Doctor Who / Torchwood/& Other Dr. Who Spin-offs
Rating 5 V
Chiyo
post Dec 1 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #91

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

From what I heard, only for a few episodes, and I hate to say this but prefer Billie to Martha and certainly to Donna....

Who wants an digital Doctor advent calendar

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Dec 26 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #92

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 45,523

^ Nice icon. I liked the chemistry between Astrid and Doctor.

Looks like the next season is gonna be a bit darker... o_O I hope they are going to do it well. I still have some doubts about Donna, but I'll be looking forward to see her as the new companion even if it feels a bit strange. I'd love to see a scene between Rose and Donna! Wait a sec... Didn't they say that Martha will also return for a few episodes? Uh... this is gonna be weird.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 27 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #93

Moderator Emeritus

Yea I saw her in those previews I'm sure, think Rose appears in the series after maybe? When, so they say, we shall have a female Doctor take over from Tennant. Still not happy with Donna, she's just to much of a comic actress to be able to pull it off, and already they are hinting at romantic feelings, must all of them fall in love with him?

Anyway, I loved Astrids character, but she felt so rushed. She went from cheeky waitress to heroin in an hour...and although I could see her changing like that it needed to have happened over a series. You could see how caring her soul was yes, but to be such a hero she kills herself to save the remaning passengers/the doctor seemed perhaps a little overreaching

Apart from that, they fit an epic story in to a short space of time, and I enjoyed it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Jan 2 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #94

QUOTE(Chiyo) *
Yea I saw her in those previews I'm sure, think Rose appears in the series after maybe?

I thought so too, but this kinda blew it. And this too. There's a episode where our beloved companions save the world from alien invasion. And it's, of course, doctorless.

I've wondered what will happen to Rose. I can't imagine her willingly choosing to be separated from the Doctor again. :/ Either Rose joins the Doctor again and she would also be in the three specials, or she dies in a tragic battle or something. Them being separated AGAIN would be pointless.
QUOTE(Chiyo) *
When, so they say, we shall have a female Doctor take over from Tennant.

This would probably be the most cracktastic thing ever.. :'D
QUOTE(Chiyo) *
Still not happy with Donna, she's just to much of a comic actress to be able to pull it off, and already they are hinting at romantic feelings, must all of them fall in love with him?

Yeah... I'll be quite disappointed if there's gonna be romantic feelings between Donna and Doctor. I just can't see it happening. ._.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Triss Hawkeye
post Jan 2 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #95

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,067

I want Donna to be just a companion, like they were in the old days (most of them anyway).

--------------------
"You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
~C.S. Lewis~

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 10 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #96

Moderator Emeritus

The next series of Torchwood starts on Wednesday (least over here it is). Who else will be watching? Anyone else that much of a fan or prefer it to Dr Who? This weeks ep will have James Marsters in it (Spike from Buffy if I spelt his name right)

Torchwood Update: First ep of the new series was so...very...gay. Now thats not saying anything is wrong with homosexuality, but when a story takes a backseat to Jack snogging/coming on to everyone you have to worry. Its like Russell T Davis is reminding you Torchwood is for adults and scaring off any kids who think they can see a scarier Dr Who. It was a dull story, which felt like it only served as a means for Capn Jack and James Marsters to smooch, fight, smooch, bicker etc.

Least the upcoming eps look as though they'll be good...shame Martha makes an appearence, I'll almost put money on her n Capn Jack doing to bad thing to help her get over the Doctor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Apr 3 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #97

Moderator Emeritus

UK wise, the new series of Doctor Who begins Saturday, filled with cute little monsters made of fat. Many will come back this series too, Martha, Rose, Micky, Sarah-Jane, Capn Jack all to help save the day from..well don't know that yet, probably a Dalek again since one still lives.

According to Catherine Tate, there won't be romance between Donna and the Doc, just perhaps a quick smooch. Then its goodbye to Dr Who till 2010.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Apr 6 2008, 02:30 AM
Post #98

QUOTE(Chiyo) *
According to Catherine Tate, there won't be romance between Donna and the Doc, just perhaps a quick smooch.

Yes yes yes yes yes! Fantastic! : D I decided some time ago that I'll only like Donna if there's not romantic feelings between her and the Doctor. I practically squealed when the Doctor said "I just want a mate". xD But I don't get this obsession Donna has? had about the Doctor. Anyways, I will not judge Donna yet, but she sure is hilarious.

I agree with you, Triss. Bless the old days when most of the companions were just companions!

MY GOD I didn't expect the Rose part AT ALL. X__X NNNGGHH.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Apr 8 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #99

Moderator Emeritus

I knew Rose was coming back but that was pretty bloody quick

Episode one was a strange one wasn't it? By that I mean, apart from that one incident, no-one got hurt and everyone else involved was getting exactly what they wanted the humans lost weight and cute little aliens were born. The end was somewhat anti-climax but I know it was a big thing for the effects team.

As for Donna, she wasn't as bad as I expected. Although I did see some of her comedy characters now and then she wasn't silly. Also HURRAY for establishing NO LOVE, finally a good solid friendship that won't end in broken hearts.

As for the obbsession, if she didn't have it they wouldn't have brought her back. Its as simple as that I think, they never intended for her to become obsessed until they wanted her back in the series.

Thought her Grandfather had seen the 'blue box' before in the Christmas episode, did he forget?

Edit Note for Ep 4: Martha is going to be back? Already? Suppose a stint in Torchwood would make her what she is now. Love to see the interaction between Martha and Donna

As for Pompeii and Ood, is poor old Donna facing enough upsetting things or what? She keeps wanting to leave then decides nah, she'll stick around. She believed that she would see wonderful things with the Doctor, she knew that was unlikely after she first met him and faced an oversized spider! Its why she didn't go with him to begin with, gah!

Edite edit note: The ep hasn't shown yet, but I don't think I'm going to like the Doctors 'daughter'

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Jun 30 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #100

I absolutely loved every bit of The Stolen Earth. Well, except the way it ended... A REGENERATION! WHAT?! WHAAAAAAT?! This can't be happening. I WILL DENY IT! Anyways, the whole ep was just so freakin' EPIC. ♥~

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 30 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #101

Moderator Emeritus

My theory being...

Its a red herring, and that something will stop him from regenerating mid-way through. I'm guessing it will either be Dalek influence or something like Rose taking him to her parrallel universe which stops the process....somehow. DT has been filming more Doctor Who episodes, so unless they are all flashbacks (pray not) sure he has to be back.

It's either that, or a really good cover up

The other theory being Donna is...a Time Lady!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 1 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #102

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Chiyo and Twilightz - Rumor has it that for the next season, David Morrissey is also going to play Doctor. One theory says they're going to split the Doctor into two, keeping Tennant, and detaching Morrissey's. ohmy.gif

What I heard is that Tennant wanted out because he wanted to do other stuff, then they offered him big money, and so he decided to stay (yeah yeah XD) but also, they are filming only 7 episodes, or something like that, with him for the next season so that he can do some other stuff, or something.... So... maybe this is how they came up with as the solution?

My theory is that something goes wrong during the regeneration, and the Doctor will get split into two, and one will be played by David Morrissey while Tennent's Dr. stays getting regenerated or something... ^^

Anyway, this is going to get interesting... in a weired kind of way.... for the next season!! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 2 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #103

Moderator Emeritus

Actually Tombow, if the rumours are true you are right

It's all about his hand, so I hear there will indeed be two Doctors, one in Rose's universe and one in ours

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Jul 3 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #104

^ DO NOT WANT. D: My god, sometimes it just seems that the whole show is about Rose. X_X As much as I like the Doctor and Rose... that would just be too cheesy. Too much freakin' fanservice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 4 2008, 01:19 AM
Post #105

Moderator Emeritus

^Unless she is the one to die, of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 01:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css