HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hagaren Song File: Song Lyrics..., Here's a pathetic translation of one...
Elderberry
post Dec 9 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #31

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

OK! I've finally finished my version of the translation! laugh.gif Fencing is so time consuming...Since we started practicing, I've barely had enough time on mosts days to finish all my homework... unsure.gif And my legs have been really sore for the past week...They didn't hurt at all last year...Why is this? (Ah...it must be the aging effects of stress... >_<)

Thank you so much, hagane_no_tokage-san!! It was so much easier translating this time with the kanji lyrics you provided! (If I didn't have them for reference, I don't think I would have been able to come close to translating 'Returnable Memories...') Dakaratte, Arigatou Gozaimashita! laugh.gif *bows*

So, here's my version...It's probably not as good as the one you've already posted (there were a few lines I had a hard time translating into stuff that actually made sense, so some lines are probably really inaccurate...), but it's nice having more than one translation anyway... happy.gif I love how they have all these little references to Al...

I guess it should be OK to post this one without the spoilers, but since yours is in the spoiler tags, I'll do the same! laugh.gif

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

In that case, I will now proceed to go and read hagane_no_tokage-san's translation...I will most likely return by tomorrow to post words of praise...(Hopefully someone else will have made some sort of reply, so it won't look like I'm double-posting... happy.gif)

Sore dewa, let's start translating 'Asu e no Basho' soon, too! (That one seems less complex than 'Returnable Memories...' happy.gif)

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 11 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

they were pretty similar, actually. happy.gif if i may, i did notice one small mistake you made, when translating "nokoshite miseru"...

残す= nokosu = strand or leave behind

失くす= nakusu = lose or bereave of

an easy error to make. other than that, the translations were actually almost the same, save for wording liberties.

shall we do a dual asu e no basho posting as well? biggrin.gif this is fun, i can't wait till the roy cd comes out and there is more to translate. it's great practice.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Guest_tessa_*
post Dec 13 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #33

Guests

anyone call tell me where to download Returnable Memories and Hagane No Kokoro ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Dec 14 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #34

Moderator Emeritus

Ahahah... laugh.gif I think I meant to say something like "leave behind," but the transliterating stuff got in the way... dry.gif

-!! Aahh! Does this mean that I've become the physical embodyment of innacurate translations that I personally vowed to burn at stake?! blink.gif Nooo~ (I can't afford to die yet...)

Well, I still think your version was better, hagane_no_tokage-san. happy.gif And, as far as I can tell, you get the credit for being the first person to translate 'Returnable Memories.' Omedetou Gozaimasu~! laugh.gif (*pulls one of those confetti cone thingy's that seems to exist only in Japan...*) laugh.gif

Yay! Let's work on 'Asu no Basho!' Since fencing started I seem to have been sapped of all my spare time, but I'll try anyway! It should hopefully be translated within a week...I hope...happy.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
blueices
post Dec 16 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

what's the track list for this cd?
I've downloaded Returnable memories (very very good) but I can't find the other ones.
Any hints as to where to go?
Thanks

Ahh! Nevermind, I found them. (after some hunting)

Sits back in great expectation of the translation to Asu no Basho

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Elric
post Dec 18 2004, 05:56 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 1,378

i have the exact translations(i think) to most of the openings and endings if you want them...
anime lyrics
they r on this site if you want them... biggrin.gif hope i was of some use smile.gif

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 21 2004, 12:57 AM
Post #37

ack! animelyrics posted the lyrics i submitted for hagane no kokoro, but they screwed up! they left out one of the verses, so now it's all cockeyed! T_T hidoi!

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Dec 21 2004, 01:27 AM
Post #38

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

You submitted it? Thank you, I was singing along to that today. biggrin.gif I've been singing to a bunch of other FMA songs, too. Maybe if I can find a file hosting site I could record myself and share. laugh.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 21 2004, 03:21 AM
Post #39

yup! biggrin.gif any lyrics you see submitted by 'hikari-sama'...that'sa me! happy.gif glad to help. i love translating lyrics, so why not share the fun with other fans? that's what i figure. i've submitted prolly around 15 or 20 translations... not all of them are up, sailor bacon has gotten real behind with submissions it, seems, so lately they've only been posting requests or brand-new stuff. i did up a trans of like...5 detective conan songs in one nighht, and that was like three months ago...and they still haven't posted them... but i submitted hagane no kokoro less than two weeks ago... blink.gif *shrug* meh...

and if you record yourself, please do share, i'd love to hear my queen sing! XD do you go to cons much? heh, you can almost always find yours truly in the karaoke room hogging the mic.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Dec 21 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #40

Moderator Emeritus

...Are? Wasn't it "Asu e no basho"? (I guess it doesn't make that much difference, but that's what Ed sings in the song... happy.gif)

And if anyone posts any karaoke clips, please inform me, too! laugh.gif (I would love to sing a lot of Hagaren songs, but my voice is too high for most of them... dry.gif )

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Dec 21 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

wow!!!!!! Thank you very much, ELDERBERRY and HAGANE for the translation of returnable memories..

this sons is one of the most melancholic song i ever heard...^^^^

DOMO ARIGATOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 21 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Elderberry @ Dec 21 2004, 11:06 AM)
...Are?  Wasn't it "Asu e no basho"?  (I guess it doesn't make that much difference, but that's what Ed sings in the song... happy.gif)

i know, i saw that too... meh, someone beat me to that one, and they screwed it up... dry.gif typical...

and prinz, you are very welcome. biggrin.gif it was fun!

so, elderberry, shall we give these guys a *real* translation of asu e no bashou...instead of subjecting them to that obvious amateur's work? wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Dec 21 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 03:21 AM)
and if you record yourself, please do share, i'd love to hear my queen sing!† XD† do you go to cons much?† heh, you can almost always find yours truly in the karaoke room hogging the mic.

I want to hear you sing, too! ^.^ And I've only really been to one con, and that's the only one I'll ever be going to, I think. There's no karaoke there though, otherwise, I'd sign up. But I usually sing songs from Final Fantasy, back in high school, and everyone thought I was Japanese when I didn't even know what the heck I was singing.

Ed's song are at the perfect range, I suppose. Not too high, not too low. And the Roy songs are so hard to sing! I've only tried the 2nd and 3rd tracks, and for the 2nd one, I actually have to sing an octave higher, because Roy goes too low. *sobs*

And Prinz, I loved your little harmonic analysis!

EDIT: Attachment removed! Go check the Karaoke thread in General Music!

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 21 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #44

*rubs hands together* oOoOoh!!! i wanna hear quistis-sama sing!! XD *downloads* i will listen to this once my roommate goes to bed...he already things i'm insane, lord knows what he will think if he hears me listening to people i barely know from an internet forum sing in japanese... O_O

my parents have a mic on the computer at their house, i will record myself singing maybe this thursday when i go there to pick up my sister. biggrin.gif i'm strictly second soprano, tho, so i have trouble hitting those roy notes, too... even tho his songs are a little cheesy, i adore his voice. it's so rich and throaty, it's super sexy, even on a corny song. XD

quis, do i recall you saying you live in canada? i work for an airline, so if you want some help coming to a con sometime, just say so and i will see what strings i can pull. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Dec 21 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 09:13 PM)
my parents have a mic on the computer at their house, i will record myself singing maybe this thursday when i go there to pick up my sister.  biggrin.gif  i'm strictly second soprano, tho, so i have trouble hitting those roy notes, too...  even tho his songs are a little cheesy, i adore his voice.  it's so rich and throaty, it's super sexy, even on a corny song.  XD

quis, do i recall you saying you live in canada?  i work for an airline, so if you want some help coming to a con sometime, just say so and i will see what strings i can pull.  happy.gif

Yes! Record yourself ASAP! biggrin.gif You're 2nd soprano, eh? That's awesome! I remember that I always had to sing 2nd soprano back in choir because no one else could do it. Did you know that 2nd soprano is often one of the hardest parts to sing? Be proud of yourself! biggrin.gif

And I love Roy's voice, too. *sighs contently*

You work for an airline? ohmy.gif Which one? I would love it if you could tug those strings. laugh.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 12:33 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css