Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
Luke Groundwalker
Okay, just to tell ya, bettermanlamia, if you're a n00b then don't be comming to these forums. Why? Because a n00b has a way different meaning than 'newb (or newbie)'. Being a n00b is a bad thing; it means your stupid, annoy, and you don't follow the rules even when warned many times. Here's a wikipedia article for some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N00b

A matter of fact, I'll quote the article:
Newb and noob may have somewhat different connotations. Newbs are simply newcomers—noob and n00b, on the other hand, generally means someone who is obnoxious, annoying, or breaks the rules; whether they are actual newcomers or not is mostly irrelevant. Therefore, a noob may be someone who has been around for a time but still engages in behavior that he or she should have learned is unacceptable. Noobs are generally confident in what they are doing, but in reality are annoying others. "Newb" is not necessarily an insulting word, but "noob" is.

More experienced players are often encouraged to give friendly advice and help to Newbs, to support them as they tackle the learning curve of whichever game they're playing, and some game servers are set up explicitly for the purpose of allowing Newbs to gain experience before entering more competitive environments.

"Noob" can also mean a person who claims to know a lot about a subject but in truth does not. It was first used in hacker groups on the BBS chat systems in the 1980s. It is important to note that noob and newb are not necessarily interchangeable. Many times the term noob or n00b will be used by veterans to degrade a user for their lack of knowledge, or claims to know more than they truely do.

Recently, the spelling noob has been used more interchangeably with "newb", however, and is being used in a more joking manner, usually among friends and users on good terms when one user makes a mistake that most veterans would know better not to do, whereas a "newb" or "noob" wouldn't know better. For example, in the computer sense, a user on a bulletin board may call a veteran user as a noob in a joking manner because they didn't search for a topic currently open with the same discussion before posting a discussion of their own.

In online gaming, the term is also often used as a general insult. Frustrated players on the losing team may refer to the winning team as noobs. In this case there is no actual connotation of newness meant; the word is simply being used as an insult. By the same token, members of a dominating team may use the term "noobs" (n00bs) to further frustrate their opposition by implying a general lack of skill on the losing team's part, such as "camping" (staying in the general vicinity for an extended period of time) or wastefully firing at a wall. Noob might also be used by veteran players to criticize cheap tactics or overusage of unbalanced weaponry. E.g., in an online team game where friendly fire is turned off, a noob "tactic" would be to overuse explosives in cramped areas around fellow teammates. Noob also specifically applies in games where team-play is important, and the players choose to completely ignore the team structure and goals. Noob has been increasingly used on the X-Box/PC games in the Halo series to refer to players who primarily use vehicles to kill their opponents. In this case, it is used as a derogatory term, to infer that the player's skill is limited to the usage of a vehicle, instead of using more tactical or complicated methods against the enemy.

Hope that helps. I don't want you to think you're a n00b, that's all.

And, to top this post all off, welcome siner, Empathy, and bettermanlamia. smile.gif Have a good time, and like everyone else says to ya, follow the rules.
Fayth Prophecy
True that, Luke. Just be careful where and what you call yourself when on forums. A lot of people don't like n00bs. They annoy those that dispise n00bs, and might even attack them...not really. But it's like what Luke said, there's a difference. But welcome anyway.
Tombow
Hi bettermanlamia,
Welcome to our board!!
Follow this great guide to all forum members, (but especially for all newcomers ) biggrin.gif
and, hope you have a great time on our board!! smile.gif
Genesis_Alchemist
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jan 22 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]341404[/snapback]
Sup, Genesis_Alchemist?

Not much, not much. Mostly school. With a little bit of forum-browsing too...

It's funny; this thread seems to be designed for indoctrination.

"Read the rules!" "Check your spelling!" "Behave yourselves!"

And I love the constant subliminal message of "Fear the Mods; they're your new gods. Respect and worship, or be struck down." Serious brainwashing, guys. But I guess you have to hit the newbies quick before we embarrass ourselves. rolleyes.gif

But I assure you; I'll behave. I went through all the rule topics before I made my first post (because I'm just anal-retentive like that).

And besides, I'm an old geezer around here...I look around and I see tons of kids in their mid-teens. Man, I feel old. But the way I see it, if I'm going to feel ancient, I might as well set a good example. happy.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 24 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]342346[/snapback]

I love people who catch on fast.

And I love the constant subliminal message of "Fear the Mods; they're your new gods. Respect and worship, or be struck down." Serious brainwashing, guys. But I guess you have to hit the newbies quick before we embarrass ourselves. rolleyes.gif

Certainly. Problem prevention is a wonderful thing that keeps the work load down. smile.gif

And besides, I'm an old geezer around here...I look around and I see tons of kids in their mid-teens. Man, I feel old. But the way I see it, if I'm going to feel ancient, I might as well set a good example. happy.gif

You, an old geezer? biggrin.gif I'm older than you. tongue.gif I suppose you are right, though, when you take in the ratio of active members. Do watch out for some of the older members, although, most of us are pretty nice when not ticked off. smile.gif
skyler
i just joined a couple minutes ago and i like to roleplay and my fav chari on fma would have to be havoc he's so cool but i also like neon evangilon,naruto and dnangel
Tombow
Hi skyler,
Welcome to our board!!
Havoc is one of my fav character also!! Nice to have you with us!!
Follow this helpful guide to newcomers, and hope you have a great time with us!! smile.gif

QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 24 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]342346[/snapback]

Of course!! They are the gods and godesses!! XDDDD

Seriously, I have my sincere respects for our Mods, for keeping this place as nice, as free, as fun, as informative (and so much more) place to be. That's not an easy job, especially with so many young members, (and old and opinionated members) on our board. smile.gif
*~vachi~*
ummm, WELCOME skyler!!! biggrin.gif just follow the forum rules and enjoy!!!
And Havoc is pretty awesome!! yay!! smile.gif
See you later! wink.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(bettermanlamia @ Jan 23 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]341976[/snapback]

Yeah im new! yea a n00b happy.gif;;
me from
OHIO,USA
and im 16 (yea teenager)
and i have a girlfriend (i really do, and i love to say that)
happy.gif and i have a tagworld (tagworld.com/inuyashakagome13 ...its under renavation right now but still kewl)
I love anime, FMA tenchi muyo, Crest of the stars Etc.

ara! yay another ohion!!! brings tears to mah eyes *sniff* *sniff* i think i need a tissue X3
welcome to the forums *sniff* hope you *sniff* have a wonderful time *sniff* and pwease read teh rules =3

QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 24 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]342346[/snapback]

yup! or bored people who have nothing to do the they start a cult and call it the I.E.P.W rolleyes.gif

And I love the constant subliminal message of "Fear the Mods; they're your new gods. Respect and worship, or be struck down." Serious brainwashing, guys.

they are your gods O_O worship them!! give them money! anything!!or give me money!!!! X3 either way ish fine tongue.gif

*is wondering how old you really are huh.gif *

QUOTE(skyler @ Jan 24 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]342415[/snapback]

i just joined a couple minutes ago and i like to roleplay and my fav chari on fma would have to be havoc he's so cool but i also like neon evangilon,naruto and dnangel

those anime are pretty good i've watched them before exept dn-angel, i REALLY want to see that one but can't find the dvd's anywhere sad.gif anyway as i already said please read teh rules, don't spam and be good! XP
ChocolateAlchemist
teehee

*introduces self*

yeah im a n00b too from illinois
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(ChocolateAlchemist @ Jan 24 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]342552[/snapback]

teehee

*introduces self*

yeah im a n00b too from illinois

hellooo! your username makes me hungry =_=
anyway read teh rules which can be found in the the red box at the top of your screen and if you need any help with something i would be happy to help you smile.gif
Tombow
Hi ChocolateAlchemist,
Welcome to our board!!
I love your ID!! biggrin.gif
Follow this great guide to all forum members, (but especially for all newcomers )
Fayth Prophecy
Welcome all forum newbies^^
Follow the rules and you will be loved. Also listen to the mods and other senior forum members.
Jamal Mana Alchemist
I'm New and I've seen Episodes 1-16 Greet Me!
*~vachi~*
Hi and welcome Jamal Mana Alchemist and ChocolateAlchemist!! biggrin.gif
Just read the forum rules and have fun! See you!
Jamal Mana Alchemist, good to know you like the anime!! and interesting name! smile.gif
Tombow
Hi Jamal Mana Alchemist,
Welcome to our board!! smile.gif
Beautiful sounding ID (sounds almost Arabic or Farci!! biggrin.gif )
If you are up to episode 16, then you have lots more exciting FMA episodes ahead of you!!
Follow the forum rulles, and hope you have a great time with us!!
Genesis_Alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 24 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]342375[/snapback]
You, an old geezer? biggrin.gif I'm older than you. tongue.gif

Heh, yeah...I suppose you are. By about seven months. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 24 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]342419[/snapback]
Seriously, I have my sincere respects for our Mods, for keeping this place as nice, as free, as fun, as informative (and so much more) place to be. That's not an easy job, especially with so many young members, (and old and opinionated members) on our board. smile.gif

Yeah, trust me; I know how hard a Mod's job is...This isn't my first forum experience, so you could say that I've been around and I've seen things get pretty ugly....

QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Jan 24 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]342436[/snapback]

I'm nineteen years old; I mentioned that in my introductory post, but those little details tend to be overlooked anyway. And besides, you can't be expected to read every single person's first post, so no worries. smile.gif
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 24 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]342346[/snapback]

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jan 22 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]341404[/snapback]
Sup, Genesis_Alchemist?

Not much, not much. Mostly school. With a little bit of forum-browsing too...

That's good. School is a perfect priority to put in place. Though I am a heavy procrastinator. D:

Discipline has always been my weakest areas. I would ask an admin to ban me from these forums til summer break, but I'll just deal with it. Hope you become a mod. cool.gif
Luke Groundwalker
Not to sound like I'm renting a mod, Genesis_Alchemist, but this is a welcome thread that welcomes newbies, not a disscussion thread where you have long, unnecessary disscussions. >>;;;

Anyways, welcome, ChocolateAlchemist and Jamal Mana Alchemist. happy.gif Read the rules, don't break them, and make your post worthy enough to be considered awesome. smile.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Luke Groundwalker @ Jan 25 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]343105[/snapback]

Not to sound like I'm renting a mod, Genesis_Alchemist, but this is a welcome thread that welcomes newbies, not a disscussion thread where you have long, unnecessary disscussions. >>;;;

You don't sound like you're renting a mod. Go ahead, say that. Gives mods less work. tongue.gif
-Greed-san
Hello!

I'm a noob!!!
*holds up a "noob" flag*
heh....Anyway,...I just joined this site today,.. within the past hour actually..... ^^;

I am the biggest Greed fan in the world!!!!!!
XD

I'm 15, from Michigan, and a Sophmore in high school
......and I'm usually shy, ..but once you get me going I nver shut up...

^^;;

Nice to meet everyone! *waves*
Tombow
Hi -Greed-san,
Welcome to our board!!
I love Greed, too!! We have lots of Greed fans on our board. We even have a thread for Greed fans also. Love to see your post there!! biggrin.gif
Follow this great guide to all forum members, (but especially for all newcomers )
Zarpia
Oh my. We have lots of new members happy.gif . Just make sure you read the rules and be nice to everyone.
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 25 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]343048[/snapback]
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Jan 24 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]342436[/snapback]
I'm nineteen years old; I mentioned that in my introductory post, but those little details tend to be overlooked anyway. And besides, you can't be expected to read every single person's first post, so no worries. smile.gif
So, only I do that? >D That's true I suppose. rolleyes.gif

Welcome bettermanlamia, Skyler ChocolateAlchemist and Greed-San.
First of all congrats on joining. Please take a few moments to read over the Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum, and you'll save yourself embarrassment. smile.gif
Alchemic Boom
Heya, I'm another newbie here!

My name is Ari and I'm one of the rare species of Archer Fangirls. Notice the badly made avatar and signature. Hope I'm not the only one!

I've only just really gotten into Full Metal Alchemist and have seen only some of the anime... I'm hoping to expand my knowledge on the manga and rest of the series soon. I'm 13(though sadly I know much more than I should at the time...) and from Chicago.

Hope to meet some friends! Or insert other cheesey newb making first post line. Actually, I hope to rant with fellow fans. ^^;;
Tombow
Welcome to our board Alchemic Boom!!
Wow, Archer fangirl!! That's rare indeed!!
It's good to have fans of all FMA characters, including Archer fan!! biggrin.gif
Follow this AWSOME GUIDE to all forum members, (especially for all newcomers!!)
Smoke Alchemist
Welcome...Glad to have new people on board!
darkalcumist
QUOTE(Cloudx @ Oct 19 2004, 01:39 PM) [snapback]28779[/snapback]

hi... i'm new... from... SanAntonio,Tx.... 18.... see ya

Hi I am to 15 studying alchemy i am going to be the best alchemist there is biggrin.gif laugh.gif smile.gif wink.gif
Tombow
Hi darkalcumist,
Welcome to our board!!
I can't help you with your alchemy study, but this is Awsome Posting Guide for all forum members, (especially for all newcomers!!)
Hope you have a great time with us!! smile.gif
FullMetalFan#1
Hello im new im from California Im 15 and i just love Full Metal Alchemist isnt it the best show ever besides naruto and zb.
Tombow
Welocme to our board FullMetalFan#1!!
(Yap, we just met in general video forum.) biggrin.gif

We have many forums on this board, and for discussions on FMA anime episodes on Adult Swim, you can check out our FMA anime on Adult Swim sub-forum. smile.gif

Also, check out this Helpful posting guide to all forum members, (especially, all newcomers)
Molecular Alchemist
Howdy all you new people out there!! (I haven't been here in a while, and there are too many of you to name, so here's a mass greeting) smile.gif Just listen to the forum mods, follow what Tombow said (he know's how to set you guys off on the right foot), and have a jolly good time posting happy.gif
Jamal Mana Alchemist
Hey thanks everyone but I'll tell whats annoying being an English FMA fan I can only watch the European DVDs and they havn't even realesed volume 5 yet sleep.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
Welcome to the boards Alchemic Boom, darkalcumist, FullMetalFan#1, and Jamal Mana Alchemist.
Have fun, don't spam, and read the link that lovely Tombow has posted. smile.gif

Btw, I'm pretty sure that I've seen darkalcumist post before now. blink.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Riza-Hawkeye @ Jan 28 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]344263[/snapback]

Btw, I'm pretty sure that I've seen darkalcumist post before now. blink.gif

Uhh...I was thinking the same thing...hmmm unsure.gif

Welcome to the forum all you newbies out there!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ehheheheh hi~a newpeople! very late with the welcomes =_=;; as people said before read the rules don't spam and be good tongue.gif and if you have any questions i'd be happy to help you and i'm sure other people could help you to so don't be afraid to pm anyone smile.gif
Edward Of Shambala
Um, Hi, I'm Edward Of Shambala, but my real name's Joey, I've seen up to episode 40 of the Anime, and only up to chapter 2 of the Manga, I hope I willenjoy it here, and I will read the rules as soon as this has been posted up. Well, see 'ya for now! Oh wait! My favourite charecter is either Ed or Winry. *Squeeks*
Tombow
Hi Edward Of Shambala,
Welcome to our board!!
Nice to have you with us!!

And, to any Chinese/non Chinese friends on our board...

Happy Chinese New Year!!
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(Edward Of Shambala @ Jan 29 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]344555[/snapback]
Um, Hi, I'm Edward Of Shambala, but my real name's Joey, I've seen up to episode 40 of the Anime, and only up to chapter 2 of the Manga, I hope I willenjoy it here, and I will read the rules as soon as this has been posted up. Well, see 'ya for now! Oh wait! My favourite charecter is either Ed or Winry. *Squeeks*
'A Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum.' Hello!! Have fun, mind the mods for as adorable Tombow has said, 'They are your new gods and godesses!!'
Oh yah, don't spam much.
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 29 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]344601[/snapback]
Happy Chinese New Year!!
Have I told you I wub.gif your new Ava/sig set?
~*Lady_Solange*~
Hi everyone!
I'm a long time lurker (very long) and I've decided to register.
Huge Anime fan and a new fanfic writer. And I draw fanart (sometimes). biggrin.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(~*Lady_Solange*~ @ Jan 29 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]344613[/snapback]
Hi everyone!
Huge Anime fan and a new fanfic writer. And I draw fanart (sometimes). biggrin.gif

Welcome hun!! smile.gif
Take a look at the post above and kindly click on the link. It'll help you understand somethings around this board.
Post your fanfics!! Post your fanart!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Edward Of Shambala @ Jan 29 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]344555[/snapback]

nice screen name happy.gif the rules are in the red box at the top of your screen and are also in every topic catagory smile.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 29 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]344601[/snapback]

Happy Chinese New Year!!

i'm not chinese but Happy Chinese new year to you too! smile.gif i <3 your sig and avi! you have much creativity! ohmy.gif

QUOTE(~*Lady_Solange*~ @ Jan 29 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]344613[/snapback]

Hi everyone!

oooooo i'd lurve very much if you would post them! i'm not that harsh on people so you'll get good comments from me! laugh.gif just comment on my fanart too!!! ;-D and btw read the rules if you have not already done so be good ^^ and don't spam!! happy.gif or the mods will all beat you with sticks! laugh.gif
DZBrick6
Greetings all newcomers, enjoy your stay, and since I'm horribly late with most of y'all, I'll not repeat what's already been posted other than that. Wow, I really haven't been around here much as of late...seems I've missed quite a bit...
Wasabi Alchemist
Hello! I'm Wasabi Alchemist. Yeah..... I am a huge anime/manga fan and also a fan of video games... I love Fullmetal Alchemist (Favorite anime and manga... XDDDDD)....... Also, I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts. ><><>< Well, I hope to get to know a lot of you guys! ><><><
Tombow
Hi ~*Lady_Solange*~,
Welcome to our board!!
I'm so glad you decided to register!!
Some of the ladies/dudes who welcome you here are also wonderful fanartists, and I bet you'll love to check out our Fanworks (Fanfic/Fanart) forum!! smile.gif
Follow the forum rules, and hope you have a great time with us!!

Welcome Wasabi Alchemist!!
I totally dig your ID!! (Makes me hungry for sushi!!) biggrin.gif
We have FMA anime forum, FMA manga forum, general anime forum, general manga forum, FMA game forum, general game forum, among others!! biggrin.gif
Mind forum rules, and happy posting!! smile.gif

@ed's numbuh 1 fan & Riza-Hawkeye - Thank you!! *hugs ed's numbuh 1 fan & Riza-Hawkeye* happy.gif
pineapple4brains
I'm from california and saw this site from someone on some other forum and I just started watching FMA(5th dvd and haven't started the manga sad.gif )and I decided to join...

hi i guess.
Tombow
Hi pineapple4brains,
Welcome to our board!!
Nice unique ID!! And, I love your Totoro kitty-bus avatar!!
I'm glad you decided to join us.
Follow this helpful posting guide for all members, (especially for newcomers)
and hope you have a great time on our board!! smile.gif
pineapple4brains
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 31 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]345178[/snapback]

Hi pineapple4brains,
Welcome to our board!!
Nice unique ID!! And, I love your Totoro kitty-bus avatar!!
I'm glad you decided to join us.
Follow this helpful posting guide for all members, (especially for newcomers)
and hope you have a great time on our board!! smile.gif

Thanks!

I don't know what my id is and I didn't find any info on it sad.gif

The grammar police sound scary...I don't like grammar...
Tombow
^^ pineapple4brains, your avatar is from Hayao Miyazaki's anime movie "My Neighbor Totoro." It's a transportation system/public bus for the spirit forest, and it's a big kitty with the room for passengers inside. Yap, I love the movie very much!! smile.gif
If you're interested, (in the U.S.,) TCM (Turner Classic Movie channel) aired this movie on TV recently, along with other Hayao Miyazaki anime movies, like Spirited Away and Princess Monooke, and I believe Cartoon Network is going to air some of them again in February. smile.gif

And, no need to fear GP. I think you're doing great. biggrin.gif
Besides, they are actually very nice people, and they mostly catch trafic (posting) violators, like spam posting, etc. smile.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 31 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]345154[/snapback]
@ed's numbuh 1 fan & Riza-Hawkeye - Thank you!! *hugs ed's numbuh 1 fan & Riza-Hawkeye* happy.gif
You're welcome!! biggrin.gif

Welcome Wasabi Alchemist and Pineapple4brains!!
Please clik on the link Tombow has posted.
Have fun. Mind the Mods. Don't spam. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.