HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sending Fan-letter To Arakawa-sensei (Group Fan-letter Project Has Been Closed, But You Can Still Send It Personally), Address (via GanGan mag) on page 9!!
Kirara
post Nov 16 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

~ Group Fan Letter To Hiromu Arakawa Pt 2 (major Update), Project is done and over, thread closed ~

Hi everyone I just wanted to give everyone a little update on the letter to Arakawa. As of today we have 146 names from all over the world (although the majority is from the US). I have created an E-mail exclusively for this project fullmetalalchemistfans@gmail.com which I plan to put down as our main contact E-mail in the letter.

Now for the updates:

1) I am also opening up fan art submissions today. Please submit your fan art to the above E-mail address. My only rules are I need to limit it to 1 submission per person and the fan art has to be manga related. Sending old fan art is fine of course. If you want to be recognized for your work it is your responsibility to add your signature to your piece of work. Fan art submission for now will be closed on Sunday December 11. Please keep the fan art PG.

Umeko has very kindly offered to print out the fan art. So itís thanks to her that we are sending fan art in the first place. smile.gif

2) Now on to the actual letter, I am going to need people to help me compose the letter and to help translate. Below I listed people who have already volunteered if you are still interested E-mail me at the G-MAIL address and let me know exactly what you want to do. For translators we need someone to translate the questions, the actual letter, and the countries where everyone is from (I think we will keep the names in English unless someone disagrees)

Reika- Composing
Oki Chan- Composing
Umeko and CSakuras- Translation (questions)
Lady Mercury- Translation
Kinchi- Translation

3) As for the composition of the letter I would like people to write in this thread something they would like to say to Arakawa. It can be anything, why you love the manga, why you love a certain character, etc. Please make it short and sweet. From this information I am going to try to compose the letter (hopefully with the help of some other people). Of course we wonít be able to get everything everyone says in the letter but I hope to get as much as possible (condensed into about a page)

4) Since I got 35 questions I closed off question submissions. Please vote for your top 10 questions at http://zomgfta.duelstandby.com/viewtopic.php?t=63 . I donít think you have to register to post so please vote.

5) Cool Neko Chan suggested including some fan sites in the letter. If you would like your website to be included please either E-mail me the link or reply in this thread. You can also recommend sites but if it isnít your own give me that personís E-mail so I can ask permission. Please only recommend sites that are somewhat manga related and please no sites with scanlations or episode downloads. If we get to many websites I'll probably have people vote for the top 10.

Finally if you have not already done so and you want to be a part of this letter please give me your name as you would like it to appear in the letter and the country where you are from. If you did this in the other thread than you donít have to send me the info twice. Thanks for everyoneís help.

And again I want to give credit to Senefen for coming up with this great idea XD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mars
post Nov 16 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 21,938

I'd just like to leave my name ^^
Marissa, NY, USA

--------------------
user posted image

Mars=teh pixeller=teh lazy.

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Nov 16 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

Wow, gosh! What should we say?? I guess I'm most curious about what she thinks of the anime and the movie, and how far or close the directors came to her plans, or if she's even seen much of either! That's the best question I can think of right now, if I come up with any others I'll add them.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Nov 16 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the question smile.gif

Now remember don't forget to leave your name and country.

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Nov 16 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

I'd also like to know what she thought of the anime and the movie. Also, I'm curious who her favorite character is. I know it's a stupid question, but I want to know!

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Nov 16 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Everyone thanks so much for contributing but please don't forget to leave your name and location. Unless you already posted it at LJ you don't have to leave it twice. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Nov 16 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

Cristina, Ohio, USA.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Keos
post Nov 16 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #8

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Hey yeah, I'd also like to know what she thought about the movie (but I bet she will just sort of be evasive of an actual response). As a result, I would like to know how long she plans to continue the manga.

June, Australia.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Nov 16 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

wo!!!!! Add me!!! XDDDD (and my friends)

me: Oihane, Spain

My friends:

Dani, Spain
Dani, Spain
Ane, Spain
Jorge, Spain

(that's all for now XD)

oh! and I will help with whatever! I could ask my japanese teacher to translate me the letter if you want, I would like to help with the composing or editing too, just tell me what you have in mind! ^^

PS: Where... did you find the addres?? O.o

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valťrie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Hikusa Rockgirl ...
post Nov 17 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #10

Apprentice

Member No.: 11,424

QUOTE(Reika @ Nov 17 2005, 12:55 AM) [snapback]315972[/snapback]

PS: Where... did you find the addres?? O.o

*points at page 21 from Chapter 53* =O
(If I'm not wrong it was page 21 XD)

I'm not posting anything~ I already did at LJ yay :3

--------------------
I know! my english sux ne! XD; oh well..
IPB Image

Thanks e n v i i for the siggie~!! X3
The Winry Icon was made and drew by me, please do not take without permission, thanks.

IPB Image
Forum Familiy~:
Frozen Ice Alchemist <- Mah cousin! x3

+Quote Post
YoshiCat1
post Nov 17 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 13,970

I have no burning questions to ask Arakawa-sensei as of yet, but I would like to include my name on the list if that's alright. ^-^

Maicy, USA

And if we start a new thread with questions, will only a select few questions be used or all of them??? If we ask too many, it might get complicated. O_O

And I'll probably go talk in the ZOMGFTA forums about this as well. ^-^

+Quote Post
Neko_Nayru
post Nov 17 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 15,505

The address was in Chapter 53, page....21 was it?
As I said in the ZOMGFTA forums I'll be joining!

Susan, Cairns, Australia.

I have a translator on my computer! anything you want to put in the letter I'll type it in!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Nov 17 2005, 02:24 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 11,694

Senefen and Kirara, I officially love you! wub.gif

name: Joan, Barcelona, Catalunya (katakana wa: "katarunya" for the translator/s), Spain.

Comment: I love this manga, I'm buying all the original volumes and have been asking publishers if they've the intention of publishing it. Also, that I'm telling all my friends to read it. I really like Arakawa sensei's sense of humor, storytelling and so... And most specially the detail she puts in her work, with all those characters that appear for the first time long before they're introduced (Scorch...) all the research she does (going to a bookstore and buying books about Military, weapons, psychopaths' minds... XD ), etc.

OT EDIT: ElvishVamp, your Avatar is so great.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Nov 17 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

**get someone to write it in japanese.**

it's a good idea, but I would like to mention something tho...

1) most mangaka, especially popular ones like Arakawa Hiromu, don't reply fan mails because they just don't have the time to. Maybe they will read it... from reading a bunch of shoujo that i own, most of them usually put replies on their personal webpage... but some of them don't even update their webpage often. Some shoujo mangaka said in their manga that usually, an assistant will read out the letters during work time so that everyone can hear it...

2) even if there will be answers, it's most likely going to be in the magazine, and most scanners won't bother to scan in those.

3) English letters might be hard to read. Japanese would be optimal. (as mentioned in the topic starter already)

4) Just use gmail. I don't think you need a website e-mail since it's not likely you will get a long reply... (I think there is a chance of getting a short reply tho.... I doubt you will get all your answers answered.)

5) @_@ Don't write TOO MUCH. It may make people feel overwhelming.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Nov 17 2005, 06:01 AM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

Name:: Fah (katakana = Fu-aa ), Country:: Thailand

Comment:: I love your manga very very much. Its the GREATEST manga I have ever read (I'm serious) and it teaches so many things about life. AND its hilarious and action at the same time ^-^! I have bought ALL 12 volumes of your manga, your artbook, your HagarenDX, and both PerfectGuide 1 & 2(have also begged my friend who is Japanese to buy me your one-shot mangas too). Also appreciate the researching on the military part, and in alchemy, and also with human composition..(Yup, I love Hagaren)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:49 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css