HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Child Abuse, What can be done about it, and why is it still done?
Migchao
post Apr 24 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,550

*bangs head on toaster*
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Neglect
Emotional abuse
This is not a joke thread. 1 out of every 5 girls will be abused by 18, 1-6 boys by 18. Reports every 10 seconds. It's really a big problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asunder
post Apr 24 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #32

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 24 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]385636[/snapback]

*bangs head on toaster*
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Neglect
Emotional abuse
This is not a joke thread. 1 out of every 5 girls will be abused by 18, 1-6 boys by 18. Reports every 10 seconds. It's really a big problem.

reports every 10 seconds? it's a really big problem?
*sigh*

so i think you really need to seperate the issues by the way

neglect and abuse are the result of bad parenting and/or bad circumstances.

I'd seperate out the sexual abuse cases from the purely physical / emotional abuse cases.

Again there's not much that can be done to prevent these things, unless you want big brother deeply involved with families. Do you want people to have a parenting license or something?

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 24 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #33

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 25 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]385636[/snapback]

*bangs head on toaster*
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Neglect
Emotional abuse

Every 4 seconds a kid dies in Africa due to poor water,
Chynobal will be uninhabitable for decades,
An area of the Amzon the size of my country is destroyed every year.

There is a bunch of bad things going on.No one said it was a joke thread.Just becasue we are being light sometimes doesn't mean we don't take the issue seriously.I notice you made jokes in another more controversal thread so don't whine at us when we aren't saying it's a crying shame that kids are beaten.

Can I ask you,are you covering this topic in school right now only you seem to be kicking out answers to questions you asked without much chance of us answering.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Apr 24 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 24 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]385643[/snapback]

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 25 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]385636[/snapback]

*bangs head on toaster*
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Neglect
Emotional abuse

Every 4 seconds a kid dies in Africa due to poor water,
Chynobal will be uninhabitable for decades,
An area of the Amzon the size of my country is destroyed every year.

There is a bunch of bad things going on.No one said it was a joke thread.Just becasue we are being light sometimes doesn't mean we don't take the issue seriously.I notice you made jokes in another more controversal thread so don't whine at us when we aren't saying it's a crying shame that kids are beaten.

Can I ask you,are you covering this topic in school right now only you seem to be kicking out answers to questions you asked without much chance of us answering.

So you're telling me feeling sorry for abused kids is wrong? I'm aware that other things are happening, I know people are suffering, and conflict is worldwide. No, I get my answers from the internet, and I check different sites to see if it's really true, then I post it. It sounded like a joke, but I don't know if (unnamed) made a joke or not. You're lucky I'm not using caps lock, and be grateful I'm not the infamous 'AAA'. AAA would go like 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' posting A about 100 times, many people remember the horrors, I assume Knil does because she was on this site before they tweaked it. I'm being calm, but if you want, I can use my cap locks. Or *takes out chainsaw* I can use this lil' baby.

+Quote Post
Shell
post Apr 24 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 34,434

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 23 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]385247[/snapback]

I was typing in 'child games', but I accidentally punched in 'child abuse'. I saw some articles and real life stories from survivors like being beaten, sexually abused, neglected, etc. After reading, I was sickened by the cruelty and what they had to go through, and I saw how different my life is from those poor souls. As an eleven-year-old, I realize their lives are living hells for them. They can't escape. It haunts them. Kids in cages, starved from days to weeks to months, beaten, neglected...the list gets worse.
Abuse takes more than just the color from their lives. It takes the smiles and childhood away. It poisons their souls. It causes permanent effects. Please respond to this topic.

I know this is a very dreary point to bring up but a few months ago my best friend started being abused, and I told the police. Then in about a week I went over to her house (but her parents found out that I told the police) they beat me too. A month ago she got killed by her parents...they strangeled her and then her father raped her after she was dead... but the only thing her parents was about 5 years in prison. I know five years might seem like a long time, but she was my best friend. sad.gif I always try to act happy and upbeat but I never really am.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Apr 24 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #36

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

ohmy.gif ...Holy shit, that's awful!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 24 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 32,500

I know this is a very dreary point to bring up but a few months ago my best friend started being abused, and I told the police. Then in about a week I went over to her house (but her parents found out that I told the police) they beat me too. A month ago she got killed by her parents...they strangeled her and then her father raped her after she was dead... but the only thing her parents was about 5 years in prison. I know five years might seem like a long time, but she was my best friend. I always try to act happy and upbeat but I never really am.

Wow, what a sad story... at first glance.

I'm sorry to say that your account is obviously false. If you had actually told the police, the parents would have been taken into custody immediately, and the child would have been taken out of the house, so even if they payed the bail, there would have been no reason to visit. There's no way that a trial that would have had the parents returned within a week could have taken place.

Even after you had been beaten (supposedly) by her parents, and she was being beaten, there's no way that the police wouldn't take the parents away to jail and undergo a criminal prosecution. Next, you say that a month ago, she was killed, and only a month later the parents have already been sentenced to jail. In the US, any sort of murder charge, if proven, constitutes a life sentence, especially for a horrid murder/rape like the one that you described. Besides, in the US, the justice system takes far, far, far longer than a month to put into action.

Additionally, abuses doesn't 'just start' over a few months and end up with a murder. It's almost always a long trend beginning from the child's infancy and rarely ending in serious physical harm such as death or maiming.

Please, don't desecrate the forums with false stories. Even if it's an exaggeration, please edit it so that it makes some sort of sense.

I know some people who have been abused, and though I'm currently in a situation where I loathe the sight of them, I still don't think that it's anything to lie about so blatantly. I find it offensive and upsetting.

Don't try to defend your point, I won't believe it until you give me names and documented court records.

Void-sama, I would appreciate it if you would delete both of these posts.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Shell @ Apr 24 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]385675[/snapback]

I was typing in 'child games', but I accidentally punched in 'child abuse'. I saw some articles and real life stories from survivors like being beaten, sexually abused, neglected, etc. After reading, I was sickened by the cruelty and what they had to go through, and I saw how different my life is from those poor souls. As an eleven-year-old, I realize their lives are living hells for them. They can't escape. It haunts them. Kids in cages, starved from days to weeks to months, beaten, neglected...the list gets worse.
Abuse takes more than just the color from their lives. It takes the smiles and childhood away. It poisons their souls. It causes permanent effects. Please respond to this topic.

I know this is a very dreary point to bring up but a few months ago my best friend started being abused, and I told the police. Then in about a week I went over to her house (but her parents found out that I told the police) they beat me too. A month ago she got killed by her parents...they strangeled her and then her father raped her after she was dead... but the only thing her parents was about 5 years in prison. I know five years might seem like a long time, but she was my best friend. sad.gif I always try to act happy and upbeat but I never really am.

Oh. I'm so sorry for your friend, Shell. Why didn't the police take her out of the house and put her with a relative or you? I'm so sorry you got beaten up, but you did the right thing to tell the police, you had the chance to save your friend but...still...did you call the police after?
That's gross that a father would rape her own daughter after she was put through so much pain. If he was going to rape, it should've been his own wife. The government doesn't operate well. I think when Neil Entwistle killed his daughter and wife, he didn't face the death penalty but Scott Peterson, who commited the same crime, did. I don't really know what to respond, I'm not good at dealing with death, but I try my hardest to tell the person I'm sorry it happened and try to comfort them.
I'm grieving that the poor girl lived such a short and terrible lives, like the boy and his sister who were beaten up by their mother 2 to 3 times a day. I guarantee you that as she lay dying she must have thought of the many great times she spent. I'm sure she was the sweetest girl ever. By how you explain, if she was alive I would want to be friends with her. It's like Nina--life cut short by a thing called Shou. I think your friend was as great as Nina. Probably sweeter. If there's a father worse than Shou, it's that sicko and his b**** of a wife.
I'm sure your friend is with the Lord, she must have ridden the carriage the singing angels drive to bring children who suffered into heaven. It is said in the bible 'he who loves his life will have it no more, but he who hates his life shall keep it forever'. So since she hated her life as an abused, sweet-as-sugar-cupcake girl. Her parents will never see her again, they will be banished where the fires of hell will engulf them. I believe that if proper justice isn't given on Earth, heaven will deal with it. It's like they say: The person really isn't dead because they live in our memories and souls. Please keep in mind that I pray your friend is having a wonderful time in heaven, and you will meet her when you go to the other world.
Ah, yes, that brings me to another point. As many as 200-600 children or more die because of the abuse?

+Quote Post
Fayth Prophecy
post Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 12,992

QUOTE(Shell @ Apr 24 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]385675[/snapback]

That really sucks. I mean it. Things like this shouldn't happen.

Also, the thing about my friend, I can't take her into my house, since she lives in New York now.

But back on topic...I really think that something should be done about this. I mean, this is really, really messed up.

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Apr 24 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]385691[/snapback]

QUOTE(Shell @ Apr 24 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]385675[/snapback]

That really sucks. I mean it. Things like this shouldn't happen.

Also, the thing about my friend, I can't take her into my house, since she lives in New York now.

But back on topic...I really think that something should be done about this. I mean, this is really, really messed up.

Indeed. Equivalent exchange. If a person abuses and kills a child, they should face the death penalty and be killed the way they killed that person. They skinned the kid alive and left them to die in a trash bag? The killer should be skinned alive and left to die in a trash bag. Children are so small to older people, they think they can boss us around and mistreat us just because we're 'weak, worthless, stupid scumbags who need to be ignored'. Adults don't pay attention to us kids, even when they know the kids are right.
When I grow up and have kids, I'll work to stop the abuse and tell my children to help stop it too by starting sTuFfZ to raise money to help them. I'll be a cartoonist, too, but my dream is to stop conflict or die trying. I'll carve sTuFfZ my kids need to know about safety, I'll make them and when a molester does something to them, they'll know what to do.

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Apr 24 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #41

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]385690[/snapback]
That's gross that a father would rape her own daughter after she was put through so much pain. If he was going to rape, it should've been his own wife.

*Headdesks repeatedly*

Not that I want to stretch out this questionable story, but assuming it's real... did you even read it?

She said the girl was killed by her father and then she was necropheliac raped after she died. Your comment of 'it's gross that he'd do that after she was put through so much pain.' Um, whut? He was apparently the one who was putting her through that pain and then flipping KILLED her!

And 'if he was going to rape, it should have been his own wife'

Good GOD! Where is the logic going in youth of today? RAPE.IS.RAPE! No matter who it happens to! Being married to someone dosen't justify rape, and you seem to be looking at it in a way that it's all about sex if you're assuming that it's better for rape to occur within a marriage.

RAPE IS NOT ABOUT SEX! It is a violent and atrocious act of power assertion that violates one of the deepest boundaries there is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Apr 24 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #42

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

...Looking at the story again... yah, it looks really dubious.

...stupid ad-hominem reactions. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Apr 24 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 24 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]385699[/snapback]

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]385690[/snapback]
That's gross that a father would rape her own daughter after she was put through so much pain. If he was going to rape, it should've been his own wife.

*Headdesks repeatedly*

Not that I want to stretch out this questionable story, but assuming it's real... did you even read it?

She said the girl was killed by her father and then she was necropheliac raped after she died. Your comment of 'it's gross that he'd do that after she was put through so much pain.' Um, whut? He was apparently the one who was putting her through that pain and then flipping KILLED her!

And 'if he was going to rape, it should have been his own wife'

Good GOD! Where is the logic going in youth of today? RAPE.IS.RAPE! No matter who it happens to! Being married to someone dosen't justify rape, and you seem to be looking at it in a way that it's all about sex if you're assuming that it's better for rape to occur within a marriage.

RAPE IS NOT ABOUT SEX! It is a violent and atrocious act of power assertion that violates one of the deepest boundaries there is.

I READ IT!!!! NO, I DO NOT SEE IT THAT WAY!!!!!! NO, RAPE IS WRONG WHOEVER IT HAPPENS TOO!!! I read so fast it's a challenge for me to actually read it and see wording! I CAN'T WORD!!! I can use proper grammar, I can actually spell, I've got an 8th grade reading level, but I can't word out what I'm trying to say! I'm too impatient to read slow! You should see me waiting to actually KICK the ball in soccer because it's so darn slow in my school! I'm there, falling asleep, complaining and in a bad mood until the finishing bell rings! WE'RE...TALKING..SEXUAL...ABUSE...IN...KIDS!!! NOT IN ADULTS!!!!!
*huff* *huff* *huff*
Okay, that's out of my system. I think we can go on to discussing child abuse in kids now.

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Apr 24 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #44

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Void @ Apr 24 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]385703[/snapback]

...Looking at the story again... yah, it looks really dubious.

...stupid ad-hominem reactions. dry.gif

Which ad hominem reactions?

--------------------

+Quote Post
asunder
post Apr 24 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #45

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 24 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]385698[/snapback]

Indeed. Equivalent exchange. If a person abuses and kills a child, they should face the death penalty and be killed the way they killed that person. They skinned the kid alive and left them to die in a trash bag? The killer should be skinned alive and left to die in a trash bag. Children are so small to older people, they think they can boss us around and mistreat us just because we're 'weak, worthless, stupid scumbags who need to be ignored'. Adults don't pay attention to us kids, even when they know the kids are right.
When I grow up and have kids, I'll work to stop the abuse and tell my children to help stop it too by starting sTuFfZ to raise money to help them. I'll be a cartoonist, too, but my dream is to stop conflict or die trying. I'll carve sTuFfZ my kids need to know about safety, I'll make them and when a molester does something to them, they'll know what to do.

Please leave the anime/fantasy world when you speak about real life problems. Else I will not take you seriously at all.

Just because someone did something horrible, you shouldn't punish them in the same manner. It's only cruel, sadistic and hypocritical.

If a kid was telling me a random story of their life, I wouldn't be able to trust their version...simply because
they don't understand the greater things in life and they crave attention constantly.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 10:28 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css