HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pride!Ed (from BBI, A Fan-made FMA Game) Fans?, BTW we all know it's a fan-made (not a REAL FMA) character, right?
Keoni
post May 1 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,992

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 1 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]388912[/snapback]

I don't know, I simply see no way in which Pride!Ed is either unique or a truly worthwhile character for either FMA or even FMA spinoffs.

I have to disagree with you on that. It seems the character appeals to a lot of people, therefore justifying it's excistence. And it is an interesting thought, Ed as a hommonculi. And I was wondering, you say he's boring, correct? Well, since Pride!Ed was a possible ending, how could you have seen him in action?

OT I just saw the opening credits of the game. It looks really nice. The artwork is really good smile.gif

EDIT:
@ Becca77901: Easy girl.. happy.gif Settle down, people are entitled to their opinions. Just read them and respond to them, breaking them down bit by bit, if you want. Your entittled to like Pride!Ed, just try to keep your cool. happy.gif
(And don't shout at mods wink.gif )

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galorfilinde
post May 1 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 31,934

In the real anime or manga, I'd never liked Pride!Ed. Such an ending with Ed dying and becoming a homunculus would be completely unsatisfying. That's why it's so great he's just a character created by fans. And I like the way they did that. The story almost made me cry, it's so sad! And beside the good looks, I think this character could be very interesting.

@ popogeejo - I think you should accept the opinion of others. If you do, others will accept your opinion too. It's not very nice to walk in at a topic for people who like Pride!Ed, shout how much you hate him and then leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 1 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #18

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Ed as a hommonculi.

The Problem is it' wouldn't be Ed. It would be Ed's body with a new pesonality.

@ popogeejo - I think you should accept the opinion of others. If you do, others will accept your opinion too. It's not very nice to walk in at a topic for people who like Pride!Ed, shout how much you hate him and then leave.

I respect other opinions. Someone asked to see people who didn't like Pride Ed so I posted my opinion. By leaving I meant I wouldn't go on about how much I hate him. I'd still respond if people wanted me to.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Galorfilinde
post May 1 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 31,934

Ow that's okay then, sorry for misunderstanding ^^;

By the way, I wrote a Pride!Ed fanfic, so if anyone's interested...
Remember... Chapter 1
I hope it's okay to post this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post May 1 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Becca77901 @ May 1 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]388924[/snapback]
...so sue me.

Sign here.

*Offers over paperwork.*

In all seriousness, PridEd is nothing more than an image. A well drawn, detailed piece of fanwork, but otherwise flat. Does he even do anything during the game? Not that I'm aware. In one ending, Edward dies and his body is reincarnated as a Homunculi and then...the end. Boring. And now Ed is dead...and Al and Roy if I recall. Talk about your fine print. He's hardley the coolest Homunculi in FMA, as he doesn't even seem to have a personality from what I've seen. Every image has him just staring off blankly into space. What's his power anyway?

Sorry.

I'll admit, it's some neatly-inked fan art, but it's still a flat image.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post May 1 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

QUOTE(Nepharski @ May 1 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]388970[/snapback]

...so sue me.

Sign here.

*Offers over paperwork.*

In all seriousness, PridEd is nothing more than an image. A well drawn, detailed piece of fanwork, but otherwise flat. Does he even do anything during the game? Not that I'm aware. In one ending, Edward dies and his body is reincarnated as a Homunculi and then...the end. Boring. And now Ed is dead...and Al and Roy if I recall. Talk about your fine print. He's hardley the coolest Homunculi in FMA, as he doesn't even seem to have a personality from what I've seen. Every image has him just staring off blankly into space. What's his power anyway?

Sorry.

I agree with you. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post May 1 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

Meh, I suppose that Pride!Ed does have some good points... *thinks hard*

I gues that if you didn't like al, or ed, or Roy, then they all die and get replaced with a sexy tattooed homuculus? Not bad...

Otherwise, the basic premise is just... meh.

*agrees with Nepharski, he's a flat character*

Oh, and Becca, no one was offering to close it, it has a place, if only for rabid fangirls wink.gif

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post May 1 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #23

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

Yes, but she had asked for other to be closed, and this is basically a clone of it with a slightly altered title.

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
major_ed_pride
post May 5 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 32,549

^.^ I like this thread!

--------------------
RED DAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Becca77901
post May 5 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,078

Yeah, I like it too. sad.gif So I admit...I am a fangirl, but I'm sure there's a character that YOU like too...even if it isn't pride!Ed. It's not like you HAVE to like him...just because fans made him doesn't mean anythimg. dry.gif

--------------------
"You ask me why I like gray...well I'll tell you. It is neither good nor bad. It is simply there. Something that exists in between. Kinda like me."

IPB Image
Sig made by me, thanks to the advice of my friends

IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post May 7 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 1 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]389065[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ May 1 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]388970[/snapback]

...so sue me.

Sign here.

*Offers over paperwork.*

Sorry.

I agree with you. smile.gif

Seconded. >D
Pride!Ed is just there to attract more fangirls that cares about look more than anything else. 8D;

QUOTE(Becca)
just because fans made him doesn't mean anythimg.

But since he is made by fans he really doesn't mean/worth anything. XD

*runs away before she gets shot*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Automne
post May 8 2006, 03:29 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 13,171

But at the same time, we never saw Pride act nor do anything, so saying that he's just some 'useless character with sexy looks' doesn't cost anything, since we are not sure. Maybe Pride is more developped than he seems, or maybe he's not, but making such statements won't lead you anywhere.

However, I don't think he deserves his own thread, especially since he's fan-made, like armor said (and the idea of Ed and Al dying bothers me also, but I can bear it). I don't know if I already, and totally, made up Pride's personality in my head yet, but I see him as a simple fanfiction item we can develop - or not - the way we want (even if the BBI fics out there are mostly crappy). Here.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Becca77901
post May 8 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,078

Don't like him then deal with it. because there are people out there who do like hi. Don't believe me go to livejournal and you'll find tons of people who do

--------------------
"You ask me why I like gray...well I'll tell you. It is neither good nor bad. It is simply there. Something that exists in between. Kinda like me."

IPB Image
Sig made by me, thanks to the advice of my friends

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Automne
post May 8 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 13,171

Your point being? Some of us know livejournal certainly more than you do and we know there's a BBI community. We never said no one liked him.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 8 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #30

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Everything has it' fans, even Hitler and Green day. Just because said fans exist doesn't make the object of their fandom good.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css