HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pride!Ed (from BBI, A Fan-made FMA Game) Fans?, BTW we all know it's a fan-made (not a REAL FMA) character, right?
AA battery
post Oct 13 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #76

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

Whoa @_@ I see someone using the cover of a hentai doujinshi as their avatar..........

I personally see no point in making a sequel out of BBI. The game was made based on the assumption that Father = Hohenheim, and since that has already been proven wrong, there is no point in making a game that still has this incorrect assumption.

What I look forward to most right now, is this game though --- http://yui.huming.com/pp2/

They made their own music (like most doujin games would) so they won't have to worry about Sony (and such) going after them, like how BBI was like. (to refresh people's memory, BBI used Hamasaki Ayumi's Moments as the theme song of the game, as well as the ending song of the Playstation FMA game, and that is why they were at risk of getting sued by Sony.) What I like most about this game is that it has a card game in it, so it's not as plain as just going through a story. The story of this game is completely AU, so it doesn't need to worry as much about conflicting storyline with manga. =3

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Oct 13 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,484

^That does seem like a promising game.

Is it just me, or was there another Chinese doujin game which also went by the name of Phantomphobia? Or is this the same thing...?

I wish I could read traditional Chinese fluently.

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Dec 11 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #78

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well actually for me i have never heard of this game. i might have to look in to it and see what it is about.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 11 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #79

Brigadier General

QUOTE (Naivete @ Oct 13 2008, 08:14 PM) *
^That does seem like a promising game.

Is it just me, or was there another Chinese doujin game which also went by the name of Phantomphobia? Or is this the same thing...?

I wish I could read traditional Chinese fluently.

Yes, there was a game named Phantomphobia, and this game (that I posted in my above post) is the COMPLETE VERSION of that old Phantomphobia. The first PPB game was not complete, and it had tons of glitches. Even so, I still loved that first PPB game more than BBI because of the card game (which still has glitches) and the more relaxed, humourous nature of the story. I hate angst...

This complete version of PPB is by same (but not all) people who worked on the first version of PPB. They also made a Japanese version of the game to be sold in the Japanese fandom (as they recruited a lot of people to work on this new version of the game... including quite a few Japanese fans).

Anyhow, this complete version of PPB is finally out, and I asked my friend to buy one copy for me, which she did ^^ My mom will be paying a visit to Hong Kong in March, so I should be able to get my hands on the Traditional Chinese version of this game before this April =D I think I'll write a detailed game summary and stuff for this game probably in May, after my exams, so please look forward to it. ^^

========

It's really hard to say which is better... BBI or PPB. BBI definitely was a LOT more well-known and popular, mainly due to its beautiful artwork. It's undeniable that BBI had very beautiful artwork... a lot better than that of PPB. A lot of people like angst stories too, so in that sense, BBI was loved by many. I think BBI is a great game too. It's not glitchy at all (at least I have never encountered any glitches during my entire gameplay... yeah I unlocked everything.) while PPB is EXTREMELY glitchy (I hate it when glitches happened during the card games x_x). Hopefully this new PPB has solved most of these problems. I love the randomness and interactiveness of PPB, and that's why I think it's a better than than BBI. There are a lot of original characters in PPB, which gave it a feel of a RPG game. I haven't played it for a while (glitches are discouraging, and that it doesn't have an ending doesn't really encourage repeated game play), but it had something like... obtaining items to boost your affection level with someone? XD Yeah, a lot of curious stuff that just fits my cup of tea. So I really am looking forward to getting my hand on the hardcopy of the game. =D

Here is how I'd put it... (sorry if some info is not correct. I haven't touched these games in over 2 years.)
(Note that the following comparisons were made against the old incomplete version of PPB)

Story completeness: BBI > PPB
- BBI has 4 clear endings: Roy, Al, Pride, Game over
- PPB has no clear ending (because the game was meant to be made in 2 parts), so you can't exactly tell how far you are, with the person you are after.

Interactiveness: PPB > BBI
- BBI is just walking around, finding the "story points" (which were essential for leading to the ending you are after), and conversations
- PPB has card games and other curious stuff like shopping. It's more RPG-like.

Gameplay satisfaction + Technology: BBI > PPB
- BBI has almost no glitches, while PPB has tons, which may result in freezing or failing to save.

Artwork: BBI > PPB
- ... I don't think I need to explain this, really. The artwork in BBI is nothing but beautiful-ness. However, the new PPB's artwork seems to have improved a lot, too.

Story diversity: PPB > BBI
- PPB is a lot more curious because it is an AU story (Ed and Al were doing some sort of alchemy experiment, and Ed got bounced to a completely different world... well, I guess it's not super original either, but it has a lot more flexibility).
- Personally, I think BBI's story is too... canon? Turning Ed into a humunculus/Al dies/Roy dies isn't completely original and special, and angst is overrated. please don't hurt me for saying this

Game difficulty: PPB > BBI
- BBI is a lot more straightforward, and non-chinese speaker can definitely follow through a game guide/translation to finish the game.
- PPB has a lot of curious variables, so it's kind of hard to tell hard to get things moving to the direction you want... xD; It can be frustrating, but I'm exactly the type that enjoys stuff like this. 8D

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Death the ninth ...
post May 5 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 68,491

personally I didnt know it till just right now ed turned into pride but all have the hommunculi are named after the seven deadly sins so pride was right up there

+Quote Post
Emily_BrokenAnge...
post May 14 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 32,325

QUOTE (Death the ninth Homunculi @ May 5 2009, 01:40 PM) *
personally I didnt know it till just right now ed turned into pride but all have the hommunculi are named after the seven deadly sins so pride was right up there

Yeah, but I love Pride!Ed anyway lol xD

I think Pride is Edīs sin in all ways, dont you think? This is the best representation of himself

Sooooo curious, I mean Pride only appeared like 1 minute or a few seconds, and now has gone to fame and he has lots of fan girls (like me xD)
Maybe itīs because he was Edward, of course and its interesting to see him die and transform into a homunculus...

Of the two versions of Pride, I like him with pants
1.- He looks nice
2.- He doesnīt look like a cheap copy of Lust and Envyīs clothes
3.- Ok maaaaaybe he looks gay, but who cares? xD I certainly not hah

I think it was an original idea the fact of those stranges marks all over his body, cuz gives him a little creppy and misterious personality....

This is my opinion about Pride, I love him and Im sad that those chinesse fans didnīt create another story where Pride is the main star u.u
So, we have to make fan fics lol hahaha

--------------------

Hey there!! Are you a fan of Armony or EdXArmony?! Join us at our club!!. Im the president or agent , Nekokitty is the vice-president and Herumastaa Kanaru is our secretary
If you want to join us, please PM one of us. Also, when you become a member, put "Im a member of the EdXArmony club" or something similar in your signature xD

+Quote Post
AA battery
post May 16 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #82

Brigadier General

I think it was an original idea the fact of those stranges marks all over his body

I'm pretty sure it's inspired by the pattern on armor-Al in episode 51. Not that original, really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily_BrokenAnge...
post Sep 6 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #83

Really?

Well that could be one idea but still....i like it heheh

--------------------

Hey there!! Are you a fan of Armony or EdXArmony?! Join us at our club!!. Im the president or agent , Nekokitty is the vice-president and Herumastaa Kanaru is our secretary
If you want to join us, please PM one of us. Also, when you become a member, put "Im a member of the EdXArmony club" or something similar in your signature xD

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Sep 15 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #84

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

Umm...am I the only one who wasn't crazy about the artwork?

I mean, as art all by itself, it really was gorgeous. But for FMA? Ehh...

*dodges flying objects thrown by BBI fans* XD

Seriously though, it's a pet peeve of mine. Prided!Ed is a very intriguing concept and all (and Emily, I agree that it's probably the sin best suited for him), and I liked the opening for the game, but that's about it. To be honest, I dislike the BBI artwork/character representation for the same reason I dislike most FMA doujinshi:

[minor rant]

They always seem to make Edward (or even Alphonse) look like this poor, pathetic, pretty, swoony emo person who's oh-so-tragic and melodramatic and...UGH! THAT'S NOT ED, PEOPLE! The Edward Elric I know is a MAN. He is fire, he is willpower, he is anger and courage and hope and stubborn devotion. He is strong. He is a survivor. Yes, underneath he has a softer, vulnerable side and a lot of angst and stuff to deal with, but he doesn't dwell on it or let it way him down. And when we do see it, it isn't all woe-is-me-weepy-wibbly-mushy stuff. Whenever I see him or Al portrayed like that, whether it's in fanart or fan fiction, I get a bit mad. I just CAN'T STAND it when FMA characters are portrayed OOC like that.

I haven't played the game myself, but I've read enough stuff to know how everything happens and what the characters do; and I personally think the whole thing is just...yeesh. I don't see Ed or Al when I look at the art or read the dialog; I just see pathetic, distorted clones. Poor Arakawa, having her brilliant characters stolen and twisted like that... sad.gif

[rant over]

And please know that I mean no offense to anyone who thinks otherwise. I'm just putting my own opinion out there. If you happen to like the game, if you enjoy fangirling over Pride!Ed or whatever, good for you. Just don't expect me to heap any praise on it. tongue.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Emily_BrokenAnge...
post Sep 18 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #85

Dearheart absolutely!! Im agree with you too!! I mean, maybe BBI its famous, but I think its because of character design and Pride!Ed

During the whooole story angst, angst, angst and emo modes all the time
Its like omg stop it!! >_<

If BBI were less emo and more spirit figther, then...the thing would be different u.ú
Yeah no ofense for the others but thatīs the true.

BTW, I loved your sig xD and the link on it OwO
Thanks ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
ladykaze
post Jul 4 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 242

I just came across this game recently. Pride!Ed seems cool. I will like it if Roy and Al survive in this ending. Will enjoy a fight between Al and Pride with Al trying to invoke Pride's memories as Ed. I'm such a sadist since this game is filled with sad ending anyway tongue.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Copyright Đ2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css