Popogeejo
post Oct 27 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #61

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

turned it off before it got to that.

Awww, you missed the "He came and went" joke sad.gif

I bet you there will be complaints though, parents saying kids are bound to want to watch it even if it isn't aimed at them.

More than likely but thats to be expected.
Terry Wogan said it best when he said : There are people who just watch TV waiting to be offended.
Heck, that advert with the Giant blob of Marmite was taken off ar because only 7 people complained.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 27 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #62

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Now the man vomiting a dog I understood...but the Marmite? Bet the complainers are 'haters'

Damn missed that joke haha, least I'm back at Uni so I can watch the next one without younger sibling. Weren't they also going to do a Doctor Who spinoff for the youngsters?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Oct 27 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #63

Master Alchemist

There was one with K9 which was abysmal.

What I want to know is:
[spoiler]Why does Jack have the Doctors hand? Remember Dr.Who lost his hand on the Christmas special, I think that was what the severed hand in the Jar was.[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 30 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #64

Moderator Emeritus

Who saw 'The Runaway Bride?', and when will the U.S get it come to think of it. I loved it, no doubt about that but Catherine Tate still just looked like the characters she plays.

The Sarah Jane Smith adventures start soon, the first one is being shown on New Years Day. Its for kids so I don't expect much.

.....aaaaand Torchwood is about to conclude its first series. Its been a very up and down show with some eps being great but some being really quite dull. And I still believe it may have to be subtitled for the U.S audience.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 2 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I wonder if Torchwood will be released in the US. I imagine it will, but I am satisfied with Doctor Who. I am curious to see what Martha will be like. I will miss Rose. Despite having been a pop star, I felt she acted quite well. You'd never catch Brittney Spears doing a bang up job like that!

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Apr 15 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #66

Moderator Emeritus

Martha is proving to be...varied, at times I like and at others she irritates the feck out of me. Since I'm probably oneof the only people here to have seen the episodes with her in yet, I can't say too much, but the term 'unrequited love' comes to mind.

I give it 2 more episodes before to Doctor caves and loves her back (unfortunatly).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Apr 16 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 45,523

QUOTE(Chiyo)
I give it 2 more episodes before to Doctor caves and loves her back (unfortunatly).

That's probably gonna happen. dry.gif

Yeah, Martha can be irritating sometimes, but [spoiler]I'm kind of glad that Rose left because the relationship between her and the Doctor didn't develop. I still hope that Billie could come back somewhere in the future, but as we now Doctor can't have a lasting relationship.[/spoiler]

David Tennant is the best Doctor ever. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 18 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #68

Moderator Emeritus

Well I thought I would revive this thread since we are coming up to the last 2 episodes of this series.

Some episodes have been poor, but then there has been some real treasures to make up for it. I look forward greatly to the last remaining episodes mainly because

[spoiler]John Simm is a kick arse Master[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Jun 19 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #69

The 3rd season has been interesting so far. There's been some cool plot twists including [spoiler]the new Master. I wonder how they're gonna get the TARDIS back.[/spoiler] Anyways, I have pretty high expectations about the last episodes. They better be good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Astria
post Jun 21 2007, 04:07 AM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,515

QUOTE(Twilightz @ Jun 19 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]553634[/snapback]
The 3rd season has been interesting so far. There's been some cool plot twists including [spoiler]the new Master. I wonder how they're gonna get the TARDIS back.[/spoiler] Anyways, I have pretty high expectations about the last episodes. They better be good.

I'd like to think that the quality of 'Blink' and the excellent twist in the story at the end of 'Utopia' is a sign that we're up for a good set of concluding episodes. I enjoyed last year's finale, but they seem to have come up with something even better this time around[spoiler]AKA: The Master. The Master being played by Jacobi and Simm![/spoiler]. Not to mention we've finally got 10 and Jack in the same place. Can't wait to see how they develop the interaction between these two.

I really like Martha as a companion, but hope that that the comments in 'Utopia mark the end of the constant references to Rose. It's time to let Martha stand up as something other as a constant reminder that she isn't Rose. However, unlikely though it is, I would love to see Martha and Rose meeting, a'la Rose and Sarah Jane in 'School Reunion'. The difference being that they're closer in age, and Martha so obviously views Rose on some level as a rival for the Doctor's affections, whereas with Sarah Jane it was a little different. (But seeing as I can't have my cake and eat it - I'd go for some more character development for Martha).

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post Jun 21 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #71

QUOTE(Astria)
It's time to let Martha stand up as something other as a constant reminder that she isn't Rose.

Agreed. I'm getting tired of them talking about Rose in every episode. We know almost nothing about Martha's past and family.

Blink was a great episode, considering that it featured Doctor very little. These kind of episodes can be refreshing and I hope we see them in the future.

BTW, who voted Saxon?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jun 22 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #72

Master Alchemist

So far I enjoyed Blink and the one with the huge Traffic jam (I don't really bother learning episode names...). Both very epic in my opinion.

Loved the non-sequitur (I think it was a non-sequitur) in Blink. Why did the Doctor have the Bow and arrow? I'd love it if they had an episode that crossed over that moment that explained it.

All in all new girl seems fine, the episodes have been funky and the cliff hangers painfully suspenseful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 22 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #73

Moderator Emeritus

I voted Saxon

I agree about Martha, and I do hope the whole Doctor reffering to Rose all the time ends too. She is going to help save the day one way or another so she can finally prove herself.

Warning: McFly and Sharon Osbourne to appear in next episode (apparently)

--------------------

+Quote Post
joanne45
post Sep 18 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 41,464

I've watched Torchwood (on a series opener on Saturday and repeats on Sunday) and I'm crazy for the cast especially Jack (he was on Dr. Who episode)...this saucy series made my day!
Thank you, BBC America biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Triss Hawkeye
post Sep 18 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,067

I can't believe I didn't see this thread before, being a complete Doctor Who geek...

My favourite episode this season has been Blink - I think it must be the scariest one I have seen. It is my second overall favourite as well, apart from the Girl In The Fireplace.

I love John Ssimm as the Master - it's a shame he died . Although not forever, I'm pretty sure he's going to come back with a new face (what about that ring the woman picked up?)

--------------------
"You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
~C.S. Lewis~

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 06:55 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css