Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Closed Topics
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
Bluewish
I noticed that some topics get closed, the mods that close the topics, do you also sooner or later delete the closed topic?
MonsterEnvy
It depends on the topic. I believe that old closed topics self-delete eventually, but threads aren't actually deleted unless they're highly objectionable.
Quistis88
Threads do not self-delete, because they are deleted by the moderators manually. If they are spam threads, chances are they will be gone within 2 days. Other threads with flaming discussions, etc. are kept undeleted for a period of time, until a moderator deems its existence expendable.
alchemist x
i was just wandering.... if it would be a good idea,(shoot me) if there was to be a sub-sub forum for all of the closed topics to be?
Popogeejo
The Mods more than likely have an invisble forum already for stuff like that.
Tombow
QUOTE(Alchey X @ Aug 22 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]435752[/snapback]
i was just wandering.... if it would be a good idea,(shoot me) if there was to be a sub-sub forum for all of the closed topics to be?
Tehehe, I don't know how practical it is for Mo-d sama to have this, but somehow the idea of having "killed thread" graveyard/cemetery entertains me!! laugh.gif
MonsterEnvy
That'd be great for especially amusing threads... I enjoyed reading the 'Coup' thread... never knew Slash was so rebellious! It might be impossible to keep them around for long periods of time due to server memory restrictions, though.
Quistis88
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]435762[/snapback]
The Mods more than likely have an invisble forum already for stuff like that.

Actually, I don't think we do. huh.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 22 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]435764[/snapback]
Tehehe, I don't know how practical it is for Mo-d sama to have this, but somehow the idea of having "killed thread" graveyard/cemetery entertains me!! laugh.gif

I am also slightly in favor of a Dead Thread Cemetary.

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Aug 22 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]435780[/snapback]
That'd be great for especially amusing threads... I enjoyed reading the 'Coup' thread... never knew Slash was so rebellious! It might be impossible to keep them around for long periods of time due to server memory restrictions, though.

That is why the more entertaining stuff is still here and not deleted. Ahh, good the memories.
Popogeejo
Actually, I don't think we do

O RLY?

We should definatly have an Archive forum then for all the classic but dead threads then.
Bluewish
Ok.
Well thanks for for letting me know smile.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Aug 22 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]435882[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 22 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]435764[/snapback]

I am also slightly in favor of a Dead Thread Cemetary.

Sounds good to me.
Chibi Alphonse Elric
Speaking of closed topics...

Why doesn't Mod-Sama close this one?
Tombow
QUOTE(Chibi Alphonse Elric @ Aug 26 2006, 01:54 AM) [snapback]437405[/snapback]
Speaking of closed topics...

Why doesn't Mod-Sama close this one?
shhhhh... Don't question Mod-sama.. laugh.gif

Seriously, if you really really have to have the reason why this thread has not been closed.... then, IMO, it's maybe because the discusssion has evolved into (tho light-heartedly) into a potential (I stress "potential", not "actual" smile.gif) new forum zone for the board (a.k.a. "Dead Thread Cemetary") between Mod-sama and Mod/Admin-sama, I think?? rolleyes.gif

Actually, there are many unclosed threads in Site Support forum. Since this forum is away from our main discussion forums, and the trafic volume is less here, having them open is less problematic than as in our main discussion forums, I think.
Chyna
"Omg, I can be moar random than you! CHEESE WAFFLE!"
^ is that one closed?? huh.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Chyna @ Aug 31 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]439466[/snapback]

"Omg, I can be moar random than you! CHEESE WAFFLE!"
^ is that one closed?? huh.gif

Toby-Chan was saying that the Imagination thread is turning into a "I can be more random than you" contest. She wasn't saynig there was another such thread. I f she was, she'd probably have linked to it.
Chyna
oooooh. Thanks, popo. biggrin.gif I guess I didn't get that. smile.gif
bryantq
While the server doesnt have any impending "restrictions" on performance in terms of memory or storage, it is simply an organizational matter.

I have no problem leaving closed posts where they are, but if you guys would like a "graveyard" forum for closed posts thats fine.

Please note that certain closed posts will have to remain in their original forums: such as pertinent discussion topics. For example: a closed topic on a certain episode in the FMA Anime Section should remain there for the benefit of future visitors.

Whereas, total junk could go to the graveyard.

Keeping that in mind, is it worth the trouble of moving closed topics?
Sharingan Serpent
QUOTE(bryantq @ Sep 4 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]441693[/snapback]

Keeping that in mind, is it worth the trouble of moving closed topics?

Hey you might never know...maybe those closed topics would help to show newer members what type of things we don't want on the forums liike how silly, how annoyinmg or how unnesscary they are...but that sounds a little bit silly coming from me...
Popogeejo
You could just put the most relevant locked threads in the graveyard and erase the spammy, useless threads from the database. They're just wasting memory otherwise...mummble mummble
Tombow
Tehehe, I want to see the parade of really bad threads in the graveyard!! I'm bad!! laugh.gif
(And, I think it would be helpful if we ccould direct some members there to show what NOT to do!! tongue.gif )
Quistis88
Actually, I think bryantq is very correct in that some closed topics will have to remain in their corresponding sections. As well, I do not think that there are enough "worthy" closed threads on the forum such that we should create an entire subforum just for those few threads.

As for the use of showing new members how not to act and whatnot, I think merely linking them to said closed threads would be fine. Besides, sometimes, I think people just find those closed threads randomly, and I think it's slightly more fun that way. It's like stumbling into a thread zombie. tongue.gif
Sharingan Serpent
Yes I would have to agree with you there
Tombow
^^ Yeah, thread zombies are fun to read!! biggrin.gif

ETA: July 5, 2007
Since this issue had been addressed by Admins, closing the thread. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.