Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Play Any Instruments?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Quistis88
Since there are all these threads about what people wear and read . . . I figured that this one should be made as well!

So, do you play any instruments? If so, which ones? List all that you play or have tried to play, if possible. If you do not play an instrument, or if you don't think you play enough yet, which one(s) would you like to learn?

Discuss! laugh.gif
Ailuro
I played the recorder in kindergarten! Don't think that counts though. x3

I don't play any instruments. Zero, zip, ziltch, nada, none! I don't really wanna learn to play anything either, except maybe piano..
Quistis88
Oh, the recorder is still an instrument! Of course it counts!

I myself play the Piano, which is the only instrument I take lessons in. I also played Flute in concert band back in high school (I was a lead Flute! YAY!), and played Keyboard/Synthesizer in the school Jazz Band.

I, too, have played recorder. It was fun! I tinker on my Harmonica from time to time. And I sing, and used to be in the school choir and sang many solos. I miss singing with a bunch of people. sad.gif
Ailuro
I was in choir as well. Then my voice got all bad and stupid. I can still sing higher than most people though, which is weird to me since I don't have a high pitched voice.
Quistis88
Usually the singing voice and speaking voice can be completely different, like in my case. My friends didn't even know who was singing this one particular solo until they actually tried to see who was singing (it doesn't help when I'm short and you're sitting behind many people!). They say that I sound very different, so it's no surprise that you would sound different as well. smile.gif And I'm sure your voice isn't bad and stupid!
Ailuro
Oh but it is. I don't know if its like this with other people but I can either sing low or high, nothing in between. When it gets to that certain note that is too high to sing in my low singing voice yet too low to sing in my high singing voice, my voice gets all shaky and ends up completely butchering the song. x_x;
Quistis88
Awww, that's no fun. I'm sure you'll get better with practice. Vocal range is something that some people can extend. smile.gif
Fullmetal Elric
i play saxaphone.....alto saxaphone, and bari sax. they were cool. i was in our school marching band and it was fun. i want to learn to play like guitar but its like now everyone in my school plays and it kind of sucked the life of my feeling for it lol
Gashole
We actually had a thread like this a while back, but oh well. Repetition keeps the forum alive. cool.gif

I consider piano to be my best instrument, but I'm just a mediocre at that. huh.gif I played violin for about 2 years but I don't think I can play anything now. Except for "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" maybe.
Tashi
i play the piano, speaking of which, if anyone has sheet muic for any of the FMA op/ed send them my way.
if i get um ill probably put them up on my site
Quistis88
i play saxaphone.....alto saxaphone, and bari sax

Wow. I wish I knew how to play saxophone! Do you play Tenor as well?

We actually had a thread like this a while back, but oh well. Repetition keeps the forum alive. 

I consider piano to be my best instrument, but I'm just a mediocre at that.  I played violin for about 2 years but I don't think I can play anything now. Except for "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" maybe.

Ahh, violin. I'll never master that. tongue.gif I can play a little guitar, but that's nowhere near the violin, essentially. smile.gif

i play the piano, speaking of which, if anyone has sheet muic for any of the FMA op/ed send them my way.
if i get um ill probably put them up on my site

FMA sheet music! I would like some, too! If you DO get them, PLEASE post it on your site . . . especially if it's the song "Brothers".
Carnal Malefactor
Bass guitar.

And I'm not very good at it.

Hard to be when you've only got three fingers on each hand.
Tashi
yea, if i find it ill put it on the site, itll not only help fellow FMA lovers, itll help me get more trafiic on the site too smile.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Oct 9 2004, 05:31 AM)
Bass guitar.

Really? o.o
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 9 2004, 05:32 AM)
Bass guitar.

Really? o.o

No... but that's the excuse I give to people who don't know me in real life. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Oct 9 2004, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 9 2004, 05:32 AM)
Bass guitar.

Really? o.o

No... but that's the excuse I give to people who don't know me in real life. biggrin.gif

xD That was cruel.
Gashole
Well, I have 6 fingers on each hand. I guess that'll make me twice as good as you.
Ailuro
@-x;
Argh.. You're getting me all confused..
Quistis88
Haha! You guys are hilarious! laugh.gif
Ailuro
Does my confusion amuse you then? @_@
Quistis88
Not in a bad way, no. smile.gif I mean well.
Ailuro
I never meant in a bad way. I'm glad I can be partly reponsible for bringing humor into one's life. x3
Quistis88
The people on this forum make my day, and you're one of them! smile.gif
Ailuro
I feel so loved. :,3
Quistis88
You should. smile.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
i can sing, and i can play a little bit guitar... and i love to play piano though i had never any piano lessons...
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 9 2004, 05:42 AM)
Does my confusion amuse you then? @_@

of course.
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
ailuro (this is a little late but whateva) i think we ALL played the recorder when we were young lol at least the americans, and the ones that went to christian school :crys: i hated it there, as a youngin.

but anyways i've tried to play (of my own free will)

GUITAR: i suck at it.
AND thats about it lol ive never really been one to PLAY the instruments i alwaya listen to music or nowadays i create beats for raps and whatnot on the fancy music editing programs on my computer.! biggrin.gif
althe
I love the recorder! It's such an easy instrument to play laugh.gif

I play the saxophone (alto and tenor), I played the piano (quit like most of us do wink.gif ), and I recently started the cello! It has such a beautiful sound.

I play the guitar at times...well, I have a pretty musical family biggrin.gif

Heh, I have this corner in my house where it's loaded with instruments.
Quistis88
I wish I had a musical family. It would be so fun to jam at family reunions! biggrin.gif

Not that I would, but then again, I am a band geek. laugh.gif
Haroken
I play shitty ass guiyar XD. I play drums. I sing...with a sexy voice might I add. cool.gif
Thievesvinegar
yea, i'm half-assin the guitar too.
Elderberry
Well...I've quit quite a lot of random instruments. I took piano lessons in kindergarten, first grade, and a little in second grade...and then my friend's mother did try to teach me some basic piano in 5th grade...

Like everyone else who grew up with public schools, I also learned to play the recorder, but I can't remember how to play it anymore... (I never really liked the sound of the recorder though- it's a little harsh...)

During...I think 3rd-4th grade, I took violin lessons, but I eventually quit. dry.gif (Hehe, interestingly enough, my brother is still playing the violin and is in the school orchestra. Unlike me. laugh.gif )

In 5th grade, I learned how to play 5 notes on the flute, but then we moved and my new flute was kind of broken (It wouldn't play the D or Eb notes...), so that fizzled out around there... wink.gif

~~~

So, now I'm basically stuck with my weird singing voice. Which would probably be OK, except that it's incredibly high... If I put some effort into it, I can actually sing a couple of fairly low notes, but there's like a 2 octave gap in between (I have no middle range in my singing voice... sad.gif ) So, Ailuro-san, rest assured, you're not completely alone. wink.gif

So, anyway, this kind of weird singing voice means that I can't sing atleast 95% of anime/j-pop songs without sounding really messed up. >_< I have tried practicing to increase my vocal range (I spent the past year trying very, very hard~), but the tiny scrap of progress I made seems to have vanished after school started...

But at least now I can sing louder than I used to... laugh.gif It's fun trying to imitate Amy Lee's voice from Evanescence...

(Wow, that was a really long post on random wasted musical experiences... laugh.gif )
Thievesvinegar
amy lee has a very nasal voice, it gets very annoying.
M3i
I used to play recorder in elementary school too.. and I was actually good at it! Too bad I don't remember anything about it anymore.

Other than that, I only know how to play piano... I've been playing for 9 years and I'm not that great anyway.

I also know a little guitar and drums, but that practically doesn't count because I suck at both. tongue.gif
Elderberry
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Oct 15 2004, 12:05 AM)
amy lee has a very nasal voice, it gets very annoying.

Heehee, maybe that's why I have a really annoying voice too~ laugh.gif

(It's a good thing the people on this forum can't hear me complaining to my friends endlessly about random stuff...)
wolfi1412
it's kinda good thing in forums, coz u don't know anyone..

I played recorder for about 5 and half years.. got sick of it.. and I learned the piano and keyboard, then quit. now playing the flute. and learning violin, wanna learn trumpet or clarinet.
Thievesvinegar
is playing the recorder for 5 anda hlaf years even possible?

eh..i'm just musically untalenteed
wolfi1412
it's possible, but the end u'll get sick of it
Quistis88
The recorder is rather . . . hard on the ears. But if you ever see a soprano recorder . . . run away. Far away.
wolfi1412
what does a soprano recorder looks like?
Quistis88
Exactly like a recorder. Only higher in pitch. I'm not so sure there's actually a difference between a soprano and a "regular", but I did see two labelled differently in a store once.
Elderberry
Oh, those...! I think in 3rd grade when we had recorders in music class, most of us had the normal white recorders, but about 1/3 of the class had these nice black ones well, they weren't that much prettier, but the slightly matte black recorders had nicer aesthetics than the beige shiny ones...), and I think the teacher called them "soprano recorders." I don't remember them sounding different though...I must be turning into an old hag.. laugh.gif

I guess the recorder is mostly just good for learning to read notes...even so, I've forgotten how to read notes and have to count from the low E everytime... sad.gif It's very pathetic~

I played recorder for about 5 and half years.. got sick of it.. and I learned the piano and keyboard, then quit. now playing the flute. and learning violin, wanna learn trumpet or clarinet.

The flute has such a nice sound if played well (that excludes me, obviously laugh.gif ). It would be really cool if I could learn how to play a shakuhachi, though...(I think those are the large Japanese bamboo flutes with 4 holes...)
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
i no lots of pepul who play those instruments.
Quistis88
I own this Chinese flute that I've never been able to play. It's so very different from the standard silver/nickel flute. I might have to pick that up again some time . . .
wolfi1412
got a pic of it? that'll be so cool.. me wanna play the wooden one
Quistis88
I'll see if I can find my camera, then I will share the pic. smile.gif
-Zhou Yu-
yes
hakai-kun
I have a chinese flute too. But I haven't played it in a long time. I don't remember how. I used to play the piano, now I just kinda fool around with it. And I played piccolo in marching band. l0l. I love my piccolo. the precious! tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
I play the piano!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.