HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Kind Of Feel Bad For Hiromu Arakawa., On Ed fangirls, shirtless Ed fanart, and other observations..
Envy's Lady
post Jun 9 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,733

I'm sure that most fangirls like him for other reasons than just how he looks.

I personally can't ever be attracted to a character unless I feel some kind of connection to that character or some kind of understanding so to speak. If I don't know how the character is and have only seen a picture of the character and know nothing about the character....I'm not going to be really attracted.

Anyway, I think that any manga artist should know that if they draw attractive looking characters....they're going to get fans drooling over them. It's only a natural thing that happens. Humans are sexual. We are attracted to stuff. It's normal.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 13 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

Eh... I guess I agree with the OP. It is annoying when people only like a character because they're hot. Just as with real people, there's more to a character than how they look.

That said, I still greatly enjoy the Ed fanservice. Why turn down free eye-candy, right?

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jul 20 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

Wow, this conversation turned from "too much stripping" to "debate over voice-actors".

In my opinion, I love stripping images, scenes, all I can get =) Edward has an amazing personality, he has the righ to take off clothes. Maybe he is okay with his body image which is weird considering that he is a teenager and teenagers are known to be unsure of their looks, they think they're either too fat or ugly and boys are worried about whether they look manly enough. Yet, the automail keeps bothering me. I'm sure they are not that popular and stripping might earn some curious gazes, apart from adoring ones =)
I would be annoyed if the stripping was really intentional like with Armstrong.

I think that ripping of clothes in a battle kind of portrays Edward's strong personality and self-esteem. He likes to show off, you remember his style in alchemy. Everything he does is big and decorated so that everyone will notice. I'm not sure whether it is his intention to be so visible but he seems to do what he likes and doesn't care about the protests his style gets.

Now, as for the voice actor (have no idea how it got here), I prefer Romi. She is absolutely amazing as Japanese voice actors usually are. In other countries, dubbing anime is like dubbing any kind of tv-show, you just pick some people to play the parts. In Japan, anime voice actors are highly admired. Romi can portray every emotion perfectly and her voice has some unbelievable varibiality. Vic is okay but I don't like him that much. Sure, it's more realistic if a boy is played by a man but he isn't the character. With Vic it's more like he says the lines like they ought to be said; he acts but Romi is the character.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 06:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css