HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Arakawa's Other Works! (Juushin Enbu, Raiden-18, and more!) Arakawa has other awesome works beside FMA!, Moving some posts from this thread to relevant threads below :)
Rating 5 V
Shirokage
post Apr 26 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,451

@ MonsterEnvy:
Wow, you're quite fast at editing! 3 hours!? @_@ It took me something like over twelve hours to do Stray Dog (but then again I was translating and editing at the same time...). The font pack is attached to the first post. It's just the few fonts most commonly used by me, I might added to it later. Don't know if they're mac compatible though, most of them are true type fonts.

@ armor-alchemist:
Maybe you should try using photoshop? It may seem a bit hard to use at first, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Editing is a lot easier after you get used to using it, especially after you start using the keyboard shortcuts.

Ack, I don't think I can finish Shanghai before the break ends, that means it's gonna be frozen for something like 5 weeks...

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 27 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 26 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]386593[/snapback]

@ armor-alchemist:
Maybe you should try using photoshop? It may seem a bit hard to use at first, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Editing is a lot easier after you get used to using it, especially after you start using the keyboard shortcuts.

But according to the "Advanced Global Personality Test", I am a "Change Averse". XD

Change Averse
follows fairly predictable patterns in life, prefers to stick with things they know, routine and habit make them feel secure, prefers the familiar to the unfamiliar, the habits they have now they will have a year from now, does not like to be without guidance, prefers the proven to the experimental, gets very attached to things, wants everything to add up perfectly, desires security and support, more past than future oriented, frequently feels envious, predictable, can't adjust well to new situations, does things by the book, avoids being called on in group discussions, would not enjoy being an entrepreneur

*gets shot by shiro* XD
*drags legs back to room to study*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Apr 27 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Nah, I won't shoot you, I'll just hit you with my fists and nag you until you finally succumb to the need to study or to editing power of photoshop. And the test does say prefers the proven to the experimental, so you would like photoshop, since it is proven to be good image editor.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 27 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #19

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]386616[/snapback]

Nah, I won't shoot you, I'll just hit you with my fists and nag you until you finally succumb to the need to study or to editing power of photoshop. And the test does say prefers the proven to the experimental, so you would like photoshop, since it is proven to be good image editor.

I tried coloring with Photoshop before (for a contest that stated that the picture must be done with Photoshop) and it was frustrating... and took 2x as much time as it would have if I used Open Canvas... oh well, I guess it's c uz I didn't know all the functions of Photoshop... should really go read a tutorial or something...

now a little off topic question, since you are Chinese, do you recognize the two anime characters in my siggie? 8D;; If you lived in Hong Kong or Taiwan and didn't move away until ~1995, and if you are around my age, you should have seen this anime... 8D;; It was really popular back then...

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Apr 27 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

I don't know who they are, since I migrated in 1992. Who are they?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 27 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #21

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]386671[/snapback]

I don't know who they are, since I migrated in 1992. Who are they?

Ah nothing special, it's called "魔神英雄伝ワタル" and it was really popular back then when I was a kid (and I just recently found a download for the season 1 and 2 of it)... just wondering if anyone else knows about it, that's all tongue.gif (oh well, enough off topic XD)

(refering to Cantonese dub) and it just so happens that the main character of this anime, Wataru, has the same voice actor as Ed's... I found it kinda funny that when I watch the first episode of FMA in Cantonese dub, I was like "OHHH It's Wataru's VA for Ed!!! Yay!" XDDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 27 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 02:32 AM) [snapback]386593[/snapback]

@ MonsterEnvy:
Wow, you're quite fast at editing! 3 hours!? @_@ It took me something like over twelve hours to do Stray Dog (but then again I was translating and editing at the same time...). The font pack is attached to the first post. It's just the few fonts most commonly used by me, I might added to it later. Don't know if they're mac compatible though, most of them are true type fonts.

it's not that fast, it's just dedicated. I've figured out how to use my image editor for it pretty well, and i can blank and edit in an average talking page in less than five minutes... I have some odd programs that facilitate it, too, and I guess i'm just quick at typing. (it actually took me more like six hours to scanlate FMA, but around half of that was just figuring out how the editor worked)

Out of curiosity, how many japanese speakers do we have around the forums? It'd be nice to compile a list or something for scanlations/language questions.

I know Tombow, armor-alchemist, Shirokage, CSakuraS (although, apparently she only scanlates for Umeko) and I think that there are a numer of others who have some knowledge, but perhaps not enough for a full tranlation of a chapter...

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Apr 28 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 28 2006, 01:17 AM) [snapback]386908[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, how many japanese speakers do we have around the forums? It'd be nice to compile a list or something for scanlations/language questions.

I know Tombow, armor-alchemist, Shirokage, CSakuraS (although, apparently she only scanlates for Umeko) and I think that there are a numer of others who have some knowledge, but perhaps not enough for a full tranlation of a chapter...

I have some knowledge... but not enough for a full translation of anything sleep.gifU
And armor-alchemist speaks (and translates from) Chinese. She has notions of Japanese (to what point, I don't know).

*is wrong about a-a, and thus gets bricked by her*

There was hakai-kun too, dunno if still around. And there was murasaki, who appeared, posted some scans of PGB2 and disappeared happy.gifU

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Apr 28 2006, 01:20 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

MonsterEnvy, you're overestimating me. My japanese isn't really that good (therefore I love my japanese dictionary).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 28 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #25

Brigadier General

Yea, I am not that good either, seeing that I only got C+ for Japanese 101... *gets shot*

That's why I love my Jap textbook + dictionary XDDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Apr 29 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Maybe that's why our translations are so slow? Ack, maybe I really should consider studying a japanese paper or two at uni...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 29 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 32,500

Really, slow is better than none... I've been trying to find someone who'll teach me japanese for months now, and it's almost impossible. Everyone seems to know 'enough to get by' and never really have learned to speak or read the language.

anyway, being able to scanlate is enough japanese to be considered 'speaking it' as far as i'm concerned tongue.gif

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
CutEowyn
post Apr 29 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 34,777

Oh my god ! Actually I think translating is really really slow no matter how good you are. I just started translation from english to french for a fansub team. It's obviously easiser than that you do because well we have the same letters in french and english, but I'm soooo slow... Maybe it's because we are careful about the words, right meanings.......

By the way volume 6 is about to be released in France, there have been too much differences some times between french editor and the team Toriyama's world, and then there are more differences with Evil Team. What do you think about these teams?
In chapter 20, did Izumi say "macho" or "charming"? What do you think about translation of chapter 15 page 10?
OMG I hope this isn't off topic and it don't bother you....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Apr 29 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

I haven't seen the original japanese scans for the chapters that you mentioned, so I couldn't really comment on that. Sorry, can't help you there.

@ MonsterEnvy:
I suppose that I only 'know enough to get by' as well. My formal education in japanese is only two and a half years at highschool. I've done some studying on my own, and since I'm chinese, I know most of the kanji (but do be careful not to fall into the trap that they always mean the same thing, sometimes they don't).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
catalyste
post Apr 30 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #30

Citizen

From: i'm on a bike. you can ride it if you like. it's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good. i'd let you have it, but i borrowed it.
Member No.: 33,981

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 27 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]386908[/snapback]

i can translate. however, i prefer not to translate FMA chapters because i like reading them when they're already translated, edited, etc. besides, i am lazy and feel that i have enough on my plate with Fruits Basket chapter translations. Xb

this is just an FMA chapter preference, though, i don't mind translating other things or answering questions. it's not much, but if i'm ever needed i'd be happy to help. =)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 08:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css