HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :), Closed because it is now expanded as a sub-forum. :)
Rating 5 V
Toby-Chan
post Jan 1 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #646

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

Well, one piece of advice that has been emphasized from the beginning by Ed cosplayers everywhere in regards to automail: Do not use aluminum foil. Ever.

I've never done automail personally (besides using a robo-arm I bought at a dollar store as a prop for a sketch, but that doesn't count) but I'm pretty sure there are a few places online where you can find a tutorial. I think most of the best players make their own sort of automail gloves with sections of foam.

As for the belt, I reccomend looking at weight-lifting belts, since that's essentially what Ed's is. (It seems to function as a back brace for the added weight of his arm.) Look at the design of basic weight lifting belts, or, maybe if you're lucky, you can find a real one of the right color for a good price.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kiarrens
post Jan 14 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #647

Citizen

Member No.: 46,072

~ Elicia Hughes Website - A Reference For Hughes Cosplayers ~

I've got a couple of friends who cosplay as Hughes, and they're always saddened by the lack of images of Elicia up on the internet. So, as a favor to one, I've started this little website that he can just link to in order to torture everyone with Elicia pictures! This site is designed to be a reference for ALL Hughes cosplayers - feel free to print out all the pictures on the site and carry them around with you! Also, if anyone finds more (I think I got screenshots from almost every episode in the series in which Elicia appears) link me to them here and I will put them up on the site.

The site is still very much under construction, Hughes will be captioning each picture soon, and I still have to work on backgrounds and other graphics, but enjoy!

http://www.talesofauli.com/Elicia-Hughes.html

--------------------

~Kia-chan
Check out my: AMVs, Cosplay, and fantasy novel. ^^

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Feb 6 2008, 07:58 AM
Post #648

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

@Kiarrens - Oh my... HILARIOUS. Hughes is mah homeboy. laugh.gif
You need the pic from ep. 13 (with Hughes and the HUEG poster of Elicia.)

Are you getting Dave to do the captions?
If so, it shall be EPIC.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Kiarrens
post Feb 12 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #649

Citizen

Member No.: 46,072

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 6 2008, 07:58 AM) *
Oh my... HILARIOUS. Hughes is mah homeboy. laugh.gif
You need the pic from ep. 13 (with Hughes and the HUEG poster of Elicia.)

Are you getting Dave to do the captions?
If so, it shall be EPIC.

Actually, Josh is doing the captions.

--------------------

~Kia-chan
Check out my: AMVs, Cosplay, and fantasy novel. ^^

+Quote Post
Sereg
post Aug 10 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #650

Citizen

Member No.: 59,542

Hello!
I live in Denmark, where FullMetal Alchemist almost doesn't exist (yes, damn country! xD)
I wanna know where I can buy, over the internet, Envys headband! I want it so badly! Anyone knows? I can't find it on amazone og anything!!

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Aug 10 2008, 06:48 AM
Post #651

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

First of all, this would be more suited for open chat. Second, I don't think you're allowed to post things like this.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Aug 10 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #652

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

First of all, this would be more suited for open chat

Second, I don't think you're allowed to post things like this.

Why not? It's not advertising.

Sereg, your best bet is eBay.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 10 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #653

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ yeah I agree. Probably eBay. Or some of the places where you can buy anime costumes and stuff like that...

And, BTW, this discussion is probably suited for FMA Merchandise or cosplay.

Let's keep the thread as is for a while, so that it gets some exposure, then move it later. smile.gif

ETA: March 24, 2009
Merging this to cosplay thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Dec 9 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #654

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Wigs, wigs, wigs, and more wigs! I just got into cosplaying after trying it out for an athropology project that I was working on for University. Needless to say, I couldn't do anything terrible elaborate, and only had roughly a week to get everything ready, which is minimal to say the least. I am returning to the United States this year, and am planning on attending Otakon. I would love to go as Munich Edward from Conqueror of Shambala, and actually put a great deal of time and effort into a costume. My top question is regarding wigs-
I have long layered honey-blonde hair- unfortunately, it is incredible curly and extremely fine. At first, I was highly against using a wig, but I am not entirely keen on having to use relaxer in my air and then take a hot iron to it. Sure it would look nice for the first several hours, but then it would start to turn into a ball of frizz. I would get extensions, but they are outrageously priced in the U.S and a complete pain in the [All hail lord Xenu] during the warm summer months. Thus, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a site or shop that specializes in high quality (real hair or extremely high quality synthetic hair) pre-styled anime wigs. I have seen some incredibley nice wigs for Edward, and I have also seen some really horrible ones that look unnatural or are colours that remind me of a yellow sharpie marker. I would really love something that looks as natural as possible. I have begun searching online, but I would love to hear advice from some truly experienced cosplayers.I am sure that there are sites that you know, that I would probably never find. Thank you so much for any help that you can provide! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Dec 20 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #655

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

I've always thought it would be fun to cosplay, but I don't really look like any of the characters. sad.gif
If I were to cosplay as anybody, I would either cosplay as Ed or Izumi. biggrin.gif Envy would be fun too...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jove
post Apr 18 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #656

Citizen

Member No.: 67,950

~ I Need An "automail" Arm! ~

Hey all! Long story short, I'm going to Anime Boston (it's at the end of May!) and I'm dressing as Ed. Now I get pretty into stuff like this, so I want to build an automail arm for when I take my coat off (I'm assuming I will, an in the event I do take it off I want my costume to be spot on). I'm fairly crafty but I'm kind of stuck on how to actually do this. I don't want to use real metal because, lets face it, I'll probably hurt myself or someone else somehow haha. If anyone has any idea how I could make something that isn't a hazard, easy to put together, and would last me all weekend I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks so much,
-Jove (Amanda wink.gif)

P.s. If you're really insightful when it comes to stuff like this, I want to have some sort of pop-out "blade" (no real weapons!) that comes out of the top of the arm as if I was, you know, using alchemy to turn my arm into a short blade wink.gif Thanks again!

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 18 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #657

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=9732
Try asking there

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 18 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #658

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thanks, Popo!!

@Jove - Welcoem to the board!! As Popo has pointed out, Cosplay thread is the place to ask for this kind of stuff, as posters there probably has better advice for this. You can go ahead and make another post there, else I can move your post there after a while. smile.gif

Merged to Cosplay thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jove
post Apr 19 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #659

Citizen

Member No.: 67,950

~ I Need An "automail" Arm! ~

Hey all! Long story short, I'm going to Anime Boston (it's at the end of May!) and I'm dressing as Ed. Now I get pretty into stuff like this, so I want to build an automail arm for when I take my coat off (I'm assuming I will, an in the event I do take it off I want my costume to be spot on). I'm fairly crafty but I'm kind of stuck on how to actually do this. I don't want to use real metal because, lets face it, I'll probably hurt myself or someone else somehow haha. If anyone has any idea how I could make something that isn't a hazard, easy to put together, and would last me all weekend I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks so much,
-Jove (Amanda )

P.s. If you're really insightful when it comes to stuff like this, I want to have some sort of pop-out "blade" (no real weapons!) that comes out of the top of the arm as if I was, you know, using alchemy to turn my arm into a short blade Thanks again!

+Quote Post
PaperGhost
post Apr 19 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #660

Citizen

Member No.: 45,953

You could possibly use plastic, though it's still hard it won't hurt as much as metal.
as for the blade set it to a spring and have a lever holding it in the arm,

--------------------
Once upon a time, you died. The End, thats just life.
A day with out laughter is a day wasted

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 11:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css