Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA 3 Game Character Bios and Plot
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Greedsins
I'm trying to find info on this game concerning the names and bios of the characters and the plot, maybe a walk through. Iv tried everywhere even Square Enix but no luck. If anyone has the info it would be most appreciated!
AA battery
Sorry, I can't really remember the names since last time I played it it was about a year ago...

The silver hair girl is named Sophie and that's all I remember regarding character names.

Somewhat detailed plot summary...

(number = chapters in the game)

(the seal is somewhat similar to alchemy... I think they said in the game that it's an ancient form of alchemy.)

1: Ed and Al and Winry arrived in this city (V-sth... forgot how to spell it) and find that this city is under attack by some mysterious people. They refer themselves as the 4 ___ priests (forgot name...). Ed and Al saved Sophie from the Ice Priest (that's not his name, just his attribute) and learned about the story of the city. Ed and Al offered to help Sophie to save the city from destruction, and in order for them to have enough power to fight against the priests, Sophie gave them the mark (the pink flower-like mark you can see on Ed's right hand and Al's shoulder).

(Obelisk towers = what's needed to resurrect the ancient witch... forgot her name...)

(church = where Winry and Sophie are waiting for Ed and Al... where you save the game...)

2: What Ed and Al have to do is to seal away the Obelisk towers (I think that's the name, again, I don't remember.) They went to the storage place in the town and met Hawkeye there. She was under attack from the Ice Priest. After Ed and Al defeated the Ice Priest and sealed away the Obelisk tower, and explained to Hawkeye the situation.

3: They headed to the hopsital and found Armstrong there. Defeated the Earth priest and sealed away the Obelish tower, explained, and off they go to the Headquarters of that city (heard from Armstrong that there is a strange tower at the headquarters)

4: Went from underground waterway (Armstrong said it's safe, but by now it's invaded) into the HQ, arrived at the rooftop and battle with the Wind Priest. Midway through fighting her, Lieu. Col. Red (... I forgot her name too, but she is the one that looks bitchy and dresses in red) showed up with a crab-shaped robot and offered help to defeat the Wind Priest, so Ed and Al went to the training ground where they have heard is the whereabouts of Mustang and another priest. They arrived at the training ground and protected Mustang from a giant flame ball attack by the Fire Priest. They defeated the Fire Priest and saved Mustang. After that, they had a discussion with the General of the city.... Mustang mentioned that he doesn't believe in this General and told Ed to be alert.

5: Ed and Al and Sophie went to the fortress of the priests to destroy something there (I think it's the philosopher's stone) so that the witch won't get resurrected. In here you battle the Ice and Earth priests again until you reach the Philosopher's stone. When you got there, you realize that the Lieu. Col. Red and the General are actually on the same side as the Fire Priest and you (Ed and Al) got captured by them when you help Sophie escape. (The General want to resurrect the witch as well, for the power to take over the world...)

(Earth died from abusing the power of their seal too much. Ice almost died from that too, but Sophie saved him. However he still got killed by the General afterwards. During chapter 5 Ed and Al also realized that by using the seal's power that Sophie gave them, it will also shorten Sophie's life, but they have no no choice but to continue using it...)

6: Ed got thrown in jail, so Ed has to escape now (you don't get to beat up people here, you have to sneak out so that you don't get caught...), first to rescue Al. Finally you reached a room with a magnetic field trap. Turn it off to help Al out, and then together you two aim for the top room for the General. (During this part, Ed is in his UNDERWEAR the whole time since all of Ed's stuff got taken away... no items allowed either! So that means don't let Ed dieee, try to hide him and use Al to battle since Al can revive even if he died.) After they reached the General's room, Ed got his stuff back (it was on a table) and went outside to find the Lieu. Col. Red's robot crab waiting to fight them! Defeat the crab and return to the church. Right there they find Mustang there. Mustang told them that he is the one that rescued Sophie from the mess back in the fortress and offered a plan to Ed and Al for attacking the fortress again.

7: Mustang goes off to block some of the enemy's army at the other side, while Ed and Al clear out another path to the fortress (so that Sophie can come along safely) by battling enemies at the other side. Right here you have to battle the Lieu. Col. Red once more.

8: Ed, Al, and Sophie arrive at the fortress again, and Sophie kept on hearing voices (from the witch). Sophie then got captured by the Fire Priest (I forgot how she got captured, though) and Ed and Al were forced to return to the church (I forgot why...). Fire then tells Sophie about her past... that Sophie's father actually wanted to use Sophie as a "container" for resurrecting the witch. The witch is resurrected now in Sophie's body and has unsealed the Obelisks, and created a new tower for herself... monsters begin to come out from that tower and attack people in the city.

(Lieu Col Red got killed here by the monsters.)

9: After discussing with Mustang, Hawkeye, and Armstrong, Ed and Al went inside that tower to rescue Sophie. (This tower is quite interesting. I guess you can think of it as the witch's body... there is like uh, "Stomach" "Intestine" "Spleen" "Liver" "heart" "Spinal Cord" "Brain"...etc room that you go through until you reach the witch...) After Ed and Al defeated the Wind Priest (she also died from abusing the seal too much), Armstrong arrived and offered to beat up some monsters to help clear Ed and Al's way. When Ed and Al battle the Fire Priest, Mustang arrived to offer his help. Ed and Al then went through the Spine into the Brain to battle the witch. First, when she was still in Sophie's form, you have to destroy all the crystals in the place within time limit. Then she turns crazy, leaves Sophie's body and shows her real form... you battle her (her head is weakness... occasionally she shows her heart too, but it's too dangerous to attack her heart... attacking her head with a cannon is the safest.) and then when she was defeated and turns even more crazy, Sophie comforted her and the witch finally left the world (calmed soul leaves the world...).

Since the witch has given up on revenging (I suppose you know the history of witches, so you should know why she would want to revenge.) the monsters have also disappeared. Seeing this, Fire decided that there is no point in battling anymore, so he purposely use up the power of his seal to kill himself.

Afterwards, Ed and Al asked Sophie to clear the seal on them so that Sophie's life won't be harmed anymore.

Normal ending spoiler:
[spoiler]On the way that Ed, Al, Winry, and Sophie to the HQ to record the incident, Red's subordinate suddenly appeared and stabbed Ed in the chest. In order to save Ed, Sophie used too much power of her seal and has lost her senses after reviving Ed. In anger, Ed and Al rushed to the HQ and at the same time learned that King Bradley was aware of this whole incident the whole time, and rushed to battle King Bradley. (Before that, King Bradley killed the General as the General is a traitor. During this part, it doesn't matter whether or not you defeat Bradley... the game goes on regardless.) Armstrong then beat up Ed for being "disrespectful" towards Bradley... and since there is nothing Ed and Al can do, together with Winry, they leave the town..... while Sophie remains in the hospital, somewhat like a puppet...[/spoiler]

Happy ending spoiler:
[spoiler]This ending appears if you have given Sophie enough gifts during the game. When Ed, Al, and Winry were at the train station, Sophie looked at the cat that Al has given her and suddenly regained her memories. She rushed to the train station to find the train has left already, but in actuality Al "sensed" something might have happened to Sophie, so they stayed..... 4 of them hugged, happy ending. ^^;[/spoiler]

Not a very good summary, but it still took me 40 minutes to type @_@;; Free feel to ask if you got any questions, and please bear with whatever error present (after all, my japanese is so-so and I haven't touched the game for ages...)
Greedsins
WOW thanks! You just gave me more info then any other site iv looked at in the last 4 weeks!

Just one or two more questions if you can answer them :}

Is her father the man with the gray hair and glasses? I think his name is Victor?

And what is the purpose of the Obelisk towers?

And also there are two other characters one with blond hair and glasses and another short with black hair both in military uniforms. Who do they work for and are they good or bad guys?
AA battery
QUOTE(Greedsins @ Aug 8 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]430187[/snapback]

WOW thanks! You just gave me more info then any other site iv looked at in the last 4 weeks!

Just one or two more questions if you can answer them :}

Is her father the man with the gray hair and glasses? I think his name is Victor?

And what is the purpose of the Obelisk towers?

And also there are two other characters one with blond hair and glasses and another short with black hair both in military uniforms. Who do they work for and are they good or bad guys?

If you mean the gray hair color man with Sophie, yes that's his biological father. At first, he did wanted to use Sophie as the "container" for the witch, but he changed his mind later (that's his real daughter after all...) that's why he ran away with Sophie. (Fire later on killed her father.) and I seriously can't remember names XD I suck at remembering names.

The Obelisk towers is for summoning monsters after the witch's revival (i think, can't quite remember...) but at that point, the only thing Sophie knows about the towers is that "the towers will bring destruction".

if you mean the freaky looking blond guy that looks kinda like Shou Tucker, he is one of the subordinate of Lieu. Col. Red. The short fat black hair guy is also her subordinate.
[spoiler]The blond man is the one that stabbed Edward by the end of the story, since he blames Ed for the death of Red.[/spoiler]
Greedsins
Oh thanks!!

If i think of something else I hope i can ask. I'm still a little foggy about how the seals work and all.

The reason why i need all the info is because I run a FMA RPG and members wanted to play as the characters from the games.

<link removed>
Heres the link if you're interested in joining. Its pretty huge :}

Thanks for all your help!
asunder
QUOTE(Greedsins @ Aug 9 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]430504[/snapback]

Oh thanks!!

If i think of something else I hope i can ask. I'm still a little foggy about how the seals work and all.

The reason why i need all the info is because I run a FMA RPG and members wanted to play as the characters from the games.

<link removed>
Heres the link if you're interested in joining. Its pretty huge :}

Thanks for all your help!

blatent advertising of website is frowned down on. add the site to your signature.
chrissymorgan
Just out of curiousity... any idea when this is supposed to be released in the US?
AA battery
QUOTE(chrissymorgan @ Oct 7 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]456078[/snapback]

Just out of curiousity... any idea when this is supposed to be released in the US?

Due to low sales with FMA1 and FMA2 in US, FMA3 is not coming to US.
Migchao
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 7 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]456079[/snapback]

Aw, really? Crap, it looks like a fun game! sad.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Migchao @ Oct 7 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]456363[/snapback]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 7 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]456079[/snapback]

Aw, really? Crap, it looks like a fun game! sad.gif

Yea, compared to FMA 1 and FMA 2, FMA 3 is much better.
InsaneFangirl
If the third game doesn't go to the US, does it at least get subbed? I can handle that...I REALLY want to play this now.
AA battery
QUOTE(InsaneFangirl @ Oct 9 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]457698[/snapback]

If the third game doesn't go to the US, does it at least get subbed? I can handle that...I REALLY want to play this now.

... >_>;; what the... It's hard to sub a game.
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 7 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]456079[/snapback]

Ouch... And I was already planning to get the 1st and 2nd FMA game and blow dust off my PS2 for the first time in like... nearly 2 years. Dang, Armor-Alchemist, is there a lot of dialogue there? I mean voice overs. My spoken Japanese is ok but my reading skill is horrible. ph34r.gif I haven't really touched on it since I don't live in Japan and we barely have any Japanese reading material here at home. It's just that my mom is half-Japanese and I still practice Japanese from time to time.
AA battery
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Oct 10 2006, 05:08 AM) [snapback]457765[/snapback]

Ouch... And I was already planning to get the 1st and 2nd FMA game and blow dust off my PS2 for the first time in like... nearly 2 years. Dang, Armor-Alchemist, is there a lot of dialogue there? I mean voice overs. My spoken Japanese is ok but my reading skill is horrible. ph34r.gif I haven't really touched on it since I don't live in Japan and we barely have any Japanese reading material here at home. It's just that my mom is half-Japanese and I still practice Japanese from time to time.

Fortunately for the FMA3, nearly all dialogues have voice over (unles FMA1 and FMA2... seriously I don't know why they didn't do voice overs for FMA1 and FMA2... a few PS1** anime games with similar style I got all have voice overs >_>) Only the gag stuff (the part where Ed/Al gives Sophie presents....... those part are not dubbed)

Nice~ You got a half Japanese mom? XD That must be much easier to learn japanese than reading stuff on the net XD <-- how I learn Japanese....... *sweat*
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 11 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]457852[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Oct 10 2006, 05:08 AM) [snapback]457765[/snapback]

Fortunately for the FMA3, nearly all dialogues have voice over (unles FMA1 and FMA2... seriously I don't know why they didn't do voice overs for FMA1 and FMA2... a few PS1** anime games with similar style I got all have voice overs >_>) Only the gag stuff (the part where Ed/Al gives Sophie presents....... those part are not dubbed)

Nice~ You got a half Japanese mom? XD That must be much easier to learn japanese than reading stuff on the net XD <-- how I learn Japanese....... *sweat*

Well, that's good news for me! I never really bought import games. But since I'm a really addicted FMA fan, I'm slightly compelled to buy the games. Gah. My school life is really busy.

Well... not really. My mom only taught me when I was younger and I went to Japan like two times to visit some relatives. I only get to practice Japanese when I play online games like Trickster and jGunz and I tell them to type only in kana.

And also, umm, is the game's story standalone? I mean it's not connected so much to the main plot of the anime or manga. I read the summary and witches ohmy.gif dry.gif and other things that I think don't belong to the FMA world exist in that game. unsure.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Oct 11 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]458315[/snapback]

Well, that's good news for me! I never really bought import games. But since I'm a really addicted FMA fan, I'm slightly compelled to buy the games. Gah. My school life is really busy.

Well... not really. My mom only taught me when I was younger and I went to Japan like two times to visit some relatives. I only get to practice Japanese when I play online games like Trickster and jGunz and I tell them to type only in kana.

And also, umm, is the game's story standalone? I mean it's not connected so much to the main plot of the anime or manga. I read the summary and witches ohmy.gif dry.gif and other things that I think don't belong to the FMA world exist in that game. unsure.gif

I can't find WHERE this game connects to the main plot. XD Before Ed/Al/Winry's visit to Rush Valley doesn't fit, since Al can use "clap alchemy"... After doesn't make sense, since Winry stayed in Rush Valley area... Properly when Ed/Al/Winry returns to Central? But then Lin and Lanfan and the others were with them and they weren't in the game.... XD

Soo yea, this game is kinda like a side story, except it doesn't fit into the main plot. tongue.gif
hisokaomi
The producer should make it into some side story movies, then it'll be fair for non-game FMA lovers... *winced*
AA battery
QUOTE(hisokaomi @ Nov 13 2006, 11:36 PM) [snapback]473356[/snapback]
The producer should make it into some side story movies, then it'll be fair for non-game FMA lovers... *winced*

Personally I don't think ANY of the FMA games plotlines are worth to be made into movies. I thought the storyline sucked and fanfics are probably better. tongue.gif *gets shot in the head by square-enix*
sogood
QUOTE (armor-alchemist @ Aug 8 2006, 04:24 AM) *
Happy ending spoiler:
This ending appears if you have given Sophie enough gifts during the game. When Ed, Al, and Winry were at the train station, Sophie looked at the cat that Al has given her and suddenly regained her memories. She rushed to the train station to find the train has left already, but in actuality Al "sensed" something might have happened to Sophie, so they stayed..... 4 of them hugged, happy ending. ^^;....

The happy ending how many percent of items do ya need to give sophie to unlock it ?
AA battery
QUOTE (sogood @ May 30 2011, 04:03 AM) *
The happy ending how many percent of items do ya need to give sophie to unlock it ?

You need 50% to unlock the happy ending, but I suggest that during the first playthrough, avoid getting 50% so that you can see how the normal ending is like.
sogood
QUOTE (AA battery @ May 30 2011, 01:14 AM) *
You need 50% to unlock the happy ending, but I suggest that during the first playthrough, avoid getting 50% so that you can see how the normal ending is like.

lolz i got 52 percent and it did not appear lolz

someone plz tell me how to get ???

ETA: May 31
where can i find the cats in fma3 ??
AA battery
Hm well aim for a higher percentage then. I thought it was 50+... but then for my first playthrough I got like 55% or something and I saw the happy ending so I thought it would be 50% >.> I started the game all over and didn't give anything to Sophie to get the normal ending.

As for the cat question... I lasted played this game *years* ago (note that this thread was created back in 2006?) so I won't be able to tell you exactly where. Just try to search every corner to look for them =\ Some are obvious and some are well hidden. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY the cats only start showing up for the second playthrough, and there is one of them per stage (there are like, 8 or 9 stages?). Continue from your first cleared save to start getting the items that only appears during second playthrough (ie. gallery pictures).

And don't lolz me when you are the one asking for help here. It's rude. If you don't appreciate my help then I won't respond further.
sogood
QUOTE (AA battery @ May 31 2011, 09:38 PM) *
...And don't lolz me when you are the one asking for help here. It's rude. If you don't appreciate my help then I won't respond further.

Oh, sorry about that. I do appreciate your help, though.

ETA: June 1
anyone can now tell me what does the plates in the church mean i don know why are they there for ?
AA battery
Can't remember anything about plates... o.o

Can you take a photo of your TV screen or whatever you play your game with and show me?
dreamfield
QUOTE (sogood @ Jun 1 2011, 11:52 AM) *
... anyone can now tell me what does the plates in the church mean i don know why are they there for ?

Maybe the plates are only of decorative use...
After Al picks up the cats and presents them to Sophie, the plates will be replaced by the cats' display.
mine looks like this(After picking up all the animals):
AA battery
QUOTE (dreamfield @ Jun 11 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Maybe the plates are only of decorative use...
After Al picks up the cats and presents them to Sophie, the plates will be replaced by the cats' display.
mine looks like this(After picking up all the animals):

The web host you use doesn't allow off-site linking. Can you use a different image hosting website?

But yeah now that you mentioned it, I do remember that once you find a cat, it replaces the plate that's at the side of the church. When you find all 9 (8?) of the cats, you'll see no more plates there... it'll all be cats.
dreamfield
Hope this time the picture will be right....

Yes there're 9 cats in total in first clearing. And in second clearing you'll find a panda(xiaomei?) and Hawkeye's doggy. They will be placed right beside the cats.

Maybe the plates indicate the number of the cats so we will not miss any of them...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.