HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :), Closed because it is now expanded as a sub-forum. :)
Rating 5 V
Toby-Chan
post Oct 7 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #631

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

Haylo, cosplay nerds! Reccomendation tiem!

I'm debating between two wigs of equal design and quality for an Envy cosplay (planning ahead for con in spring). Both very long, straight, without bangs, both made of Kanekoko- kanellono- kannelono- That high quality japanese fiber.

One is black and one is green. Should I just go with natural as long as I'm kind of real-ifying the costume as it is? Or green?

I'm leaning towards black, with hope that it can be worked with to give off a vaguely dark green tint, or just worn plain and used otherwise for general use.

But that's for spring and can wait a while.

As for halloween, I'd like to do a little cosplay for at least one social event, and for that I'm stuck between Death from Sandman, or Claire from Heroes.

In the case I do Death, anybody know how I might find/make a decently sized ankh for a pendant? (I already have a little dinky one on a beaded necklace; I need one that's bigger, at least an inch or more, but not wiccan-ritual-idol sized.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Oct 7 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #632

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,242

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 7 2007, 05:55 PM) *

I'm debating between two wigs of equal design and quality for an Envy cosplay (planning ahead for con in spring). Both very long, straight, without bangs, both made of Kanekoko- kanellono- kannelono- That high quality japanese fiber.

One is black and one is green. Should I just go with natural as long as I'm kind of real-ifying the costume as it is? Or green?

I'm leaning towards black, with hope that it can be worked with to give off a vaguely dark green tint, or just worn plain and used otherwise for general use.

Are you doing Manga or Anime?

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Oct 19 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #633

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 7 2007, 03:55 PM) *

Isn't manga!Envy's hair black? O:

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Oct 19 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #634

Gallery Mod Emeritus

I already got the black anyway, since I can use it in other situations and since his hair is only slightly green, there are no wigs that reflect that subtlety of color, so black is the best default. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Oct 20 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #635

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Oct 19 2007, 03:29 PM) *
Looks like that at Youma we're going to have a Breda, Fuery and a Havoc. We're going to do a photoshoot where Havoc and Breda drag poor Fuery into the maid cafe and proceed to get him very drunk.

OMG!! I wish I could be there for that!!! (lol)
Detroit is tooooo far away for me though.

And YES, manga!Envy's hair is black. I'm sure your wig will be kickass, Toby! Plz post progress pics, K???
(I'll do the same when I start working on my Armstrong sword...)

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
asunder
post Nov 9 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #636

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-rele...t-uk-cosplayers
London, Nov 6, 2007 - Are you a Cosplayer? If you are Anime Central wants to hear from you!

We're looking for people over the age of 18 to participate in an upcoming advertising campaign to be broadcast in the New Year.

We intend to honour the devoted and ever-growing anime fanbase by getting to know the Cosplayers who dress up as their favourite anime characters in a series of interviews.

If you're a Cosplayer and just dying to strut your stuff on television, pop us an email with a short paragraph about yourself. You might also want to include a relevant picture of yourself adorned in your costume. The best piccies will be published on the news page on our website www.animecentral.com.

All applications should be sent to webmaster@animecentral.com. Filming will take place in London at the end of November.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 10 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #637

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Oh my word....

No, my Winry cosplay is too simple in comparison to ther cosplays, even in the UK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Dec 10 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #638

Gallery Mod Emeritus

MOAR costume detail suggestions! Plz to be giving opinions.

Mini said that in order to make the bands on Envy's back (those red stripes/nodes/whatever you call them), she made them out of fabric, stitched them to the back of the shirt and used spirit gum to attatch them to her shoulders. Do you think bindi glue (a body glue used to attatch facial jewelry) might work as well? I've been able to find more bindi glue for a cheaper price, since spirit gum is pretty expensive. (But Woochie is a cool brand name!)

Also... costume contacts. Let us hear opinions on them. (I've heard the admonitions of danger regarding costume contacts, mostly coming from cases where the wearer did not care for them properly, didn't wash their hands while putting them in, or left them in for days.) Are they worth it? I happen to think that level of detail in a costume is pretty awesome, even if hella expensive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Dec 13 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #639

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 10 2007, 08:16 PM) *
MOAR costume detail suggestions! Plz to be giving opinions.

Mini said that in order to make the bands on Envy's back (those red stripes/nodes/whatever you call them), she made them out of fabric, stitched them to the back of the shirt and used spirit gum to attatch them to her shoulders. Do you think bindi glue (a body glue used to attatch facial jewelry) might work as well? I've been able to find more bindi glue for a cheaper price, since spirit gum is pretty expensive. (But Woochie is a cool brand name!)

Also... costume contacts. Let us hear opinions on them. (I've heard the admonitions of danger regarding costume contacts, mostly coming from cases where the wearer did not care for them properly, didn't wash their hands while putting them in, or left them in for days.) Are they worth it? I happen to think that level of detail in a costume is pretty awesome, even if hella expensive.

Re: Attaching Homunculi pulglines...
I would think that IF bindi-glue were similar to Spirit gum in how well it hold stuff together, it would work VERY well for the purpose you mentioned.

I have used spirit gum to glue small wings to my back for various cosplays, and it worked fine for me.
The trick to spirit gum is that it sticks to itself. So you need to get a thin layer on your skin and a thin layer on that which you are looking to attach to your skin. Let both get tacky for a minute or so, and THEN stick the two to each other.

Re: CONTACTS.

In order to get ANY contacts (prescription or not...) you MUST GET FITTED BY AN EYE DOCTOR.
It is MY personal belief that most of the people who have complaints about 'cosplay contacts' are those who have never worn prescription contacts, and therefore have never been fitted by an eye doctor.

I have been wearing contacts for 15 years. I currently own three pairs of 'cosplay' contacts (2 shades of brown, and purple) and I will be needing to get a pair in ice blue for a future cosplay. I always go the length of correct eye color for most of my cosplay. I have never had a problem since I know my correct base curve and prescription.

PLEASE GET FITTED even if your contacts are non-prescription. And DO learn the correct way to care for and clean your lenses.
It makes all of the difference in the health of your eyes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Dec 13 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #640

Gallery Mod Emeritus

How does one go about getting fitted, if I might ask for some basic criteria?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 13 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #641

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I think in most cases you can go to an opticians and they can tell you how well your eyes would cope even if they're not precription. Some people will react badly to contact lenses and they can usually estimate if you will be one or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Dec 13 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #642

State Alchemist (Major)

Exactly. Make an appointment for an eye exam. Your optometrist cam measure your eyes with a normal exam. They may even give you some trial lenses to try out and see how your eyes adapt, since not everyone can wear contacts. I know that one of my friends can't, even though she tried, like, five times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
V Criel
post Dec 30 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #643

Citizen

Member No.: 48,084

~ Help!cosplays, wanted cosplay adive ~

I'm new to world of cosplay. My first cosplay is Ed and I was woundering if any onther Ed cosplays had any adive that might help.

feel free to talk about any cosplay!!^-^

+Quote Post
asunder
post Dec 30 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #644

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

ask in here ... http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=9732

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
V Criel
post Dec 31 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #645

Citizen

Member No.: 48,084

I'm working on an Ed cosplay for a con and I'm trying to finish the automail and make the belt. any ideas that might help me?

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 07:15 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css