HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Envy's Abilities (thread Contains Possible Spoilers)
Tyrasibion
post Jul 8 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,228

<Closing the thread and moving from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA Anime Japanese Audience sub-forum, to be merged with "How do they do that?" thread. 02/25/07 ~Tomobow>

To be merged with "How do they do that" thread. ~Tombow.

I've been thinking about Envy's shape shifting abilities for a while. We all know he can change his appearance to whatever he wants, big or small. Considering he can change from his normal self to... [spoiler]a gigantic snake (episode 51)[/spoiler] ...means he can ignore the rule of equivalent trade, probably thanks to the red stone he has in his body.

Now, because of this, Envy could also just create things from scratch, right? In episode 50, he... [spoiler] changes into Hughes and throws knifes at Ed. Those knifes came with the uniform and appearance of Hughes.[/spoiler]

Considering he is able to do that, what would happen if he changed into someone with a big coat, and he took the coat off and changes to his normal self? Would the coat still be there, or just disappear? If it is still there, he can just make himself a coat of money, take it off, return to his normal self, and take the money off of the coat he made, and he is rich. He could just "create" many things this way; money, guns, food, anything you can think of. He could even change to a guy with a table on his back, then take the table off and return to his normal self, and he has a new table to eat on.

Considering he can change into anything, he could also just create things without actually changing into something. He could just create a gun into his hands if he wants... [spoiler]just like he did with the knifes of Hughes I just spoke of. Also, he killed Hughes (episode 25) with a gun. Where did he get the gun?[/spoiler]

What do you think of this? Is this a correct theory or is there more to it? I'd like to know how exactly Envy's shape shifting abilities affect this extra "power".

Thanks for any replies. smile.gif

EDIT: I just noticed I used the word "considering" a crapload of times. XD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tombow
post Jan 23 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Breac - I'm going to merge this to "Envy's abilities" thread. biggrin.gif

ETA : Thread merged. smile.gif

To be merged with "How do they do that" thread.
(Getting merged with yet another thread.)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Tyrasibion   Envy's Abilities (thread Contains Possible Spoilers)   Jul 8 2006, 05:34 AM
- - SinLuxuria   I'm sure this theory is correct. You already ...   Jul 8 2006, 08:08 AM
- - popogeejo   The gun he used to cap Hughes could have easily be...   Jul 8 2006, 11:56 AM
- - phoenix dying   This is anime where talking about here people. Not...   Jul 8 2006, 09:27 PM
- - Nepharski   Actually, I've a few things to point out. Fir...   Jul 8 2006, 09:37 PM
- - rekkakitsune   Yah and envy also has superhuman strength and agil...   Aug 9 2006, 11:27 AM
- - MonsterEnvy   ^You're sig's waaaay too big. I think tha...   Aug 9 2006, 11:38 AM
- - SinLuxuria   And how does it not make as much sense as in the m...   Aug 9 2006, 12:02 PM
- - MonsterEnvy   It makes more sense in that it's explained. En...   Aug 9 2006, 12:07 PM
- - nataliel   Tyrasibion, According to FMA manga... I think, tha...   Aug 13 2006, 04:21 AM
- - Untitled   Well, if he changes with those parts, dont those p...   Aug 13 2006, 07:08 AM
|- - Revolutionary Alchemist   QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 13 2006, 08:08 AM) 4...   Aug 13 2006, 09:25 AM
- - nataliel   Untitled, I think Envy will just spit them out an...   Aug 13 2006, 10:09 AM
- - xxEnvyxx   Another thing....can Envy perform an Alchemy when ...   Aug 14 2006, 05:33 AM
- - nataliel   xxEnvyxx, I think it was anime`s mistake. Or H...   Aug 14 2006, 11:13 AM
- - Breac   <Merged "Can Envy Perform Alchemy?" t...   Jan 23 2007, 07:24 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 09:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css