HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Kind Of Feel Bad For Hiromu Arakawa., On Ed fangirls, shirtless Ed fanart, and other observations..
Toby-Chan
post Apr 12 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #16

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Apr 12 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]379654[/snapback]
Especially the episodes towards the end, where the dub was flawless.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

...mellow.gif

Uh... yeah. Even with some excellent scripting, the dub still does make a couple of prominent retarded mistakes in the last few episodes. (Not that the original did any better with all its continuity errors.) Aaron Dimsuke still did a sucky job all the way to the end. sleep.gif So dissappointing.

On topic?

Eh, Yeah. I like Ed as a character. Never really saw him on a crush level through the series; more of a cute little brother type of appreciation. Although his matured appearance in the end/movie kinda freaked the heck out of me, since all of the sudden he actually started looking like a rather attractive guy in my eyes, and I was a little worried about seeing him differently if I ever started watching through fangirls' point of view.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lunchbox
post Apr 12 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 30,493

I do believe Edward Elric is handsome. He's strong emotionally and physically, and yes, his maturity does shine through very beautifully. If you've noticed; his anger level has toned down /alot/. He's a very unique character, and I guess I can relate to him. Maybe that's why he's so admireable. Maybe he's a rolemodel. :3

But girls who are just like, "OMG HIS SHIRTZ OFF! HE'S SO SEXII!" upset me. Hiromu Arakawa likes talking about Ed's personality, not his looks as much. I just get the feeling that his true beauty is corrupted. =/

--------------------

IPB Image

A {true} Edward Elric fangirl likes Edward with all of his clothes on.

FullMetal stuff: 55 108 and counting!

It's not obsession.

It's passion.

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 12 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 34,017

ok, sorry if i offened anyone when i say i hate ed's english voice, i just do. i can't stand dubs. but i think, of all dubs fma must be one of the better... i guess....

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
Keoni
post Apr 13 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,992

I have to say, when i first saw Ed shirt-less (shower scene) I was like Whoohoo! laugh.gif He looked really cute..
but I like him with shirt too. Ed is Ed you know, with or without the shirt.

*would like to see roy Mustang Shirt-less... Oew, bad, bad thoughts rolleyes.gif

As for the dubbs, I love the dubbs, I think Vic brings a kind of energy to Ed with his voice.
With Roy I'm not sure. I like what Toru did with subb-Roy, but my heart just broke when Travis did the Grave Scene. There was so much emotion in his voice. It was sad, but beautiful. Toru's approch to the scene was more stoic.

Nil_chan, don't worry about it! You're entitled to your opinion, right? happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 13 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #20

*would like to see roy Mustang Shirt-less... Oew, bad, bad thoughts

*nods viggorously* Heck yes!

as for subbs and dubbs, lets just all read the manga and give them what ever voice we like. happy.gif

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
Arrowhead Alchem...
post Apr 13 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

From: Jumping through your window and running to the fridge for a sandwich! XD
Member No.: 22,834

Yeah, Ed is cute, but not only that: all teh other reasons are correct too happy.gif I'm a Edo fan meself anywayz tongue.gif

Maybe fangirls do like him for those reasons too, but <3 to say " I LOVE EDWARD!!!!! X3!!! " or" HE'S SO SMEXY!!!! " because they can't scream it in real life? blink.gif ....Or maybe some are just freakishly obssessed?

I <3 how Vic gives Ed's voice! It's the best guy voice I've ever heard! :3

--------------------
Read teh funneh "Conqueror of Shamballa in 5 Minutes" !!! =Dhttp://cryogenia.livejournal.com/155498.html

Visit my DA! :D http://fullmetal-illusion.deviantart.com

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 13 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 12 2006, 11:26 PM) [snapback]379777[/snapback]

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Apr 12 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]379654[/snapback]
Especially the episodes towards the end, where the dub was flawless.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

...mellow.gif

Uh... yeah. Even with some excellent scripting, the dub still does make a couple of prominent retarded mistakes in the last few episodes. (Not that the original did any better with all its continuity errors.) Aaron Dimsuke still did a sucky job all the way to the end. sleep.gif So dissappointing.

Well, I was refering to most the script. There were minor changes, but I didn't think they were a big deal. And no, Aaron isn't the greatest, but I think he's not bad. And Vic and Travis rock...happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 13 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #23

^^ no comment.

Maybe fangirls do like him for those reasons too, but <3 to say " I LOVE EDWARD!!!!! X3!!! " or" HE'S SO SMEXY!!!! " because they can't scream it in real life? ....Or maybe some are just freakishly obssessed?

i can understand that... i only rant about anime/manga online, hardly in real life, so i'd se why they'd do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark_insanity_13
post Apr 13 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 30,965

i agree. all most fangirls seem to think about is how he looks. some MAY think about how he acts, but they don't look very deeply into it and think whatever the hell they want to think.
i'm an Ed fangirl too wink.gif you're not alone in this. i also feel sorry for Hiromu. but i doubt the stripping thing is for the fanservice, i think it's more for the humour or the story. or to show off Ed's automail, as she said (did you know that the online manga reader thinks Hiromu is a guy? this confused me and had to go through several sources to make sure she's a girl XD)
i appreciate Ed clothed and shirtless. maybe pantsless if he has underwear on, but NEVER naked >.< i'm not THAT bad. but i don't just appreciate Ed for his looks. when i see Ed and his antics, i almost see a bit of myself in him, bad attitude, short temper and all. that's why i like him. i mostly appreciate Ed for his actual character. unlike some shallow fangirls, if Ed was scrawny, and not at all hot or handsome, i would probably like him anyway for his personality.

but i like the fact Hiromu strips him on occasion to show off his automail. i like that not just for the six-pack (heh-heh...drool...), but the detail in the automail. i admit, i have a bit of Winry in myself too. i'll look at some things and wonder how they work. then i get tempted to take them apart to see how they work. it's the same with automail. i wanna see how it works, how they manage to get the nerves to connect, how everything moves, and all that. it's all so...interesting biggrin.gif

i'm gonna stop now before i create a page all on my own.

--------------------

We cannot go back...to those days we had once lived...
But we can live through the days that are before us...

+Quote Post
snwbnny
post Apr 13 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

From: Currently infront of the computer on a not so comfertable chair...
Member No.: 21,675

dark_insanity_13
: -Nods- I agree with everything you just said. o.o

I absolutely love Ed's personality. And... I love his outfit. xD I love everything about him. (Sounds freakishly obsessed) O_O Not to mention, I hate it how some fan girls (Not ALL, but SOME) start to hate Winry just because she's Ed's friend. I mean, I love Winry...Not in that way. >.< . (Is huge EdxWinry fan) In my opinion, all of Hiromu's characters are great. I can't find myself to hate any of the characters... Well, maybe Tucker... But in a way that I love to hate him.

And now, after sharing my opinion, I must go... And pray that I don't get beat to death by SOME fan girls. o.o

--------------------

See that awesome sigggy? Well, it was made by Nil-chan! Thank you! ^__^

+Quote Post
Arrowhead Alchem...
post Apr 13 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

From: Jumping through your window and running to the fridge for a sandwich! XD
Member No.: 22,834

QUOTE(snwbnny @ Apr 14 2006, 12:30 AM) [snapback]380468[/snapback]

dark_insanity_13
Not to mention, I hate it how some fan girls (Not ALL, but SOME) start to hate Winry just because she's Ed's friend. I mean, I love Winry...Not in that way. >.< . (Is huge EdxWinry fan)

Same here. I HATE that they diss Winry [huge EdxWinry fan too tongue.gif ] and say that Ed's "their" boyfriend or something. dry.gif That's stupid. BTW, they're WAY too many pics/fanart of EdxRoy or Edx Whatever guy on this site. Hm, EdxWinry fans *points at Snwbnny* should upload and submit more EdxWinry pics. We could create a EdxWinry club on DeviantArt, since I have an account (Fullmetal-Illusion). How 'bout it? huh.gif They need more support!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Read teh funneh "Conqueror of Shamballa in 5 Minutes" !!! =Dhttp://cryogenia.livejournal.com/155498.html

Visit my DA! :D http://fullmetal-illusion.deviantart.com

+Quote Post
Chizu
post May 31 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 35,895

QUOTE(Lunchbox @ Apr 12 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]379355[/snapback]

NOTE: This is coming from the mouth of an Edward Elric fangirl. No, I'm not a hypocrite. Just, stating what I think. biggrin.gif

Poor, Poor Hiromu. =/

As we all know, Edward Elric has almost a gajillion fangirls now. He's probably had fangirls since 1899. When he was born. o__o Anyways...

Fangirls are known to swoon, sigh, and cry out, "That's sexy!"

But what I noticed is that most of the pictures are of Edward in just his boxers, Edward showering, etc. etc.

=/ Can't they appreciate Edward when he's fully clothed? He's a beautiful character, and he's got great posture. Sure, his attitude may need to have a little work done, but that's what makes him unique. He also has many talents. But everyone just likes it when he wears less clothes then what men usually wear. Just because he looks good doesn't mean that you should all swarm to him. =/

And I understand Hiromu probably adds those 'sexy' scenes in for alot of the fangirls, but...

Why not when he's normal Edward?

Quote from Hiromu Arakawa, The art of FullMetal Alchemist, Page 94: "Another thing that I noticed was "Boy, the man character sure takes off his clothes alot." Of course, if I want to draw his auto-mail, then I have to make them take off his clothes. But maybe he strips more than Major Armstrong? Is Edward a stripper? No, guys always walk around their room only wearing their underwear."

Maybe there's some hidden reason. o: But her main point is that she wants to draw his auto-mail. So, shouldn't we all be paying attention to his auto-mail? o:

I try to avoid those pictures(actually i don't see them alot)

I'm a fan myself (of Ed) I happen to be alot like him

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 1 2006, 03:17 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

>Zaiku No Renkinjutsushin
Do you have auto mail...? o_O oh dear.

>Lunchbox
Nyaaa! zomg ed!!!11! hes so frikn smexii itz nawt funni no morz!!1 zomg, no shirt, lol lol. look, boxerz! lololol ::giggle giggle:: fangirl squee!

Just kidding mellow.gif

Ed's an awesome dude. How he runs around complaining that people are calling him short even though they don't, how he's yelling and fighting with Winry and Winry kills him with a wrench...s'all good....(I actually dont like him that much, but lets think positive for now.)

Basically you mostly see him without a shirt (he's got abs at the age of 12, i know i couldnt do that, but hey, Im girl, so that makes it a little harder). Even when Eds colouring his hair to green (episode I-forgot) he's not wearing a shirt...and Winry comes in ..which is okay, cuz that's fanservice and knida EdWin cuz she blushes and she-- ok never mind, anyway.

Ed's a teenager. Around..meh, 16. Hot? No. Cute? Sometimes. If your a 10 year old fangirl than I guess thats ok...I cant imagine a 15 year old squeeing over Ed.
In the movie he's, what, 19? For some reason he kinda just got a little bit hot. But just a little.

Now, about hating Winry. If you hate Winry cuz she's Ed's friend and could-be girlfriend, then you're just a little bit stupid up there. Just a little bit...not a lot though ^^

PS: Ed's nice looking when he's in a fight scene..get that tough, brave, couragous look, y'know?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Galorfilinde
post Jun 1 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #29

Alchemists

Member No.: 31,934

Lunchbox, I totally agree with you. Ed is a great character, and NOT because of his stripping scenes XD I love everything about him. On one side, he's a stubborn kid with a kinda wrong attitude, but on the other side, he's a very sensitive and caring person. That's why I like him so much. Yeah, he looks cute too, but the main reason is the personality. Loving a character only for the looks is just so wrong.

It could be that Hiromu Arakawa did it because she wanted to draw the automail, but she also could make him wear the tank top only to do that. So maybe, there' another reason too. And about that showering scene: I mostly looked at his automail and hair, and not his muscles XD I really love the way she drew the automail. I can't explain the hair though tongue.gif

Talking about his hair, I think long hair really suits him, but sometimes I wonder why he has long hair. Isn't he a little too impatient to braid his hair over and over again? I think I would have short hair if I'd have a lifestyle like him. He's got enough and more important things to care about, but it seems he cares about his hair too tongue.gif

QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 13 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]379533[/snapback]

He's a sweet guy, i loved him when i heard his voice (subbed, not dubbed, cause in dubbed he sounds like a drowning monkey. eeww.

LOL, I totally agree with you! laugh.gif

To all obsessed Ed fangirls who hate Winry and scream things like Ed's mine! : That's just pathetic. I love Winry, she's a great character too.

But I must confess I like his looks in the movie. The clothing design is awesome, and I like the ponytail. But is there a shirtless Ed in the movie? I don't think so, or I suddenly must've gone blind. It's again a combination of: his personality and his looks. I think that's ok, as long as you don't like him only for the looks, and as long as you're not totally obsessed. I just can't understand that! Falling in love with Johnny Depp or someone like that, I can understand, for he is a real human. But Ed's just an anime character...

Long post... XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
No_One
post Jun 1 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,468

I Personaly like Ed much more with his shirt on. Because I love his outfit and his personality. He's just so kool and cute. I've never realy thought of him as sexy, even with his shirt off, I guess I just wasn't expecting him to have abs under that jaket.
As for his voice I realy like it. But then I've never heard his Japanese voice...

So I like Ed because he's Ed!

--------------------

Credit for making my avie and siggy goes to Nil-chan. But the pic for the avie was drawn by SummerWolf
Royai forums|Live Journal
~Forum Family~
Sister-Clockwerk

If you want to be a part of my forum family just PM me.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 11:06 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css