HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rose And Ed In Episode 49, Spoiler Alart!!
Psycojester
post Oct 6 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 186

Hmm omakse the word for that would be statutory rape, alls freaking 10 years old
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 6 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

That's why I did a / instead of an x. tongue.gif Besides, who said I meant right now? rolleyes.gif Wait a few years and they're "allowed" to date. <__< I always hated those age-rules... (or is that rules in general?)

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Oct 7 2004, 04:00 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 823

I don't understand how people can get so upset over how a storyteller chooses to tell their own story. The Roze attraction didn't come out of nowhere necesarrily (a word I can never spell). When Dante suggested it and Ed had a 'reaction' (and he definitely did have one) I think it was supposed to communicate that there had been a slight attraction for Ed. I did not see, anywhere at all, that Roze was interested in Ed however. And I agree with Flyingwind in that Dante was mainly just trying to mess with Ed's head and Ed did indeed know enough (or simply didn't respect Dante enough) to contradict what she said. I've noticed that Ed doesn't really tend to converse over trivial matters such as 'who likes who' when he's having a staring contest with someone he intends to kill.

And in defense of Roze, because I feel that the story was well told (despite some clarity issues surrounding the exact events at 5th Lab, motive problems on the part of the Homunculi, and pacing during the transition from 5th Lab story-arc to the Finale story-arc): She GETS to be a little brain-dead! She friggin' deserves it! Let's have a look at her life, shall we?
Early childhood - we have no idea but her parents both die at some point. I don't remember why, plague I think.
Teen years - She has a boyfriend whom she loves very much. He dies. She latches onto a faith which promises resurrection for much the same reasons people like Scar's bro and Tucker get that 'look' in their eyes. Desperation. Lo! And behold! Her major religion is disassembled in front of her and her faith is shaken to its core BUT NOT BEFORE meeting a SUPER creepy giant BIRD THING which dies calling out her name!!
After Ed leaves - She recovers from losing not only her boyfriend, but any hope that she might see him again, with the help of Edward Elric's philosophy that you can find the will to live under any circumstances (I'm paraphrasing) and sadly, but eventually and with a new outlook, attempts to rebuild the tatters of her life. Well at least that would have been the case except that the damn priest shows up again and bam! She's right back clinging to an immortality/sun cult. Almost immediately: War. People dying, buildings crumbling. Children crushed or shot. Widows cry for their dead husbands. People she's known all her life, exterminated for what they believe in. At least, this is what it would have looked like in her eyes. While hiding in terror with some orphans she is found, captured, raped probably more than once, and possibly tortured as well. Whatever the circumstances while captive, they were so unspeakable that she entered a psychological state of shock robbing her of her voice. In real life this happens to people who are tortured. In real life this happens to military prisoners and in real life, rape as torture is used as a war tactic by organized militaries.

So she's a little bit dazed, yeah. She survives for awhile, meets Dante, sees more war and death...Ed shows up and nearly dies at te hands of some very creepy people...Roze then escapes with Dante and then sees more weird crap while hanging out with her. Ed shows up again and by this point that poor girl has had her share of real bad experiences in her life. I'm surpsrised she can dance at all, let alone smile or speak or even sit...for two consecutive minutes...without sobbing uncontrollably. Or, again common in real life, develop Disassociative Identity Disorder. (Hm, interesting...file that under "fanfiction").

Now if there's something about Roze that still just gets on your nerves - that's fine. Your opinion is, of course, valid. But you can't tell me she's not a tragic character or that she holds no purpose in the story.

Though a Roze/Ed pairing would indeed be weird. Especially since I almost gurantee that girl is nuts by now. But the chemistry between Ed and Winry was obvious. Al not so much. Al mentions at one point that he fears death because he wants to experience falling in love at least once. Ed never mentions anything like this. This is probably partially because he thinks of nothing but returning his brother to is original body - but ALSO because to think about girls he would first have to adress his attraction to Winry. And merely thinking about things like that solidifies them somewhat and he just can't be thinking about Winry because by god he has work and research to do and if she got involved then she'd just either get in the way or be in danger. At least that's what I figure his train of thought would be like.

P.S. Sorry that was so long.

--------------------
Remember, everyone was a noob once. Except me.
WoW: Dragonblight/Horde 'Keis'
Make a little cartoon avatar that looks like yourself. It's neat.

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Oct 7 2004, 01:47 PM
Post #19

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

QUOTE(Ghost @ Oct 7 2004, 11:00 AM)
I don't understand how people can get so upset over how a storyteller chooses to tell their own story...

Yeah! Go tell them, Ghost-san! I kind of think that a lot of FMA fans are just a little too hateful of characters. (Poor Wrath...)

Yay! Another Ed/Winry supporter! (Or is it? I don't want to mislabel someone by carelessness..)

I originally thought that Roze was only a very minor character used for introducing the main characters at the start of the story who's life gets changed and never appears again, so I was pretty impressed to see FMA break that cliche and actually worked Lior into the whole storyline multiple times. So, I have to agree that people should really stop picking on Roze. It's already more than admirable enough that she was actually trying to keep on living her life instead of moping like a lifeless doll!

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 7 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Moderator Emeritus

QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 7 2004, 08:47 PM)
I kind of think that a lot of FMA fans are just a little too hateful of characters. (Poor Wrath...)

biggrin.gif I have the feeling the Wrath!hate is kind of dwindling down. Hopefully Ghost's [lengthy tongue.gif] post will serve as an eye-opener as well.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Torx
post Oct 7 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 682

QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 12:53 PM)
*cough*Al/Winry*cough* smile.gif

Yes!!!!

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 7 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #22

Moderator Emeritus

Torx you're a fellow Al/Winry fan/shipper?? *__* YES!!

Look, Hakai we're not alone anymore!

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Torx
post Oct 7 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Of course.

It should have developed more though. It just popped out of nowhere when Envy kidnapped Al. Plus Psiren was too old for Al then and now she's way too old for him.

EdxRose is where it's at anyway. I would have said Lyra but she's dead sad.gif

+Quote Post
Torx
post Oct 7 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Something just dawned on me...

Something cool but probably won't happen.

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

+Quote Post
Blahblah
post Oct 7 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 495

I don't see anything wrong with poor Rose, so just leave her alone!

How old is Roze..?

Yeah! Go Alphonse and Winry! I mean, Al won that bet didn't he! Plus Edward isn't interested in anything but alchemy, even if it is to restore Al and such..

I live to observe. Please, call me Kase. (don't mind the bolding of my own name, I do that with every name for some reason )

Sorry! I usually call you Omakase Shimasu

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Torx
post Oct 7 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #26

Citizen

hey... when was Roze hotter?

episode 1 or episode 51?

she's changed you know. ever so slightly. she just shed a little bit of baby fat.

+Quote Post
Ghost
post Oct 8 2004, 12:57 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 823

QUOTE(Torx)
...and thats how herpes got started.

Well I heard they weren't fully... *double-takes at Torx*

...Wait what!?

--------------------
Remember, everyone was a noob once. Except me.
WoW: Dragonblight/Horde 'Keis'
Make a little cartoon avatar that looks like yourself. It's neat.

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Oct 8 2004, 01:59 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

The character of rose is quite interesting... it's just the HAIR that gets on my nerves alot... when I read the manga, I thought her hair was something like Hikaru's... But I still can't see Ed/Rose happening...

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 8 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #29

Guests

The Rose/Dante/Ed incident is glaringly obvious to me. Consider:
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Oct 9 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

Ed won't fall for Roze/Dante!!! HE belongs to Winry!!!

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 03:19 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css