Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dethklok Metalocalypse
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Carnal Malefactor
I watched the first 2 episodes on YouTube, and so far the show gets two Christ-raping thumbs up from me. The gags are awesome [personal favorite: "2 cups of rice... brutal!"] and the metal references show a level of knowledge on the creators' part that's more than just skimming the surface. Tough to tell yet what the show's impact would be on metal's status in the mainstream, but it definitely has the potential to appeal to those who aren't into the genre on the strength of the writing alone. IPB Image
Slashrose1010
I just watched it now. Haha, I must say, it was pretty darn funny, and the music (instruments at least) was actually better than most bands that are... well, actual bands. I tend to not like the cartoons that adult swim actually does themselves, but I found this one quite funny and enjoyable.
Fayth Prophecy
It seems interesting, so I may just watch it when it premieres to find out for myself.
Carnal Malefactor
The best thing about this show is that it takes all the jokes my friends and I have made to each other while watchin bands play at shows and puts them up on screen. That whole bit with the band at the supermarket was a perfect example.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I've watched 3 episodes on Adult Swim Fix and I gotta say that this show kicks so much ass. The jokes they made are brilliant and hilarious. I only liked Aqua Teen Hunger Force for Adult Swim comedy, but this one is pleasantly enjoyable.
edsgirl
I love this show! I hate that it's only 11 minutes long. I wish it were longer, but it still kicks ass even with that short time. I just now found out that James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet were in the first episode.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 19 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]434404[/snapback]

I love this show! I hate that it's only 11 minutes long. I wish it were longer, but it still kicks ass even with that short time. I just now found out that James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet were in the first episode.

Yah, they're in the third episode, too, apparently. That kinda pisses me off. They refuse to play metal anymore, but they continue to cash in on it now that it's back in style.
Toby-Chan
I must say I've never really been fond of grisly shock cartoons. Still, I watched a bit, and it made me chuckle.

"So you take these little creatures, throw them in boiling water so they scream, turn red and die? That is the most metal thing I've ever heard!"
edsgirl
"Do you folks like cooffeeeeee
Then go and get some, now!
And screeeammm, for the creaaaammm!"

This show is awesome. That was the coolest birthday song I have ever heard.
Carnal Malefactor
I wish whoever does Nathan's voice would be a little more audible with his growling. I can barely hear the vocals most of the time.
Slashrose1010
Haha, the third ep was nice. I liked it more than the second one. I wish I got a box of nothing for my birthday. That would be the most brutal, metal gift ever.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 21 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]435160[/snapback]

I wish whoever does Nathan's voice would be a little more audible with his growling. I can barely hear the vocals most of the time.

I was thinking that too. I had to turn the volume way up to hear him at all.

Pickles has the coolest combover ever. I'm glad I don't have to worry about balding, but if I did, I'd have to copy that do.

Don't worry Slash-kun. I think I can manage to scrounge up a box of nothing for your b-day next year.
Carnal Malefactor
I'm pretty sure Pickles is designed to resemble Devin Townsend.

IPB Image
Ronaldo Rodregez
This show's not that funny to me. Maybe it's because I hardly listen to metal or have anything to do with it, but it just doesn't make me laugh. It's not bad, but it's not that good in my opinion.
Slashrose1010
Haha, I liked the Dethtroll episode.

Haha, acoustic is for pussies and grampas. I wish they added the Dethtroll Lullaby on their myspace.

I like Toki a lot so far. I like all of them, but Toki is funny cause he verges on the iffy side sometimes, and Skwisgaar is totally his secret lover in denial mellow.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I like the end of Dethtroll episode. "Metal"
Halford
Just about every episode is the same.... Badass and metal!
Carnal Malefactor
"I hate Finland... I need 100 beers!"
Kitty Alchemist
The show is awsome. I only seen a couple of episode.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Kitty Alchemist @ Aug 31 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]439538[/snapback]

The show is awsome. I only seen a couple of episode.

There aren't to many episodes anyway. smile.gif
Kitty Alchemist
I think I only seen three episodes
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Just watched Dethkomedy on the fix. It's really hilarious.
Carnal Malefactor
They should've called it "Deth Comedy Jam"
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 2 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]440247[/snapback]

They should've called it "Deth Comedy Jam"

True
Slashrose1010
I watched Dethkomedy last night... I thought that was the worst episode yet. I didn't really like episode 2 that much, but it had some funny parts. I just thought this one was lame.
Carnal Malefactor
Yah, it seems like the individual episodes are really hit-or-miss. Either really funny or really dumb.

The next one looks awesome, though.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Defam wasn't a very good episode. sad.gif It was very boring thoughout the last five minutes of the episode. Hopefully, the next one is better.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 9 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]444285[/snapback]

Defam wasn't a very good episode. sad.gif It was very boring thoughout the last five minutes of the episode. Hopefully, the next one is better.

Really? I thought it was great. I love how all the businesses are named after black metal bands.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 10 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]445041[/snapback]

Really? I thought it was great. I love how all the businesses are named after black metal bands.

I kinda would have liked to have seen the family play a full length song than just a ending credit thing.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Void @ Sep 10 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]445041[/snapback]

I agree that Defam wasn't very good, but I also agree that it is cool to see all the businesses named after metal bands.

Haha, I just watched Performance Klok. I thought this one was pretty darn funny. I totally want a banana sticker now.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Snakes 'n' Barrels was pretty funny. Not their best episode, but I think it was better than some of their past few episodes. smile.gif
Slashrose1010
Dude, the new episode with the fat kid was hilarious. It was a lot better than their fan episode, which was just kind of meh...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Oct 7 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]456402[/snapback]

Dude, the new episode with the fat kid was hilarious. It was a lot better than their fan episode, which was just kind of meh...

I agree.
Slashrose1010
Haha, this ep was pretty funny too. I like the different makes of guitar. I would totally want the cross one or swiss army knife one. Hmm, but it seems like their producer or agent or whatever is with the bad guys after he totally just tried to make Skisgar unable to play with those crystal boxes, hmm.....
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I forgot about this thread. ohmy.gif

For a while I'd only seen the show here and there and didn't quite know how I felt about it but after watching the marathon on NYE I love this show! biggrin.gif

The in-jokes about the death metal bands IE Fintrolls, Dimmu Burger=Dimmu Borger are clever, however I really started to love it after watching the Birthdayface episode and at the end Toki says, "Big, fat tires and Everything!" which made me squeel with delight because it's a line from the song Highway Star which is one of my favorites.....Yes I'm a big, giant dork tell me something you didn't know. Of course there are moments like these:

Nathan: It's the most brutal thing ever. It's not like regular hate. It's so much more black. If she were a street gang I'd f**king go to war with her with bottles and chains.
--------------
Skwisgaar: Ech, the can't helps it, Toki. Not everyone gets da advantage of superior Skanzanavians, echocationen.
Pickles: 'Kay, name something that's got nothin' ta do with guitar go, go go go go go...
Skwisgaar: Oh, dum, dah, uh, oh...
-------------
Skwisgaar: [to stage hand] Okay, let me explains again, in practically clear anguish, I wants, flys in, on, a dragons, okay? How many times I gots to tell this peoples?!
Stage Hand: I know, there isn't a dragon.
Skwisgaar: I know dats what I'm telling you!
Stage Hand: But that's what I'm telling you.
Skwisgaar: So go get one! What are you doing here?! Go! Go get one! Now! Go, go!
Stage Hand: They don't have them!
Skwisgaar: Are you telling me der out of dragons?
Stage Hand: They never had dragons.
Skwisgaar: Who didn't?
Stage Hand: The world!
Skwisgaar: Get dis guy out of here! Finds me a dragon!
laugh.gif
Slashrose1010
Haha, that part about the dragon cracked me up. Skwisgaar and Toki are the best.
kaizenyorii
love the episode where their parents/caregivers come to visit and get hardcore at the end. i cant decide which i like better, metalocalypse or moral orel
Kitty Alchemist
i like the episode when Toki was mad because little kids like him and went crazy. It was sad about the little girl who just want to see Toki before she die
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I loves me some Toki! biggrin.gif
"I love sausage festival!"

I also love Skwisgaar and his farked up Engrish (Swedegrish?) and Murderface's whiney-ass self.
"Well, maybe it'd be better if I just killed myself, huh? Why don't you record that, huh? Would that be "brutal" enough for you? Me, being dead?"
laugh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Envy @ Feb 5 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]501519[/snapback]
I loves me some Toki! biggrin.gif

Same here!! I love the "Skwisklok" episode, where he OD's on candy and starts raving about Olgar giving him a pickle-cicle laugh.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Is this season over? I don't know how many episodes they ordered, but I tuned in some Sunday and saw a rerun.
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah, this season is over sad.gif The season finale was a few weeks ago...it was brilliant biggrin.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I didn't know you were into this show professor.
Carnal Malefactor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DethAlbum

HAHAHAH! YES!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^
Guess what I'm going to buy after work tonight! biggrin.gif

Unless they are sold out then I'm screwed.
GREEDisGOOD
It's funny. At first I thought this show was going to be really stupid. I mean with all the senseless, overdone violence I thought it was pretty stupid. But then I just realized that all that excess violence was part of the joke. The funniest parts in the show are when these completely metal guys just start talking about normal everday things.

My favorite part is still when they're talking about Murderface's birthday, and all of a sudden it gets quite, and then Nathan suddenly gasps and yells: "OH F&%K!! WE"RE GONNA HAVE TO GET HIM A GIFT!!!"

I don't know why, but that part was hilarious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.