HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dear Board, Could You Change My Display Name?
Envy's Lady
post Dec 21 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #346

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,733

QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 20 2010, 02:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 20 2010, 02:56 AM) *
Hello. Can I have my name changed to Vanity please?

I see that someone else already has the name but the person joined back in 2008 and has never posted even once: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showuser=59838

Hello Green Eyed Envy, you're correct that we already have a member using that name, and hence we have to ask you to choose other name, or make some variations to that name so that our system can distinguish. smile.gif

For example... "Vanity.", "Vanity-", "Vanity_", "Envy's Vanity", "Vanité" (that's "Vanity" in French XD), etc.... or, please come up with some name you would like and not already taken on our board, and then you can use that as your new display name. biggrin.gif

Ah that sucks. sad.gif I probably won't bother then.

At another board I go to(well used to, they banned me because they hate me...they wrote the reason for my ban as "It's time to go our separate ways" lol) if someone never posts for years and never even posted at all the mods edit that person's name and give it to the active person. So I thought it might be the same here.

Vanity was my user name at the old forum where they didn't want me anymore. They refused to punish all the people there who would always attack and flame me. They thought it best to just get rid of me instead.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Dec 29 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #347

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

Really reluctant to ask but could I get my name change to " LoMXD " if that's available?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 30 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #348

Apprentice

It's too bad that all the good names are taken. sad.gif

I figured that the user name Envy was taken too but it makes me sad that it's someone who joined back in 2004 and never even posted once in all these years:

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...p?showuser=4799

The person has not only never posted but hasn't logged in for 6 years.

100% inactive people that most likely don't even know this forum exists anymore or care about FMA anymore took all the good names. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 30 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #349

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I'm afraid that's the way it has to be. If we suddenly permitted someone new to take a name like "Envy" after all these years, those who couldn't have it and had to come up with something new would be upset.

This is a very large website, thousands of people have signed up and yes many never come back after signing up. If someone were to take one of these names it would appear to be favouritism and that isn't fair on new or long established members.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 30 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #350

Apprentice

Well on some other sites I've been to if someone is permanently banned or been inactive for over 6 months and has less than 500 posts, whoever asks for the name first is allowed to take it. It's not considered favouritism since the rules are the same for everyone and comes on a first ask basis.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Dec 30 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #351

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 30 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Well on some other sites I've been to if someone is permanently banned or been inactive for over 6 months and has less than 500 posts, whoever asks for the name first is allowed to take it. It's not considered favouritism since the rules are the same for everyone and comes on a first ask basis.

This isn't 'some other site'. Different sites, different rules. That's just the way it goes.
I think what Chiyo is getting at is the rules can't really be changed to something like that this late in the game. If the site were created maybe a year ago, then maybe. But this place has been active for 6+ years now (I believe). To change it now, for new people, would be like a slap in the face to someone who joined 3 years ago. Even if they just lurk. The way it is now is the way it's always been, it wouldn't be fair to those who could still be active who wanted the name "envy" for example, to just give it to you. That my friend, would be like favoritism.

Best to roll with it and go with what you've got or come up with a variation.

((As for myself, I'm content with my username as it is, don't mind me~))

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 30 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #352

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Thank you, Chiyo and Little Washu! You guys explained it better than I could have. biggrin.gif

@Green Eyed Envy - Yse, as Chiyo and Little Washu have kindly explained above, on our board we do not take away members' usenames for the simple lack of log-in activities or posting activities. Of course each board is different and I can not speak for other boards, but as far as our board is concerned, this is how it has been on our board because we think this suites our board and our community here because our board has a large number of "silent" (lurker) members who regularly visit our board to read the posts and info in the fourms or use other parts of our board and they consider themselves to be part of our board even though they may not post, and also we have a large percentage of occurrence of "returning" members who "come back home" after a period of absence from our board, and we'd like to keep "welcome mat" for all these members as well as members who regularly post in the forums, and hence as far back as I remember this is how it has always been on our board, and I do not foresee any policy changes on this on our board.
Hence, I ask for your understanding, and if you'd like to have your display name changed, then please come up with a name (or variation) that has not been used on our board, and then I can assists you to have that one as your new board display name. smile.gif

----

QUOTE (Legolas of Mirkwood @ Dec 29 2010, 09:42 PM) *
Really reluctant to ask but could I get my name change to " LoMXD " if that's available?

WELCOME BACK, Legolas of Mirkwood!! biggrin.gif

Done.
@Formerly Legolas of Mirkwood - Your display name was changed to LoMXD as requested. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 30 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #353

Apprentice

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 30 2010, 09:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 30 2010, 07:37 PM) *

This isn't 'some other site'. Different sites, different rules. That's just the way it goes.
I think what Chiyo is getting at is the rules can't really be changed to something like that this late in the game. If the site were created maybe a year ago, then maybe. But this place has been active for 6+ years now (I believe). To change it now, for new people, would be like a slap in the face to someone who joined 3 years ago. Even if they just lurk. The way it is now is the way it's always been, it wouldn't be fair to those who could still be active who wanted the name "envy" for example, to just give it to you. That my friend, would be like favoritism.

Best to roll with it and go with what you've got or come up with a variation.

((As for myself, I'm content with my username as it is, don't mind me~))

Well rules on forums do change all the time. It's not like the rules at the other forums I mentioned were always the way they were from the beginning either. They get changed with time and with different mods taking over. I don't really see how it would be unfair to older users since, as long as they're still around when the rules are changed and see that they changed, they get just as much a chance as anyone to pick a new name right off the bat when the rules are changed.

That's just my opinion though and if it isn't going to change then fine. I just thought it would be sad of me not to bring up any ideas.

I didn't actually even get the name I originally signed up with at this site since the registration e-mails were not going out for some reason at the time I joined. XD So my first account attempt didn't happen. I guess that was just random unluckiness. Just like on another forum when I put in a request for a new name and the second before the mods got around to changing my name to that name, someone new joined the forum with that user name! laugh.gif I put in the request before the person joined but then the person joined and yeah.

I guess I'll have to come up with some other user name but no good ones exist anymore.

====

ETA: Might as well give me this name:

Envy's Lady

I'm pretty sure it isn't taken yet since I looked through all the Envy names yesterday and there's nothing else I can think of for my name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 1 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #354

Group Icon

QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 31 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Might as well give me this name:

Envy's Lady

I'm pretty sure it isn't taken yet since I looked through all the Envy names yesterday and there's nothing else I can think of for my name.

@Green Eyed Envy - Just to make sure... you know that you don't have to change your display name... you know that, right? unsure.gif
You can keep your current name and not to change to a new display name, if you'd like to keep using your current one for now, and if so that is perfectly fine with the board, as this thread is for any member who wishes to have his/her board display name changed and would like to make a such request to the board, if and when such is desired by the member.

(Just making sure, since once you change your display name you can not make another request for the change of display name for 6 months. smile.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Jan 1 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #355

Apprentice

Yeah I'm changing it. There is nothing better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 1 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #356

Group Icon

^ All right, then. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 31 2010, 12:35 AM) *
Might as well give me this name:

Envy's Lady

Done.
@Formerly Green Eyed Envy - Your display name was changed to Envy's Lady as requested. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Jan 2 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #357

Apprentice

Okay thanks.

===

OT: By the way is my sig showing up for you? For some reason I can't see any of my images that I uploaded and a bunch of sites aren't working for me. I think maybe there is something wrong with my computer. sad.gif

<@Envy's Lady - Yes, I can see your sig. smile.gif But, I think it's too tall. Max sig height for our board is 300 pix high, that's the total Max sig height for everything in the sig; images and typed-in text. Currently, your sig has an image that's 300 pix high, but also has two text lines, so, you might get your sig edited by Mod. ohmy.gif ...Just for your info. ^^ You can read more on this here. smile.gif ~ Tombow>

^ Oh, well the sig wasn't even showing up for me. :S

Anyway I thought that 300 pixels was just for the image and not text. sleep.gif

I think that makes it too small though. sad.gif Not much point in having a sig then really since no one can see much detail in such a small thing.

<@Envy's Lady - Aha, that's a common misunderstanding. biggrin.gif And, yeah, that's the standard max size for everyone here. Sorry! If you'd like, you can use a smaller pic to fit in for our sig size, and link it to a larger pic for anyone who are interested to see more details. I have seen some members doing it that way. ^^ ~ Tombow>

--------------------

+Quote Post
MeiXiTian
post Feb 19 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #358

Citizen

Member No.: 71,125

O herro! biggrin.gif I was told I'm allowed to change my username at the end of this January, so I am back! tongue.gif

Can I please have my username changed to 'MeiXiTian'?

Thank you! <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 19 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #359

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thunderkitten @ Feb 19 2011, 03:03 PM) *
O herro! biggrin.gif I was told I'm allowed to change my username at the end of this January, so I am back! tongue.gif

Can I please have my username changed to 'MeiXiTian'?

Thank you! <3

Welcome back, Thunderkitten! biggrin.gif
Done.
@Formerly Thunderkitten - Your display name was changed to MeiXiTian as requested. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MeiXiTian
post Feb 19 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #360

Citizen

Member No.: 71,125

Wow! That was well quick! biggrin.gif Thank yooou! <3

--------------------

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 10:24 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css