HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Edwin Or Royai?, Which couple do you like better?
Rating 5 V
EdxWin or RoyxRiza? And, tell us why!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 393
Guests cannot vote 
Ruingaraf
post Sep 9 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #241

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,179

Mustang/Hawkeye. I refuse to call it RoyAi because the manga's based in a psudo-English setting, thus Japanese has no place here. I love Japanese, don't get me wrong... but it's not right, somehow.

I could go on for pages, but I'll say that I love EdWin... just nowhere NEAR as much.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alchemistpower
post Sep 29 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #242

Citizen

Member No.: 47,494

YEAH! LETS GO ROYAI! WOOHOO!!!

--------------------
"Just because i want to be loved doesn't mean i want to love"

+Quote Post
Illuminating-Dar...
post Sep 29 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #243

Citizen

Member No.: 71,163

Royai coz its somehow more mature and doesn't have the girl throwing wrenches at the guy ^^

--------------------
Aww, I feel like a loner on here XD
~You said that time is the best teacher of all,
but somehow, all its students seem to die...

~ Extremely pissed off at the end of Hana Yori Dango

Huge Chapter 100 Spoiler!!! Click me only if you don't mind being spoiled
[My DeviantART], [My FanFiction.net]

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Oct 5 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #244

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

^I agree with you Illuminating-Darkness... Edwin is nice and it gives you the feeling of first love crushes etc... and all the other things that come during teenage years but Royai which is more mature is way cooler! tongue.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
FMA-Girl
post Oct 18 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #245

Citizen

Member No.: 50,563

edwin.

because i think royai is too overrated.
too much. X-x

--------------------

*ROYAI icon by pictash

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Oct 18 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #246

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I think I agree that Royai is too "overrated". Don't get me wrong; I love the couple and they are totally canon, but after a while I get tired of hearing about it. Too much of a good thing, ya know? Hype has a tendency to ruin things for me (which is partly why I'm more attracted to EdWin and Ling/Ran Fan). This applies to other fandoms too, like Lois and Clark from Smallville.

I don't really like it when people gush everywhere about how Roy and Riza are "meant to be!!" or when they try shoving "teh bestest FMA couple EVER!!!1" down everyone's throats. (Not that they all do that or anything, but you know what I mean.) Half the fun of shipping is discovering it and appreciating it for yourself, and hype kinda ruins that for me. The more attention it gets, the less I care. I still support it, but I don't feel it needs or deserves it as much.

Err...did all that make sense? xD

Having said that...obviously, I'm rooting for EdWin. biggrin.gif Partly because I don't think people give Winry enough credit as a character, and partly because there's a lot (and I mean a LOT) more depth and potential in Ed and Winry's relationship than most realize. Okay, so they look cute together, they're hormonal teenagers, she throws wrenches at him and they fight a lot, hahaha...but there's so much more to it than that.

Trust, courage, devotion, commitment, protection, support and a deep friendship are all key components of both Royai AND EdWin. Just like with Roy and Riza, Winry is both Edward's strength and weakness. And just like Riza has made a commitment to support Roy until he reaches his goal, Winry has also made a commitment to support Ed in any way she can. This could just be speculation, but I think that goes beyond just fixing his automail. Remember what Hughes said to her in chapter 14? Or the "savior's savior" line in chapter 81?

When Edward was sick and broken, in body and spirit, who took care of him? When he was struggling with guilt, who helped him to conquer it? Gave him the means to stand up? Taught him how to walk again?

When he comes home, weary, discouraged, beaten and bruised, who fixes him up and sends him off again with fresh determination?

When he's stubborn and stupid, who knocks some sense into him?

When he can't bottle it up anymore, and when he has doubts or fears that he doesn't want to burden his brother with, who does he turn to?

And when he doesn't have the strength to stand and fight anymore, who gives him the final push he needs to keep going?

And when he finally saves the world and fulfills his goal, what will be his reason to come home again?

A beautiful, clever, loving, temperamental mechanic named Winry. wub.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Oct 18 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #247

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Dearheart, you win the prize for always making the longest posts... >_>
But, after reading them, I always find myself agreeing with whatever you're saying. XD

So... I chose EdWin. Obviously, I'm not a huge rabid fan girl or anything, but I like this pairing because it's really cute, and just about everything Dearheart said. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Oct 18 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #248

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

LOL, yeah I talk a lot. Sorry. biggrin.gif I was just really, really itching to explain why EdWin is just as awesome as Royai; I'm getting tired of so many people writing it off as just "cute" and "not as mature/deep" as Royai, blah blah blah... dry.gif *coughNOT TRUE, PEOPLE!cough*

Oy. I can't do my homework and write essays on economics or Shakespeare, but if it's anything to do with FMA or Ed and Winry, I'm all over it. xDD

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Oct 18 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #249

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

lol. I don't mind you talking a lot, it's just you're the only person I've seen write that much in most of their posts... laugh.gif
And same here about the homework thing: if it's not something I'm really interested in, it's really hard to write a lot about it. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Irena
post Oct 18 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #250

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

It's hard to say. Both have similar elements yet are very different; neither relationship is really superior to the other.

I can see why at first EdWin is dismissed as just another "childhood friends" romance. I'll admit, that's what I thought at first, but Ed and Winry care for and support each other just like Roy and Riza do.

I guess the biggest difference between the two pairings is how the characters interact: At times it seems like Roy and Riza can read each other's minds, but Winry and Edward are still learning about each other in a whole new light.

I don't see any reason to choose between Edwin and Royai. Love 'em both!

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Oct 19 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #251

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Dearheart")
And when he finally saves the world and fulfills his goal, what will be his reason to come home again?

A beautiful, clever, loving, temperamental mechanic named Winry.

I'm pretty sure I expressed the exact same thing in some posts on that board, so I completely agree with you. Winry's Ed's future.

+Quote Post
fmadiva
post Nov 11 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #252

Citizen

Member No.: 47,009

EdxWinry. no contest. cuter,better looking couple,would make better looking children

--------------------
RoyxEd<3

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Nov 11 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #253

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

QUOTE (fmadiva @ Nov 11 2009, 08:59 PM) *
EdxWinry. no contest. cuter,better looking couple,would make better looking children

Half-asians are gorgeous though huh.gif.

I love them both personally, though I do prefer Royai (l'm more of a Roy fan as well which could have something to do with it). Even still, I don't think Royai is necessarily better than EdWin. They are just different. I do get a more youthful feel from EdWin but they are discovering how they feel. I feel like Royai already knows. And I'd hope they would at their age. I do think Winry is Ed's future though 100%. I just want happy squee-worthy endings for them both. happy.gif

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Nov 11 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #254

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

If you're saying Royai is overrated just because it's popular, then you could say the same about Edwin. They're not exactly short of gushy fans either.

It's a bit hard to compare the two pairings because they're both very different relationships. People are going to prefer one or the other based on their own personal tastes. Mustang and Hawkeye obviously have a more mature sort of interaction, while Ed and Winry are still young and just discovering their feelings.

I voted Royai. I can't really explain what it is, there's just something about their subtle interactions that really appeals to me. I have nothing against Edwin, but it doesn't stir any kind strong reaction in me. I don't feel anything towards it either way.

+Quote Post
Snows of Yester-...
post Nov 11 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #255

Citizen

Member No.: 71,664

Crap, I really had to think about this. XDX I love both pairings for different reasons, but I think I'm drawn to Ed/Win just a liiiittle bit more. Their interactions fascinate me, and yeah, okay, they look pretty freaking cute together.

--------------------

Set by me <3

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css