Thinking Back..., Possible Spoilers Warning for Episodes 1-50
Dreakon
post Mar 15 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,232

IPB Image

Our beloved Full Metal Alchemist is coming to an end, whether we like it or not... but it does not have to be forgotten!

Before the last episode airs, take this chance to discuss our feelings about the dub, past episodes or just the Full Metal Alchemist experience in general. Be it things you noticed on these forums when the dub first aired, other forums. Share Full Metal Alchemist sites other than this one that people can look at and discuss. Much has been said, discussed and just for the fun of it, why not share anything you happen to be thinking. Avoid complaining, this is a place to remember the good times. smile.gif

Call me a sap, but I am incredibly sad knowing the last episode of FMA is coming this week. If you don't like this thread or the idea behind it, you don't have to post in it. It's just here for people to discuss the show, the forums and the experience us dub viewers have had since the series began in the States back in November 2004!

Allow me to begin. I remember back when the dub was first aired all the typical sub fans roamed the dub forums grieving about how terrible the dub was, how certain (or all) voices were ruined and that FMA was up there as another dub Funimation has "butchered". Now, with episode 51 this saturday, I can safely say this is certainly one of the better dubs of any company. It may have had some different sounding voices from the original but it pulled it off better than any of us could have hoped! Just my view, but I am sure many will agree! smile.gif

And before I sign off, here's a site most of you probably knew about but I will post just for reference sake...
The Genuine Truth Behind Truths
(It's a lovely site which posted many of the comparisons between the original and the dubbed version (episode by episode), including edits, cuts and minor changes from the TV-airings. It's an interesting read!)

So, post your memories! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InternetAlchemis...
post Mar 15 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 32,460

I too am sad that FMA is coming to a close. I have only known about it since about mid 2005, but i quickly fell in love with the first episode I saw, staying up every night to watch it on AS. Call me sentemental, but I have truely enjoyed watching Ed, Al, and all the other beloved charaters grow and change. I shall feel lost without them sad.gif

--------------------
The Internet Alchemist

~~~To Gain, Something of equal value must be lost -- Alchemy's first law of equivlant exchange.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Mar 15 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Remember, there is still the movie and manga >>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claytonheim of L...
post Mar 15 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 31,917

Yes, this show was a great surprise for me, I don't even know why I started watching it, I think I had it on in the background while I was doing something else, but I was hooked almost immediately. It became the main reason I look forward to the weekends! I even watch the replay at 3 am. Hopefully they will replay it for years, like they do with Cowboy Bebop. I was afraid I would have no reason to live for a while, but hey, we got the movie in September! And I'll watch the dvds many, many times....they have so much replay value, you notice details you may have missed the first time around, and you'll see hints and forshadowing that you didn't pick up on untill you saw the later episodes. But hey, one more to go! 3 more days of breathless anticipation!

+Quote Post
Melydragon
post Mar 15 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 30,365

Yeah, it is very sad that FMA is actually coming to an end, but hey, we still have the movie and the manga is not finished yet.

Is not like we wonīt be able to enjoy it anymore just because itīs over. We will still love it smile.gif .

--------------------
Taking a ride in the time wind, letīs cross the heaven,
Somewhere in the rainbow that leads to the door of the dreams
-Wind of Magic

+Quote Post
Winry Elric
post Mar 15 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 9,467

I am very sad that FullMetal Alchemist is coming to a close. It's my favorite anime and since I first watched it I was instantly hooked and later obssessed(and still am and probably will be for a very long time tongue.gif ). It was the highlight of my weekends since November 2004 to sit down and tape every episode, now I won't have that to look forward to anymoreT_T

After watching it for so long, you get attached to the characters as you watch them grow and the plot develope ya know?

Well as much as I hate it, all things must come to a close, but just because it's over doesn't mean we can't watch the repeats and still love and talk about it^^

Also we have the movie to look forward to in October(maybe even in theaters^^) and the manga with a completely different plot^^

Yes, even though FullMetal Alchemist is over doesn't mean it's COMPLETELY over rightu? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 15 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

The Manga doesn't have a mostly different plot, it has a RADICALLY, totally, completely different plot. Even the stuff from the Manga that they used to make the Anime has been changed, taken out of chronological order, and otherwise altered in the Anime. Its WAY COOL! laugh.gif

Yeah, the movie is coming out in October. I saw it already, wasn't very impressed unfortunately but it was all right I suppose. It would be better if they made a sequel that tied up the many things they left hanging.

I do miss FMA, BUT at least I can rewatch the episodes and reread the Manga a zillion times. And on the 29th they're coming out with the 4 OVA's on the Premium Collection, it's all going to be fluff I'm afraid but at least it'll be entertaining fluff I hope.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winry Elric
post Mar 15 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 9,467

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 15 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]363769[/snapback]

The Manga doesn't have a mostly different plot, it has a RADICALLY, totally, completely different plot. Even the stuff from the Manga that they used to make the Anime has been changed, taken out of chronological order, and otherwise altered in the Anime. Its WAY COOL! laugh.gif

Yeah, the movie is coming out in October. I saw it already, wasn't very impressed unfortunately but it was all right I suppose. It would be better if they made a sequel that tied up the many things they left hanging.

I do miss FMA, BUT at least I can rewatch the episodes and reread the Manga a zillion times. And on the 29th they're coming out with the 4 OVA's on the Premium Collection, it's all going to be fluff I'm afraid but at least it'll be entertaining fluff I hope.

Sorry. Yeah, I haven't read the manga only up to volume 5 but I've looked at alot of scans and it is WAY different^^

Okay. I'm sorry, let's continue with the thinking back^^

Oh, one more note with the remembering, the dubbing was FANTASTIC! Just felt like I had to add that. Okay I'll shut up now>_>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 15 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just extolling the happiness that is the Manga! biggrin.gif

I only just found out about FMA a month or two ago believe it or not. In that time I've gotten all 8 released DVD's, all 6 released volumes of the Manga, all the soundtracks, a couple posters, few t-shirts, and the two novels that have been released so far, also a bootleg copy of the movie that I didn't KNOW was bootleg until after I'd already bought it from a store in the Mall where they shouldn't have been tryign to sell bootlegs! My friends think I'm nuts, they're probably right. laugh.gif Anyway, I haven't gotten to the point where I've grown tired of FMA. I do miss the fact that there won't be any new ones (though I'm still holding out hope for a sequel!) but I like watching my DVD's over and over and over and over and over again. Since the Manga is still going I'm really hoping for one or two standalone movies based on the Manga. For instance, in the Manga there is a second knockdown fight between Ed/Al and Scar that I'd love to see animated. But yes, looking back I miss you new FMA's!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 15 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #10

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Dreakon @ Mar 15 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]363528[/snapback]

And before I sign off, here's a site most of you probably knew about but I will post just for reference sake...
The Genuine Truth Behind Truths
(It's a lovely site which posted many of the comparisons between the original and the dubbed version (episode by episode), including edits, cuts and minor changes from the TV-airings. It's an interesting read!)

Wow. It'd be nice if that were editable, Wikipedia style. There are a lot of edits they left out, and a lot of pointless things mentioned earlier on. I guess it looks like a progression from elitist frustration, finally giving way to other fans' criticism and pretending to consider the dub perfect. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Moushi
post Mar 15 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 32,566

I'm probably like the millionth person to say this but FMA has kept me in suspense all week until the episode on saturday. I quickly became engrossed in it after the premiere in Nov. 2004. Unfortunatly I didn't know about this site until like...episode 39 or something...anyway. There is always the manga & movie in english to look forward too. I TOTALLY AM!! laugh.gif Thrilled yet sad for the ending of the anime.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Mar 15 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

I cant believe that fma is comming to an end. Watched this series from begining to end like others and I cant believe this show has molded into my life xD Its still hard to believe but the manga is still going to keep me going dry.gif when the manga ends I have no idea what i will do @@ A new series may come along that has taken place of fma and will once again find something else to be absored in xD;;

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Mar 15 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 28,255

I'm really depressed that FMA is over in one episode.

BUT,

I have a program on my computer that lets me record things straight from the TV and put them on DVD. I have every FMA episode recorded, and the ones I missed, I downloaded in japanese and have. I also got the movie via mail yesterday ($10.50, wh00t), so I can enjoy FMA forever.

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
Dreakon
post Mar 15 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,232

QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Mar 15 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]363867[/snapback]

I have a program on my computer that lets me record things straight from the TV and put them on DVD. I have every FMA episode recorded, and the ones I missed, I downloaded in japanese and have. I also got the movie via mail yesterday ($10.50, wh00t), so I can enjoy FMA forever.

Oh, I'm sure most of us have our ways of keeping FMA viewable until the end of time. I certainly know I do! wink.gif

I remember back before I watched the first episode, I thought Al was some sort of robot and Ed controlled him with alchemy... or something. I thought to myself, "man, if thats what it is, that's kinda lame...", but I watched it anyways. C'mon, I didn't see the sub, what was I supposed to think? How little I knew, I am so happy it wasn't like that. Lol!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
strong_arm1
post Mar 15 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 32,717

I love FMA, and will continue to love FMA. What I'm left thinking as it comes to a close, however, is if any other series will ever hold the level of interest for me that this has. I seriously doubt it.

True, theres still the movie and the manga (not to mention watching the series over again)...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 11:18 AM

Copyright Đ2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css