HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Edwin Or Royai?, Which couple do you like better?
Rating 5 V
EdxWin or RoyxRiza? And, tell us why!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 393
Guests cannot vote 
AzzieMusical
post Nov 13 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #256

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,675

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Nov 12 2009, 03:20 AM) *
If you're saying Royai is overrated just because it's popular, then you could say the same about Edwin. They're not exactly short of gushy fans either.

It's a bit hard to compare the two pairings because they're both very different relationships. People are going to prefer one or the other based on their own personal tastes. Mustang and Hawkeye obviously have a more mature sort of interaction, while Ed and Winry are still young and just discovering their feelings.

I voted Royai. I can't really explain what it is, there's just something about their subtle interactions that really appeals to me. I have nothing against Edwin, but it doesn't stir any kind strong reaction in me. I don't feel anything towards it either way.

Wow, we really think alike. I agree with pretty much all of this, especially about the EdWin being just as bad, if not worse, than Royai. Just read through some of these posts; it's mostly (not all of you guys, I must stress) Edwin fans who are stamping their feet about Royai taking the edge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Nov 13 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #257

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Nov 14 2009, 07:05 AM) *
Wow, we really think alike. I agree with pretty much all of this, especially about the EdWin being just as bad, if not worse, than Royai. Just read through some of these posts; it's mostly (not all of you guys, I must stress) Edwin fans who are stamping their feet about Royai taking the edge.

Great minds think alike wink.gif

I'm not going to say that Royai or Edwin are "better" than the other. It's not an "us vs them" thing. It's all up to personal taste. It just irks me when I see Edwin fans complaining about how Royai fans gush over their pairing, when they do exactly the same thing.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Nov 13 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #258

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

It has something to do with the new, Royaish manga chapters coming out, right?
I understand all EdWin fans who feel bad about it. I mean, there were times where Royai fans were pretty pissed because no Royai was coming out, that's why I do understand xD.
There is no "who is better" in pairings. It's "I like it better", not "this pairing is better", because there are too many differences.
Dear Edwin fans, plz get patient xD I am sure that Edwin will get its tribute, you will see. And now it's our time to get ours (I am Royai fan! No, rly??? Yes!!!) xD. In Fullmetal Alchemist there are alot of non-main-characters and all of them aren't just for fun. Like the chimeras. I'm sure they will get their spotlight, Ed promised them to help get their real bodies after all. Some not-so-important characters need to get their spotlight too and it happens that the best will come in the end and/or you need to wait for good stuff like alot!
For me it's Royai. Not because its better than Edwin, it isn't. Because I like it better. But I don't hate Edwin (and its fans). As long as it stays at canon pairings, I like them all biggrin.gif

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
ElricAbuse
post Feb 28 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #259

Citizen

Member No.: 78,098

Roy and Riza! Wee! I'm sorry Ed/Win fans but I love this pairing more. I just feel like Riza has been there for Roy longer than Winry has been there for Ed. Therefore, I think the bond between those two is greater.

--------------------
Abusing the Elrics is punishable by law (not really, but it should be!)

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Mar 12 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #260

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I'm such a Royai fan girl O////O They're my favorite couple by a long shot. They're meant to be together.

Though I love Edwin too biggrin.gif They were my first favorite couple in the series.

Not gonna lie though, I'm surpried that Royai is more popular according to these polls O.o

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 12 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #261

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I love both couples, but I love EdWin just that little bit more than Royai. EdWin was the first coupling I liked, particularly when I read the manga, and it has sort of just stuck with me. smile.gif I do love Royai, though. Both couples are awesome in their own ways.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FirstMoon
post Mar 13 2011, 06:14 AM
Post #262

Citizen

Member No.: 74,222

EdWin was my first OTP in FMA but then I liked Royai more,because of an original relationship and well,EdWin was goddamn obvious from the begining Royai was more complex.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post Mar 14 2011, 05:51 AM
Post #263

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

Edwin. I think it may be because I just find Riza a boring character, I've never been able to get attached to her. Also, Edwin is just...special to me. It's so cute and true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Mar 14 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #264

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I personally dislike Ed/Winry, so Roy/Riza would have to be my answer. What I like most about them is that it's clear they love each other without them having to make it explicit. You just see it in their actions and history.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Mar 14 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #265

Citizen

Member No.: 76,243

I just can not stand edwin u.u dunno why, i think that's the most ovbious pairing ever :/ and they dont have a story behind them it's just like: Hey we are friend from our childhood and we suddenly, fell in love :/ is... boring nothing new.
And royai is like.. u dont know what's gonna happen with them next :3!! u dont know if roy will say something nice or something stupid or serious, and we never now if riza is going to fall for roy anytime .-. that's desperating lol, but edwin, we all now ed is kinda rude and idiot with women hahaha, and it's like and ovbious relationship, so i keep royai just because is an original and awesome pairing biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Mar 17 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #266

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

Agreed. I personally just always saw the whole thing with Ed and Winry as rather cliche. Childhood friends falling in love just because. I like them better as behaving like brother and sister.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Mar 20 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #267

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

EdWin.
Actually, I find it very un-cliche for childhood-friends-to-lovers type of relationship. o.O The childhood thing IS cliche, but overall, the EdWin pairing itself is the opposite of cliche.
The fact that it's not your typical shoujo "love-at-first-sight".
The fact that it develops from friendship.
The fact that they like each other for more than just their looks. <--- this is probably what I like the most about them.
The fact that Winry doesn't try to intrude in Ed and Al's journey by wanting more to their relationship, even if she admitted that she loved him.
The fact that they can last longer than most relationships, due to their lasting friendship.

Anyway, there are lots and lots of reasons why I love this pair. wub.gif It's so subtle (compared to other things) yet obvious at the same time.

Roy/Riza is great, too, but I don't gush over adult!couples as I do for teenage ones. It's just not my thing. Not to say that Roy/Riza isn't awesome, because I do fangirl every time I see their interaction. biggrin.gif It's just that I can't really explore more to that ship as I can with EdWin.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Mar 20 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #268

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

Ditto to every last thing you just said, lol. I think we may share the same EdWin brain! biggrin.gif I adore Royai too (heck, I shamelessly fangirl over EVERY FMA canon pairing 'cause they're ALL mind-blowingly awesome), but because I still feel "teenager-ish" inside - and also because I relate to Ed and Winry's characters a bit - I find it's easier for me to "get" EdWin and dig into it.

Ironically, I think my favorite thing about this pairing is what most non-EdWin fans don't seem to get about it - the stuff you DON'T see. Granted, I love all the "obvious" stuff too - the childhood friendship thing, the adorkable awkwardness, the wrench-throwing and bickering like an old married couple, the cuteness, etc. But above all that, I love the subtle power of their shared history. And not just their childhood; again, I mean the stuff you don't see, or barely get glances at. The stuff that's implied. For example, Winry planning and forging Ed's automail, helping him through the fever and surgery, teaching him how to walk again and control his arm, etc.

One of my favorite EdWin scenes in the manga is when Al accuses Ed of fabricating his memories, and Winry breaks into outraged tears and gives him a well-deserved wallop/lecture. Why do I consider that an EdWin scene? Because one of the main reasons she gets so upset is because she knows exactly what Ed went through for his brother's sake. She knows all the screams he held back during the surgery, the physical and emotional pain he had to deal with, the guilt he carried, the blood, sweat and tears he literally shed. And Winry was right there with him all the way, keeping him going. Still keeping him going. That's real true love in the making if I ever saw it.

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Mar 27 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #269

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

^ Haha! I'm glad. I agree completely! (It seems as if we do. XD)
Yeah, Winry is more easier for me to relate to, so naturally I can relate to EdWin easier (same with AlMei, I can relate to Mei so much, lol!)

Royai is fantastic, though, of course. :3

Omg, the last paragraph...you just took the words right out of my mind. *nods*

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Mar 20 2011, 09:50 PM) *
Because one of the main reasons she gets so upset is because she knows exactly what Ed went through for his brother's sake.

THIS. SO. MUCH.

And another reason why I love EdWin. That behind all the obvious stuff, they care for each other a lot...even more than the average couple. Because they are not just romantic partners, but friends. They know each other, and that is why their relationship stays strong.

And Winry was right there with him all the way, keeping him going. Still keeping him going. That's real true love in the making if I ever saw it.

Exactly. Exactly. :'D

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Mar 31 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #270

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

Even though I don't really like Roy, I think I like Roy x Riza more than Winry x Ed.

I don't dislike Winry x Ed or anything but I think the dynamic between Roy and Riza was just more interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 09:59 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css