HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 59 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Antimony
post May 1 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,225

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 59 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 17.

==============

RAW and content discussions start on page 7!!

~Chapter 59, New Month, New Chapter! Countdown and prediction!! ~

We're almost at the the Chapter 60 mark! Yay!

The flashback should pick up where Riza left off and we'll get to see Roy, Armstrong, and the three other State Alchemists fighting in Ishval. Maybe we'll see how Scar got his scar and if it was Kimbley who gave it to him as it was in the anime. Marcoh and Knox haven't made appearances yet, so whatever they were up to is still a mystery. Riza herself hasn't appeared in her own flashback, either. What was she doing all this time? Hopefully we'll get some more clarification on these things in a few days. Squee! biggrin.gif

<Last edited by Michiyo- on July 17, 2011>

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reika
post May 1 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

squeee!! can't wait to read it!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post May 1 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

Oh, must you remind us that we're waiting? grrr. Marcoh and Knox did make a teensy weensy appearance each in chapter 58, Knox when Riza's doing her speechish thing, and Marcoh just before Scar. But, yes, they haven't *appeared.*

My bet is that the chapter starts out with Marcoh, and him beginning to explain to Scar what was going on in the laborotories (bets that they use the Ishvalian military members?) Then, we move back to Al and Knox, segued through Knox appearing in Marcoh's flashback. Next, we learn about the extermination from Knox, and finally return to Riza and Ed talking about her history.

Just a speculation, but I think that all three of those things will be in the chapter, if not necessarily like that.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Reika
post May 1 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #4

My bet is that it starts as if noone is telling us anything, and eventually will appear marcoh telling the story.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post May 1 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 28,255

I hope some EdxWinry is added.

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
Reika
post May 1 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #6

I wish some RoyxRiza T^T

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
N. Havoc J.
post May 1 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 35,009

QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ May 1 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]388894[/snapback]

That would be completely random and out of place.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Crystal220
post May 1 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 35,341

ohh but i bet Sensei might just save the best for last...

that might mean no RoyxRiza moments till quite a bit later..! T__T

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post May 1 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 32,500

QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ May 1 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]388899[/snapback]

Yes, Winry is off in Rush Valley, and they're in the middle of beginning the Ishval flashback. EdxWin *will* happen in the series (yay, fangirls and fanboys alike!) but not anytime soon. Chapter 70, 75 would be my guess... *drools in anticipation* It'll be nice when they finally get over all of that... schtuff. I wonder what Al would think about that? Once he gets his body back, he might like Winry just as much as Ed...
*gets back to the matter at hand*

Reika, I agree that that's another possible and even likely beginning. Another is that they start with 'executive order 3066' and then show the alchemists pwning women, children, and various establishments. It should be a pretty awesome chapter: we'll finally begin to understand what happened in Ishbal. This spoiler party will probably be one of the best that we've had in a while.

9 days until the RAW!

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post May 1 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Antimony @ May 1 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]388830[/snapback]

We're almost at the the Chapter 60 mark! Yay!

The flashback should pick up where Riza left off and we'll get to see Roy, Armstrong, and the three other State Alchemists fighting in Ishval. Maybe we'll see how Scar got his scar and if it was Kimbley who gave it to him as it was in the anime. Marcoh and Knox haven't made appearances yet, so whatever they were up to is still a mystery. Riza herself hasn't appeared in her own flashback, either. What was she doing all this time? Hopefully we'll get some more clarification on these things in a few days. Squee! biggrin.gif

Hmmm, note: It was not Riza's story... How the f*** would she know what Scar and his brother would have been discussing? Or about the Rockbells? (If she knew, not telling Winry about that would've been REALLY cruel)

It's just that, the "coincidence" of several characters reminding Ishval at the same time serves as an excuse to show us, the readers, what happened there as if it was the normal manga, that is, from no specific POV, and all of them at the same time. Just to close, at least to us, the readers, this topic once and for all.

This quite a usual thing to do, AFAIK, in narrative.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Keoni
post May 1 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,992

Jeeej! I can't wait (yet again)

I hope we get more insight in Ishvall in this one. But I "fear" it will go into Scar's side of the story, the tatoo on his arm, that sort of stuff. And maybe the encounter with Kimblee.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 1 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #12

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ May 1 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]388899[/snapback]

Well not really, the past couple of chapters have had some form of Ed/Win, its just not been interaction between them. I think it will be hinted at quite a bit now (where needed)

I hope this chapter is a bit more then filler, it has to build up to chapter 60.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post May 1 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 23,257

Ishbal spills it's secrets...amongst other things. Here's some food for thought: Didn't some of the Devil's Nest crew hail from the Ishbalian front? Perhaps we haven't seen the last of our loyal subordinates. We also finally get to see Kimbley and Grand, face to face, which brings up another interesting note. All this time, we've steadfastly stood by that the Manga Grand might not look like the Anime one, as he hasn't appeared yet, nor was likely too at the time. However, this suggest that the two media are closer in this aspect than we might have thought. What I want to know is...when comes Archer? ph34r.gif

Scar's tatoo and scar will reveal themselves soon, methinks. Perhaps we will even know his name...

Also, and this is merely wishful thinking, the last round of flashbacks we had ended with a resolution and a new Homunculi. Perhaps the patern will repeat itself.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post May 1 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

THE LONG WAITED CHAP OF THE ISHBAL WAR!!!!!!!!
(can't wait can't wait can't wait!!)
Finally, secrets will be revealed~~ ph34r.gif

Scar's tatoo and scar will reveal themselves soon, methinks. Perhaps we will even know his name...

GASP!!
I totally forgot about that!! Mabye Scar's name will be known.. but I don't think it will be revealed in the next chap though... possibly the next next one or mabye Arakawa-sensei will do the same thing as the anime and seal it off.

*cks*
10 days left~~

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
GS4Life
post May 1 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 28,615

As intriguing as Ishbal is I really hope we get some Winry,Greed II, and RanFan. Funny out of all the crazy ideas and out of all he crazy question I've had in my head, I never once really owndered what Scar's real name is. I'm betting that Hiromu revealed some secrets to the anime wrters about her plans for the future(like that Kimblee killed Scar) but that though has me really worried about Ed killing Greed(Yikes even the possibility is scary sure it adds more drama but ;_; at the though of Ed having to kill Ling, though I bet that's nothing more than paranoia on my part) I wonder if Envy is going to play a big role in the war rather than justing shooting a kid(I mean seriously I hope that Envy doesn't get Darth Vader'D and is only though of to kill kids that just wouldn't be cool)

From what the Homonculus were saying it sounds like nearly an entire country had to be used as ingredients for a Philospher but from what Marcoah was saying I'm guessing the Ishvalians were used as sacrifices but between the ones killed on the battlefeild and the suviors there doesn't seem to be nearly enough people to make a Philospher Stone, especially taking Xeries into consideration. I wonder if there will be any more Alchemist other than Roy,Armstrong,Gran,Marcoah,Kimblee, and the Silve Alchemist(forgot his name) you'd think there'd be more State Alchemist than just them.

--------------------
"I found it in a bail of Thai sticks. Shame really, I was going to make it into a lamp."-The Truth(GTA San Andreas)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 11:01 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css