HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Readers Demographic Poll, What Gender & Age Group are you?
FMA Manga Readers Demographic Poll
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 61
Guests cannot vote 
bemused_non-alch...
post Feb 18 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
From: arable land with sufficient resources to support carbon-based life
Member No.: 8,458

Age: 17 this year (gosh, I remember a time when I though 15 was old. XD)
Appeal thing: Yes, of course. I'm a fan, remember? But putting aside my prejudices for a moment, I'd say it'd appeal to anyone with an open mind and a fetish for adventure.

FMA opened my eyes to the whole world of manga. FMA also converted 2 friends of mine, one of whom got so into it she became an official FMA evangelist and spread the fever to her whole class. I feel so fulfilled. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I only follow a couple of manga because I tend to compare them to FMA and they inevitably come off worse. sad.gif

--------------------
My avatar depicts the fate of a little alligator which decided to eat too much apple. In case you don't know.

And I'll put some other banner up when I feel like it. Until then, be content to stare at this measly little paragraph.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 18 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(bemused_non-alchemist @ Feb 18 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]351458[/snapback]

Age: 17 this year (gosh, I remember a time when I though 15 was old. XD)
Appeal thing: Yes, of course. I'm a fan, remember? But putting aside my prejudices for a moment, I'd say it'd appeal to anyone with an open mind and a fetish for adventure.

FMA opened my eyes to the whole world of manga. FMA also converted 2 friends of mine, one of whom got so into it she became an official FMA evangelist and spread the fever to her whole class. I feel so fulfilled. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I only follow a couple of manga because I tend to compare them to FMA and they inevitably come off worse. sad.gif

That's the problem with reading something great. You're expectations become really high T_T

I recommend Trigun after Fullmetal Alchemist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bemused_non-alch...
post Feb 19 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #18

Citizen

From: arable land with sufficient resources to support carbon-based life
Member No.: 8,458

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 19 2006, 12:41 AM) [snapback]351475[/snapback]

That's the problem with reading something great. You're expectations become really high T_T

What's it about? I think I've seen it on the shelves somewhere...

Edit: Hmm. We're going a bit off-topic, aren't we?

--------------------
My avatar depicts the fate of a little alligator which decided to eat too much apple. In case you don't know.

And I'll put some other banner up when I feel like it. Until then, be content to stare at this measly little paragraph.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 19 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(bemused_non-alchemist @ Feb 19 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]351970[/snapback]

I've heard of it. Supposedly, it's about this man with the worlds biggest bounty on his head (He's wanted for destroying an entire city single-handedly), BUT...he's the LEAST likely person to do that sort of thing, and doesn't even remember doing it.

At least, that's what I heard. Look it up on Wikipedia, why don't you?

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Feb 22 2006, 03:11 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 19 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]352070[/snapback]

QUOTE(bemused_non-alchemist @ Feb 19 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]351970[/snapback]

I've heard of it. Supposedly, it's about this man with the worlds biggest bounty on his head (He's wanted for destroying an entire city single-handedly), BUT...he's the LEAST likely person to do that sort of thing, and doesn't even remember doing it.

At least, that's what I heard. Look it up on Wikipedia, why don't you?

A little late, but... happy.gif

Might as well point out that, like FMA, the anime was made from the start as a different project, starting from the manga, although in this case the series is shorter and sticks to the manga longer.
And... it's so far the only case where I've liked better the anime over the original manga, which gets quite too bizarre, whereas the anime is a very nice, sad and yet full of hope story. I love oh so much the last chapter...

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:55 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css