Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Yeah, you guys are right, my bad! happy.gif

It's just so much more plausible to assume that she's like the homunculi (in order to explain her having others create the stone) rather than something else... like her being too vain or too scared to try and do it herself for fear of the consequences - which we can assume based on her personality, but for the most part the question of why she won't make the stone herself is pretty much unanswered - at least there's not enough evidence to fully support any one theory, anyways... Whatever... blink.gif

songofish
<Merging "Completely Confused Upon Finishing The Series, please help >_>" thread with the following 7 posts to "Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Possible Spoilers Inside!!" thread. 03/14/07 ~Tombow>

Firstly, sorry if I should've posted this in the episode questions thread...but this is more of a collection of general questions.

If you haven't finished the series, DO NOT READ THIS.

Some of the conclusions I came to are probably wrong as well, but I'd appreciate anyone who can answer any of these:

1. Why do we first see Hohenheim and Ed in London during WWII and then in Germany shortly after WWI....I'm very lost about this. From what I understand (which is not much) when Ed was about to die after getting crushed by the zeppelin, he crossed back over into the "Alchemy" world, but was forced to come back when ressurecting Al. But that doesnt explain why Hohenheim is in two different times and places in the "real" world.

2. So Hohenheim was sent to our world by Dante right (at least in an indirect way)? How come the first time we see the real world (where Ed meets Hohenheim in London during WWII) Hohenheim is apparently well known - Winston Churchill asks to see him, etc? Did he not just recently pass through the gate? And if it was just someone who happens to look like Hohenheim, then why did he have Hohenheim's memories?

3. This question I couldn't care less about - but what happened to Envy, Gluttony and Dante?

4. Getting back to the Alchemy world using a rocket...? Guess its up to Al to bring Ed back then hehe.
Kenji
Yes, hello there songofish. Introduce yourself on Newcomers thread
----

As for your question, I can help a little bit...

QUOTE(songofish @ Feb 28 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]510212[/snapback]
1. Why do we first see Hohenheim and Ed in London during WWII and then in Germany shortly after WWI....I'm very lost about this. From what I understand (which is not much) when Ed was about to die after getting crushed by the zeppelin, he crossed back over into the "Alchemy" world, but was forced to come back when ressurecting Al. But that doesnt explain why Hohenheim is in two different times and places in the "real" world.

2. So Hohenheim was sent to our world by Dante right (at least in an indirect way)? How come the first time we see the real world (where Ed meets Hohenheim in London during WWII) Hohenheim is apparently well known - Winston Churchill asks to see him, etc? Did he not just recently pass through the gate? And if it was just someone who happens to look like Hohenheim, then why did he have Hohenheim's memories?

The zeppelin bombing London happened during WWI not WWII...
The Ed at the real world[Earth] is another boy that looks like Ed... only Ed's soul passed the door and Ed's body is still at the door... Hoho vanished when Ed is very young and since then theres no news about him. IMO, the time he vanish from the alchemy world[Amestris] is when he is at the real world[Earth] and thus he get to know peoples like Winston Churchill.

A little info for you, IMO[spoiler] the door only wants perfect body parts while hoho's body is detrioriating... which is why he can pass thru the gate safely without losing any limbs or organs.[/spoiler]

3. This question I couldn't care less about - but what happened to Envy, Gluttony and Dante?
[spoiler]
Envy transformed himself into a dragon and gone to the real world thru the door. As for Gluttony and Dante, it is believes that Gluttony have munch up Dante since her stupidity make Gluttony a "Ultimate Munching machine" [/spoiler]

4. Getting back to the Alchemy world using a rocket...? Guess its up to Al to bring Ed back then hehe.

As for this, you are definitely wrong. My suggestion to you: Watch the movie sequel, The Conqueror of Shamballa. This movie resolve quite a lot of questions left behind in Episode 51.

Chiisana
IMO, the time he vanish from the alchemy world[Amestris]is when he is at the real world[Earth] and thus he get to know peoples like Winston Churchill.

We don't really know where Hohenheim really was when he left home?

[spoiler]Does the answer appear when Ed's soul first time came to London, after Hohenheim explained Edward about the gate and how Edward's soul is in other boy's body, Edward asked; "... you were living at this child's side?"? [/spoiler]
songofish
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 27 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]510229[/snapback]
The zeppelin bombing London happened during WWI not WWII...
The Ed at the real world[Earth] is another boy that looks like Ed... only Ed's soul passed the door and Ed's body is still at the door... Hoho vanished when Ed is very young and since then theres no news about him. IMO, the time he vanish from the alchemy world[Amestris] is when he is at the real world[Earth] and thus he get to know peoples like Winston Churchill.

A little info for you, IMO[spoiler] the door only wants perfect body parts while hoho's body is detrioriating... which is why he can pass thru the gate safely without losing any limbs or organs.[/spoiler]

Ok, that clears things up. The comment about Churchill threw me off, making me believe it was during WWII, but I forgot he was still an important figure after WWI unsure.gif

And that certainly makes sense about Hoho.

QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 27 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]510229[/snapback]
As for this, you are definitely wrong. My suggestion to you: Watch the movie sequel, The Conqueror of Shamballa. This movie resolve quite a lot of questions left behind in Episode 51.

I'll get on it!

Thanks for the reply....my mind is more at ease smile.gif
CodenameElizabeth

And my suggestion to you:
After watching the movie, forget everything you learned up until that point, and READ THE MANGA!! wink.gif

There are a LOT less plot-holes in the manga, and much more is developed about Hoho and the Homunculi. The story is QUITE different from the anime... (and much BETTER, IMO!)
songofish
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 27 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]510278[/snapback]

And my suggestion to you:
After watching the movie, forget everything you learned up until that point, and READ THE MANGA!! wink.gif

There are a LOT less plot-holes in the manga, and much more is developed about Hoho and the Homunculi. The story is QUITE different from the anime... (and much BETTER, IMO!)

If I were to muster up the patience to do that, can I start from the Greed arc and be up to date? I heard that's where the storylines split between the manga and anime.
Tombow
@songofish - Welcome to the board!!

First I'm going to close this thread. Later I'll move/merge your posts to appropriate threads.

I see your first question is already answered, but if you want to read more about the movie, which is more or less like the final episode of the series, you can go to our FMA Movie sub-forum where you can read Movie Summary and much more!!

And, for the FMA anime-manga difference, please read FMA manga-anime difference thread in FMA manga forum.
The first post on the first page of that thread has the difference summary.

And, if you have more questions on FMA anime, instead of making a new thread, please post on FMA Anime Q&A thread.

If you have general question about this site, please post on Site Q&A thread.

We have many threads that would probably fit your need without making a new thread for your question.
Please utilize them well!! biggrin.gif

ETA
: 03/14/07 Merged "Completely Confused Upon Finishing The Series, please help >_>" thread with the following 7 posts to "Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Possible Spoilers Inside!!" thread, and notified the thread author of the merge. smile.gif
Jedi28
Not sure if this has ever been asked before but how did Ed create a forceshield type thing to protect the soldiers when Scar created the PS? What exactly did he use and what was that thing?
Scythoro
Hey that's a good question, I never thought about it before blink.gif . My guess is that seeing the gate allowed him to produce it out of instinct. Like his ability to transmute without a circle. This is, however, only a guess. I'd wait for someone else to answer. biggrin.gif

Also Why is Lust referred to as the new Lust in the series?
Jedi28
I don't know why Lust is the new Lust. In the Manga she's the ONLY Lust that we know of. However, there IS a new Greed in the Manga. Maybe they just wanted to bring over the element of having a second Homunculus from the Manga over to the Anime. They talked with the author before the Anime was made so they knew what was going to happen.
Scythoro
Oh thx. But the manga is still going on, so are you telling me that the manga will end the same way the anime ended? That would be a depressing thought.

QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 14 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]505149[/snapback]
^^ But, she did perform Alchemy, I think... like when she made (warning.. huge Spoiler!!!) [spoiler]that transmutation circle, and switched her body from the old lady to Lyra..[/spoiler] unsure.gif

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure the transmutation circle was only used to contain Greed, not to switch bodies. Unless the transmutation circle could be used for dual purposes.[/spoiler]
Tombow
@Scythoro - That could be. ^^
Either way, I think this can be taken as the evidence that she can perform Alchemy. biggrin.gif

BTW, about
QUOTE(Scythoro @ Mar 12 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]517045[/snapback]

FMA anime only mentions that she is a new Lust, and does not give us any further information, hence we don't know why. smile.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Scythoro @ Mar 13 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]517045[/snapback]

[spoiler]Greed is being sealed by Dante almost 140 years ago in the series... Perhaps there is a different Lust during the time he was being sealed. As time pass, the original Lust died and this Ishbal women took over the place as the new Lust...[/spoiler] I hope it is understandable... tongue.gif

ETA: I didn't stat that Lust is created by Dante!!!
Jedi28
Scythoro- no, at this point in time the Manga is RADICALLY different from the Anime. The author talked to the Anime people before the Anime was done and told them everything that would happen. Therefore there are elements in the Anime that are also in the Manga and the first 20 odd episodes loosely follow events in the Manga (though in the Manga stuff happens at different times, places, and sometimes with different people involved). Some small elements still crop up [spoiler](such as the basic fact of Ed having a second fight with Scar)[/spoiler] but as far as storyline there's no longer any resemblance between the Anime and the Manga.

Yeah, the fact that there's a new Lust means the old one had to die sometime but it doesn't mean Dante created her. It could be some other idiot trying to bring his dead girlfriend back.
NZ's FullMetal
Can someone tell me what the theory about the "Gate" is from?

I think they used it in Naruto as well unlocking powers with the "Gate" inside your body.

Thanks
Fullmetal_heart
dont tell me anything about the movie ok...i just want to know one thing...how did the philosopher's stone get inside of al? (i missed a lot of episode's from 30 to 50)
Kenji
[spoiler] Scar planned to sacrifice the whole army in Lior to make the Philosopher's stone. The transmutation matrix on his right arm are meant to keep Philosopher's Stone produced in his body. While in the process of making the stone, Scar encounter many problems, among the problem is between him and Kimberly, The Crimson Alchemist [correct?]. The fight between him {Scar} and Kimberly resulted in Kimberly's death and Scar lose his left arm being blown away after Kimberly did his alchemy on his left arm. Before Kimberly breath his last, he transmuted Al's armour into explosive because he have revenge against him[Al]. In order to save Al, Scar transferred the transmutation matrix onto Al's body to slow down Kimberly's alchemy so that Al can make it for the transmutation of the stone. The process caused him to lose his right arm too. He has no choice but to make Al the Philosopher's Stone because thats the only way Al can survive from being blown into pieces.[/spoiler]
Chiisana
Episode 30 where we meet Greed, he said in around 13.09; "A homunculus like me who can use alchemy, eh?"
That homunculus he meant was probably Wrath, but "like me" ?? Greed can't use alchemy right? I'm a little bit confused here.

Or maybe it might be mistranslated? I don't know. It's subbed by Anime-Keep & Anbudom it says in the opening btw.
Hope I will get some explanation here happy.gif
Tombow
@NZ's FullMetal - I have no idea how and where FMA anime got the idea for Gate being [spoiler]the connection betweent the two worlds,[/spoiler] and all that stuff. tongue.gif
As for FMA manga, the story is still developing, (it's a completely different story from FMA anime) and the gate hasn't been completely explained yet, so I can't tell neither. Sorry!!
Hopefully, someone-else has better insights. biggrin.gif

@Chiisana - I don't recall Greed saying that in the episode aired on TV in the U.S., so I tend to think that was a fan-sub mistake. unsure.gif

Chiisana
@Tombow - You one your watched, was that english dub version? If yes, then I won't be surprised since.. you know. Not all the things they say in english are same as the original xP
Tombow
@Chiisana - Yeah, mine was the English dub on Cartoon Network.
Now that you mention, I'm very curious what he says there in Japanese original. tongue.gif
Chiisana
I always prefer original dub over english tho happy.gif Maybe Tombow-san should download 01 - 51 episodes japanese with english subtitles? tongue.gif
Tombow
@Chiisana - I would if I'm on my own computer. biggrin.gif
But, if someone get me the audio of what Greed says in episode 30, around 13.09 into the episode in the original Japanese, then I can tell you if the translation in that fan-sub was correct or not. smile.gif
Chiisana
Okay... Here is it, if I had done it in a right way ^__^; Click to view attachment
Sorry if it is hard to listen, I recorded it with the mic placed by the earphone :x
Tombow
@Chiisana - Oh!! Thanks!! The recording came out pretty good!! biggrin.gif
I listened, and Greed is saying..
"There is a someone who is a Homunculus, same as I am, yet that one can perform Alchemy, eh??"

As I recall, the fansub was "A homunculus like me who can use alchemy, eh?" right??

I'd say, that one was mostly correct, except missing "," to make the sentence clearer, and a little more clarification, such as "A homunculus like me, yet who can use alchemy, eh?" could have been better and less confusing, I think. smile.gif
Chiisana
Tee hee hee, Arigatou Tombow-san! That really confused me, how come Greed can use alchemy and what alchemy he use? O_o

Again, Arigatou!
Fullmetal_heart
ive finally seen the fma movie conqueror of shamballa...not to be self-obsorbed but for me and probably many others, it was hard to watch....the brothers had to put everyone else before themselves....and this movie will teach you that you have to make things right again and fight for the sake of others....because in order to save shamballa, they had to work together and with roy....yea, roys back !! but in the end they got each other back, because they really cared for one another and they fixed their mistakes...this movie shows that.....sorry for possible spoilers...one question though... how did Ed and Al's teacher die ?? i kinda missed that. Somehow...
Nepharski
Living without one's lower organs tends to make life more difficult. She lasted as long as should could before finally giving out, and that's a lot longer than most people who are missing various internal organs.
PaperGhost
Why is Envy a girl in the Japanese version and a boy in the American?
Never mind, it was just the fansubs I was readin unsure.gif
Fullmetal_heart
no, actually envy is neither a boy or girl. envy is a homonculus and has no gender, but that is wierd....to make a character like that....
Kenji
Interesting... Which reliable source you got that from?
Fullmetal_heart
by watching the show, the movie and from watching the commentary on the fma movie; which pretty much explains the whole envy character...oh yea, the commentary is important...
pivo
Hello! I just finished watching FMA (for the 2nd time) and i have a few questions:

1. How can Envy change he's (or better IT's) size when transforming? I mean, how can he create additional mass from nothing? It makes sense only if you think of it as a balloon, but what when he becomes smaller?

I'm not sure how to explain the next one but I'll try to make it as clear as possible:

2. (SPOILERS!!!) If I got it right the souls in FMA are just energy sources? It's a little confusing because I thought souls are responsible for our feelings (love, hate etc.), and yet homunculus don't have souls but they feel all of that. Gulattoni is depressed when Lust "died", so goes for Wrath and Sloth. Are souls in FMA just life sources?

I'm sorry if my English is bad, I tried my best.

ehxhfdl14
↑ Hmm. Interesting point. I don't know how to answer the first one... maybe that's why the homonculi's powers are special? But from the manga, the spirit connects the body and the soul, right? But maybe the spirit has some other functions, too... other opinions needed!!!
TheRainbowConnection
As I understand it, a soul contains a person's essence, while a mind contains their sentience and the body simply serves as a vessel for the previous two. Souls can also be used as an energy source (but of course, that's not its only purpose), much like how wood can be used as an energy source but does not exist specifically for that purpose.

As for the Homunculi, I always wondered that myself. It seemed to me that the Homunculi got imbued with some semblance of a soul. For example, Sloth said that she had these innate feelings for the Elrics but feared it and tried to reject it. Is that evidence of some soul fragments, maybe? Lust had these semblances of longing and desire and ultimately devoted herself to becoming fully human to fully realize those feelings. Is that evidence of a soul? Gluttony is sad when Lust dies. Is that evidence of a soul?

I don't know, and the anime never really answered those questions. It definitely showed the Homunculi as human more than in just form, but is it as a result of a mind or pieces of soul? *shrug*
Tombow
@pivo - Welcome to the board!! ^^
Here is my attempt to explain the first question:
I think you are on the right course of thinking with this one.
When he expands, yes, I think it could be like a balloon in a way, I guess, and when he shrinks, it could get dense, but he doesn't have to get dense uniformly, I think.
He may have some core material that are super dense, and when he shrinks back, that part get super dense but the rest of his body shrinks back only to the density of normal human body level, or the normal dense level of whatever the shape he is taking.
Hope this makes any sense. biggrin.gif

@TheRainbowConnection - As to pivo's second question, I am with you on this one. And further, I think, while mind is what makes them (Homunculi) and us (Humans) feel emotionally and think, soul is the one responsible as the life force, what set humans apart from mere a mass of bio-chemical reactions, like ameba, or the aggregate of fragmented independent emotional reactions/responses as Homunculi are experiencing...
Yeah, I got that far in my thinking. Maybe someone can expand on this, or I'll come back and think about it further. biggrin.gif
TheRainbowConnection
I guess it pretty much comes down to the question, "Is emotion in the realm of the mind or the soul?"

*shrug*

And if it is in the realm of the mind, why does it seem like that the Homunculi are by and large (though not absolutely) emotionless?
Tombow
QUOTE(TheRainbowConnection @ Apr 20 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]533415[/snapback]
I guess it pretty much comes down to the question, "Is emotion in the realm of the mind or the soul?"
....And if it is in the realm of the mind, why does it seem like that the Homunculi are by and large (though not absolutely) emotionless?

@TheRainbowConnection - That is another good question!! biggrin.gif
Anime Wrath seems to be full of emotions, and Gluttony has strong attachment to Lust, Envy seems to harbor quite bit of hatred to Ed and express anger often, while anime Pride, Lust, Greed, and Sloth seems more reserved. Still, as is now, I lean toward the idea that emotions are in the realm of mind, and not in the soul. But, I am more than happy to be convinced by other theories and opinions on this, and welcome more inputs....
However...

I would like to invite anyone with further thoughts on this topic to continue this discussion on
They think, therefore, they are? Do you consider homunculi to be human? thread, and keep this thread here for other episode related FMA Anime questions. biggrin.gif
pivo
Thanks! That explained a lot! laugh.gif
Anon
i have a ques apart from this topic...as we have a new board to talk abt this one
winry's teacher...the man who was winry's granny's apprentice once..
he told tht...he cann't even possibly froget tht woman....she drives her directly to hell...in tht perticular part...we saw the past mrs.rockbell....she was pretty much taller thn she is now.....and...have a pretty hard to tell face....
how she became......smaller in days...is this something with automail..mechanic .tht might .cz her to shrink...???
huh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Anon @ Apr 21 2007, 06:41 AM) [snapback]533647[/snapback]
... how she became......smaller in days...is this something with automail..mechanic .tht might .cz her to shrink...??? huh.gif

@Anon - This isn't limited to things in anime, but generally, I think, when people age, they get smaller because their spines literally lose bone density, and start to shrink. I think some people lose as much as 5 cm ~ 10 cm in hight as they age. Hence, Pinako getting smaller as an older women, than when she was young, is not uncommon, in my opinion.
I don't think I've seen anything about being Automail mechanic making them to lose their hights in FMA anime, so I think this was mainly due to her simply becoming old, like many other old people. ^^ (Unless someone saw something in the anime otherwise... ^^)
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(Anon @ Apr 21 2007, 03:41 AM) [snapback]533647[/snapback]
how she became......smaller in days...is this something with automail..mechanic .tht might .cz her to shrink...???
huh.gif

I always just attributed it to the art style. If you look in one of Arakawa's FMA Sketchbooks or whatnot, you'll find that she drew 80(?) year-old Ed in the same way--short and round, even though he appears to be much taller than Pinako even at age 15/16. (And he still has a chance to grow! There's at least another growth spurt in there. tongue.gif)
Anon

tht's a pretty much evidence ....u gave .....ya he was preety much short thn....he was in 15/16
edo is short....ha ha laugh.gif laugh.gif
pivo
Thanks! That explained a lot!

Actaually it didn't... What about Nina then? I belive it was Lust who said to Tucker that he perfectly transmuted a human. She also said that it was missing a soul becouse Tucker didn't have a strong enough will to attach one to the body. Now, if she is a perfectly transmuted human it means that her mind is also perfect. Then, why does she appear to be completly mindless?

Now here is the question:
Homunculi: body whitout soul
Nina: body whitout soul
Why are they different?

And one more:
Tucker transmuted Nina and his dog together and created a chimera from them for his own good, but later he seems to be desperat to recreate her. I don't recall him saying that he was wrong or something. Why is that?

Once again sorry for my English...
Kenji
QUOTE(pivo @ Apr 23 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]534595[/snapback]
Now here is the question:
Homunculi: body whitout soul
Nina: body whitout soul
Why are they different?

Homunculus is unsuccessful human transmutation, something alchemists doesn't want and they need to be feed with philosopher's stone to have human shape.
Nina can be considered as one of the successful human transmutation, since it uses philosoher's stone in the progress. But, Tucker only manage to get her body back and unable to attach her soul on the body...

Tucker transmuted Nina and his dog together and created a chimera from them for his own good, but later he seems to be desperate to recreate her. I don't recall him saying that he was wrong or something. Why is that?
Tucker fuses Nina and Alexander together just because he was desperate that time... since he has no reports to hand over to Basque Grand to retain his state alchemist title...
After he was 'executed', perhaps fatherly love IMO, leads him to be desperate to recreate her back...

Once again sorry for my English...

Ooh...nevermind...my English is more horrendous than yours...
pivo
Homunculus is unsuccessful human transmutation, something alchemists doesn't want and they need to be feed with philosopher's stone to have human shape.
Nina can be considered as one of the successful human transmutation, since it uses philosoher's stone in the progress. But, Tucker only manage to get her body back and unable to attach her soul on the body...

You didn't understand. What I was asking was why is Nina like a puppet? She doesn't say anything nor she gives any sign that she IS ALIVE. She could be considered to be like homunculi (body whitout soul) but there is a difference:
homunculi talk, think, walk, feel (?)...
Nina just lies in Tucker's hands all the time.

Kenji
QUOTE(pivo @ Apr 23 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]534608[/snapback]
What I was asking was why is Nina like a puppet?

OOh... As I have underline in the previous post,
Shou Tucker only manage to get her body back, but not her soul. He doesn't have the ability to attach Nina's soul to Nina's body... smile.gif

Perhaps homunculus can talk, think, walk, feel because they have philosopher's stones in their body whereases Nina's body is normal human being body... smile.gif

You must remember the basic of human transmutation-
IF succeed= complete human body
-----------------------------------------
IF failed= incomplete human body

Perhaps Shou Tucker's human transmutation is somewhere between there [the line above], Nina's body is complete but lack of soul...
pivo
Shou Tucker only manage to get her body back, but not her soul. He doesn't have the ability to attach Nina's soul to Nina's body...
I said that myself in the first post related to this matter

Perhaps homunculus can talk, think, walk, feel because they have philosopher's stones in their body whereases Nina's body is normal human being body...

Homunculi have RED stones in their body, which is a lot different. They use this stones to get a normal body form. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a scene where a just born homunculi (don't remember which one) approaches Dante who then gave it red stones. Wouldn't it be strange if Dante gave them the Philosopher stone when she need it to do her need-to-transfer-soul-from-body-to-body thing?

Perhaps Shou Tucker's human transmutation is somewhere between there [the line above], Nina's body is complete but lack of soul...

They both lacks souls! That's my point, and that's what I don't understand! I'd like if someone else helps me here too.

Sorry if I'm a little arrogant, I didn't mean to be...

Shou Tucker only manage to get her body back, but not her soul. He doesn't have the ability to attach Nina's soul to Nina's body...
I said that myself in the first post related to this matter

Perhaps homunculus can talk, think, walk, feel because they have philosopher's stones in their body whereases Nina's body is normal human being body...

Homunculi have RED stones in their body, which is a lot different. They use this stones to get a normal body form. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a scene where a just born homunculi (don't remember which one) approaches Dante who then gave it red stones. Wouldn't it be strange if Dante gave them the Philosopher stone when she need it to do her need-to-transfer-soul-from-body-to-body thing?

They both lacks souls! That's my point, and that's what I don't understand! I'd like if someone else helps me here too.

Sorry if I'm a little arrogant, I didn't mean to be...
Kenji

Err... philosopher's stone= Red stone smile.gif
Yes...there was such scene in the anime... Dante was feeding stones to Sloth...

Although she need it to do her "need-to-transfer-soul-from-body-to-body thing", Dante needs them (homunculi) to help her make/create/steal philosopher stones from human... She can't do it alone because she is only an old hack...XD
Dante losing the final philosopher's stone/RED stone(Al) is just something unpredicted... because everything that Dante arranged was perfect- Pride as the President, Sloth as the President's Secretary... Both of them is sufficient enough to attain red stones from human hands since they hold the highest power in the country...

Alchemists make red stones >> President takes it >> President destroys the evidence

Understand? huh.gif

They both lacks souls! That's my point, and that's what I don't understand!

Nina= complete human body but lacks soul
Homunculus= incomplete human body and lacks soul

------
Yeah...SORRY if I brought you drifted away... tongue.gif
I sucks in explaining... XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.