Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gallery Mod Station:
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Greetings all.

As we all know the gallery has gotten way out of hand in the n00bery department and I just can't keep up. This works exactly like the Grammer Police, you see things like spam, big sigs, flame wars, doubles etc and report them here.

You can also report any art theivery here as well.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Also, keep in mind we, the mods, cannot delete comments in members galleries so please check before you report.
Toby-Chan
I am teh offended by the title of this thread. mad.gif
Tombow
^^ Maybe call it Gallery Police?? (Or, is it too lame?? tongue.gif )
asunder
Anything that gets posted in here is potential material for popo, myself and anyone else to flame.

Be afraid
Chiyo
Why I hate Gir
More reasons
Colette
Yay!

This entire member gallery needs to go

Though really if you're looking for flaming and huge sigs, just go to the Edward Elric section...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]429155[/snapback]

The Gestapo were bad but they had such cool uniforms. Also they were funny if 'Allo 'allo was anything to go by.

Anything that gets posted in here is potential material for popo, myself and anyone else to flame.

Deal. cool.gif

Also I'd ask, nay request, that both Edwards hunter and __gir either be banned or atleast have a stint at n00b court.
Migchao
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 5 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]429244[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]429155[/snapback]

The Gestapo were bad but they had such cool uniforms. Also they were funny if 'Allo 'allo was anything to go by.

Deal. cool.gif

Also I'd ask, nay request, that both Edwards hunter and __gir either be banned or atleast have a stint at n00b court.

Ugh...I absolutely HATE __gir and Edward's Hunter. Let's get the Greeneyes case dismissed so we can kill them both.

Double post by 'Alchemy Chick'.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 5 2006, 03:41 AM) [snapback]429215[/snapback]

You did see where some of us tried to educate them, right?
Toby-Chan
Their heads exploded. D: That's not educational.

For some, logic must be spoonfed.

Baby steps...
asunder
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]429302[/snapback]

Baby steps...

Or we could setup a trap....use some fanboy/girl pictures to attract certain hated members. and then unleash the hoarde of people that are pissed off at them

:x
Ailuro
'Tried' was the keyword in that sentence. tongue.gif
Migchao
QUOTE(asunder @ Aug 5 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]429309[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]429302[/snapback]

Baby steps...

Or we could setup a trap....use some fanboy/girl pictures to attract certain hated members. and then unleash the hoarde of people that are pissed off at them

:x

Would you like me to find out where __gir and Edward's Hunter are usually active in? tongue.gif

Ailuro
How does one get to individual galeries? D:
Popogeejo
You mean diffrent peoples galleries in the member section?
Simply click on Members gallery and you get a list of them, oldest first.
If thats not you mean then what do you mean? *Is dense*
Ailuro
Meh, that would take forever to find a specific person. Is there a way to search for a certain member in the gallery?
Popogeejo
At best you can have the gallery listed by member name.
Colette
All right:
Wtf part one
Part two
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 4 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]429155[/snapback]

Seriously? ohmy.gif
We've always been the Gallery Gestapo and nobodys batted an eyelash.
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 5 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]429192[/snapback]

^^ Maybe call it Gallery Police?? (Or, is it too lame?? tongue.gif )

I thought about that but I figured it would become confused with the Grammer Police and report stuff in the wrong place.
QUOTE(asunder @ Aug 5 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]429210[/snapback]

Be afraid

Go for it!
It can't get much worse that it already is.
QUOTE(Aliuro)

Meh, that would take forever to find a specific person. Is there a way to search for a certain member in the gallery?

No unfortunately there isn't so it's difficult to track down the trouble makers. One big reason I made this place. I've talked to Bryantq about it but it doesn't sound like something he could set up.
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 5 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]429397[/snapback]

dry.gif
The authorities have been notified.

Thanks for the reports everyone it's really helpful.
Toby-Chan
I think we need some policy reconsiderations on posting fanart of others', particularly of big-name-fans and Japanese artists. I know a few big name fans personally who have to restrict the amount of sharing they do of their pictures because they don't like it being reproduced and spread all over the interweb on everyone and their mothers' myspace. A few such artists have had their pictures posted with a really simple "Didn't make it. Found it on a site."

Imo, that doesn't cut it for credit. The very least that could be done would be to give a name and a link, but even then it's pushing it. Some Japanese sites have restricted acess now just because of so many (mostly western) fans stealing their art, or just posting it in places without permission. One such site had to translate their plea into english, and seemed rather annoyed about it- "Just because you don't understand the language, that does not give you the right to put these images on other websites."

I'm not sure about the legal technicalities involved; it seems rather messy, especially since we have a very large established gallery, particularly of fanart and 'Japanese Fanart' (Which, Loltastically, is often not Japanese at all- some of the art posted there is by American, Chinese, Polish, Indonesian and korean artists.) and it would be difficult to sift through and demand site links or even track down the original posters of the image. It would be hard enough just to go through and look at every image.

So I'm not sure what to make of that mess there. At the very least, I think we should demand some linkage, and if it seems uncertain, we have a name and location to fall back on to seek out artist's permission.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
It's really gotten out of hand in the gallery.

The japanese fanart section was orginally for doujinshi scans and the BBI game screenshots but since we no longer have anyway to post rules or guidelines it's a free for all. You're right, there's no way to know where the pic came from but I'm not going to have a Korean, Chinese, etc section for them. Yes, I know BBI is from China but at the time we didn't have enough screen shots of it or doujinshi scans to warrent their own gallery.

If I had more control over the gallery then it would be much better indeed but what the mods have to work with is limited and I seem to be, for the most part, the only one over there and I don't have the time right now and won't for a while.
Toby-Chan
Isn't there some way to put a little sticky note/ reminder up there? :/

The way it's going it seems 'japanese' fanart is being defined synonomously with 'good' or 'famous' fanart. laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
No. We can't make new threads there or edit the existing titles of the gallery and it's sections.

And yes, that's exactly what happened to the JF section. I try to look for sigs but that's not always a sure sig, some Japanese artists have english sigs (ie not in kanji).
Edamame
I am glad that you brought up the issue regarding the restriction on the use of Japanese fanart Toby-chan. I wanted to bring it up after seeing a great deal of fan-protected work featured in the Japanese fanart section, but I had a feeling that an older forum member would have already discussed the problem with a moderator. Unfortunately, some of these artworks are being taken from sites that clearly state (in English) that the reproduction of fanart on other websites without seeking the permission of the artist can be regarded as stealing. I have been noticing this reminder on many FMA fanart sites and I don't know if there is any way that more people can be made aware of it: Online Fanarts Protection I wish I knew an easy way to prevent this problem, but as you have made clear there are fanarts from other countries as well. I agree with the linkage idea and have seen it in use on other forums that have a gallery section. I hope that you guys can find a way to handle this because it is a shame to see artists having to lock their sites because people could not read the rules.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 6 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]429598[/snapback]

I am glad that you brought up the issue regarding the restriction on the use of Japanese fanart Toby-chan. I wanted to bring it up after seeing a great deal of fan-protected work featured in the Japanese fanart section, but I had a feeling that an older forum member would have already discussed the problem with a moderator. Unfortunately, some of these artworks are being taken from sites that clearly state (in English) that the reproduction of fanart on other websites without seeking the permission of the artist can be regarded as stealing. I have been noticing this reminder on many FMA fanart sites and I don't know if there is any way that more people can be made aware of it: Online Fanarts Protection I wish I knew an easy way to prevent this problem, but as you have made clear there are fanarts from other countries as well. I agree with the linkage idea and have seen it in use on other forums that have a gallery section. I hope that you guys can find a way to handle this because it is a shame to see artists having to lock their sites because people could not read the rules.

One thing you can do to help is if you see any pics here in the gallery that you have seen on an artist site, that states that their artwork is not to be posted on another site, please let us know. I've caught it a few times.

I too agree with the linking, provided it is alright for us to have the picture here in the first place. The number one thing people need to do is check artists FAQs to make sure it's ok to share. If it's in another language then use Bablefish or another online translator.

However, this brings up the question of how to inform everyone about this rule.

Great suggestions everyone thank you all for your imput. smile.gif
Edamame

However, this brings up the question of how to inform everyone about this rule.

I am not sure if this is even possible, but I was wondering if there could possibly be a "sticky thread" for the gallery that lists all of these rules. On some other forums, when posting a picture in the gallery an entire form will come up asking for the name of the artist, proper linkage, and other copy-right material; every single image needs to have linakge in order to be posted in the gallery. I really want to protect the fan-artists rights, but as Toby mentioned, it would be a pain to sift through every single picture.
Popogeejo
I am not sure if this is even possible, but I was wondering if there could possibly be a "sticky thread" for the gallery that lists all of these rules.

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt)
No. We can't make new threads there or edit the existing titles of the gallery and it's sections.

So thats ruled out.
asunder
if you make up a list of these rules/guidelines, I'll ask paladin to insert it :x (somehow)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
He really needs to tweak with the Gallery, it's really mod-unfriendly. We can't even edit our own posts. We use to be able to just like gallery posts didn't count for over all post totals like the ones in spam central but since that changed for some reason it's been balls-out for the n00bs.

If you could poke him that would be awesome.

I'll bake you a pie.

I think I might have an idea about how to post rules in the gallery, we'll see if it works or not.

Oh and Edamame and Toby if you knew there were protected artwork in the gallery then why didn't you tell me or another mod about it?
Chiyo
Holy Signiture
Edamame
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]430001[/snapback]

He really needs to tweak with the Gallery, it's really mod-unfriendly. We can't even edit our own posts. We use to be able to just like gallery posts didn't count for over all post totals like the ones in spam central but since that changed for some reason it's been balls-out for the n00bs.

If you could poke him that would be awesome.

I'll bake you a pie.

I think I might have an idea about how to post rules in the gallery, we'll see if it works or not.

Oh and Edamame and Toby if you knew there were protected artwork in the gallery then why didn't you tell me or another mod about it?

Sorry for not informing you sooner 'Envy's lil' miniskirt'. I should have informed you when I was talking about the problem earlier.

1. First piece of artwork Note: One of the people
commenting did provide a link to the artist's main page. However, the artist has made it clear that they do not want their work reproduced without permission. I don't know if the person who uploaded sought permission, but I left them a comment.

Artist's web-page

2. Second Artwork The uploader did provide a link to the artist's web-page. However, the artist has stated that they do not want their artwork reproduced on any web-site even if the uploader asks for permission. She written a huge letter about this in English in her gallery section. Second Artist's web-page

Envy's lil' miniskirt
Wonderful, thank you Edamame.

We had a few from that artist, mostly in the shounen ai section. I think I got them all.

T'is a shame, we're going to lose a lot of nice pieces in the gallery. Funny though, that first pic was one in the infamous Ucalypse thread.
Edamame
More pictures off of Yone's website that she doesn't wish to be posted without permission. There is so much lovley artwork in the gallery, but it is such a shame that the artists don't want them posted anymore due to artwork stealing. Ahhh, I feel like such a b*tch now.

The picture and Yone's website: Yone's site

Popogeejo
Fan art used without permission if you look at the Water mark.

I think this user should be banned. Here are her/his finer moments;
DON'T f*!@ WITH ME b*tch ELMO NOWS WERE U LIVE HE'LL RAPE U THEN KILL U AND DON'T FORGET ED IS MINE SO f*!@ OFF U PIECE OF SHIT *pulls out a 50 callaber* OK WITCH ONE OF U FUCKERS WANT TO DIE

screw all u basterds to hell when i'm down with u....... u'll already be there

OK UR RELLEY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
U AND UR PREPPY LITTLE TOEDES IN MY WORLD ALL FUCKEN PREPS DIE IN CLOODING U PREP OR NOT UR STILL DIEING IN MY WORLD SO f*!@ OFF b*tch mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

MasterKris
Long. Yes, I know. I just had nothing else to do.

Starting off with big signatures.
Second sig.
Tres.
Number four.
Has this person ever heard of horizontal?
What a nice thing to credit Chiyo, but sig too big.
YELLOW...... (people will need eye surgery after trying to read this)
This guy has no life.
Yes, it's one of those WTF?! moments.
Huge........
MOMMY!!
Last one.

Taking Hiruka's fanart.

Wonderful english speaking people we have here, we should start a union.
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...img=10472#48113
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...img=10472#47114
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...img=10338#44800
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showuser=27901
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9962#42018
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9772#39243
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9474#46185
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9391#36022
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=8453#28047
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=7350#18683
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...img=10378#45118
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...img=10378#46659

Oh please no... OVERLY HUGE LETTERS!

FULL CAPS!

Beautiful system of using quotes here in this page.

Time for... STUPID FANGIRLING!! (does these count?)
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9474#40640
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=9474#37294
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=6383#13157
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=6377#22067

This dude has an obesession with posting bunch of smilies.
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showuser=36683
QUOTE(PhantomthiefEdward @ Jun 6 2006, 05:55 PM)

Well, somebody's happy! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif lol laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(PhantomthiefEdward @ Jun 6 2006, 06:58 PM)

Ditto! I like the blade! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(PhantomthiefEdward @ Jun 7 2006, 12:30 PM)

Totally agree

That is a very nice picture of the loverly Ed-kun biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Double posting.
I see doubles again, call my lawyer.

Pointless comments
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=6383#15230
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&img=6375#16923

Pointless picture in the wrong section.
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...md=si&img=10599

Dude, I saw a n00b with over 1000 posts... O_O
The Gallery almost seem impossible to bring it back to sense, but one step each time will help.
Popogeejo
Mecoto is still being abusive. (The quote thing changes her name)
Post found here.
QUOTE(Dieing Alchemist @ Aug 10 2006, 11:03 PM)

QUOTE(Flame_Alchemist_obsessor @ Aug 10 2006, 04:56 PM)

i agree, its good, but... ah nvm

STOP CNPLAINING ALREADY I STPOED HAPPY NOW SHUT UR BIG MOUTHS BEFORE I SHUT IT FOR U mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

[Dumb pic removed]
Edamame
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 10 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]430928[/snapback]

Dude, I saw a n00b with over 1000 posts... O_O
The Gallery almost seem impossible to bring it back to sense, but one step each time will help.

I have been seeing that as well. I haven't been here that long and there are people who have been here not much longer than me who already have over 900 posts. (EXample:___GIR) The majority of them can be found in the gallery. I am not sure if the gallery posting counts toward overall post count, but I really can not find these people posting anywhere else. Sadly, the majority of comments in the gallery consists of spam. I wish there was a way to do something about it. You did an excelent job of finding all these spam threads/pictures MasterKris.

Stolen Artwork

Stolen Artwork Two from Akuta's web-site
Popogeejo
Gallery posts do count to the post count.

Sadly, the majority of comments in the gallery consists of spam

It's oddly worse now only members can post from what I can see.
Popogeejo
Thanks for deleting that gallery full o' the nekkid Ed's. to much flamming. smile.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 10 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]430850[/snapback]

More pictures off of Yone's website that she doesn't wish to be posted without permission. There is so much lovley artwork in the gallery, but it is such a shame that the artists don't want them posted anymore due to artwork stealing. Ahhh, I feel like such a b*tch now.

The picture and Yone's website: Yone's site

I know how you feel. I do like some of the art in the gallery, but it's hard to know whether the artists themselves would really be happy with their works being re-posted, so calling them out is the 'right' thing to do...

I'll miss some of the stuff in there, though. unsure.gif

And who knows? It's possible that some of the artists might agree if we just ask them and let them know where their work is being posted.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 10 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]430944[/snapback]

I'm afraid we can't delete images from private galleries.

Sometimes I just want to delete every picture of Edward from the galleries.
Toby-Chan
Did I miss something over the past day or so? Everyone seems to be buzzing about a naked Ed gallery.

:C I missed the nekkid?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 10 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]431151[/snapback]

Did I miss something over the past day or so? Everyone seems to be buzzing about a naked Ed gallery.

There wasn't much to see anyway. *...immature giggle*
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 11 2006, 06:02 AM) [snapback]431151[/snapback]

Sadly for those how wanted to see his wang, the pics were "Tastefully" done.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 10 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]430971[/snapback]

I know how you feel. I do like some of the art in the gallery, but it's hard to know whether the artists themselves would really be happy with their works being re-posted, so calling them out is the 'right' thing to do...

I'll miss some of the stuff in there, though. unsure.gif

And who knows? It's possible that some of the artists might agree if we just ask them and let them know where their work is being posted.

We do have some nice artwork there and I hate to lose it but it's not fair to the artist if they don't want them posted elsewhere. I feel bad for the mass culling that's about to happen in the gallery but what's fair is fair.

You're right, they might like to have their art featured here on the site but we would need permission before we do that.

Awww! I missed the nekkid Ed gallery. sad.gif
I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner.
Colette
Can there be a word filter for "Kawaii" please? I beg of you.

Anyways, do you mind if I post repeats of images? Or do you not care about repeats in the gallery? I'll post loads if you do care, but I don't want to go through the trouble otherwise xP
Popogeejo
I've seen tons of repeat images. I've seen the FMA basketball game atleat 5 times and the "soccer" game three times. I don't think it matters aslong as it doesn't break the rules and even then it's worth a shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.