HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What The Fma Anime Series Is Really About, To You?
Angelic_Reaper
post Aug 4 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,101

Isnt it an expansion on the thought that Alchemists of our time [present] could create gold from metal and how some people are totally against it , such and such? If you look, most good anime/maga's start with some form of promise or loss. Elrics loose mother, swear to get bodies back, kid from loveless lost his brother, wants to know why, etc. Then we see all these stories that relate the Homoculus or Golem to an alchemic test of bone matter, human hair, etc, so of course we gotta chuck them into the pictures. Then the stuff about the Philosophers stone and how with it alchemists were sure they'd be able to transmut their crap on the spot, tada weve got gold and the world is saved, yada yada yada, we exspand on that, thus desiding that not only can this all powerful stone create gold but now it can do other things such as turn the Elrics back into flesh and make dead people alive! yay. Then of course we stir in some conflict, funny junk, bad guys all around, and of course a girl the heroin is in realtion/inlove with/to. Then we add in some guy whose holy "read my frekkin bible" and once we have that for some more conflict, eh we'll throw in the deadly sins and some evil wetch to rule them. A twist here a twist there tada!

Alchemy+Conflict+Love+Homoculus/golem+God+Sins+Promise/Loss+Funny+Romance+Sadness +Happyness=Fma.

//excuss all spelling mistakes made in this post//

<Edited to add a space between Sadness and +Happiness on one continuous line above to prevent the forum page from getting stretched sideways. ^^ 01/29/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ting
post Aug 25 2006, 03:25 AM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

Its about a midget and a suit of armor trying to gain back their bodies.

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Aug 26 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #33

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

QUOTE('paca')

I think that are more than one things that fma is about.

Could you specify?... Give us some examples of what you think it's about.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Aug 27 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 33,232

I would actually break from the coming-of-age angle; I see it primarily as a story of redemption. I think that, in a sense, Ed and Al's big coming of age moment is smack dab at the beginning of the series when their attempt at human transformation fails. That's when they realize the danger of human transmutation, and when they are forced to grow up the most. Everything that follows isn't so much their efforts to gain maturity (although there's a certain amount of that), but rather, them trying to set things right and redeem themselves from their sins.

It's the difference between viewing the Star Wars saga as focused on Luke or Anakin. If you just look at Luke's story arc, he's a kid who grows up to save the world--a pretty well-worn plot. But when you shift the focus to Anakin, the story takes on the weight of a protagonist who has sinned and is ultimately redeemed; it approaches tragedy, myth.

I think part of FMA's appeal is that Ed and Al are not your typical anime whiny angsty teenagers that don't have a clue about what's going on; instead, they have clear goals and they are determined to achieve them. Certainly, there's an element of coming-of-age as they learn about the prejudices of the world and the injustices done to the Ishbalans. But when you get down to the basic story arc it's about two brothers trying to redeem themselves from their past mistakes.

+Quote Post
xxEnvyxx
post Sep 18 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,576

FMA is all about reality & fiction..
Some of its story aren't real but some are true..
Like for example: Alchemy isn't real but the law of Equivalent Exchange is true...get it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
000_neji
post Sep 18 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 40,666

Yes,I get it..FMA is an anime that is all about nothing but Alchemy and the life of the Elric brothers since the title merely talks all about Edowardo-san...

--------------------
"I'm Hyuuga Neji and you know It...."
"I refuse to a Battle of Wits with an Unarmed person..."

Our own site...Check it out...

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 13 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

To me, FMA is a lesson that Ed and Al learn. The statement that sums up the series for me is what Ed says in "Goodbye" when he's in the car with Mustang - "Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside our dreams"
I believe this sums up the series because in the beginning they were only thinking about themselves and that they wanted to bring their mother back. In the end, Ed realizes that they can't do things just because they seem right to themselves.
This theme is better protraded in the movie.

If you look at the series as a story of redemption, then to me that is best portayed in Scar. When he begins killing all the State Alchemists, it is nothing more than him getting revenge. He realizes this, knows what he is doing is wrong, but he thinks this is all that's left in his life. His brother's dead, his people were massacred, his own body was mangled, he was mad at everyone.
The most important thing to know about Scar is his feelings on his brother. He hates him for studying alchemy, but in the end, seeing how even when Ed and Al fought they forgave each other, he forgives his brother, drops his anger and everyone, and dies in relative peace.
The quote that his master says: "Even in the darkest of suffering a man can sleep, but for the man who imflicts the suffering, his mind can never rest - ever." Is one of my favorite in the entire series. It's complimented by two statements from Scar.
In one episode he hears his master's words in his head and he then says: "Fine, then from this point one I'll never sleep again."
And then when he dies he admits that all that he had done was wrong, but he was glad he could at least help Al before he died, and that enabled him to die in peace.

+Quote Post
Mudkipblader
post Jan 19 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 42,534

@ GREEDisGOOD
You're quoting made me kinda sad. T^T
But it's oh so true what you say.

When I first started to watch the anime, I wasn't really thinking about it. But while continuing the story, I felt the Anime had something bigger hidden inside it. Not just the usual world peace and stuff, but something else.

The bond that Ed and Al share is one that can never be broken, however hard the circumstances are. I guess it's one of the great lines of FMA: the bond that is between family members, especially between those that have the same blood.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside our dreams"

Perhaps this line says it all. Two boys that lose their dearest family member, for their own reasons they try to bring their Mom back. For their own they set on a journey to recover what they lost, but during their journey they learn that they can't live happily and in peace without thinking about the others.

--------------------

Please check out my art :My devart account

+Quote Post
Ratzenheich FMA ...
post Jan 23 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 39,297

I'm out of words. Nearly everyone else's posts are already what I think FMA is about... actually all those people that had relatively long posts.

--------------------

"Destiny is only an excuse to let things happen, and not make things happen"

+Quote Post
Matt Perry
post Jan 23 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,608

I'll try and sum it in one sentence.

"Entertainment."

--------------------
-- Matt Perry, Roleplay Portal Moderator --
<Your sig is too big (tall) for this board. The Max sig space for our board,
including all texts and pics, is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high, which is this much space.
Please contain all your sig stuff within this size. Thank you!! >

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/mtp...66337875252.jpg
-- I'd tap it if I were Setsuna. --
-- 'Cause Konoka be looking fine. --
-- Call me a KonoSetsu shipper, no, call me a KonoSetsu addict. --

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Jan 30 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

well, its about this Two boys name Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric, that Tries the mosty Forbeined Act of Alchemy ever, Human Transmution, Those Boy have Better Learn thier Leasons cuz if they don't I be piss.. lol, back to the Subject, well those boys try to find away to get this Substance called "The Philopher Stone". But Throught Out thier Journey that Meet Some nice ppl, but some CRAZY @$$ people lol..so yea thats what i summerize about Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jan 30 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #42

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(The Keyblade Alchemist @ Jan 30 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]498695[/snapback]
well, its about this Two boys name Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric, that Tries the mosty Forbeined Act of Alchemy ever, Human Transmution, Those Boy have Better Learn thier Leasons cuz if they don't I be piss.. lol, back to the Subject, well those boys try to find away to get this Substance called "The Philopher Stone". But Throught Out thier Journey that Meet Some nice ppl, but some CRAZY @$$ people lol..so yea thats what i summerize about Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

Whoa...way to not get the question.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Chiisana
post Jan 30 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,646

For me, if not talk bout the conclusion of FMA. It looked more like two unlucky boys.. for me >_> Their father left home and their mother died. Rather calling it unlucky, fate would suits better.
Then the two boys wanted to see their mom again, breaking a taboo and ended up even worse fate.

Anime, the two of them separated from each other, the only family they have = cruel fate.

So if I ignore my knowledge bout FMA, then FMA would only mean bout two brothers and the cruel fate that falls upon them >_>

--------------------
|| =deviantArt= || =LiveJournal= ||

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 1 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #44

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

QUOTE(Chiisana @ Jan 31 2007, 03:04 AM) [snapback]498771[/snapback]
For me, if not talk bout the conclusion of FMA. It looked more like two unlucky boys.. for me >_> Their father left home and their mother died. Rather calling it unlucky, fate would suits better.
Then the two boys wanted to see their mom again, breaking a taboo and ended up even worse fate.

Anime, the two of them separated from each other, the only family they have = cruel fate.

So if I ignore my knowledge bout FMA, then FMA would only mean bout two brothers and the cruel fate that falls upon them >_>

Their father left home because his body is beginning to detrioriating... and that is the start of turning point of the faith of the two poor boys.

There is a quoting in our world that "Love is everything" and since they are still a small brat, all they want is to see their mother's smile again and they didn't realize the danger of breaking the taboo since there are no one can tell them the ultimate consequences of breaking the taboo.

By the way...Ed looks cool with Automail... right? Even a katana can't damage his right arm. [Episode 9]

+Quote Post
travisbmoore
post Feb 23 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 44,534

It is about making a really cool anime series that has a few deep subjects so people will debate and think it is even cooler. And the comedy balances the blood and violence.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 05:54 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css