HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Winry fans! Thread for all Winry fans to talk about Winry!, Anti-Winry fans, please kindly stay away. :)
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #76

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,903

Lol I actually got really teary eyed when I read the part with her and Ed at the train. Maybe it's just because I'm an Edwin fan girl lol but I also felt really happy for Winry, because I knew trhat she deserved it.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 18 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #77

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

No, it was very emotional happy.gif

<Warning! Series Final Spoiler ahead!>
It was a good way to end the manga. You've been reading about these characters this whole time, watching them grow, watching them struggle and laugh and cry. The interaction between Winry and Ed at the end is a good way to let you know that they're story for now is done, that they're struggling is over, and they're about to start a new, happy life.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #78

Apprentice

Yeah ^___^

So it really was the perfect ending for Winry! (And Ed too)

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 18 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #79

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

While we're talking about favorite scenes with Winry...happy.gif

I'd like to add that I especially like the train scene with her realizing that she loves Ed. It's not just this random development, it's been growing in her for years...and as she looks back, she finally sees the truth. What I like most about this, however, is that it's not your typical, "GASP! I'm...I'm in love with him -insert random shoujo bubbles and starry eyes-". It was a sweet moment without having a cliche--it's very realistic in that sense.

To explain it better, a quote from Dearheart42:

Look at the scene where she finally admits to herself that she loves Ed. Do you see any shojo-esque sparkles? Bubbles? Roses? Is Winry even blushing? No. It's a very quiet, thoughtful moment for her...and unlike other love-interest characters I've seen, she doesn't swoon over him or think about how attractive he is. Rather, she thinks about the journey, all the ups and downs they've gone through together and how much he's grown.

Link: http://dearheart42.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d374wgc

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #80

Apprentice

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 18 2011, 09:32 PM) *
While we're talking about favorite scenes with Winry...happy.gif

I'd like to add that I especially like the train scene with her realizing that she loves Ed. It's not just this random development, it's been growing in her for years...and as she looks back, she finally sees the truth. What I like most about this, however, is that it's not your typical, "GASP! I'm...I'm in love with him -insert random shoujo bubbles and starry eyes-". It was a sweet moment without having a cliche--it's very realistic in that sense.

I agree with you. I love that scene biggrin.gif I'm such a sucker for Edwin xD

And I always have loved how it's not your typical girly "OMG I LOVE HIM!" shoujo way to big of a deal realization. I just loved how simple and sweet it was. And you're right. There was no cliche and I thought that was great because there always is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 19 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #81

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 18 2011, 11:07 PM) *

And I always have loved how it's not your typical girly "OMG I LOVE HIM!" shoujo way to big of a deal realization. I just loved how simple and sweet it was. And you're right. There was no cliche and I thought that was great because there always is.

Me, too. wub.gif

(we're getting off-topic, but...)
Yes, I second that. It was developed way back from the beginning (come on, we knew that from like the first scene XD). And the relationship gradually grew into more than just friendship. It's simple yet effective. I hate the argument of "cliche" in EdWin, because there really isn't anything cliche about it besides the fact that they are childhood friends. Their relationship is presented in a very un-cliche way.

Winry's development is very clear in the manga, which I really like. You don't find many girls that have that much development in other animes...

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 20 2011, 08:33 AM
Post #82

Apprentice

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 19 2011, 03:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 18 2011, 11:07 PM) *

I hate the argument of "cliche" in EdWin, because there really isn't anything cliche about it besides the fact that they are childhood friends. Their relationship is presented in a very un-cliche way.

Winry's development is very clear in the manga, which I really like. You don't find many girls that have that much development in other animes...

(Warning! Series Final spoilers under the spoiler covers!)
I totally agree with you. I loved the way that their relationship was presented. I also loved the way that it ended. At first I was disappointed that they didn't kiss. But then I read 108 again recently and I realized that the hug was just too perfect! wub.gif It was adorable and made me very happy. I felt as if it had a lot of emotion in it, and it was the perfect way to end the series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 20 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #83

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 20 2011, 09:33 AM) *
(Warning! Series Final spoilers under the spoiler covers!)
I totally agree with you. I loved the way that their relationship was presented. I also loved the way that it ended. At first I was disappointed that they didn't kiss. But then I read 108 again recently and I realized that the hug was just too perfect! wub.gif It was adorable and made me very happy. I felt as if it had a lot of emotion in it, and it was the perfect way to end the series.

I feel the same! When I first read it I was upset that they didn't kiss, but once re-reading it I could't be more satisfied. I think if they had kissed it would have kind of ruined the whole mood of the last chapter.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
eccentric_intell...
post May 5 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 80,590

Whats up people, I'm new and all that. And this shall be my first post.

I like both Ed and Winry. They are interesting and complex characters.

Everyone is about to throw stones at me, but I have a slight crush on Winry, which is weird because I never take anime or cartoons seriously. But yea, I am actually an Engineer myself, and if you guys know any girls who are obsessed with gears, transistors, microchips, robots and etc, email me her number. dry.gif

I remember that scene in the original FMA in Rush Valley where some girl was excited about a huge diamond ring, and then they show Winry displaying the same level of excitement over the latest wrench, I was like, dang, can I marry you now? laugh.gif I just wanted to say that. I am guilty. Sorry. So which way to the guillotine?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:13 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css