HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Do Girls Get Judged For Reading These?
Guest_Tris the Reaper_*
post Aug 15 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #76

Guests

Simply put, people [namely, many teens I've met] nowadays are arrogant little prats that can find nothing better to do than to jump to conclusions. Chobits and Love Hina are supposed to be shounen/seinen, so when people see girls reading a manga with girls on the cover featuring large breasts, it's pratically mandatory for them to go "LOL SHE'S A LESIBAN".

That, and children nowadays can't accept anything unorthodox. Oh no, doing pot and sleeping around are perfectly fine, but reading manga!? Heresy, sheer heresy!

*groans* I'm so glad I only have one school year left in those hell holes they call high schools. dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 20 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #77

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Aug 15 2007, 11:09 AM) *
I think it's like the whole "boys don't cry" thing. If a girl reads something that's remotely fan-service-y pertaining to girls, it goes against the norm. Kinda like if a girl was seen reading Playboy, you know? I've never done so or run into anyone who has, so if I did and was ignorant, biased, or what have you, I would find it really weird that a girl was reading that. (I wrote this without reading Fushigi Rockna's comment beforehand. Sorry 'bout that, but I'm glad to know that someone has the same logic as me!)

I read Playboy for the articles. :D

But yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Mind you tho, it does make sense if someone thinks you're a lesbian because you're buying yuri manga. Female fanservice is one thing, full fledged girl on gril can be another story :P

+Quote Post
Fujihakama
post Oct 19 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 45,336

Maybe some people think it's a tad strange to see a fangirl read something like this?
I really don't see anything wrong with girls who read Chobits or something. Though parts of the manga CAN be a bit dodgy..... Maybe that's why people stare at them...?

--------------------
__

**./\__/\*******
**(=`^`)******.
**.i'''''''''''i******
**( _U_U_)==>*

+Quote Post
Zalamist
post Oct 23 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 50,880

"Normal" people that I work with make fun of me and we all laugh at my being a nerd. My best friends and I spend most of our time insulting each other and then laughing hysterically because we know it's all in fun. Are people saying these things to you in a mean kind of way? If so, that's not cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Oct 24 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #80

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,225

QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Aug 15 2007, 11:34 AM) *
Simply put, people [namely, many teens I've met] nowadays are arrogant little prats that can find nothing better to do than to jump to conclusions. Chobits and Love Hina are supposed to be shounen/seinen, so when people see girls reading a manga with girls on the cover featuring large breasts, it's pratically mandatory for them to go "LOL SHE'S A LESIBAN".

That, and children nowadays can't accept anything unorthodox. Oh no, doing pot and sleeping around are perfectly fine, but reading manga!? Heresy, sheer heresy!

*groans* I'm so glad I only have one school year left in those hell holes they call high schools. dry.gif

Well put.

somebody thought I was bi becuase my hair is semi short(around my jaw, I cut it to be a bit more original) and I read shonen. Its like if I go to school dressed in all black people automatically think I'm emo or goth. Though I dont see how these series would matter as long as we are not sitting there staring at the female fanservice pic's for hours at a time. I mean I dont know about love Hina but isnt chobits a bit on the 'cute' side at first glance, Im shocked guys dont get judged for these just as much if not more then girls do.

--------------------
Gone. if you should want to contact me Ill be at My deviantart

+Quote Post
The Hawkeye Alch...
post Nov 2 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 50,594

Funny, I never have been judged by the anime/manga I watch/read. And oddly, nearly all of my favorite anime/manga is shonen/seinen, which includes Claymore, FMA(yep, that's included of course), Wolf's Rain, Berserk, Rune Soldier, Escaflowne(though considered shojo as well). I know a lot of girls who enjoy shonen/seinen, and I even know guys who read shojo. XD

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. But then again, I'll probably watch any anime that has to deal with fantasy/scifi, action, and/or history. In that case I always ignore the demographics and go by my own personal interest instead.

--------------------

Siggy made by my wonderful friend Lord Perrin XD

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Nov 28 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,484

o.O

But I actually enjoyed reading/watching Love Hina. Yes, a bit on the perveted side but that's just part of the humour, and we can all take a little dirty joke...right?

And I'm a bit peeved off that people automatically assume that all girls enjoy reading shojou series. Heck, I absolutely despise most shojou manga. Just because a certain anime/manga series is targeted at a certain group, it does not mean that people who do not fit into that group need to stay away from it, nor does it mean that EVERYONE from that group MUST enjoy it. Unless there's some crap about illegal stuff for minors like pr0n...

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 29 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #83

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

A friend of mine used to make fun of me because of the manga I read. It was a Love Hina one, and Chobits. He said he enjoyed the cover art though(I bet you can guess why). It's hard to believe that Love Hina is shounen though. A lot of times, when I read Naruto, people are like "That's for little boys." Well, I can say it is NOT for LITTLE boys. Because of.....some content.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Jan 17 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #84

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

To me manga is manga no matter how you look at it.I like reading most manga as long as it interests me though shojo isn't my favorite.

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jan 17 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #85

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Heh, a friend of mine(as mentioned above) was looking at the cover of Love Hina Novel Vol. 2. All he said was: "Are you gay or something?" For the record, I didn't choose the cover tongue.gif.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Jan 29 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

manga is made for both genders .. it doesn't matter but if it keeps on bugging you
then ...

simply look for another one that is better ! smile.gif

boys are even mistaken to be gays if they read shoujo manga, right?

it means that something suits better and that you're not alone smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 05:01 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css