Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Keoni
@ Sweety Pie: Gracia actually said: .... And I'm pretty sure SHE gets to decide/choose (whatever, don't remember it into details) . So I think that's pretty obvious wink.gif

The ep 5 girl had a name, but I can't remember it.
So that's my question: What was her name again? unsure.gif Owh AND, did they ever mention the names over Amstrongs parents in episode 37?
InsaneFangirl
QUOTE(Keoni @ May 1 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]388888[/snapback]

@ Sweety Pie: Gracia actually said: .... And I'm pretty sure SHE gets to decide/choose (whatever, don't remember it into details) . So I think that's pretty obvious wink.gif

The ep 5 girl had a name, but I can't remember it.
So that's my question: What was her name again? unsure.gif Owh AND, did they ever mention the names over Amstrongs parents in episode 37?

I'm not sure if you mean Gracier's daughter or Tucker's...but Tucker's daughter was Nina. No, the parent's names were not mentioned, so we can just make them up. XD
Popogeejo
It's not Nina or Elycia they are reffering to. I f whatch the Episode it's the Train one. It's the girl who Al thinks is scared of him. I can't remember the name but it's only mentioned once at the end IIRC.
AA battery
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 4 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]390460[/snapback]

It's not Nina or Elycia they are reffering to. I f whatch the Episode it's the Train one. It's the girl who Al thinks is scared of him. I can't remember the name but it's only mentioned once at the end IIRC.

that girl eh? It's episode 5.

*Takes out NDS*
*Opens the FMA DS game*
*clicks into the Character Gallery*

It spells Marin (in katakana).

(As for Armstrong's parents, it's just referred to as "Armstrong's Father and Mother".)

Finally that game is useful for once. .__.
Keoni
Jeeej! Thanks armor-alchemist! (you have the ds game? smile.gif Lucky you!)

Too bad about the Armstrong names, I really would like to know their names happy.gif
Brig.General Hughes
i hav a question i missed the episode where envy started to hit alphonse saying " now that ur the stone lets see how much ur cute little ceal can take" well i dont no what happened after that. then i saw the rest of the series still not seeing that episode i got mad. can someone answer me this what happend after that
sweety_pie
What happened on 3,Oct,11? I hear that's when Ed passed the Alchemy exam but I remember it being winter when he passed.I want to know what happened that day.
Popogeejo
Winry says it's the date he and Al burned down their house.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Keoni @ May 1 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]388888[/snapback]
Owh AND, did they ever mention the names over Amstrongs parents in episode 37?

Those of us who wisely read the Manga are privy to such information.

Head of the House - Philip Gargantos Armstrong
Heir to the Family Name - Alex Louis Armstrong
Havoc's Love Interest - Catherine Elle Armstrong

Mother doesn't get a name. Sorry. D:
Brig.General Hughes
its killin me someone answer my question
paca
haven you try to look for it in the anime section of this site???

If you tell me the title of the episode, or the number maybe i can try to help you =)

but first try to look there, ok brig.general hughes??
Brig.General Hughes
thats just it paca if i knew the episode name i would hav looked it up already but i dont so i guess my question is a 2 part one
I am the Only sister Elric
I was wondering (always have been) How Mustang got his eye patch... Did his weye get burned? unsure.gif I dont know..... I want to though... unsure.gif
Popogeejo
[spoiler]Frank Archer or Riza shot him. If Riza did it was an accident but I think it was Franky.[/spoiler]

@ Brig. General Hughes. Your Sig is way to big.
Brig.General Hughes
thanks for the heads up popogeejo
Chizu
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 20 2004, 09:39 PM) [snapback]61682[/snapback]

QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 19 2004, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 19 2004, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 19 2004, 07:06 PM)
Fresh Coffee: I think the 'normal' face of envy was a different person. It's because envy didn't really like his normal face. Probably reminded him of his father.

I'm pretty sure that was not his real face. Envy does say early on that he can't remember his real face, but he could be lying, but it doesn't matter, because I have other evidence that it likely was not his real face.

Think about it, a human body itself can not live over 100 years (besides extraordinary cases of still less than 110 years, obviously not counting humonculus such as Envy), Greed said something about being sealed 130 years or something, and Envy was at least present when he was sealed. This makes Envy at least 130 years old, probably much older. If he was Honenheim's son, he must have been born as a human BEFORE Honenheim had his present body. Therefore, Envy's father did not look like he does now, therefore Envy would not look like present Honenheim.

My assumption would be that Envy took on a similar face to the present Honenheim's face so that Ed would get the idea. Think about it, let's say Envy's true face was like his father's, but his father has black hair and a softer face and such, and he used that face, what does that tell Ed? Nothing, he wouldn't give a crap. However, he sees his father's face and says "No way... you couldn't be..." Get the picture?

Or Bones simply wanted things to be dramatic, so all of a sudden Envy can recall his "reappearance".

In other words, a mistake by Bones.

My point wasn't that he couldn't remember, far from it, I just said that was one argument I could make that could easily be explained away. What *I* am saying, is that if the face Envy used was his true face, that means that the body Honenheim was in had to have lived, *without Honenheim having to switch bodies*, for over 130 years, probably a lot longer, the point was Envy letting Edward know exactly who he was when he was alive, not that that was his real face. Get what I mean yet?

Hohenheim is over 400 years old
Tombow
^^ @Zaiku No Renkinjutsushin - Ummm, thanks for the reminder... but, that discussion took place in 2004. biggrin.gif

@Brig.General Hughes - Do you remember the episode story BEFORE that episode?? Or, what was the story in the following episode of that one?? Maybe that would help us remember... smile.gif
Brig.General Hughes
umm i dont remember them could u please just giv me a straight answer not to be rude but please
Popogeejo
How can we give you a strait answer if we din't havethe needed info?
Just watch the eps on youtube untill you find the one you need.
oODannyOo
why did rose just stand around during episode 50-51? it seemed like she didn't mind having her body stolen. also during episode 50-51, when al was lieing down on the trans. circle, why didn't he stand up and fight with Ed when Ed was fighting liara and envy?

also in the movie, why didn't envy just change his form from the snake? and when he was just lieing there around the circle, why didn' the just get up? he was totally non-existant in the movie as a fighter.
Full Metal Alchemist^_^
In episode 1............
What was wrong with the fruit because it doesn't give any discussion about the show so I didn't know what was going on in the first episode...?
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Full Metal Alchemist^_^ @ Jun 21 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]414581[/snapback]

In episode 1............
What was wrong with the fruit because it doesn't give any discussion about the show so I didn't know what was going on in the first episode...?

The fruit Ed, and Al dropped, when they went into their house?(Maybe that was a different episode.)
Sword Alchemist
Where did Maria Ross and Denny Bloch go after leaving Winry's house?

It looked like they were already gone when Roy and Riza left the house and they weren't at the train station when Roy, his crew and those other soldiers were getting ready to head back to Central.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sword Alchemist @ Jun 21 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]414684[/snapback]

Where did Maria Ross and Denny Bloch go after leaving Winry's house?

I'm assuming they headed for Central separately. They were on hand to save Izumi from Colonel Archer, remember.
InsaneFangirl
In Episode 51...

(This question may be slightly disturbing, but I think you'll find it makes sense.)

If you watch the movie, Izumi, Wrath, and even Aru-chan were naked when in the gate.

So, when Envy and Edward were in the gate, sense you're dead, or half-dead...wouldn't they be naked too?

Natural state, you know? Not even a hair-tie for Edward's braid. Why weren't they?
sweety_pie
That wasn't episode 51, I think it was like 47.
I thought that when Izumi, and Wrath were in the gate that was just a dream.
(Are you talking about when Wrath was like walking the he started getting younger, till he was a baby, then Izumi picked hi up, then sorta turned into Sloth.

(Who is Aru-chan?The dragon?Damn, I can't think straight this early.)
InsaneFangirl
Aru-chan is Al.

No, I'm talking about in the movie.
Tombow
^^ You mean there was "a naked Izumi in the gate" scene in the movie?? unsure.gif
Edamame
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 29 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]426949[/snapback]

^^ You mean there was "a naked Izumi in the gate" scene in the movie?? unsure.gif

There was slight nudity in the movie. When Wrath dies and heads to the gate, Izumi is there to greet him in her 'natural state'. It was done tastefully though.
Tombow
QUOTE(Edamame @ Jul 31 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]427698[/snapback]

There was slight nudity in the movie. When Wrath dies and heads to the gate, Izumi is there to greet him in her 'natural state'. It was done tastefully though.
Oh, yeah, I remember. Thanks!! Yes, it was tasteful, but she was definitely nude biggrin.gif
InsaneFangirl
So...um...can anyone anwser that for me?
Automne
Well, Bones certainly had its reason. How would you have reacted by seeing Envy and Ed randomly talking naked (and how would they have reacted by seeing the state they were in?)? There is also the fact that Envy's clothes are certainly parts of himself, and not clothes randomly put on. Sorry, these are the only explainations I can find.
Amaya Hawkeye
Okay, so we all see Envy's original form in episode 50 correct? Looks a whole lot like Hoenheim, makes sense because he's his son. But, as we heard about 6 episodes before that, Hoenheim has been switching bodies. Envy has to be at least 140 years old (seeing as Greed was locked up for that long and he knew Envy) I think he's somewhere around 500 years old... I was having a panic attack and cant remember much of the last five episodes, anyway, if Hoenheim was switching bodies all that time, how could his son from so long ago look like the son of that body? It doesn't make sense...
sweety_pie
What you say makes sense.

And this should maybe be merged with "Unanswered Questions" thread.
Amaya Hawkeye
Well I didn't know if it was maybe explained in the manga or something, or maybe in the last five episodes. I honestly cant remember a thing from them. But yeah, mods, you can merge this topic with the unanswered questions thank you!
sweety_pie
I don't think it's answered in the last five episodes, or the movie.I also don't know about the manga, cause i haven't read it all yet.
And I geuss i'll report it for you.

btw here.
Tombow
QUOTE(Amaya Hawkeye @ Aug 10 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]431084[/snapback]

Okay, so we all see Envy's original form in episode 50 correct? Looks a whole lot like Hoenheim, makes sense because he's his son. But, as we heard about 6 episodes before that, Hoenheim has been switching bodies. Envy has to be at least 140 years old (seeing as Greed was locked up for that long and he knew Envy) I think he's somewhere around 500 years old... I was having a panic attack and cant remember much of the last five episodes, anyway, if Hoenheim was switching bodies all that time, how could his son from so long ago look like the son of that body? It doesn't make sense...
Some of the discussion we had about that (on talk-back thread for that episode, I think) was that Envy might have just took that form (one that looks like a young Hoenheim,) knowing that would shake up Ed. smile.gif
sweety_pie
Didn't this thread use to be a stickey?
Tombow
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Aug 13 2006, 01:16 AM) [snapback]432174[/snapback]

Didn't this thread use to be a stickey?
^^ Yeah, this one is supposedly the one half of two parts "FMA anime Q&A" threads.
This one is supposed to handle episode specific Qs, and the other one, Ashameto be asking this thread, as an all pourpose FMA anime Q&A thread. unsure.gif
Could someone ask this one to be stickied again??

BTW, why is this page getting skewed sideways?? unsure.gif
sweety_pie
QUOTE('Tombow')

What do you mean by 'skewed sideways'?
Tombow
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Aug 21 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]435498[/snapback]
QUOTE('Tombow')
What do you mean by 'skewed sideways'?
The page is getting stretched sideways. sad.gif
@sweety_pie - By any chance, is your sig causing the forum pages you post on (with that sig) to strecth sideways?? unsure.gif

Anyway, I'll ask Mod-sama if this thread can be stickied back again. smile.gif
IttyBittyPretty
Not as much a question as much as it is a piece of useless trivia:

This post concerns the eppie "A Rotting Heart". After Sloth distracts Hohenheim, we see a group of still images of his life with Trisha. The first pic is of the newborn?/infant? Edward, which flashes on so fast I practically missed it. There is also a continuity error here: when he's bending over Trisha, Hohenheim notices a patch of rot on his right shoulder. but later as he lays next to her, his hand is over his LEFT shoulder. I never noticed it until someone on livejournal pointed it out. Who else has seen it?
sweety_pie
QUOTE('Tombow')

By any chance is you sig causing the forum pages you post on (with that sig) to strecth sideways?? unsure.gif

I haven't noticed it. I don't think it's my siggie. It isn't too big is it?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Aug 24 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]436424[/snapback]

QUOTE('Tombow')

By any chance is you sig causing the forum pages you post on (with that sig) to strecth sideways?? unsure.gif

I haven't noticed it. I don't think it's my siggie. It isn't too big is it?

you need to put a space somewhere in this line;
sister:Koolaid_Poweredbigbrother:AlcheyXcousin:blubbernuggetalchemistcousin:siliconAlxhemistbrother:Hollow

It won't go onto a new line without a space. Personaly, I reccomend a space between blubbernuggetalchemist and cousin.
sweety_pie
Is that better, or worse?
Tombow
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Aug 23 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]436430[/snapback]
Is that better, or worse?
^^ Much better!! biggrin.gif
I checked other pages in other threads that had been affected and being streched, they are all back to normal now. Thanks!! happy.gif

QUOTE(IttyBittyPretty @ Aug 23 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]436418[/snapback]
This post concerns the eppie "A Rotting Heart". After Sloth distracts Hohenheim, we see a group of still images of his life with Trisha. The first pic is of the newborn?/infant? Edward, which flashes on so fast I practically missed it. There is also a continuity error here: when he's bending over Trisha, Hohenheim notices a patch of rot on his right shoulder. but later as he lays next to her, his hand is over his LEFT shoulder. I never noticed it until someone on livejournal pointed it out. Who else has seen it?
@IttyBittyPretty - I've never noticed it!! That's interesting!! biggrin.gif
EriksShadow
Episodes 46-47 (no spoilers past that please)
So.. Izumi is telling Ed about how old his father really is... and they start talking about BC.. and Izumi mentions that it is the system of time measurement used by an ancient civilization and it's now out-of-date religion.. When my friend and I watched this last night.. we were imediatly shocked at the realization that FMA is set very much in the future.. (and of course just made it that much more interesting.. ((if that's possible!!)) ) Do they eventually give an exact time frame as to how far, exactly?

ph34r.gif
Edamame
QUOTE(EriksShadow @ Aug 24 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]436572[/snapback]

So.. Izumi is telling Ed about how old his father really is... and they start talking about BC.. and Izumi mentions that it is the system of time measurement used by an ancient civilization and it's now out-of-date religion.. When my friend and I watched this last night.. we were imediatly shocked at the realization that FMA is set very much in the future.. (and of course just made it that much more interesting.. ((if that's possible!!)) ) Do they eventually give an exact time frame as to how far, exactly?

ph34r.gif

I always believed that the Hagaren world was modeled after early twentieth century Europe. The primary events in the series take place around 1912-1914. I believe that the Hagaren world's time-frame is not like ours though. Their civilisation has some remarkable technological advancements (like auto-mail) that seem out of place and therefore set it apart from our world. If you do not already know, Edward's father is roughly four hundred years old. Thus, I am asuming that the first creation of the Philosopher's stone took place more than four hundred years before the Elric brothers began their journey. I am guessing that Dante and Hoenheim created the first Philosopher's stone in the early 1500s when the plague hit their country.(During this period religion was dying out to be replaced by alchemy) I am not positive, but when Izumi refers to BC and how it was used by an ancient civilisation I believe that she is referring to the dating system that was used by the people of Xerxes. Maybe the "old religion" was a referance to the worship of Ishavara.
~I really need to see the series again
EriksShadow
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 24 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]436602[/snapback]

QUOTE(EriksShadow @ Aug 24 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]436572[/snapback]

ph34r.gif

I always believed that the Hagaren world was modeled after early twentieth century Europe. The primary events in the series take place around 1912-1914. I believe that the Hagaren world's time-frame is not like ours though. Their civilisation has some remarkable technological advancements (like auto-mail) that seem out of place and therefore set it apart from our world. If you do not already know, Edward's father is roughly four hundred years old. Thus, I am asuming that the first creation of the Philosopher's stone took place more than four hundred years before the Elric brothers began their journey. I am guessing that Dante and Hoenheim created the first Philosopher's stone in the early 1500s when the plague hit their country.(During this period religion was dying out to be replaced by alchemy) I am not positive, but when Izumi refers to BC and how it was used by an ancient civilisation I believe that she is referring to the dating system that was used by the people of Xerxes. Maybe the "old religion" was a referance to the worship of Ishavara.
~I really need to see the series again

See, how we interpreted it, was that, it was our time they Izumi was refering to.. which puts a cool spin on it. But, again, the plauge and witch hunts were refered too... so... who knows. But... then again.. it's not against human nature to repeat mistakes of the past.

irridescentsong
In the English version of Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles (which I went ot the store and bought today! Squee! :3) the interviewer asks, "What time period is your work based on?" Arakawa (brilliant manga-ka that she is) answers, "I based it on the industrial sectors of England during the industrial revolution. It's a city with rows of factories wrapped in smoke, smog, and steam. But I've given it my own original flavor and made it into a fantasy world." A footnote says "10: Industrial Revolution: The transformaiton from tools to machines that occures in the second half of 18th century England. This caused varioius changes in the country's economy, industry, and society."

Does this help at all???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.