HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 58 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 4 V
Antimony
post Mar 31 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,225

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 58 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 26.

==============

It's still over a week away, but I know we're all just DYING to see what Hiromu-sensei has up her sleeve this time. What's the story with Riza's tattoo? Is it from the Ishbal War? Did Roy put it there? What was it's purpose? And what actually happened during this war to affect so many characters and so much of the plot? Put your questions and speculations here, as we anxiously await our next manga fix!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on July 10, 2011>

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 31 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

How long do translations take?
I started downloading about a week after 57 came out so I'm not sure how quick they come out.

I can't wait.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Mar 31 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

This feels a bit early... we normally will have translations by the 14th, latest, but the 11th or 12th is normal. If we're lucky, it couldd be as early as the ninth.
edit
But, anyway, more questions...
Will the next three or four chapters be kimbley's moment in the sun? Will he play a role in the story at large, or just in the flashback? Will we get to finally *meet* Gran in person? Will any more alchemists be introduced? Will we get a good view of Scar's brother's right arm, and will it have the same design as Scar's? Will we learn their real names? Will we meet the Rockbells? Does it matter?
---
Just what's on my mind...
yet another edit!
Does anyone else think that hohenheim is bringing his briefcase (full of philosopher's stones?) to the mountains in the north? It's the only range that's been mentioned in Amestris. I think that he'll appear in the beginning of the chapter for a couple of pages of traveling, and maybe some enlightenment on what he's doing, just to remind us that he's still around. We haven't seen him since chapter 54, I think, and then for only two pages, so it might be time for him to come back before we get into the ishbal flashback.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Moushi
post Mar 31 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 32,566

Gaaahhhhh....ZOMGFTA says/has 10 more days. I can't wait!!! * Self-destruct sequence begins* ohmy.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Apr 1 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

Sigh~ The last chapter was so short... hope this one's longer with more explainations. (*coughIshibalcoughRiza's tattocoughetc.cough*)
I wanna hurry up and see Ran Fan with super autoarm on her!! biggrin.gif

But I don't think Riza's tatto mystery will be revealed that much in the next chap... it's kinda of a sudden thing and explaining it quickly is not Arakawa-sensei's style...

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 1 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 1 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]372740[/snapback]

But I don't think Riza's tatto mystery will be revealed that much in the next chap... it's kinda of a sudden thing and explaining it quickly is not Arakawa-sensei's style...

How would Arakawa go into explaining it anyway? It`s not like Ed saw the tatoo, so there is no reason to bring up an explanation. Unless it just randomly goes into flashback mode...

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 1 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #7

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Ten more days...

I hope it does go into flashback mode, but I also want to see more of Greed. >> The last chapter did not have him at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 1 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 32,500

Maybe Ed walks in on Riza in the shower biggrin.gif
It would satisfy our need-to-know, but the main character would most definitely would get a severe case of being-turned-into-ashitis by the next chapter tongue.gif
Somehow, I do think that Ed will get a look at the tattoo and Riza will explain it to him, but exactly why or how is pretty questionable. It'll probably be like one of those mysteries- we'll have no idea, but however it ends up happening will be a 'why the hell didn't I think of that' moment.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 1 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #9

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Ed'll probably see it in a mirror when Riza is getting dressed.I think there's going to be a convo between them about Ishabal/Ishaval.

I think Riza knows Scar fom back then.When Scar first attcked Ed and Roy(the fight where Ed lost his Arfm and Riza kicked Roy to the Floor),she shooot at Scar from less than 15 feet away(he had almost landed a hit on Roy),yet she missed with every shot apart from ne riffel shot which merely grazed him.
maybe he saved/spared her life and she's repaying th edeubt by not killing him

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 1 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 34,017

Woah, that is a possibility. lol@ monster envy, its true. Anyways, im really hoping nothing bad is gonna happen and that tattoo is something good....i hope it has to do wth roy. happy.gif

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 2 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #11

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

YOu know, starting these threads early is pretty much self-torturing so.... why bother!?

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Apr 2 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 2 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]373101[/snapback]

YOu know, starting these threads early is pretty much self-torturing so.... why bother!?

laugh.gif

No one is forcing you to post in 'em. happy.gif
Plus, this one has come at the usual date they do, the first days of the month...

As for me, I won't have internet connection till the 14th, so x_x... At least I'll have available from the beginning the scanlated version
-yay \(^o^ )/-
Hope someone keeps the RAW for me, in case I can't find it around those days... Hope them at ZOMGFTA do... Thx!

*Sensenic tells himself to have patience...* sad.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Apr 2 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

I won't have internet connection from the 4th to the 11th too u.u
I can keep the RAW for you Sensenic ^-^ I think that the raw will survive until the 11th

I can't wait for the new chapter too~~ I don't think that Arakawa will explain the whole thing about Riza's tattoo in this chapter also. She's putting it there to keep the fan's suspense up (like we aren't on the edges of our seats already)..I doubt that Ed would walk in when Riza's changing, although that would be interesting (hmm..what IF Roy walked in)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Miniskirt
post Apr 2 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 21,902

(hmm..what IF Roy walked in) <-- haha that would be funny

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Apr 2 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I actually don't know if they'll even bring up the tatoo. Remember, this is the same Manga where Kimblee is introduced in, what, Chapter 13, and still hasn't been really utilized by Chapter 57. But, whatever.

I expect Marcoh and Scar will have some quality chit-chat time. Hopefully, Marcoh can talk through a face full of bolt 2.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 05:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css