Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wrath's Ability, Compared to Other Humoncli
Fayth Prophecy
post Apr 21 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,992

I'd go with what Nepharski's idea. It seems logical enough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Automne
post Apr 21 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,171

Actually, seems hardly logical and/or explainable to me...

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Rogue37
post Apr 21 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 34,841

Well, maybe it has something to do, with how you lose your limbs, eh?
I mean I'm not sure if anyone of the other homunclus have ever lost a limp because of the gate.

I try to explain, but well my english... Okay, everything starts with the gate. They were "born" there, right?
So if you go back and stand infront of that and something of you will be sucked in, than there's no possibiltiy for a homunclus to regernerate these "stolen" limbs. Maybe that's the reason...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Apr 21 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Want I think is right: Wrath never owned those limbs, they were just attached to him and were simply using Eds arm and leg, just like automail, only not. Therefore, he couldnt regenerate it becuase they werent really part of him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jo21
post Apr 21 2006, 05:39 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,397

i think wrath is different from all the other homunculus.
1. he doesn't have a special ability.
2. he can't recover/revive/whatever.
3. all homunculus are the remaining thing that is left from the human transmution. however, wrath is not. his real body is taken away by the hands from the gate. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Msn : Jo_Burningfire@yahoo.com.sg

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Apr 21 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I think he gained his special ability by gaining those limbs and being able to fuse his body into/with other things. About the gate..unlike other Homunclus, he grew up inside the gate itself and then took Eds arm and leg as his own. He grew on his own..hey...maybe he was a gate baby XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Damascus
post Apr 21 2006, 06:27 AM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,658

Actually, I beleive Wrath's special power is merging. Even without really using alchemy he was able to merge with his bed in one of his first episodes. Whether or not he's still able to do it after losing his limbs I don't know, but I think the alchemy is just a bonus.

--------------------
Deep Wave Alchemist - Kyoha no Renkinjutsushi
RED DAAAWWWWWWNNNN!!!!!!!!!

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Fanboy till the day I die!
I IPB Image Winry

+Quote Post
Jo21
post Apr 21 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #23

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,397

The reason why wrath is able to use alchemy is because it is the limbs of ed's. since ed's a alchemist, the limbs will be able to use alchemy too. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Msn : Jo_Burningfire@yahoo.com.sg

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Apr 21 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,639

Saw that too, and tried to rationalize the apparent inconsistency....

I thought it all came down to Wrath's screwed-up mind, his willpower: he wanted to be human, and having Ed's arm and leg--his HUMAN limbs--well, he enjoyed them so much, he wanted the rest of Ed's body. X_X So, when he loses those human limbs--now, I think he CAN regenerate, but not those limbs, only his own, which he hasn't really used since getting Ed's arm and leg in the first place. Right, when he loses them, he still want to be human--so, consciously or unconsciously, he resists his automatic regeneration of his Homunculus nature; Winry's automail is a compensation--having metallic limbs is still more human than a Homunculus growing back his parts. (It recognizes human frality, you see.)

To summarize, I think Wrath didn't grow back his own limbs because of his desire to be human, or at least seem more human.

Did that make sense?

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Apr 21 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,950

QUOTE(Jo21 @ Apr 21 2006, 05:24 AM) [snapback]384336[/snapback]

i think wrath is different from all the other homunculus.
1. he doesn't have a special ability.
2. he can't recover/revive/whatever.
3. all homunculus are the remaining thing that is left from the human transmution. however, wrath is not. his real body is taken away by the hands from the gate. biggrin.gif

1. he's got two special abilities he's able to merge his body with other things he didn't clap his hands to merge with the bed, plus the extra ability due to the limbs he obtained from ed for alchemy

Oh Snap after thinking about number 2 I just remembered something witch makes it where I'll have to go with

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 20 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]384002[/snapback]

Wrath can only regenerate whats actually his.His propper form is pretty much a mirror of Ed.He can only regenerate that far.If he lost his other leg he could re-grow it.

this

with the exception of being a mirror of ed lol

Wrath can only regenerate whats actually his

cause thinking about what Jo21 said "2. he can't recover/revive/whatever."

I remember in that same episode Nepharski mentioned Number 47 I think it is

where Lust Puts a Nail thru Wrath's head his pupiles go dead just like ed's in my avatar, and he revives himself shortly after they already left him, he must have also regenerated that hole lust made in his head as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Apr 22 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 23,257

In Episode 46, Lust rebells against the Homunculi betraying Wrath and joining Edward to save his brother. Edward asks her why she wants to be a human in the first place, as she seemed to have so much disdain for the affairs of mankind. She responds by asking him why he want's to return his brother to his original body, despite the fact that his current one protects him from the elements and pain and even death. Greed was after Alphonse because he wanted the secrets to eternal life, and saw the suit of armor as the closest anyone has come. Why should Edward want to take away such a "Gift" that has been bestowed upon his brother? As Lust seems to be comparing Alphonse's situations with her own, it is very conceivable that she, and all Homunculi therein, would prefer to be powerless, yet complete, humans, rather than what they are now. Becoming fully human as they wish could theoretically reduce the Homunculi to nothing more than average, "fragile" humans, but they still want it, nonetheless.

Going with this, Wrath already has two human limbs. They are not his own, but as his ability to to merge with surrounding elements, he has taken them. The fact that he can preform Alchemy, which no other Homunculi can do, sets the "Humanity" of his limbs in stone. Thusly, when he loses them, they do not grow back. Why? Because they are already human. If those parts had been 100% Homunculi, they would have grown back, but they didn't, because part of him, via the dubious nature of the gate and Ed's sacrifice, was already human, so his regenerative powers couldn't affect them. It makes sence, in the end.

Long-winded, yes, but that's what I think.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 22 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #27

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

I have a question about Wrath as well. Why didn't he regenerate his burnt flesh after Sloth died? He does later, but I don't know why he didn't immediatly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Apr 22 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Apr 22 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]384834[/snapback]

I have a question about Wrath as well. Why didn't he regenerate his burnt flesh after Sloth died? He does later, but I don't know why he didn't immediatly.

Not sure on exactly why it takes awhile to recover, but it's not inconsistant. Wrath's regeneration time seems slower than the rest of the Homunculi. Twice he gets stabbed through the forehead by Lust, and both times it takes a fair moment for him to regain conciousness. As long as were on that subject, when Scar duels Gluttony and Lust in the Library, he destroys Gluttony's arm, which also doesn't grow back right away. Compare this with, say, Pride, who's entire body reassembles after being blow to smithereens just moments before. Maybe Homunculi "Reactions times" vary. Who knows.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 22 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

It probably has to do with the amount of red stone that they've eaten. If they have less, regeneration would be correspondingly slower. It's not like they can just use them until they 'hit the wall,' so to speak, and then completely stop.

Wrath couldn't regenerate his limbs for one of two reasons. The one that seems most apparent is that he never had those limbs in the first place. They're sort of like clothes- he's 'wearing' them, but they're not actually part of his body. He would have needed to give up his real limbs to take on Ed's.

He also may not have regenerated because he doesn't have any red stone left. He was hit with that transmuatation circle thing, and he hadn't had a lot in the first place because he was such a young homunculus.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 22 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #30

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Nepharski, good point.

MonsterEnvy, he still has some red stones left, but your theory's a good one.

However, I'm willing to bet that Gluttony has had loads of red stones, but his regeneration's pretty slow.

Then again, he is big, so it would take longer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css