Do You Believe In The Supernatural?
Metal Alchemist ...
post May 2 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,316

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 12 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]362209[/snapback]

Ah, see I am a firm believer in the tricks of the mind. I put 'visions' and such down to your brain being bored and wanting something to do.

See my nan says I do not see because I do not believe...how convenient. If you want to see such things you will do because your brain puts them there for you.

just because you don't believe does't mean it does't exist. I could say that i don't believe in Semi-trucks and then try to walk across a freeway, i still have a chance to get run over by a semi-truck. what you lack is the ability to sense a presence and therefore you don't see.

I believe and i can sometimes see.

--------------------
Metal Alchemist S. Snyder
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post May 2 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #32

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

...that's a really bad analogy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenix dying
post May 2 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #33

Brigadier General

Member No.: 4,695

QUOTE(Metal Alchemist S. Snyder @ May 2 2006, 06:51 AM) [snapback]389345[/snapback]

just because you don't believe does't mean it does't exist. I could say that i don't believe in Semi-trucks and then try to walk across a freeway, i still have a chance to get run over by a semi-truck. what you lack is the ability to sense a presence and therefore you don't see.

I believe there is a Simpson's episode with that kind of situtation...If i can't see it, its not illegal. Homer's excuse for running a red light...(of course for every situtation there is a parallel simpsons episode ph34r.gif )

--------------------

Drinking women, chasing whiskey

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post May 8 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #34

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

QUOTE(Metal Alchemist S. Snyder @ May 2 2006, 05:51 AM) [snapback]389345[/snapback]

Ah, see I am a firm believer in the tricks of the mind. I put 'visions' and such down to your brain being bored and wanting something to do.

See my nan says I do not see because I do not believe...how convenient. If you want to see such things you will do because your brain puts them there for you.

wwow,, someone ACTUALLY belives that? O.o...

Its Awfull analogy.. very bad iondeedy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 8 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #35

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Metal Alchemist S. Snyder @ May 2 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]389345[/snapback]

Here we go AGAIN, I don't see because I don't feel presence? What a load of crap. Thats just a simple way of saying because I am not foolish enough to think there is a ghost behind me it means I will never see one.

A truck is a truck, its there its real and everyone can see it. You are talking about seeing something that cannot be solidly seen by everyone...note the difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Metal Alchemist ...
post May 8 2006, 05:40 AM
Post #36

Citizen

QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 8 2006, 05:27 AM) [snapback]392335[/snapback]

QUOTE(Metal Alchemist S. Snyder @ May 2 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]389345[/snapback]

Here we go AGAIN, I don't see because I don't feel presence? What a load of crap. Thats just a simple way of saying because I am not foolish enough to think there is a ghost behind me it means I will never see one.

A truck is a truck, its there its real and everyone can see it. You are talking about seeing something that cannot be solidly seen by everyone...note the difference.

other people see ghosts then they must be real by your logic

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post May 8 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

No, you miss the point. Not everyone who can see can see ghosts. Forgetting about blind people for a moment, everyone can see, touch, feel, smell, and get run over by trucks. Not everyone can see ghosts. Therefore, a truck is a physical object which is natural, and a ghost is an imaginary object which may or may not be real. Ghosts and other supernatural activities might be looked on as real or unreal, but as long as it's a question of belief, or as long as some people claim to see them, and others claim not to, you can't call them 'real.' There needs to be some sort of evidence, or theory to explain them. These theories should be presented using evidence garnered from observation. When you follow that route, you've effectively killed the idea of a ghost being supernatural, because you've explained it naturally. The only reason for someone to believe in the supernatural is for the sometimes comforting ideas of 1) being 'superior' than others because they imagine that they can 'see' 2) to escape from the day to day world of explanation and science and think that some things just can't be explained 3) because they have nothing better to do.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 8 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #38

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

MonsterEnvy pretty much summed it up for me, but yes my logic is a truck is something everyone can see....not just those who believe its there.

If you can't see that its convenient that only people who believe in ghosts can see them I may as well give up now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Metal Alchemist ...
post May 9 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #39

Citizen

i see your point. and it is logical

--------------------

+Quote Post
BloodHunter Alch...
post May 23 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 17,789

Yes, I believe!

--------------------
"Yurikago ga hitotsu atta
Yurikago ni hitotsu ga atta
Hitotsu wa futatsu ni natta
Yurikago wa hitotsu kiri ni magirete
Hoshi hitotsu hakaba de yurete
Kieteku yo"

Boku wa Debitto desu ~ ! *smirk*

Kanda: Temae.... MOYASHI!
Allen: Allen desu <3

+Quote Post
Colette
post May 23 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #41

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

I am Christian. I believe in Heaven and Hell. But I believe that if someone dies an unclean death, they hate those who died peacefully and won't rest among them, but they can't stay alive with the people alive, so they envy them. So they remain on Earth and haunt the living. That's my belief.

...And yes, I got my opinions on ghosts from FFX. >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Captain
post May 23 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 36,305

yeah i believe
ive had my own experiences that i dont want to again
my sister is a necrovisionist
my family is pagan so i believe in alot of things
even angels and demons
but of coarse everyone believes on demons
so yes i believe

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 23 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #43

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

but of coarse everyone believes on demons

FALSE!
I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm included with the everyone group.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
chemist
post May 23 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 36,181

ok...i think that supernatural things happen is this world....
but there are just things that people can explain...but this world is natural 100 percent

--------------------
IPB Image ---always fighting for him

the time make you feel bad

+Quote Post
quiddityofquid
post May 25 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,739

QUOTE(chemist @ May 23 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]399924[/snapback]

ok...i think that supernatural things happen is this world....
but there are just things that people can explain...but this world is natural 100 percent

Maybe I'm just being stupid here... But are you saying that supernatural things happen even thought the world is 100% natural? blink.gif

And no, not everyone believes in demons, unless you're thinking of 'demons' as just problems; some people say demons in that sense... Probably everyone believes in problems. Demons in the supernatural sense are an interesting idea, but most people that I know don't believe they exist.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 08:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css