Thread For Rose Fans To Talk About Rose!, Rose-haters, stay out
Queen of Toast
post Mar 29 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,867

I thought Rose was pretty cool.

Hey Rose fans. Perhaps you can answer this question for me. I'm pretty darn sure I have seen every episode, but I never read the manga. I gotta know. Where did Rose's baby come from? blink.gif Who's the father? Is there a father? I am really missing something and it's driving me nuts. I would GREATLY appreciate it if somebody clued me in.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 30 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #17

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

It's heavily implied Rose got raped at the army base so the dad is some bad soilder.....jerk.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Queen of Toast
post Mar 30 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 33,867

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 30 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]371463[/snapback]

It's heavily implied Rose got raped at the army base so the dad is some bad soilder.....jerk.

Oh my GOD! Ekk! Well thanks for the reply.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 30 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 30 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]371463[/snapback]

Not neccesarily a case of the individual soldier just being a 'jerk'; in practically every war in history, women of the opposing sides were raped by soldiers, as torture, destruction of morale, etcetera. It's really horrible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Damascus
post Apr 28 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,658

I do like Rose a lot. At first she's kind of ignorant, but I got to like her. (She's pretty cute!) I think Ed likes her too. (You saw him blush during the dance. X3) And I felt SO bad for her when she reappeared in Holy Mother, and I heard what happened to her. I wanted to leap into the TV and KILL EVERY SOLDIER that did something to her!!!! T.T I got pretty upset over it. I've even seen some ignorant *long-winded string of expletives* call her a slut b/c she had a child. *supresses rising rage*

Overall, I do like Rose, I think she's awesome, and I feel so bad for her! T.T

--------------------
Deep Wave Alchemist - Kyoha no Renkinjutsushi
RED DAAAWWWWWWNNNN!!!!!!!!!

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Fanboy till the day I die!
I IPB Image Winry

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Apr 28 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 27,550

I like her, she's cool. She was really brave to stand up to that soldier when she was trying to protect those children in episode 14. I hate Hakuro for raping her, I was scared when he slapped her.
She's a bit of an airhead for not believing that Cornello betrayed her, but I can't blame her since she had believed in him since he was the only one she had. I don't blame Lust for giving CornYello the fake Philosopher's Stone since she never told him to betray Rose. *hugs Rose*

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 25 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #22

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Huge revival. Because I'm bored and just collected a bunch of pictures of Rose.

http://tinyurl.com/l3ljb

I know there are several repeats, but I probably won't fix that unless I get really, really bored. So expect me to delete the repeats soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple_Soul_Alchemist_*
post Aug 25 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #23

Guests

I like Rose, alot of my friends hate her, and I can't really fathom why, and I've encountered many others who detest her as well.

It could stem from the fact that she dances with him (Ed) in ONE episode, but I could be wrong.

+Quote Post
Lust19
post Aug 25 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 38,765

I would love to join as I do like Rose Thomas and her baby and not only she's a Divine Holy Mother

--------------------
~Anime Conventions~
Oni-Con 2006

Humankind cannot gain anything
without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be
the world's one, and only, truth.

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Oct 8 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

Rose is so awsome.. despite what she has been through she still has strength in herself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Oct 8 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 36,425

How can people hate Rose? Ok, I admit I didn't really like her in the first two episodes. But later on as I thought about her and stuff I began to be ok with her. Besides even my friend who hates female characters like Winry doesn't hate Rose that much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectre_vampire
post Dec 19 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 42,966

Wow, I created a Rose fanclub thread in the Anime Discussion thread before I even knew this thread existed.

I am an esteemed Rose fan. She is very beautiful, and I enjoy her character so much that I sympathized with her becoming a victim. I love her even more later on in the anime because she has a sort of mysterious, unknown quality to her. If I was Ed, my heart would've skipped a few beats as I danced with her.

I can't stand all those blasted "anti-RosexEd" advocates on the Message Boards. Damn killjoys think they can ruin our love for her by throwing logic at us. Well, it's not gonna work! Not as long as I live and breathe! No matter what I'll always pair Ed up with Rose, and throw logic to the curb, I'll have none of that!

--------------------
EdxRose fan until I die!

+Quote Post
EdxRose_fan
post Mar 30 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 45,997

ROSE IS TEH AWESOME!!! cool.gif

Okay, so why do I love Rose so much? Simple. I know what its like to have your religion casted away from you, and your leader (my father) exposed as a fraud. I know what it's like to keep moving forward after hard times with a positive attitude, and to care for those dear to me.

I love her, I find her to be such a strong character for the many hardships she had to conquer. The fact that she was raped and never even considered to abandon her child, now THAT is what a real mother should be, and at such a young age too. (Sure her age was never mentioned, but I always assumed her to be at least two years older than Ed, if not the same age.)

I really don't like how people always assume her to be a damsel in destress, because she really isn't. It's obvious that she isn't, she started her own rally in Liore for God's sakes, Raised a child at a young age, and saved Edward through his dark times. (Such as when he found out about Sloth) Then stood up to Wrath to save Edward, she wasn't afraid too either. You can tell just by the glances she shot at Wrath that she wasn't afraid, even after Edward tackled the homunculus, she hesitated to leave.

Even the manga, in chapters yet to come, she's a strong capible woman who continued on with life after the Cornello accident. And even with all that happened she still has her personallity. The same goes for the anime, and the only reason why you can't see such a thing is because she was: A.) Mute and B.) Drugged/Under some sort of spell by Dante. XD

And, ZOMG did I never mention that I would probably go bi and have her babies???!!! 8D

And now onto the reasons why I support EdxRose, a good strong paring (*sigh* anime only of course) that definately deserves love just like EdWin, EdxRoy, and Elricest.

1.) It's a unique bi-racial hetreo pairing. (Lacking these days.) biggrin.gif
2.) They both have, tragic pasts and can relate to each other.
3.) As I said before Rose helped Edward out of a dark time. (The Sloth incident.)
4.) They help each other.
5.) Edward taught her to keep moving forward when it almost seemed impossible.
6.) Edward always seemed so kind and tender around her of all people.
7.) They always seemed to meet up in the most unlikely of ways.
8.) Opposites attract. (Personality wise.) XD
9.) I dunno, it seems to me that the relationship would be more loving than EdWin or EdxRoy. :shrug: (But obviously nobody else sees that, and it's just my opinion.) *DON'T HURT ME, PLEEEASEEE!* ToT
10.) When Alphonse mentioned her name, he pretended not to know her while a little blush formed on his cheeks. *Awww*
11.) HOMG, did you see the look on his face when he saw Rose dancing in that Grand Ballroom hidden beneath Central?? O.o
12.) The dance scene between Edward and Rose was the only REAL romance shown in FMA. n_n
13.) It was like... destiny when they met in Liore.
14.) You ever saw Ed dance with Winry,now did you? DO YOU ... Nope! ^w^
15.) Rose found her voice again, and that's all because of Edward.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  RozeDanceDither.gif ( 81.07K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
EdxRose fan till the day I die.

Visit My DeviantART website, Please. :B

[size="6"][/size]

+Quote Post
LittleFullMental
post Apr 1 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 58,110

I agree with edxrose_fan on everything! and I completely support this thread!!! Have you guys noticed? or sensed that the only reason people HATE her is because she danced with ed! (the same thing is through with Ed and Noa because of that "scene"!) I can't believe how some people would react!!!

--------------------

this sig was made by a friend... -______________-

+Quote Post
EdxRose_fan
post Apr 6 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 45,997

QUOTE(LittleFullMental @ Apr 2 2008, 03:58 AM) *
I agree with edxrose_fan on everything! and I completely support this thread!!! Have you guys noticed? or sensed that the only reason people HATE her is because she danced with ed! (the same thing is through with Ed and Noa because of that "scene"!) I can't believe how some people would react!!!

Yay! Somebody who agrees with me! biggrin.gif

That is so true. u_u

--------------------
EdxRose fan till the day I die.

Visit My DeviantART website, Please. :B

[size="6"][/size]

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 11:48 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css