Reply to this topicStart new topic
Prince Of Tennis
The Flame Alchem...
post Oct 5 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 375

The Prince of Tennis (テニスの王子様 Tenisu no Ōjisama?) directed by Takayuki Hamana, animated by Trans Arts and co-produced by Nihon Ad Systems and TV Tokyo, aired across Japan on the anime satellite television network Animax and the terrestrial TV Tokyo network from October 10, 2001 to March 30, 2005, spanning a total of 178 episodes.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Echizen Ryoma is a young tennis prodigy who has won 4 consecutive tennis championships but who constantly lies in the shadow of his father, a former pro tennis player. He joins the Seishun Gakuen junior highschool, one of the best tennis schools in Japan, and there along with his teamates he learns to find his own type of tennis in an attempt to defeat his biggest obstacle of all: his father as well as himself.

List of characters

Genres: comedy, tournament
Themes: bishounen, school, sports, tennis
Episodes: 178
Age Rating: Universal
(Source - ANN)

----------------

fangirls love this show.. it's a bunch of dudes lol....

that's not y I watch it tho cuz ima guy lol.

but it's about tennis, and friendship, and it's great. if u buy the DVD's (from ebay or somethin) b careful cuz the grammar is horrible so if u arent good at english with grammar and stuff it may b tough 4 u.

but anyways it's a great show i got into it cuz well.. i like anime and i play tennis. the characters are all cool cuz they have their own little styles of play and its mainly about Ryoma Echizan who is a kid in High school but hesa first year student who is better than like evryone else. and they play thru tournaments enduring all sorts of things. the tennis in the show looks amazing i was surprised when i first saw it.

So if u r a girl that likes anime guys (freaks) WHAT. lol
or if u like sports anime's or just wanna get into a LONG series than this is 4 u. It's got good music too.

Tenjou tenge has not that great of music. o yea the jap voices are excellent it's got a lot of funny parts in it too. lol

o yes. if u have seen it please add anything u want or tell me if u liked it or disliked it after watching it. Or if my post helped in some way lol which would kinda funny but WHATEVA.

do the same in the tenjou tenge thread plz..

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

W^ BOUNCE BOUNCE, WESTSIDE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 5 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 667

YEAH!! finally a Tenpuri fan!!! I LOVE Tezuka! I abhor Atobe! (he should die and be denied all mirrors and flowers! that will teach him!)

And they have moutains of merchandise! but I refrein myself and only buy things with Tezuka on it! laugh.gif So many plush! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Oct 5 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

yeah, a tenipuri thread! i finally caught up to anime-otaku's subs, 131! i love all of them except for kirihara. creepy bastard. and kabaji ("oosu.") i do feel a little pedophilic though because they're all in middle school (even if they look like high schoolers. seishungakuen, hyoutei gakuen, yamabuki chuugaku, they're all middle schools)! middle school in japan goes from 7th grade to 9th grade though, so i feel less pedophilic with the sannensei, like ooishi and tezuka XD not to say that kaidoh and ryouma don't still get my love.

PoT is the only series that i don't mind tons of shounen-ai pairings in....i kind of like ooishi/eiji, ooishi/tezuka, ryouma/momo, momo/kaidoh, kaidoh/inui, ootori/shishido, and.....i can't think of the others. i used to be strictly canon-het XD for het kamio/an is cute. sakuno is SO annoying. that cheer she made up, S-E-I! G-A-K! U can say! se-i-gaku! was annoying. and the constant "....ryouma-kun...!" tomo-chan is kind of funny. the ichinensei trio have their funny moments, especially horio, but the whole "deta! boomerang snake!" or "deta! momo-chan-senpai no dunk smash!" gets on my nerves. just TELL the opponent, why don't you. i love their impossible better-than-pro moves laugh.gif

my favorites would be....hmm. like i said, i like them all, minus kirihara and kabaji. well, hottest are tezuka, ooishi, kaidoh, ryouma (pedophilia! aah!), kajimoto (jyousei shounan's captain), yuuta, ootori (from hyoutei), and saeki (from rokkaku). cool but not as hot would be kamio, shishido, jirou, hiyoshi, sanada, and davide. davide's puns are awesome but you have to understand japanese for it to really be funny XD i used to dislike atobe and his "ore-sama"-ness but he's actually not so bad, after the training camp and rikkaidai matches.

tenipuri music is pretty good too! i like "flying bicycle" by ryouma and momo, "minna koko ni ita" by ryouma, "cross with you" by atobe, "honey bee" by kentarou, "meramera" and "wonderful days" by purutabu to kan (which is the band name of atobe, sanada, oshitari, kirihara, sengoku, shinji, and kamio), "perfect game" by kamio, "white line" by aoya (tezuka, fuuji, ryouma, and ooishi's band). and the endings "keep your style" by masatake fujishige and most of all "kaze no tabibito" by fureai.

ahh i wrote a lot tongue.gif hope this thread stays alive!

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 5 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #4

Alchemists

I actually like SakunoxRyoma. I think they are cute.

But Tezuka is MINE!
So all those guys have to get AWAY!!!

And I don't follow any of the rivals, which means I don't know one name from another. Except Atobe, Becuase I have a bitter bitter hatred toward him....

And I have the cds for Tezuka (all of them that he sings on group or solo-becuase I love him! laugh.gif ) and Ryoma. oh and Cap to bin CDs

Have you seen the Musical??? It is strangly addicting!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Oct 6 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #5

Moderator Emeritus

eew, sakuno. i thought sakuno/ryouma was cute for a few episodes, but then she really started to get on my nerves. and then i abandoned a het pairing in favor of a shounen-ai one, ryouma/momo! yeah, i thought Hell was freezing over or something. i just think it's really cute how momo and ryouma interact, and i realized that sakuno and ryouma just don't =P her voice bugs me, and that one episode early on where he supposedly shuns her bentou by saying his "mada mada dane" line and she's crushed and runs off wailing in the wind (something along the lines of "ryouma-kun tte BAKA!! sniff")...bleh. i can see the possibility of a relationship though. the episode where after she gets her racket re-strung and he takes her to the courts was kind of cute.

you should follow the rival players! they're pretty interesting, i love rokkaku....do you not like atobe because of his match with tezuka? how far have you watched up to? i kind of like tezuka and atobe's relationship, it's nice and subtle happy.gif

i didn't dL anything by kap to bin, just because it has inui and kaidoh and momo and eiji in it, none of whom can sing! i like purutabu to kan though, even if mr. leadsinger atobe gets a little off tune sometimes. the first time i heard tezuka sing, i couldn't tell it was him at all biggrin.gif

cosplay creeps me out so i think watching tenipuri with live people would creep me out more XD even if most of them DO look a lot like their characters blink.gif but if i ever find a friend with it, i'll watch it! do the people sound like the real characters?

--------------------
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 6 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #6

Alchemists

Yeah, I can't stand Atobe Becuase of him Tezuka left! I still Download all the eps. The chibi eps are the best. But that last one where some of the guys were girls was quite disturbing.

Tezuka's voice actor is my all time favorite! I can listen to him all day!

And the musical??? Well they really look like them. Do they sound like them? No not really. Especally Tezuka! That guy can not sing! But I like it anyways. I do like the Ryoma actor. And Fuji is the You Got Game theme singer.

Then I take it you haven't seen Tenpui Live! That is with the actuall voice actors. there is this one part that they play the game. It is most interesting.

And Cap to Bin songs are ok. Even though most of them can not sing. They are "Fun" songs. But of course I prefer Aozu songs! Have I mentioned I love Tezuka??? laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
The Flame Alchem...
post Oct 6 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

And they have moutains of merchandise! but I refrein myself and only buy things with Tezuka on it!  So many plush!

u r damn straight...

lol, c i told everyone fangirls love the show lol.

the last chibi ep was good tho bcuz it was funny i love ryoma throwing the hats and all that stuff lol

but rokkaku they r the ones that wear red right?! with the other freshamn that ryoma played against that had that weird like hexagon racquet right.?

i like them i like the guy that has red hair and cracks all those dumb jokes then like does the thing with his mouth and laughs and OMG ITS SO FUNNY JUST THINKIN ABOUT IT lol. then he always gets hit. but you are right the names and yelling them out and the cheers r horrible the supporting characters they gave no personality or any kin of care towards at all... NO character arc at all. basically ALL the supporting characters blow..(supporting as in, the three freshman + horio (even tho horio is funny sometimes.) but also the cheeriong girls) AHH I CANT STAND THEM.

but other than those few characters everything else is pretty cool i love the show. lol since i play tennis is tried to do ryoma's twister (Americanly known as kick) AND I CAN DO IT! it's actually my first serve! (cuz im left handed lol)

wow im glad i could say all that lol

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 6 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

QUOTE(The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU @ Oct 6 2004, 07:23 PM)
but other than those few characters everything else is pretty cool i love the show. lol since i play tennis is tried to do ryoma's twister (Americanly known as kick) AND I CAN DO IT! it's actually my first serve! (cuz im left handed lol)

Know as a kick? Really? Why? But it is cool that you play tennis. I wish I had some athletic ability. But Sadly I don't.

But poor Sakuno. So many people don't like her. But don't worry I do. smile.gif

But I have noticed, What is with people, that always wants to pair characters up? I know I do it too. So I am just as guilty. I wonder why we can't just let people be friends with out implying something is going on between them? Oh well sad part of human nature I guess. Even though I do want Tezuka to be alone... (becuase he is mine!) Anyways.. I don't think I would like him as much if he had a different voice actor. dry.gif you know I think I am a tad obessed with him... laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Oct 6 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

that's what i usually think, that guys in an anime should be able to be close friends without it being interpreted as gay. like for getbackers i'm so against ban/ginji cause they just seemed like best friends, but i guess after seeing some of the official art ban/ginji is canon >___>;; so i don't know what's up with me and tenipuri and guyguy pairings! well, i don't insist on any of them being paired up because they're a great group of friends too. but the whole thing with kaidoh misinterpreting what inui said that one episode with momo, an, and kamio, and how he thought they were going on a date....XD the love rectangle.

obsessed with tezuka? .....i hadn't noticed laugh.gif

--------------------
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
The Flame Alchem...
post Oct 7 2004, 11:48 AM
Post #10

Apprentice

lol with the whole pairing of characters i dont think i have ever done it lol

well mayb a couple of times but not like guy/guy or girl/girl lol

thats kinda ... weird ... but its funny when it happens in the anime just i dunno ive never done that kinda thing..

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
Aqua_Alchemist
post Oct 7 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 257

I made a thread about this anime agesss. Ago, which showed my pessimism of the series. But after actually watching it, I have found it very enjoyable, despite the impossible shots (I mean it hits the court and rolls across it tongue.gif), and broken wrists (maybe this does happen in reality, but I've yet to see a game with it biggrin.gif). Anyhow overall a very enjoyable series.

--------------------
This section of my signature will be used in memory of Lint the chocolate kitten, that Kase had.

Part of the forum family, Older Brother (onii-chan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to glass factory.....now :P :D

Glassfactory page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky black clouds were gathering
The silence was broken by cries
A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky - The silence where dead angels lie

+Quote Post
The Flame Alchem...
post Oct 7 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

lol yea the impossible shots are funny but cool...i mean some of their special shots are actually real

like yomas AMZAING twist serve ... i can do that, and oishi's moon thing ITS JUST A LOB..... lol nd eiji's quick reactions those r real lol just hard to do...

but i like thew fake shots they give me things to laugh about.. also the broken wrists that can happen i've seen it b4 and ive broken to fingers bcuz of hard hit shots.. lol but its all good in tha hood!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
ryuuko
post Oct 25 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 1,618

TEZUKA IS MINEEEEEE~~~~
well, nice to find some tenipuri fans here~ oh well! i am a buchou mei!!! OUDOU!!!! anyways, love buchou so much~ >_< everything in my room is him lol, oh yeah i just got one more tezuka plushie today YEAH~
anyways, anymore you are up to 157 in the anime? omg i can't wait for 158! kevin vs ryoma how nice!!!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageMy Prince Of Tennis FanSite

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Oct 25 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

dude the tenipuri site in your sig is YOURS?? *__* i visit that site all the time! thank you so so so so much for uploading all that tenipuri music. you are awesome. i just went there yesterday, oishi's message is so weird XD what is he doing, blowdrying his hair?

you'll have to fight with aoisora for tezuka buchou though happy.gif i'm only up to episode 132 though because that's as far as anime-otakus has subbed. aaah.

--------------------
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 25 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

QUOTE(ryuuko @ Oct 26 2004, 03:32 AM)
TEZUKA IS MINEEEEEE~~~~

Oh.. Is this a Challenge?!?!?!?!??!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css