HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homosexuality & Gay Marriage, What do you think?
Homosexuality & Gay Marriage
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
Toby-Chan
post Mar 29 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #646

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

Having a religious marriage is a choice, but even without one, it's still legally a marriage. :/ My parents were married in a courthouse by a judge, but they were still married all the same. And having a marriage in a church that isn't recognized by the state (Say, for example, unitarian churches are known to allow gay marriage), it's still not a legal marriage. A union doesn't always need a church approval to be a legal marriage, but it does need state approval.

Semantics are silly.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ゆきえいり
post Mar 29 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #647

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,697

That annoys me a lot. Why does the state get to approve? If it's love, then they should be allowed to in my opinion. Who's to say it's right or wrong? Sorry, going off again! happy.gif

--------------------
Zoom Zoom Zoom on the Boom Boom.

~*^-------------------------------------------^*~

My Forum Family (Hah): Illusionist_Alchemist (IDENTICAL twin)

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Apr 1 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #648

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 39,252

QUOTE(Popogeejo @10:11 AM Mar 29 2007)
Any Church/Temple that preforms this ceremony goes against it's teachings.

That's not necessarily true. At my old temple gay marriage was accepted and preformed and perfectly fine. It depends on the individual place of worship.

People are crying that homosexuality goes against certian religions, but that doesn't mean government has to get involved. In fact (in America) one could easily argue that getting involved goes against the Constitution, which should always come before religion in law making.

--------------------
Apprentice and fellow Button Klutz to Seventh_sky *grubbly fist* [stolen]

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post May 21 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #649

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I don't know if this was asked, but is it possible for a person to think that they are a homosexual but not be?

An example would be a girl that could have been sexually abused by her father or older male in her life. Could she think that is attracted to women? Or does she just feel safe with other women until she confronts what has happened in her past?

Another example is could a guy be told by his peers that he is gay jokingly, but he takes it seriously and thinks he is? I have read an article where two boys around the ages of 12 or 13 killed themselves for constantly being harassed by their classmates, who said they were gay.

Another post: Do you guys think that gay people should be allowed to adopt?

I think so, because sometimes sadly straight couples do not give their children a good home. And those children either end up in foster care, and generally having a harder life.

My professor told me a story where one of her gay friends found a baby girl in the dumpster, and him and his life partner were able to adopt the girl, and she is now 14 and living a healthy life in a home where she is loved.

Sorry if this was brought up, I do not have the attention span to read everybody's post.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Jun 3 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #650

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

Here's a video for all you 'defenders of traditional marriage' out there.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/marcf/betty-bowers...age-to-ever-6uw

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Jun 3 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #651

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I'd argue that this sort of 'bible is also immoral' humor doesn't count as an argument, in that the bible's actual stories aren't meant to be tales of morality; only the lists of laws are meant as moral guides.

But it's a funny video.

Also- ADAM AND STEVE. BUMSEX IS UNHYGENIC. AMENDING ANY PART OF A SOCIAL STRUCTURE IS THE SAME THING AS DESTROYING THAT STRUCTURE ENTIRELY.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jun 3 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #652

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

I'm not too passionate about the issue. I think marriage is a bit of a questionable institution in general. But I do think everyone deserves the same rights. I just don't really care about the semantics or anything.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 23 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #653

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I don't think people should be so worried about this. There are plenty of religions other than Christianity and many of them don't necessarily scorn gay people. This is a religious decision, and I don't think that laws should be THIS influenced by the religion of the majority of the people. Separation of church and state, right? Anyway, I don't really care who you marry. You could go marry a dog for all I care. dry.gif
I respect the Bible as a symbol of the Christian church, but I would be a fool to think that it was meant to bring forth the hatred and discrimination that is being spewed from peoples mouths these days.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #654

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I'll admit that I think it's wrong and against God, however I know people who are gay and I don't care because I love them for the people that they are, not for their sexuality, it would be a sin to judge them on that and refuse to accept them because of that, or at least I think. I don't approve of it, but I wouldn't condem it. I do think religion should be left out of it though, because it is against religion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jun 23 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #655

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

it is against religion.

So are Cheese burgers.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #656

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Jun 23 2009, 08:06 PM) *
it is against religion.

So are Cheese burgers.

how are cheese burgers against religion O_o sorry if im offending anyone, thats not my intention, but I'm pretty sure every religion explictly sais its wrong (unless theres one i don't know of) which is why i said i thought religion should be kept out of it, to avoid upset within religious communities. I personally have no problem with homosexual relationships, I don't judge people on their sexuality

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 23 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #657

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 23 2009, 03:12 PM) *
how are cheese burgers against religion O_o

@Forsaken Love - I think serving meat and dairy products at the same meal is a no-no in Jewish religion. Hence, no cheeseburger. smile.gif I'm not Jewish, so please don't drill me on this, but I think their Kosher Law is based on what's said in the Old Testament of the Bible, so, in that sense, I think Popo is quite correct about equating homosexuality and cheeseburger. ^^
Also, there are many religions that do not explicitly state that homosexuality is wrong... such as, (I think ^^) Hindu, Buddhism, Shinto...(yes, these are all legitimate religions. ^^) While some religions, such as Islam explicitly state that homosexuality is against their religion, not ALL of them do. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #658

State Alchemist (Major)

oh XD thats kosher, I didn't know that was one of their rules

lol anyway i thought it was been referred to religion as a whole XD but thanks for explaining to me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jun 23 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #659

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

The rules about meat and dairy appear in the Bible in the same section that supposedly forbids homosexuality.
If you sit down and read Leviticus quite a lot of stuff is forbidden that is perfectly okay to ignore and still be a good Christian.
It just seems odd how the Church picks and chooses which parts of the Bible it can ignore.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 23 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #660

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Jun 23 2009, 04:01 PM) *
The rules about meat and dairy appear in the Bible in the same section that supposedly forbids homosexuality.
If you sit down and read Leviticus quite a lot of stuff is forbidden that is perfectly okay to ignore and still be a good Christian.
It just seems odd how the Church picks and chooses which parts of the Bible it can ignore.

I know, it took the them over 100 years to decide which BOOKS to put in the bible and which ones not to. No body even reads it any more, they jut believe what they hear, and go against whatever they're told to. dry.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 01:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css