(x...:Peach Hime:...x @ Aug 8 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]430445[/snapback]

Um, hi everyone! My name's Peach Hime, and I'm new here. I love FMA and I'm a big fanof Edward Elric! smile.gif Anyway, I'll stay around here for a while. Laters!

laugh.gif he IS great <3 Edooo hello and welcome smile.gif

QUOTE(shiro-chan @ Aug 10 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]430828[/snapback]

hullo everyone!!! my name's shiro-chan and i'm a newbie here. i am a very big fan of FMA, especially Ed. I also revere PAKU Romi.

my interests are:

anime & manga (FMA, Bleach, Death Note, etc.)
art (ambigrams, fanart, etc.)

ah another Edo fan XD we're getting lots of them lately!

QUOTE(shiba @ Aug 10 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]430893[/snapback]

Hey guys, im new too. This site was advised to me by memoria, whos also a noob tongue.gif As you might have guessed the name shiba comes from bleach and its also my name at different forums. im currently busy with watching FMA, and im around episode 40. But my friends told me exactly whats gonna happen and i saw the movie too, so dont be afraid too spoil tongue.gif

D: they told you the ending laugh.gif well i spoiled myself but even though i did i still thought it was a great anime series <3

QUOTE(Memoria @ Aug 10 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]430894[/snapback]

oh so this is where this is...
anyway i'm Memoria, i'm normally known as Michiyo on other forums though biggrin.gif
i'm relativly new to FMA, and have recently started reading the manga... on chapter 30 oh and i like to draw, i'm also an Illustration student so if i do anything that may be of interest i may post it here

ahh i'd love to see your work! you should post it in the fanworks happy.gif i'll be sure to look at it

QUOTE(Spartan052 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]430919[/snapback]

Hey all, the name's Zach. I'm a noober, I've only just gotten into the FMA manga, but I've been watching the anime for a couple months. Other than my obsession with FMA, I'm a gamer, concept artist, and music lover. I'm pretty much an easy-goin' guy, so don't hesitate to talk to me, y'know, whenever. biggrin.gif

ah! hi and hello

Okay N00bs and N00betes happy.gif on behalf of all the forums and people in it...PLEASE read these: THE Rules
and Popo's guide to regular posting

they'll help very much and you'll make alot of friends if you follow them smile.gif

please feel free to PM me or e-mail me whatever floats your boat if you have any questions~! i'll be more then happy to help a fellow member

oh and please :
DO NOT SPAM
and do NOT double post thank you very mch for not doing so! smile.gif
Nehirium
Okay, my name is chelsea, 14, currently living in Ontario, canada, going into my 2nd year of highshcool. Intrest include drawing, painting, reading( books and manga), some writing and horseback riding.
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Nehirium @ Aug 11 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]431424[/snapback]
Okay, my name is chelsea, 14, currently living in Ontario, canada, going into my 2nd year of highshcool. Intrest include drawing, painting, reading( books and manga), some writing and horseback riding.

Hello and welcome!

Please read the following super awesome guides:

The Forum Rules
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
Popoīs Guide to Perfect Posting

After you do, start the posting! Remember spamming is not allowed!

I hope you have one hell of an awesome time here! Iīm sure, with time, youīll meet a lot of amazing people! tongue.gif Hope you have fun and enjoy our boards! Feel free to ask any questions in this thread. See you soon! smile.gif

pat_adidas@hotmail.com
hi im pat i love all anime and manga and i love full metal alchemist my email is pat_adidas@hotmail.com
send me a message some time biggrin.gif
phoenix dying
Welcome all you little bastards...i mean this in a loving way, but not in a too loving way. That would just be creepy. I mean really really creepy...kinda like edxal

Have some fun with this link, it will kinda help thoes first time posters...i said "kinda". Its not a total cure. But you'll get the picture if you watch this. It funny and has some moderate value, so you should watch it.

Do not spam or Bacon will be on you like sh*t on Velcro. I could be like thoes nice people (like vachi and tombow) and link things that would help you in your posting endevors. But i'm currently too lazy...and there up a few posts anyway.

Please do not be oblivious to peoples opinions/thoughts/and ideas. It makes for bad conservation...Be coherent in your posts do be random, don't use excessive caps-lock or smilies. Be smart, practice safesex posting.
Ailuro
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Aug 11 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]431575[/snapback]

Do not spam or Bacon will be on you like sh*t on Velcro.

I wasn't aware that feces was naturally attracted to Velcro.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 12 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]431620[/snapback]

QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Aug 11 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]431575[/snapback]

Do not spam or Bacon will be on you like sh*t on Velcro.

I wasn't aware that feces was naturally attracted to Velcro.

Yea! Its one of thoes thing they never tell you in school. tongue.gif

But really i'm talking about the fact that once its on there, you can get it off. Thus one bacon's on your case your doomed, unless you can retort back against him! kill him!
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(pat_adidas@hotmail.com @ Aug 11 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]431562[/snapback]
hi im pat i love all anime and manga and i love full metal alchemist my email is pat_adidas@hotmail.com
send me a message some time biggrin.gif

Hello and welcome! tongue.gif

Please be sure to read the following, very helpful, and nice guides that phoenix just told you about:
~The Forum Rules
~The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum
~Popoīs Guide to Perfect Posting
Reading them, will help you to avoid being a n00b, youīll know how things work here and they will help you in the way you post! =D

I hope you have a great time around the forums! Enjoy the boards and have a nice time meeting amazing people here! Also, remember not to spam, cause itīs not allowed! laugh.gif And donīt forget phoenixīs post, itīs important to respect everyone and not pissing off people happy.gif

See you!!

Revolutionary Alchemist
Heh...I guess this is where my first post should've been. Oh well. Just wanted to say I'm a newbie...and...that's about it. Oh, and I'm really random...and I evilly laugh...ALOT...like...now! MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! ok...I'm done.
Tombow
Hi shiro-chan, welcome to the board!!
Here are some of the threads you might be interested... Bleach anime, One Piece, Shaman King, Favorite Gundam?, Gundam Seed, and there are several threads you might be interested in our FMA Music forum, including Paku Romi song poll thread.
Also, since you like fanarts, you might like to check out our Fanart forum!! biggrin.gif

Hello shiba, welcome to the board!!
I would love to see your posts on yur favorite FMA characters in our FMA Character (for anime and manga) forum! biggrin.gif

Memoria from Scotland, welcome to the board!!
We were recently talking about hoping to have more active poters from UK, and really nice to have you with us!!
Here is Bleach anime thread, and Naruto thread.
And, here is our Fanart forum where you can check fanarts of other members, or post yours on some of multi-artists threads such as this thread, or open a thread to post all your fanarts!!
Also, you can record your singing, and post it on Karaoke thread!! biggrin.gif

Hello Zach (a.k.a. Spartan052), welcome to the board!!
Here are Naruto, Samurai Champloo character poll, , Trigun Cowboy Bebop Ghost in the Shell, and Samurai Champloo threads.
And, since you like games, check out our General game forum, and FMA game forum!! biggrin.gif

Chelsea (a.k.a. Nehirium,) welcome to the board!!
Don't forget to check out our Fanart forum, and Fanfics!! They are really good!! biggrin.gif

pat_adidas@hotmail.com - welcome to the board!!
Hope you'll stick around!! smile.gif

Hi Revolutionary Alchemist from Pennsylvania, welcome to the board!!
In addition to the threads I posted above, here is the thread for Avatar: The Last Airbender which will be found in our General video forum, that has threads for TV shows and movies. smile.gif

Everyone - Please make sure to visit all three of *~vachi~*'s (and my) favorite FYI threads:
The Forum Rules
They are full of useful information on posting on our board!!
If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel freet to post here and ask us!!
Nice to have you all with us!! biggrin.gif
Spartan052
Thanks for the links, Tombow.biggrin.gif
Revolutionary Alchemist
Thanks, Tombow!
neko_snowmustang
hihi... i'm new here 2XD... so, how du u get pic 2 be ur display pic? blink.gif biggrin.gif
Edamame
QUOTE(neko_snowmustang @ Aug 17 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]433787[/snapback]

hihi... i'm new here 2XD... so, how du u get pic 2 be ur display pic? blink.gif biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board Neko_snowmustang. Please read the following threads that will help you get started around here. I hope that you have a wonderful time here.

This thread will answer your question about how to display a picture: A Begginer's Guide to Forum Decorum

This thread will give you all of the site rules: Forum Rules and Guidelines

ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Spartan052 @ Aug 13 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]432362[/snapback]

Thanks for the links, Tombow.biggrin.gif

ah yeah, follow [b] Tombow's links and you'll do great~!

QUOTE(Revolutionary Alchemist @ Aug 13 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]432363[/snapback]

Thanks, Tombow!

*see previous comment* ^__^

QUOTE(neko_snowmustang @ Aug 17 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]433787[/snapback]

ah 1st off try to use better grammar
and 2 :
do you mean your avatar? go to My Controls, then Personal Profile and look down and you should see Edit avatar settings and you can either use Photobucket or Image Shack to get the URL of the image and paste it where it says : 'Enter a URL to an online avatar image' or you could just browse your pictures folder for one, but remeber: the avatars that you get from your picture folder have to be no larger and no smaller then 100 by 100 smile.gif if you have any questions feel free to PM me

ah and please read :
The Begginer's Guide to forum decorum

and Popo's guide to perfect posting : D

ah and my lovely minions co-workers of the I.E.P.W please take a look at my updated welcoming page..thingy in my signature wink.gif

till next time~!
Tombow
@neko_snowmustang - Welcome to the forums!!

First, about posting in our forums...
I highly recommend reading all three of these "posting" FYI threads first:
The Forum Rules
They are full of useful informations on posting on our board, including info on avatar and sig.
If you have any other questions on posting on our board, feel freet to post here and ask us!!

Next, about the "display pic".
I'm assuming you're talking about avatar (the one under your name) /or sig pic (pic in your signature space), correct??
If you are thinking of using some pic from our Gallery, I recommend you "rehost" the pic first.
For that, right click on the sig pic, and choose "Save image as... " (or something like that) and save the pic to your computer first.

Then if you are using it as your avatar, click on "My Controls" which is on the upper right side of this page, then click on "Edit Avatar Setting" which is on the left side of the control page.
Then you upload the pic from your computer, and then click on Update Avatar.

If for sig, first upload the pic from your computer to Photobucket (need to register, but FREE) or ImageShack (no need to register) or some other on-line image hosting account of your choice, then use the pic's URL from there as your URL for the sig.
Then, proceed to "My Controls", "Edit Signature", and using the image function...
CODE
[image]URL of your sig pic[/image]
You put this line in your sig editing space, then hit "Update my Signature".
That should work, I think...
If you run into some problem, post here and let us know. smile.gif

Hope to see you around the board!! biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ed's numbuh 1 fan - Nice avi and sig!! happy.gif And, new page for I.E.P.W!! biggrin.gif
But, the link for the site in your sig said that place is closed for the TOU violations!! ohmy.gif

ETA:
@Roy Jr.- Awww, thanks!! Nice to see your post here!!
And, nice welcome post!! Please post here more often!! happy.gif
Roy Jr.
Welcome people!!!!!!!! wink.gif
Although I'n new myself I want to share some things:

Being a new member of the forum, read the forum guidelines

Post in the correct threads/forums.

Respect thy seniors. (especially Mods and Admin)

Follow rules

Don't be rude

Be cool. When someone corrects you, see your mistake before you react.

Don't disrespect other people's beliefs. This is a forum, don't be selfish.

And, if you spot a mistake on someone, don't go shouting it around. We are all human, we make mistakes.

*special thanks to Tombow, MelRiza, kittygirl, pepogeejo, Void, Ailuro, asunder and Chiyo
for being teachers to me even though it might be in the hard way.*
laugh.gif
Shannon Casull
My name is Shannon Casull. I'm a lone swordsman and I'm the middle child of two sisters, Raquel and Pacifica. Actually, Raquel and I are Pacifica's foster siblings. Our father left a will for us to protect Pacifica. So Raquel and I became Pacifica's Guardians. We are both powerful in our own way: I'm a powerful swordsman and Raquel can quickly cast magic spells. But Pacifica is pretty powerful herself... Maybe even more powerful than Raquel and I. I wonder if we will be able to protect her....
FullMetal_Obsession
Um... hello everyone. My name's Andrea, and I'm a newbie... and, yeah. That's about it. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Hi Shannon Casull and Shannon Casull, welcome to the board!!
I'm glad you found us!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif
Please join our discussions on your fav FMA characters in our FMA Charcter discussion forum!!
And for Shannon Casull, we have a wide variety of non-FMA anime discussion threads in our General anime forum, including Naruto, Inuyasha, Inuyasha character poll, Trigun, Zatch Bell, Cowboy Bebop, S-cry-ed, Wolf's Rain, Gundom, and more!!
Also, since you like drawing, writing, and reading, you might like checking out our Fanfiction forum for awsome stories written by our forum members, and Fanart forum where you can check out fanarts of other members, and also post yours on multi-artists thread such as this thread, or open a thread to post all your artworks!!

Also, please take your time to visit these posting guide/rules threads:
The Forum Rules
They are full of useful info on posting on our board, including info on adding avatar and sig pics.
If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope you two have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif
Wrath V
Hello! My name is Halle and I'm a beginner, I'm not sure if I can get used to all this stuff, but I've already understand the rules, the beginner's guide (almost everything) but Popo's Guide is a little harder to... how to say... understand and to remember... but anyways, I need to thank Tombow, and thanks a lot.
I hope that we can get along and if I commit anything very stupid, please forgive me... I will try to be better next time, ok? Thank You!!!

ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Shannon Casull @ Aug 18 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]434326[/snapback]

My name is Shannon Casull. I'm a lone swordsman and I'm the middle child of two sisters, Raquel and Pacifica. Actually, Raquel and I are Pacifica's foster siblings. Our father left a will for us to protect Pacifica. So Raquel and I became Pacifica's Guardians. We are both powerful in our own way: I'm a powerful swordsman and Raquel can quickly cast magic spells. But Pacifica is pretty powerful herself... Maybe even more powerful than Raquel and I. I wonder if we will be able to protect her....

mmmmmmmmm 'kay o_o welcome anyway

QUOTE(FullMetal_Obsession @ Aug 19 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]434378[/snapback]

Um... hello everyone. My name's Andrea, and I'm a newbie... and, yeah. That's about it. biggrin.gif

'ello~! everybodys a newbie at some point, you'll get used to it in no time smile.gif

QUOTE(Wrath V @ Aug 19 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]434518[/snapback]

Hello! My name is Halle and I'm a beginner, I'm not sure if I can get used to all this stuff, but I've already understand the rules, the beginner's guide (almost everything) but Popo's Guide is a little harder to... how to say... understand and to remember... but anyways, I need to thank Tombow, and thanks a lot.
I hope that we can get along and if I commit anything very stupid, please forgive me... I will try to be better next time, ok? Thank You!!!

nyaaa nice to meet you! happy.gif ah Popo's guide...if you don't understand it just use it for reference, like if you forget how something works just look it up, thats all you really have to do, and since you read the rules ignore the bottom half of this post, thank you for doing so! smile.gif

ah: ALL N00BS AND N00BETES please read The Rules and:
Popo's guide

they can help you with how the forum works smile.gif

till next time~!
<3
Fayth Prophecy
Welcome all new members^^

Have fun and post lots, but don't spam anywhere but Spam Central. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, do that in the appropriate threads.

Read the rules like ed's numbah one fan and Tombow said and read Popo's guide, and you'll all survive your stay here...hopefully.

Have fun! And welcome once more!
Tombow
@Wrath V - Oh, good, you made it to this thread!! Welcome to the board!!
Haha, I know, we already met on other thread, but this is my official welcome!! biggrin.gif
I think you are already making verry nice start on posting on our board!!
Here are some non-FMA anime threads you might like to check out in our General anime forum... Naruto, Hellsing, Dragonball GT, Inuyasha, and Most violent anime!! biggrin.gif

And, please check out our favorite FYI threads for all forum newcomers:
The Forum Rules
They are full of useful info on posting on our board, including info on adding signature pic to your post. (Oh, and we have bunch of very talented members who can make you nice sig, too, in case you'd like to have a custom made your own signature pic!!)
If you have questions about posting on our board, post here and ask us!!
We'll try to answer as much as we know, or guide you to where you might get the answers.

Hope you'll have many happy postings!! biggrin.gif
Gadget Alchemist
Hi I'm Katrina Hallie Reyes from the Philippines

I LOVE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST! and Archer as well. i like to make fanfics and i made a sample on my signature below. pls. read it and i hope you like it!
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Wrath V
Thank you all for the welcome! And thank you Tombow to mention the sig stuff, I really would like someone who can help me make it, and there for maybe I can begin doing mine (by myself), and about Popo's Guide I've already understood some of the things that I can do, but I am afraid that something doesn't work so I haven't done anything yet... jeje...ok that's all!
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Gadget Alchemist @ Aug 20 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]434910[/snapback]

Hi I'm Katrina Hallie Reyes from the Philippines

I LOVE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST! and Archer as well. i like to make fanfics and i made a sample on my signature below. pls. read it and i hope you like it!
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Please don't use big text and there is a size limit on sigs: 300 pixles high and 500 wide.
Welcome though. If you want to preview Fanfiction we have an active Fan works forum.
Tombow
Hi Katrina (a.k.a. Gadget Alchemist) from Philippines,
Welcome to the board!! Glad you found us!! biggrin.gif
I love your board name!! laugh.gif I see you love Archer, Kimblee, and Greed. We have quite many fans of these FMA characters on our board, too!!
We have FMA Character Discussion (anime and manga) forum with Archer club thread, Crimson Alchemist fans thread, Fans of Greed thread, as well as other ineresting threads, such as, Scarist/Freakiest character, Favorite Bad Guy thread, and Second Hottest FMA guy besides Ed and Roy thread, and many more!! biggrin.gif
And, as popogeejo has mentioned (BTW, he is actually really a nice guy biggrin.gif ) since you like drawing, and writing fanfics, you might like checking out our Fanfiction forum where you can post your fanfics, and Fanart forum where you can check out fanarts of other members, and also post yours on multi-artists thread such as this thread, or open a thread to post all your artworks!!

Also, please take a moment to visit these posting guide/rules threads:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all newcomers)
They are full of useful info on posting on our board!!
If you have any questions on posting on our board, feel free to post here and ask us!!

Hope you'll have a great time on our board!! biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(Wrath V @ Aug 20 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]434949[/snapback]
... the sig stuff, I really would like someone who can help me make it, and there for maybe I can begin doing mine (by myself)
@Wrath V - Assuming you have (and familiar with) some kind of photoshop/artshop softwear (if you don't have any softwear yet, ed's numbuh 1 fan and Fayth Prophecy are very good siggie artists, and probably they can recommend you what program is the best for siggie making. smile.gif ) here is one link with page after pages of quick tutorials. It has forums too, and they may be able to help you also. smile.gif
(Oh, and don't worry if you don't catch everything on Popo's guide... biggrin.gif )
Gadget Alchemist

Thank you very much for your kindness.... im sure i'll enjoy this forum. thank you. you like my board name? thanks! i'll tell you why i called myself gadget alchemist!
Tombow
^^ That's good. I like gudgets!! biggrin.gif
Oh, BTW, if you have multiple pics side-by-side as your siggie, I believe the total length should be within 500 px wide (and 300 px high.)
Else, Mod-sama might switch them with the "black box of doom" (you know what I'm talking about... biggrin.gif )
Those might be ok, but letting you know just in case ^^
Gadget Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 21 2006, 12:34 AM) [snapback]435210[/snapback]

^^ That's good. I like gudgets!! biggrin.gif
Oh, BTW, if you have multiple pics side-by-side as your siggie, I believe the total length should be within 500 px wide (and 300 px high.)
Else, Mod-sama might switch them with the "black box of doom" (you know what I'm talking about... biggrin.gif )
Those might be ok, but letting you know just in case ^^

ok...i'll post my fanfic right away to know why i call myself gadget alchemist....and my character's confessing her feelings to archer!
Demon x
hi,my name is abdulrahman(i can be called aron which is easier to type) for real i like to discuss my intrests with people and i wish someone wouid send me a personal message (pm) or email which is DEMON.X.7@HOTMAIL.COM and for who is intrested in more information check my profile or send a pm
e-mail thank for the welcoming
sweety_pie
QUOTE('demon x')

hi,my name is abdulrahman(i can be called aron which is easier to type) for real i like to discuss my intrests with people and i wish someone wouid send me a personal message (pm) or email which is DEMON.X.7@HOTMAIL.COM and for who is intrested in more information check my profile or send a pm
e-mail thank for the welcoming

Hello. smile.gif You should read
-The Forum Rules and Guidelines.
-A beginners guide to Forum decoration.
-popos' perfect Guide To Posting.
And there's also an Instant Message thread.
Some rules you really need to know are.
NO spamming.
NO big siggies.
And don't post swear words too much.

And if you have any questions you can ask me. smile.gif
(^-^)sammyxeddy
Heee,heee my name is samjay(boyish isnt it?) i would really like to introduce myself i joined in aug.12 well actually thats my bday cool isnt it? biggrin.gif im actually a SPAMMER at first but i know now what to do what do avoid because my sis is a forum moderator in a other forum thats why i know already well im very friendly and nice if you dont want trouble and im a baptist a god believer im very nice so please be nice to me too i love all sorts of people except people that dont respect my friends, rude and well mean and a know it all (lol)

Oh And thanks gashole for making this thread it will make more people free and know things about each other keep going! happy.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Oh and Almost forget im from the phillipines MABUHAY PILLIPINAS!!! lol sorry

Oh about my avatar if you already have one like that im very sorry i just picked it up in a yahoo search(images) sorry
The Alchemist of Eternity
hey i'm new here

i was introduced to Fullmetal Alchemist by my friend and since then i've been hooked about all of the stuff

i bought some of the manga and watches the show on adultswim

my fav character is so Ed or one of the homunculus's

its a nice place here
Tombow
@Gadget Alchemist - Ok. smile.gif

Hi Abdul Rahman (a.k.a. demon x), and samjay (a.k.a. (^-^)sammyxeddy), and
The Alchemist of Eternity, welcome to the board!! Glad you found us!! biggrin.gif

@demon x - If you're interested, you can post on Forum family thread, and ask someone to be your forum family?? biggrin.gif

@(^-^)sammyxeddy - Happy (belated) 12th Birthday!! biggrin.gif
Oh, but, using attachment as your sig pic is a NO-NO here.
I'm going to post below how you can add sig to your post in proper way. smile.gif

@The Alchemist of Eternity- Nice to have another FMA manga fan!!
Our FMA manga forum is very good, too. Check it out!! smile.gif

And, of couse, everyone, please join our discussions on your fav FMA character threads in our FMA Charcter discussion forum!!

Also, please take your time to visit these posting guide/rules threads:
The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all newcomers)
The Beginnerīs Guide to Forum Decorum (Very useful guide!!)
They are full of useful info on posting on our board, including info on adding avatar and sig pics.

Hope you all have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: Here is how to PROPERLY add signature pics to your post: biggrin.gif

*If you already have the sig pic saved on your computer, please proceed to "My Controls", "Edit signature"...
*If not, right click on the sig image, and choose "Save image as... " (or something like that) and save the pic to your computer first.

*Next, upload it from your computer to Photobucket (need to register, but FREE) or ImageShack (no need to register) or some other on-line image hosting account of your choice, then use the pic's URL from there as your URL for the sig.

*Then, proceed to "My Controls" (found on upper right of this page), "Edit signature" (found on left side of page), and using the image function...
CODE
[image]URL of your sig pic[/image]
You put this line in your sig editing space, then hit "Update my Signature".

That should work, I think...
If you run into some problem, post and let us know. ^^

Also, if you like, we have talented members who can make you a custom made sig for you!! happy.gif
Freya_Elric
Uhmm............Hi my name is Marynett But my friends call me isay or freya-chan (i don't know why they call me that) i just see this webpage in my friend pc and i like you're homepage so i join cause i like FMA too.
Tombow
Hi freya-chan from Philippines,
WELCOME to the forums!!
Wow, we just had few more new members from Philippines recently, I think.
Glad you decided to join us!! biggrin.gif

Seems you're making a nice start on posting on our board already!!
Although it's little old, if you're interested in what others wrote, here is our Yakitate Japan thread. biggrin.gif

The Forum Rules (MUST READ for all newcomers) and

Hope you have many happy postings!! biggrin.gif
Gadget Alchemist
QUOTE(freya-chan @ Aug 22 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]435688[/snapback]

Uhmm............Hi my name is Marynett But my friends call me isay or freya-chan (i don't know why they call me that) i just see this webpage in my friend pc and i like you're homepage so i join cause i like FMA too.

Hi Freya-chan! Im also from the phillipines! how are you? ^^
dreximgirl
Hi!

I'm new here so thought I would introduce myself (im still finding my way around the forum)

Im 23 from the UK and ive seen all of the FMA series and the movie. I feel in love with Roy/Riza and am now totally addicted to anything to do with them. I have all of the manga that has been released so far (up to vol 8) and I am loving the Royai implications - so many more moments than in the anime hehe

Think thats about it - feel free to ask me any questions. I hope to make new friends here - i dont bite and im really friendly :-)

Lis x
Sharingan Serpent
Hello Dremix Girl and welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy yourself and please don't spam while you're here, also if you need any help please ask a Mod or another member with a higher rank... hope you enjoy yourself happy.gif

@Tombow - I am back on official duty Master Alchemist biggrin.gif
Tombow
Hi dreximgirl - I'm glad you found this forum!!
Yap, we already met on other threads, but this is my official "WELCOME to the borad!!" biggrin.gif
You're from UK?? Great!!
We've been talking about wanting to have more active posters from UK.
We have some awsome members from UK, too.
Hope you're going to like it here!! biggrin.gif

I'm sure you already know this, but these are the links to our various forums: Forums home page.
We have very active FMA manga forum, with lots of good stuff!! smile.gif
And, since you already saw the FMA movie, you might be interested in FMA "Shambara" movie forum also.
And, you have to check out our Royai thread!!!! It's full of Royainess!! biggrin.gif

Hope you have a super awsome time on our board!! biggrin.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Greeneyes Alchemist - Oh, that's awsome!! Really nice having you here!! Thanks!! happy.gif
irridescentsong
Heh-loh! (Tombow, I told you that I would say that...) ...or just hi! (Contains some cursing, so all you under-13-year-olds beware! I'll let you know ahead of time, because I'm nice and fair like that...No, I just don't want you to sue my pants off...)

About me...
I'm †Aeris of Iniquity†, though people just call me Aeris, or Ae-chan. Hee hee!
Um... more information about me...
I'm 17 (just turned), and I live in the U.S. (Southern California to be more precise).
I'm a Senior in high school, and I'm also in the Air Force's Delayed Entry Program (DEP).
I like yaoi, and I ship RoyxEd, so be warned. I also ship Elricest, and just about Royx anyone or Edxanyone within the yaoi genre.
I also like yuri, and I ship WinryxSchiezka, so be doubly warned. (Schiezka and Roy are my favorite characters.)

About the series...
I got introduced to the series by my girlfriend, about two years ago. It quickly became one of my favorites.
I like both the anime and the manga, but prefer the manga to everything. (It covers more than the anime, and it's more interesting, IHMO.)
I have seen the whole series, and the movie (though it was not subbed.)
I own both of the games (Akaki Elixir no Akuma and Tobenai Tenshi.)
I like the subbed version better than the dubbed version.
I really really really dislike the casting for the American dub. (Vic was too old, but Aaron was close enough. Roy sounded too old... *whines*)
I've seen the second half in both Japanese and English.
I'm up to Chapter 50 of the scanalated version of the manga.
I use 'Hagaren' rather than 'FMA'.

Things that tick me off about the American fangirls
And in bold and CapsLock for that matter too: THIS PART CONTAINS CURSING! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ, AND PLEASE SCROLL DOWN!
(Taken from Demidevi's rant on LJ, and because I totally agree with her)

I could go on for hours on end about this, I really could. I won't, to save your poor eyes. ^^;; So, a few of the more wankier things(now in CAPSLOCK OF RAGE):

1.) INABILITY TO SPELL: This also includes INABILITY TO DISCERN CHATSPEAK FROM NETSPEAK FROM PROPA ENGLISH FROM THE BLOODY FUCKING ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. Seriously, spellcheck, dears. And beta-readers. @.@ Though none of those things, admittedly, can save you from stupidity. *pat*

2.) omg thier so hawt!1!!1 Just because you're a vapid twat who lacks emotionality doesn't mean that other people don't have it. And quite frankly, if a two-dimensional anime character has more of a personality than you do, then I seriously wonder.

3.) "BNFS ARE SONS OF BITCHES! *MEAN* SONS OF BITCHES!": This is the reason why I backpedal away from praise so much. (Also, I just plain don't believe it. tongue.gif There's no way in hell I own that many souls - otherwise the jar would be full and I could take it to the SoulStar. XD) Because BNFs in fanfiction are almost ALWAYS considered to be wanky and beat down OMG POOR PATHETIC STRUGGLING AUTHORS WHO WRITE THE *BEST* ED X OC STORIES EVER! a dime a dozen. ^^;; When actually, it's their minions who are doing the beatdowns, and not even at their behest. When someone with half a brain corrects a [insert pairing here] badfic writer on their faults, they automatically become a target of "shithead ur elist" and "omg meenie leave her alon ur jus jelous". Which hurts. Badly.

4.) Canon-Rape: Ah, I discovered Fanfiction.Net and was privy to a whole new sort of FMA fanfiction hell: CANON-RAPE. Featuring giggling!Roy, suicidal!Ed, unrealisticdreamlikedrugusageresembling!s
ex, and more neko!Ed fics than you can shake a stick at. @.@ They also use SLANG. AMERICAN slang. Of all things. "Yo" is forgiveable because the Japanese use it, too. But I swear, if I see one more "yo, dog" in fanfic...wait. O.o That goes along with the dog jokes wankery, doesn't it? wink.gif Whoops, my bad. But come on. Havoc is never going to accuse Hawkeye of busting a cap in anyone's ass as hilarious though that would be, though.

Also, Ed is not (latently) suicidal, and probably wouldn't want Roy to hug him anyway, even if he was. As a matter of fact, I think he'd just...you know, pull the trigger, or press the blade in deeper, or swallow the pills...what have you, then. XD;;

5.) Teh OMGAWD hawt sex: I'm pretty sure I like fandom porn just because it doesn't deal with the nitty gritty. Yum.

On that note, sex is not ponies and dreamboats and hallucinogenic rainbow roads made to rival that of a Super Mario game, either. Not even in fandom. OTP unrealistic!sex!fic kills teh Demidevi slowly, and more than likely with a spoon. I'm not going to tell the fangirls all sorts of details about it, but I always advise first-time porno writers to READ lots of porn first before attempting. Lots. I don't mean, one or two stories by the same person. Loads, and my loads of authors. Then you can sort of get a vicarious feel for the whole thing.

I think virgins can write some really sexy porn. That also features realism!, which is rarely seen in fangirl!fic. sad.gif

6.) Het sucks. No seriously, it does: Yeah, this speaks for itself. Het pairings are not the lamest thing to be spawned in the lamest hole at the lamest center of everything that is lame in the lamest known universe. Lame. Fangirls lose in that aspect.

Admittedly, Roy X Ed fangirls are some of the worst... ^^;; They have an inherent inability to accept any other pairings in the fandom, even if they are other yaoi pairings, and they start all sorts of Winry-hating groups and even go so far as to defame female characters in fanfics, which always gets the thumbs-down from me. *insert angry face here*

It's fine if you don't ship other pairings, it really is. Because I understand that yaoi isn't everyone's beef, and that for some people, even LIKING the OTP to begin with is a huge step for them... But I don't like people who go out of their way to turn everything they see into a prime example for OMG HIDDEN ROY X ED SUBTEXT and to bash het fans. In general, those types lose. sad.gif

[On that note: END OF CURSING]

I own the following:
-Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga) Vol. 1 - Vol. 6
-Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles
-Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guide Book Vol. 2 (Hong Kong edition)
-TV Animation Fullmetal Alchemist Official Fanbook Vol. 2 - Vol. 4 (Hong Kong editions)
-Fullmetal Alchemist Postcard Book (1 and 2)
-The Art of Fullmetal Alchemist (American Edition)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (the anime) Vol. 5: The Cost of Living
-(reserved) Fullmetal Alchemist the movie: The Conqueror of Shamballa (comes out 12 Sept 06)

Hagaren music I have:
Hagaren Song File: Edward Elric
Hagaren Song File: Roy Mustang
Hagaren Song File: Alphonse Elric
Hagaren Song File: Maes Hughes
Hagaren Song File: Winry Rockbell
...and others though I can't think right now...

Questions concerning the series?
Ask me! While I'm not a BNF (not even close, sorry), I do know pretty much all about the series. And if I don't know the answer to your question, I'll look for the answer and give it to you. Feel free to shoot me a PM if anything bugs you, or something like that. And look for my "Dear Schiezka" thread (coming soon, I hope!), where good ol' librarian Schiezka will answer your questions!

Thank you and that is all! *gracefully bows out*
phoenix dying
[face plants]

its too much damm typing...ack

irridescentsong
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Aug 23 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]436457[/snapback]

[face plants]

its too much damm typing...ack

Sorry. I get very incensed about certain things, and American dubby fangirls are one of those things.
Tombow
Whoa, that was one of the longest "hi" posts I've ever seen!! laugh.gif
*coughYouPostedTheSameContentTwicecough*

Ahem....

Hi irridescentsong from South California, welcome to the board!!
Glad you found our board!! biggrin.gif

First off, please take a moment to visit these posting guide/rules threads:

Next, more FYI:
In case you'd be interested... here is the "spoiler" tag code:
CODE
[spoiler]content[/spoiler]
and, when posted, it looks like this[spoiler]content[/spoiler]
And now those are out of way...
Here are some other threads/forums you might be interested:
(though you probably know many of them already biggrin.gif)
General Anime forum
General manga forum
Since you had seen the "Shambara" movie, FMA movie forum
FMA anime forum with some interesting threads such as: Japanese vs English, and Do You Hate What Bones Did to FMA?, and many more...
(BTW, we already have two FMA Q&A threads in this forum, so "Ask Schiezka" thread, if opened, will be probably considered as a duplicate thread, but I'm excited to have a new "resident FMA expert" on those FMA Q&A threads!! smile.gif )
FMA manga forum where we are currently following chapter 62, the latest chapter.
FMA game forum
FMA music forum
FMA character discussion (both anime and manga) forum, with threads such as: Yaoi poll, EdxAl, FMA Homosexual coupling, EdxRoy, HeixEd, EdxRoy Fan list, Edx?? poll, Why Does Everyone Hate Winry and/or Edwin?, Royx?? poll, Ed and fangirls, FMA shonenai, ans so on!! laugh.gif
And, finally, since you like drawing fanarts, here is the link for our Fanart forum!! ....Whew!! biggrin.gif

(Oh, and... no, we don't have "Librarian" rank. Sorry!! biggrin.gif )

Hope you have wonderful time on our board!! biggrin.gif
James James
Heya, everybody! ;D I'm James James, and I've only recently started watching FMA but I love it already. I'm from good ol' England, (Liverpool, actually.) and I'm about 15 years old. I really, really suck at these first post things so I'll just stick to that. *nervous laugh* I'm still watching the episodes, so for now, I guess I'll just start lurking about here until I've seen the episodes and read the manga. ;D

*lurks*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.