Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newcomers, Please Say "hello" Here! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Welcome New Member
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148
Falling_Man
QUOTE(zarpia @ May 22 2005, 09:36 PM)
WELCOME!!!!....Yoshi, we like FMA here too laugh.gif  have fun, and be good to everyone that everyone will be good to you....don't forget to read the beginners guide.
[snapback]177785[/snapback]

Right... what zarpia said. If you're especially bad and overall annoying, we'll watch while some older members will chew out and attempt to severally injure you. Special cases will get the infamous whip. Be a good and obediant, and reap the good times. Enjoy your time here, regardless of how it is.
Owarinai Yume
Hello I am new here wink.gif

I am 13

I live in wyoming

I am a 7th grader
YoshiCat1
I was good and I read the beginners guide! (Seems some of the rules were just common sense. Guess some people don't get forum etiquette? blink.gif ) And I'll be nice here; I don't really want to make enemies. And hello other fellow newcomers!
alchemist x
Good for you Yoshi. That is the first step to becoming a respected poster.

Welcome yume, I am 13 too. Don't you think you should be in 8th grade though?
Elderberry
Youkoso ne, Zidian-san, Yume-kun, and Yoshi-san! happy.gif *bows*

Heh, I think I am one of those said "older members" here...biggrin.gif *waves foil around cheerfully*
Zidan_chan
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 24 2005, 03:21 AM)
Youkoso ne, Zidian-san, Yume-kun, and Yoshi-san! happy.gif *bows*

Heh, I think I am one of those said "older members" here...biggrin.gif  *waves foil around cheerfully*
[snapback]178540[/snapback]

happy.gif Hajimemashite Elderberry!
Fresh_Coffee
I remember back in the good old days when I was a hopeless newbie. :3 mm I didn't even visit open chat I was mainly in the fma forum until... a couple months ago.
alchemist x
It took me a whole month to figure out what goes in spam central and Open chat. lol

Ahh the old days.
kanakage34012
HI! I just joined yesterday, I think, and I think that this is a neat idea...I love SCAR blink.gif ...sorry, randomness, gotta love it... Well, talk with all of you later.
mei_tenshi
Welcome everyone! Enjoy your stay here, just keep in mind that spam belongs in Spam Central, and if you leave it elsewhere, a contingent of more-than-eager n00b-killers would love to bash your posts to smithereens.

Have fun! biggrin.gif
YoshiCat1
Yoroshiku, Elderberry. happy.gif (Wow, I'm still adding stuff in this forum?) And that's cool that you like Scar, kanakage34012! I've only seen a handful of Scar fans. (Compared with all the Ed/Roy fangirls)
Rikku
Hi i'm really, seriously, new to this

(i don't know how to do the avatars yet unsure.gif )

it's sad, i know, anyway I've watched FMA since...the first episode
but i am still new to basically all anime i've only watched on or two other animes
that aren't completely american. also i'm always up for a chat or advise or whatever!! laugh.gif
alchemist x
Cool, Welcome to our forum community. Hope you have a nice stay and go read the Forum decorum.
Rikku
P.S.
i am a major fans of Ed, Roy, and for some reasonthat i can't quite explaine
Scar rolleyes.gif
Amaki
Hello, I new here lol, but I'm a big fan of the show...(like everyone else said lol) but ya, I watch all kinds of anime, and I play all kinds of Video games, and Maybe you've seen me around before... I belong to many forums, and well I also play Final Fantasy XI if anyone cares... (user name is Amaki, Server is Phoenix) and well thats my intro...

The FMA Characters I like: Well theres too many to say but my friends say I act like Ed alot (even thought I'm not short) and well I like Ed, Roy, Al, Armstrong, Scar... and about the post before... scar has this cool nice to him different from roys... and thats way he's sooo cool ...
Falling_Man
Welcome all. *hands out Pocky and ramen* Please read the forum rules and the Forum Decorum thread. Also...

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ May 24 2005, 08:26 PM)
Welcome everyone! Enjoy your stay here, just keep in mind that spam belongs in Spam Central, and if you leave it elsewhere, a contingent of more-than-eager n00b-killers would love to bash your posts to smithereens.
[snapback]178916[/snapback]

Please note that aside from the post scrutinizing, you may be indirectly harmed by older members who have a desire to keep this place clean or are just irritated by n00bs.

Enjoy your time here on the forum.
Koori
Greetings All!

Before I get to introductions the important stuff first:

Thank you so much for the ďA Beginnerís Guide to Forum DecorumĒ a lot is common knowledge but it did lead me to post here instead of starting random thread and being called nasty bad things.

And a huge thank you to the mastermind(s) behind www.fullmetal-alchemist.com Ö I was seeking information on Fullmetal Alchemist and this page had all I could have wanted and more then I probably should have read being so new to the anime.

Now onto the boring stuff Ö stuff about me:

Iím probably close to the oldest anime fan you will see Ö being the lady I am, I canít give you my exact age, it makes me feel old, but I do have a wonderful 12 year old son, whom I didnít give birth to as a teenager. Though it is his sister, which led me to Fullmetal Alchemist. She was born on April 24th of this year and I found/find myself up at odd hours of the night and a fan of anime found myself watching Fullmetal Alchemist on Cartoon Network. I was hooked on the wonderful story but frustrated at picking up the tale mid story Ö Iíve put the American DVDs on my wish list but with the new baby money is tight. I was happy when they started the series over during the weeknights; itís great to start from chapter one.

A little more about myself and then Iíll shush Ö Iíve been a fan of anime since Ronin Warriors in 1998 Ö since then Iíve enjoyed following the Dragon Ball storylines, Sailor Moon, and various others, Iíd have to say Fullmetal Alchemist is probably has the darkest moments of all the ones Iíve watched so far and enjoyed. Iíve watched some pretty dark ones I didnít like. I think itís because even though there are dark moments, the story never loses its heart.

What little downtime I have now I spend on-line game called World of Warcraft, have a level 60 Night Elf priestess I play with my husbandís level 60 warrior. Though, havenít been able to play since my daughterís birth. sad.gif Iíll probably never rise above newbie level here (hopefully not sink to n00bie) Ö Iím more of a lurker then a poster but I wanted to say hello and thank you!

Be Safe
Zarpia
Oh another old person (not that there's anything wrong with that, coz i'm 22) we have here a few ones. Is good that you read the ďA Beginnerís Guide to Forum DecorumĒ coz most of the newies here don't even boter (sp?) and end up as n00bs, and i like older people like anime and games, i will see myself 30 years into the future and still loving anime, games. computers, and all that kinda stuff.
Anyways...."WELCOME to the FORUM" and have a gread day happy.gif
kanakage34012
Hi, I know that I already introduced myself, but I have a question. Why are some people alchemist and others citizens on this site? What is with the blue bars? Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks.
Elderberry
Hajimemashite, Rikku-san, Amaki-san, and Koori-san. happy.gif *bows* (Wow, lots of Japanese names~)

@kanakage-baka: They're your post count. The rank changes every 100 posts or so. Every 50 posts is one blue cube-ishy. Moderators have a white bar. Now, before you go and spam your heart out, keep in mind that POST COUNT DOES NOT MATTER!! dry.gif

..but of course, you would have known all of that already, had you stopped being a lazy n00b and tried reading A Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum!! mad.gif
kanakage34012
GOMEN!!!! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I searched on this site for as long as I have been a menber and I could not find my answer. I'm going to go and cry now T.T Thanks for telling me what I needed to know and what a baka I am.^.^ ( That wsa meant in a good way, my friends are always calling me a baka)
Fresh_Coffee
I don't know if this is going to offend anyone, shouldn't it be obvious that your rank goes up by your number of post?

Anyway, Welcome everyone! Be good or we will attack you and visit the coffee shop! : )

I remember, when I use to look at post counts of Bacon and everyone in the thousands and I was like, "wow, I'll never get there." smile.gif
alchemist x
Same here, and a long time ago if you were to look at spam central I would have replied to EVERY SINGLE topic there was. You could not excape my posting n00bness.
Rikku
so it's not good to just go around and talk about everything? unsure.gif

just to raise the bar thingy, i mean sad.gif
Falling_Man
If you're that just to raise your rank, then you might not be looked upon so well by the Mods. Try to post on topic. Go read the Forum Decorum thread in Open Chat. Everything is explained there.
afrodiscicgirl
Hi, my names Jay, well ya'll can call me that anyway. I'm kinda new here.
Zarpia
Welcome Jay!!!!
Zidan_chan
Welcome Jay! (I am new here as well, so I am still getting used to a great deal of stuff here. tongue.gif
OtakuSailorV
I suppose this is the first place I should come, hm?

Alright, let's see then...Hello! My name is V-chan, but you can just call my V-chan. I joined a while ago, but just recently got the time to really sit down and look around the forum. Looks pretty nice here. x3 See ya around then!
Elderberry
Hajimemashite, Jay-san and V-san. happy.gif *bows*

After this, you would do very well to invest a few minutes and read Quistis-sama's 'A Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum'-ishy. biggrin.gif
The Fearless Alchemist
I'm The Fearless Alchemist and I'm new here. I don't have many friends at school because they all think I'm a freak for liking anime and games. I found this site and thought that maybe I could find people to talk to about anime.
OtakuSailorV
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 26 2005, 02:45 PM)
Hajimemashite, Jay-san and V-san. happy.gif *bows*

After this, you would do very well to invest a few minutes and read Quistis-sama's 'A Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum'-ishy. biggrin.gif
[snapback]179981[/snapback]

Ah, arigatou. I'm pretty familiar with forums already, but I suppose that's just common sense, hm? Sorry, mindless babbling on my part. *bow*
KillWorm
Hi Everybody! biggrin.gif

I'm a 26yr OLD lady from Texas. I was just accepted [today] for Colordo Tech. University Online, and I'm majoring in software engineering.
Thanks to my friend Jon, I am an Anime fanatic! Inuyasha was my favorite, but I could never find enough episodes on e tomi pro downloads to keep up. One day I stumbled on Full Metal Alchemist, and I think it's now my favorite. Since I'm a girl I'm allowed to change my mind. tongue.gif If anyone knows anyother good animes Im open minded.

Here's a list of animes i've seen.
Trigun
Inuyasha
Full Metal alchemist
Dragonball
Dragonball Gt
Dragonball Z
Ghost in the shell 1 & 2
Samuri X
Rurouni Kenshin
Bebop Cowboy
alchemist x
Welcome,

Try these animes:

Fullmetalpanic!
Fullmetalpanic? FOMUFFO
D-N-Angel
Madlax
and umm, umm,
Oh yeah, Orphan
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(alchemist x @ May 26 2005, 06:20 AM)
Same here, and a long time ago if you were to look at spam central I would have replied to EVERY SINGLE topic there was. You could not excape my posting n00bness.
[snapback]179666[/snapback]

well you got reformed. : )

Welcome everyone! Listen to what Eke said she is after all the p!mp mobile mechanic.
Falling_Man
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 26 2005, 04:45 PM)
read Quistis-sama's 'A Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum'-ishy. biggrin.gif
[snapback]179981[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum. *hands out Pocky and ramen* Please read the rules and the thread in the above link. If not, older members maybe come vicious and deal bodily harm to your posts. Enjoy your time here on the forum.

@Coffee-chan: Sou. She could add more deadly n00b-killing weaponry on it. Or something like that.
Shadowlink
Hi, im Shadowlink.
I live in the non existant state of Iowa, and Full Metal Alchemist is honestly one of the best anime series I have ever seen.
The ones I have seen (and remember) are
Trigun
Inuyasha
Dragonball (Z and GT)
(Dont laugh) Sailor Moon
Big O
Samauri Champloo
FLCL
FMA( Of course!)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Zatch Bell
Dot Hack
One Piece
(Dont like to admit to these two but..)
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh *Shudder*
NUKU NUKU!!!!! WOO!
Cowboy Beebop
Rurouni Kenshin

(Dang, I have seen more than I thought)
I know I've seen more, but I cant remember what.
Anything on adult swim and toonami. and some other random ones i dont know the name too...
I will keep adding as I remember.
mei_tenshi
Welcome to the forums, everyone! Please, buckle your seatbelts so as to make it easier for the mods to catch you if you persist in acting n00b-ish. smile.gif

(Gosh, I hope I'm not scaring people off. I noticed that my welcomes haven't been happy-happy lately...Hm.)

@Shadowlink's list o' anime: Sailor Moon -- No one's laughing. Sailor Moon is a classic. If anyone laughs, they have my new thwacking stick to answer to. Pokemon -- Some of them are rather cute, I'll admit. (I like the old episodes with Brock and Misty. The other guy--the one who drew Pokemon--annoyed me to no end!) Yu-Gi-Oh -- *shudder*
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
welcome all
hope you have a great time here and make some new friends *like me*

if you need ne help i could help ya out! just pm me, hopefully you know how to do that ^^'
but dw, i faced the "Newbie" section a lot of times in other forums
Falling_Man
@mei: Don't worry. I tend to have happy/grim welcome posts, though they tend to be a little weird or something. You won't scare them off.
Shadow-Alchemist
try
Saiyuki:Requim for the one not chosen
Samuri Champloo
Wolf Rain
Ourlaw Star(if you can find it)
Fruits Basket
Chabits
Princess Monanoki(might have spelled wrong)
Vampire Hunter D (more than one move to this but i don't know the names)
Armatige1,2,&3(last time i checked)
Hellsing
Read or Die T.V.(also if you can find it)
Read or Die the move

all very good

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
QUOTE(KillWorm @ May 27 2005, 04:36 PM)
Hi Everybody!  biggrin.gif

I'm a 26yr OLD lady from Texas. I was just accepted [today] for Colordo Tech. University Online, and I'm majoring in software engineering.
Thanks to my friend Jon, I am an Anime fanatic! Inuyasha was my favorite, but I could never find enough episodes on e tomi pro downloads to keep up. One day I stumbled on Full Metal Alchemist, and I think it's now my favorite. Since I'm a girl I'm allowed to change my mind.  tongue.gif  If anyone knows anyother good animes Im open minded.

Here's a list of animes i've seen.
Trigun
Inuyasha
Full Metal alchemist
Dragonball
Dragonball Gt
Dragonball Z
Ghost in the shell 1 & 2
Samuri X
Rurouni Kenshin
Bebop Cowboy
[snapback]180772[/snapback]

Courti
D: Yes I'm new. *says no more*

I hate being new...e_e

(Crap I said more! XD)
Elderberry
Yoroshiku ne, Courti-san. happy.gif *bows*

Don't feel bad...everyone is new at one point or another...
Amanda_The_Stampede
This is my very first post. I hope this works out right...

so... My name is Amanda, and I'm a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, and thats how I got here! if anyone wants to talk FMA, feel free to email me!
Zarpia
Hey that's why everyone join too, coz we are crazy about FMA, welcome and have a happy posting....
nikina
Wow, I haven't been here for a while... Then a bunch of e-mails came and... yeah. So, welcome all new members! I really can't list them all cuz I just had to read like, 10 pages... And, I hope you like it here!!!

Since I like to draw, I guess I should put my art up, hm? (can it be like, original? or does it have to be FMA?)
Omakase Shimasu
A warm welcome to everybody, hope you enjoy your stay. smile.gif

@nikina: FMA would be preferable, yes. biggrin.gif (Linking to your deviantart profile in a signature is alowed as well wink.gif)
Shadow-Alchemist
hello Courti! *throws confette* welcome. have fun! and don't worry about being new.

QUOTE(Courti @ May 30 2005, 07:02 AM)
D: Yes I'm new. *says no more*

I hate being new...e_e

(Crap I said more! XD)
[snapback]182201[/snapback]

Dustydevil8809
hi I'm Dusty and I WAS a huge fan a fma before they cancelled it/started it over from the beginning, the stupid people. Oh ya.... sorry tongue.gif

I also LOVE hockey, i am a big fan of my local chl team, i also have a local NIFL (arena football) team which i love to watch.
Zarpia
Welcome and have a happy posting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.