Reply to this topicStart new topic
Prince Of Tennis
~FMAgurl~
post May 20 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,210

I just started watching PoT, and I'm really liking it. Not because there's a lot of hot guys in it of course XD. Seeing people pull of impossible stunts is always fun to watch smile.gif

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 22 2006, 07:12 AM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Yay! A Tenipuri thread! ^ ^

I'm a late-comer here, but I've read thru the topic (not that much to read). I have to say, for a sports anime/manga, Tenipuri has surprisingly good dialogue and moments. At this point in time, I reckon the anime is better than the manga (I haven't read most of it.. but rather glossed thru most of it) for the fact that there are chibi episodes and fillers. smile.gif That's the best thing about this show I reckon! Btw, I refuse to believe the people are 12 - 14 year old middle schoolers..... there is some serious problem with that imagery: Ryoma looks at least 14 whilst Tezuka/Momo looks 17 or 18 respectively. To be realistic and avoid confusion, I've just decided to just think of them as high-school students (16 - 18 sounds more acceptable ne? smile.gif ).

This show has got relatively good character-development. The characters don't change much over time, but I feel like I really got to know them and Ryoma whom at first I thought was a prat has become one of my favourite characters. I also love Eiji, Inui and sometimes Fuji (yes I agree he's unpredictable and abit scary.... but otherwise he reminds me abit of Yukito-san from CCS ^ ^). Tezuka is one of the only people I haven't warmed to much throughout the whole series because he's alway so stiff and poker-faced about everything (really the guy has had no development, in my opinion). I must also agree with xrninja and say that Saeki is definitely the hottest guy in the show ^ ^ He's an ideal prince charming, in my opinion.

Regarding pairings..... mm I'm pretty much always a canon shipper person. So I really don't support any shounen ai/yaoi pairings in the show because I believe the guys can just be close friends without succumbing to the typical romantic interest deal. Also I just don't see any romantic connection between any of the guys... the only exception is Yukimura and Sanada (unless I'm greatly mistaken and their brothers).

Unfortunately for a show like this you don't have many strong female characters and the obvious choice of Ryoma/Sakuno don't really do much for me mainly because I see absolutely no connection right now (isn't it time they followed the lead of stuff like Naruto and start developing female characters?). I am still interested in that pairing if Konomi-san writes for it more in the future... but other than that, I don't see any pairings.

Regarding the impossible moves.... have you noticed that it's gotten worse as the series/manga moves on? I thought at first that this was a series/manga based in reality or mostly in reality and now each chapter has just proven me wrong (let's see.... Tezuka zone that killed the dinosaurs, Eiji's Kagebunshin no jutsu, the Dragonball Z charge-ups). Yep - just watch the movie (not the live-action one). Most of the in-series moves don't bother me so much, but I really can't take it when they push it too much... like Eiji trying to play doubles with himself as if he has no problem travelling at the speed of light...

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
~FMAgurl~
post Jul 24 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 5,210

E-gad. PoT is coming to Cartoon Network O_O

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**

+Quote Post
AnImE-lOvEr-FMA
post Jul 29 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 34,746

FINALLY!!
well i dont know many people who likes prince of tennis because i love it!! specially i love eiji and suishiro!! they are so cool happy.gif and the other charqacters also are very cool..well in conclusion i think i love this show and all its characters...and many people think that because of the subject of tennis its a bads program..thats not real!! well so people that havent saw it..why dont you try???

and well i started to see it and at first i wasnt very interested but..then i donts know..now i cant stop wathching it..the only bad thing its that when its advanced thay start everything again!!...i just wanna kill them...on the other part all of them are hot..jeje but also its very interesting to know about the different techniques that thay use in tennis...well this is one of my fav anime ^^

emm one only thing...I wish there could be more female characters..but no like sakuma..i dont like her..i mena strong female characters!! so also they could be friends of all the masculine team! thats the only bad bad thing

jeje bye tongue.gif

--------------------
Solange mustang

+Quote Post
Soujirou
post Nov 3 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #65

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,591

I think that is a quite good serie and and a lot exagerated, that makes it better, For example, Kaoru's Boomerang Snake, Tezuka's effect hit, all Eiji game style and Syusuke's special hits

--------------------

THANKS NIL-CHAN FOR THE SIG :)

I control the Time Flux, with my Chrono Heart and my high speed you will be defeated in 08:32 minutes

See you next time

+Quote Post
metalHead
post May 16 2007, 02:44 AM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 45,883

I totally agree that the storyline is a good thing about Prince of Tennis. Plus the guys are so cute -- that's why yaoi fans love this anime, so much cute boys to pair up.

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Feb 14 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #67

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

Prince of Tennis ...

- it's a complete package !
it talks about sports, school life and it has some love twists and action ...

and Segaku Team is interesting .. they are consist of not only skilled players but also good-looking guys !

I ♥ Eiji and Tezuka .... ! >.<

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css